Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

winberrl or winberrl ellen?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
haures
haures

Male Posts : 89

winberrl or winberrl ellen? Empty
PostSubject: winberrl or winberrl ellen?   winberrl or winberrl ellen? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:54 am

they have the same cart. but their thorns differs. which one could be better of the other?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: winberrl or winberrl ellen?   winberrl or winberrl ellen? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:11 am

Ellen's is tricky to use.
Vesca's thorns are better. But between those two, the normal one.
Back to top Go down
haures
haures

PostSubject: Re: winberrl or winberrl ellen?   winberrl or winberrl ellen? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:28 am

Cori wrote:
Ellen's is tricky to use.
Vesca's thorns are better. But between those two, the normal one.
I've manage to reach my ellen's level to 8 and the free winberrl to lvl 5 and I figured out that whenever I use ellen's thorns I always fails but when I use the normal berrl I can manage to trap some bots for a kill of my allies but sometimes it kept on kicking/slashing me to death. now I have 45 rt thinking to get a rt winberrl or I should spend it to other stuff or bots (such as bugsycat or so)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: winberrl or winberrl ellen?   winberrl or winberrl ellen? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:38 am

haures wrote:
I've manage to reach my ellen's level to 8 and the free winberrl to lvl 5 and I figured out that whenever I use ellen's thorns I always fails but when I use the normal berrl I can manage to trap some bots for a kill of my allies but sometimes it kept on kicking/slashing me to death. now I have 45 rt thinking to get a rt winberrl or I should spend it to other stuff or bots (such as bugsycat or so)
Well, you could get another Winberrls if you want, but Bugsycait is more deadly against melee LNDs.
Back to top Go down
haures
haures

PostSubject: Re: winberrl or winberrl ellen?   winberrl or winberrl ellen? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Cori wrote:
haures wrote:
Well, you could get another Winberrls if you want, but Bugsycait is more deadly against melee LNDs.
hmm.. is it also good on offense like winberrl?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: winberrl or winberrl ellen?   winberrl or winberrl ellen? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:17 pm

haures wrote:
Cori wrote:
haures wrote:
He's better in defense where some Jikun, Ouka, or even Byne charging through you. Because he depends on the enemy to charge, since he's pretty much defenseless on his side and back when using the shield.

Or you could just get his arm and put it on Winberrl. Win-win situation.
Back to top Go down
haures
haures

PostSubject: Re: winberrl or winberrl ellen?   winberrl or winberrl ellen? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Cori wrote:
haures wrote:
Cori wrote:

He's better in defense where some Jikun, Ouka, or even Byne charging through you. Because he depends on the enemy to charge, since he's pretty much defenseless on his side and back when using the shield.

Or you could just get his arm and put it on Winberrl. Win-win situation.
I can't afford to change the arms of winberrl. so do you think it's worth it if I level 10 my ellen or let her stay in lvl 8?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: winberrl or winberrl ellen?   winberrl or winberrl ellen? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:25 pm

haures wrote:
I can't afford to change the arms of winberrl. so do you think it's worth it if I level 10 my ellen or let her stay in lvl 8?
That one is really up to you, since the highest point of using Winberrl is her bind thorns, second is the draw gun. If you feel Ellen thorns are easy enough to use, then level her up. I've yet to see people using that large thorn effectively, though.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: winberrl or winberrl ellen?   winberrl or winberrl ellen? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:55 pm

The "problem" with Ellen thorns is they're situational in use, and require good knowledge of your surroundings. For example, you can quite literally wall off a chokepoint, throw a net up in the air over the chasm in Temple Site and cause people to fall to their deaths, or suddenly bind people on the other side of a thin wall (haven't checked my Ellen to see if she has it, but if possible I'd highly recommend Broad Radar just for this). You could also use it to bind a group of people huddled around a healer or power spot from an unexpected position to allow your team to rush in and tear them apart.

The more real problem with it is that it doesn't protect you at all. If you get rushed, your bind won't do a thing to save you. Conversely, if you throw up your bind wall, you're a sitting duck to whoever was on the other side if you fail to catch them.

But like I said, aside from preference it's also situational. Maps with lots of enclosed space and hallways will give Ellen a lot more potential use than you'd get with regular Winbell thorns.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: winberrl or winberrl ellen?   winberrl or winberrl ellen? EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:40 am

I've seen berrl users just thorn once and let it wear off, spam right click and you can buff the length and AoE of your thorns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: winberrl or winberrl ellen?   winberrl or winberrl ellen? Empty

Back to top Go down

winberrl or winberrl ellen?
Page 1 of 1