Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

build for icy

Go down 
+6
Zwiebel Force
MagicPotatoplz
KidGlitch
Winty
Pork Chop
morxd213
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
morxd213
morxd213

Male Posts : 21

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: build for icy   build for icy EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 5:23 am

hey Very Happy

i need a build to icy and i can't find any decent one so i tried to create one...
i just want to say that its my first time EVER i tried to build ANYTHING, so please don't be too... mean :/

basicly i tried to get max tech and 31 fly somehow, don't know if i should, don't know if i've done it right, hope you can judge that :
build with 5cap and broad radar:

also i tried to get 6 cap instead of broad radar, thats what i got :
build with 6cap and no broad radar:

agian, my first time trying to make a build, if you have any better build, please share it Smile
thank you in advanced.

edit :
i forgot to ask, if i have an account full of mats and items, can i transfer them somehow to another account with the bazaar system? if i can, does it requires a specific amount of uc? and is there any items i can't use in the bazaar system?
thank you Smile

edit 2 :
Leriel is awesome so he gave me a build :
all hail Leriel~:

if someone can approve this build, that will really help me Smile
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

Male Posts : 359

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 12:53 pm

personal opinion only...

I like broad radar, being ambushed by a melee LND with slow tunes on their weapon is almost certain death.

Well, I was never that much of a good dodger with movement carts so I still keep a blast guard or beam guard or both depending which is harder to dodge in this meta.

I often prioritize mobility of FLY (Float Dash) or WLK (Short Boost) before pumping TEC because for me it is your only defense against melee since you don't have Sword Guard cart.

I never had an Icy but if the weapon's speed is around 400+ I wouldn't put any Rapid tunes at it anymore. And there is nothing wrong with adding range or power. pig 

On the side note: if you are really planning on transferring "transferables" to another through the bazaar system, you're going to have a bad time with the tax and other potential onlookers to you shop. pig 
Back to top Go down
morxd213
morxd213

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 1:19 pm

Pork Chop wrote:
personal opinion only...

I like broad radar, being ambushed by a melee LND with slow tunes on their weapon is almost certain  death.

Well, I was never that much of a good dodger with movement carts so I still keep a blast guard or beam guard or both depending which is harder to dodge in this meta.

I often prioritize mobility of FLY (Float Dash) or WLK (Short Boost) before pumping TEC because for me it is your only defense against melee since you don't have Sword Guard cart.

I never had an Icy but if the weapon's speed is around 400+ I wouldn't put any Rapid tunes at it anymore. And there is nothing wrong with adding range or power. pig 

On the side note: if you are really planning on transferring "transferables" to another through the bazaar system, you're going to have a bad time with the tax and other potential onlookers to you shop. pig 
have you seen Leriel's build? i edited and added it.
can you give me your opinion about his build?
and thank you for your help Smile
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 3:22 pm

use weapon tunes they are good
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
morxd213
morxd213

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:50 pm

Winty wrote:
Spoiler:
no EIW at all?
and now im confused.... i don't know if i should use this build or Leriel's build, i hope someone will help me choosing :/
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Winty wrote:
Spoiler:
No stun regain or C-veil to go with your 7 TGH? Are you relying solely on the range of your cannon?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:31 pm

>stun regain at 7tgh
>cveil on a long-range artillery that should never be caught
of course I'm using the range of the gun why else would I have range tunes in it
what am I gonna do with CV tunes, not get stunned by the rinkas that disorder me?
you hop around at the edge of a fight shooting people with your dumb gun

if you want EIW you can capa tune to get it by dropping some of the HP. IMO it puts you overcost for what she does especially when ammo considerations are taken into account.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:04 pm

You're gonna get your ass handed to you the moment something smashes through the front lines, especially if you get displaced, immobilized, or camped. Personally, I always hit at least double digits for TGH, unless I'm running 2+ crimson veils. It's pretty easy to get there, and it almost never takes more than 10-15 cost, which is well worth it, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:34 pm

there is
broad radar
hops
accel roll
ice wall
backstep from weapon switch

the moment something smashes through the front lines you leave it's threat zone
CV isn't going to help when you are sub 450 HP especially since you have to drop other things for that.
tgh doesn't do shit to melees until you start getting to like 15 or whatever it is, and you are artillery regardless. Lower TGH values are to prevent ranged weapons from stunning and you shouldn't be trading shots with things since they shouldn't be in range to trade shots with you.
If something does get on you and you can't run away and can't win a damage race you are dead regardless of tgh or cv tunes.
you can put that cost into tuning stats that will be useful 10% of the time
or you can put it into stats that are useful 100% of the time
i think this is a pretty easy decision.
bringing up "if X happens I need Y" is silly when X is the thing that your bot dies to regardless.
CV is for crowd diving and dueling melees.

if you get hit by melee you fucked up
why would you ever plan to fuck up
it's like wanting to be bad
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Spoiler:

A build with Accele Roll.
Mine wasn't built to have Accele Roll because >Rt carts, but I get easily killed by a lot of things (especially since CS is like HURR DURR ICE WALL CONSUMES TWO AMMO PER USE I CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO FIX IT SO TOO BAD), so I'd recommend Accele Roll over any other survival options. If you don't keep room for it, you can have better weapon tunes (more force on either, more speed on the handgun, etc.).
2x EIW is a must for me and I'd very extremely highly super duper a lot recommend it. Broad is extremely useful for her, too. And as for the last cart, I wouldn't do anything besides Short Boost, Float Dash, or Fast Recovery, but Fast Recovery is 30 cost, and doesn't grant a very helpful mobility option. Actually since Ice Wall runs out super fast now I wouldn't even consider Fast Recovery at all.

morxd213 wrote:
no EIW at all?
and now im confused.... i don't know if i should use this build or Leriel's build, i hope someone will help me choosing :/
mine

Last edited by MagicPotatoplz on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

Male Posts : 359

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 10:24 pm

About Leriel's build...

Short boost + Accele Roll gives you a good distance away from any danger compared to increasing your FLY stat.

I have a Lily Rain with Float Dash + Accele Roll. So in my opinion.

Stick to your team, even if you have very high maneuverability to avoid anything, it literally eats almost all your boost gauge. Meaning it will kill you if someone dedicates to chase after you. But when you are among the crowd of your allies, you are most likely to be the last target to be chased for being able to travel away longer and faster in a sudden moment. pig 
Back to top Go down
morxd213
morxd213

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 5:35 pm

thank you everyone for your help ! Smile
im still not sure if i should use Leriel's build or MagicPotatoplz's build, but i will figure it out somehow XD

someone have any tips for using icy? any certain things i should do in the battle to use the max potential of icy?
and how should i use icy's ice wall? i can't figure out how to use it properly and when should i use it.

and agian, everyone, thank you so much !
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 6:59 pm

Not sure if her EIW is even needed with all these Rones around and such.

Idk but imo either Potato-Ô's or Winty-chama's build. 23 FLY isn't enough D=
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:

I don't see that many Rones. But I don't play that much anymore.
2x EIW = longer Long Range duration, and you can activate whenever you want, max 3 times. On top of that it grants a great projectile size increase (though railgun damage seems a little buggier when bigger), making accuracy on the handgun much better, and very potent mixed with Long Range or Hypershot. Also pretty sure it gives a small force increase on both weapons when aura's active. Too good to not take. ; _ ;

As for Leriel's build there's a lot of inefficient tunes, so at least fix it up first (high tec betas on a fly bot. i dont even.)

Weapon tunes are completely up to you, I just didn't know what to put in for the weapon tunes because everyone seems to do them differently.

For playing Icy: Watch the radar at all times. Stay back and utilize the cannon + Long Range. Don't waste your time when you have Aura active. If the match is running low on BP and you still have Aura activation ammo left, use it once your Long Range runs out so you can utilize that. If they ever fix her Ice Wall, don't be afraid to use it a lot, because it's pretty godly. Right now you might want to conserve your Ice Wall ammo a little but still make sure you use it often enough that you'll run out of Ice Wall ammo before you die (no matter how much you want it to, it won't last until your weapons run out of ammo). Her Ice Wall is also useful for supporting teammates; if you're healing in a group, stand in the front and use Ice Wall when enemies come and attack from the front. Make sure you switch between the two guns in the appropriate situations; the handgun is very good for killing close airs and stunning anything that may be chasing you.
Some things you usually don't want to mess with: Mialy (all forms), anything with a Blast Railgun, Persenachia, Nicole Malice, Monica Gold, all melees; be very careful when fighting Air Eve and Resha, because Ice Wall doesn't block Ruin Cannon's damage or Bullet Jam, though it does usually block most of Vox's damage.
Back to top Go down
morxd213
morxd213

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:17 pm

MagicPotatoplz wrote:
Zwiebel Force wrote:

I don't see that many Rones. But I don't play that much anymore.
2x EIW = longer Long Range duration, and you can activate whenever you want, max 3 times. On top of that it grants a great projectile size increase (though railgun damage seems a little buggier when bigger), making accuracy on the handgun much better, and very potent mixed with Long Range or Hypershot. Also pretty sure it gives a small force increase on both weapons when aura's active. Too good to not take. ; _ ;

As for Leriel's build there's a lot of inefficient tunes, so at least fix it up first (high tec betas on a fly bot. i dont even.)

Weapon tunes are completely up to you, I just didn't know what to put in for the weapon tunes because everyone seems to do them differently.

For playing Icy: Watch the radar at all times. Stay back and utilize the cannon + Long Range. Don't waste your time when you have Aura active. If the match is running low on BP and you still have Aura activation ammo left, use it once your Long Range runs out so you can utilize that. If they ever fix her Ice Wall, don't be afraid to use it a lot, because it's pretty godly. Right now you might want to conserve your Ice Wall ammo a little but still make sure you use it often enough that you'll run out of Ice Wall ammo before you die (no matter how much you want it to, it won't last until your weapons run out of ammo). Her Ice Wall is also useful for supporting teammates; if you're healing in a group, stand in the front and use Ice Wall when enemies come and attack from the front. Make sure you switch between the two guns in the appropriate situations; the handgun is very good for killing close airs and stunning anything that may be chasing you.
Some things you usually don't want to mess with: Mialy (all forms), anything with a Blast Railgun, Persenachia, Nicole Malice, Monica Gold, all melees; be very careful when fighting Air Eve and Resha, because Ice Wall doesn't block Ruin Cannon's damage or Bullet Jam, though it does usually block most of Vox's damage.
wow, thank you so much Very Happy
i mainly want damage and range to the charge gun, i dont really care about the handgun cuz as you said i use it only with short ranges (a condition i don't wanna get into as a sniper) and well... breaking cactus and these things to get ammo/hp when needed.
which tunes you think i should get to the charge gun? and do you think i should giveup on the speed tune you gave the handgun to get a better tune to the charge gun?
also, what do you mean "If they ever fix her Ice Wall"? is it bugged somehow? i never really used it so i don't know...
btw, sorry if i sound like a total noob (which i am, i guess) but where can i get the cosmic cola and eve ornament?
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Iirc, it uses 2 ammo.
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:51 pm

morxd213 wrote:
i mainly want damage and range to the charge gun, i dont really care about the handgun cuz as you said i use it only with short ranges (a condition i don't wanna get into as a sniper) and well... breaking cactus and these things to get ammo/hp when needed.
which tunes you think i should get to the charge gun? and do you think i should giveup on the speed tune you gave the handgun to get a better tune to the charge gun?
also, what do you mean "If they ever fix her Ice Wall"? is it bugged somehow? i never really used it so i don't know...
btw, sorry if i sound like a total noob (which i am, i guess) but where can i get the cosmic cola and eve ornament?
Ahhh, I really didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't use the handgun much. It's really good. Sometimes I play very offensively and hop around in the front lines using it and all my Ice Walls right off the bat.
I really can't say what weapon tunes you should use... they're all good. ; _ ; Personally, I went with G Force + G Rapid, but I definitely feel like more Range would help. Some people don't tune their handgun because they already find it easy to hit with and/or they're trying not to lower its ammo. I think it's a little slow, so my handgun has G Rapid Beta (3x Rapid would save 20 ammo and 5 cost if you can afford to tune 3x Rapid on the gun).
Ice Wall consumes 2 ammo instead of 1 like it should. At least mine does. lol
Cosmic Cola: one of the UC DX Garas, there are other +1 TEC 10 cost weapons out there. You can buy it or a +1 TEC Bouquet at bazaar for probably less UC than it would take to roll it.
I'm pretty sure you can only get EVE Ornaments from other people at bazaar or from cubes now... they used to be in UC Gara. ;-;
Back to top Go down
morxd213
morxd213

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:27 pm

MagicPotatoplz wrote:
morxd213 wrote:
Ahhh, I really didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't use the handgun much. It's really good. Sometimes I play very offensively and hop around in the front lines using it and all my Ice Walls right off the bat.
I really can't say what weapon tunes you should use... they're all good. ; _ ; Personally, I went with G Force + G Rapid, but I definitely feel like more Range would help. Some people don't tune their handgun because they already find it easy to hit with and/or they're trying not to lower its ammo. I think it's a little slow, so my handgun has G Rapid Beta (3x Rapid would save 20 ammo and 5 cost if you can afford to tune 3x Rapid on the gun).
Ice Wall consumes 2 ammo instead of 1 like it should. At least mine does. lol
Cosmic Cola: one of the UC DX Garas, there are other +1 TEC 10 cost weapons out there. You can buy it or a +1 TEC Bouquet at bazaar for probably less UC than it would take to roll it.
I'm pretty sure you can only get EVE Ornaments from other people at bazaar or from cubes now... they used to be in UC Gara. ;-;
Yeah i know the handgun is awesome, when i started using icy i used the handgun only, its insane with the tower`s speed boost.
Even now im using it sometimes when my team really rapes the enemie and when i have a speed boost, but i don't think its worth tuning a weapon i use sometimes instead of tuning my main one even more, do you disagree?
Btw, do you own steam/origin? I know its a random question xD

Last edited by morxd213 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:50 pm

my reasoning for not taking EIW:
seems like a lot of cost(60) on something that doesn't directly increase damage(may or may not add a small force buff during aura, but you can be a greedy nignog and hog WD items, your team probably doesn't need them) and also doesn't benefit from ammo restoration. If it went to, idk, 5 or something I could see it being useful, but icy isn't really the kind of thing that dies before using up all her ammo, so having extra ammo is highly beneficial, which is why I'd prefer to place all my spare cost into weapon tunes since I can get more weapon ammo, rather and EIW which is used 3 times and then gone forever. The LR is very, very useful - I've considering capa tuning to pick up 1x eiw but I don't feel that sacrificing damage for EIW is a worthy trade.
Back to top Go down
morxd213
morxd213

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 2:45 pm

Winty wrote:
my reasoning for not taking EIW:
seems like a lot of cost(60) on something that doesn't directly increase damage(may or may not add a small force buff during aura, but you can be a greedy nignog and hog WD items, your team probably doesn't need them) and also doesn't benefit from ammo restoration. If it went to, idk, 5 or something I could see it being useful, but icy isn't really the kind of thing that dies before using up all her ammo, so having extra ammo is highly beneficial, which is why I'd prefer to place all my spare cost into weapon tunes since I can get more weapon ammo, rather and EIW which is used 3 times and then gone forever. The LR is very, very useful - I've considering capa tuning to pick up 1x eiw but I don't feel that sacrificing damage for EIW is a worthy trade.
basicly, thats how i see the builds you all gave me :
Leriel's build : high damage, high ammo, low range, low speed, and low fly. (1EIW)
MagicPotatoplz's build : low damage, average ammo, high range, high speed, and high fly. (2EIW)
Winty's build : high damage, low ammo, high range, high speed, and high fly. (0EIW)

while i do love high damage and high range, its kinda useless when i run out of ammo and it feels like a waste of time to start killing trees in the middle of the battle(cuz mostly my team don't give a shit about the fact that i don't have ammo) so i think the aura system uses the full potential of the ammo i have.
the problem is that 18 seconds is almost nothing, while 99 seconds is a decent time for using most of my ammo efficiently.
the reason i like MagicPotatoplz's build is because its more efficient on the long term, i guess i will change the great rapid beta for high force beta (it gets the same force as the two other builds and saves 3% ammo, not bad in my opinion) and i guess i will keep the speed tune on the handgun, its only 5 capa and i don't have anything better to add instead so its fine (can't hurt, right?).
btw Winty, i don't understand why did you used the Ranger tune, its 10 capa for 15 hp, i think instead of 20 capa for 30 hp a sniper sight would have helped me more by not getting noticed, do you think im wrong? if so, why?

thank you for helping me Smile
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 2:50 pm

when I run out of ammo I tend to ask for ammo, and if I don't get it, run in and shoot people with my pistol until someone gets annoyed enough to kill me.

I took a ranger tune because i like having HP. Other options include putting a force tune in the pistol, or going to level 10.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 3:00 pm

Aura increases the force of the cannon by 4, the smaller gun by 1.
Back to top Go down
morxd213
morxd213

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 4:34 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Aura increases the force of the cannon by 4, the smaller gun by 1.
oh, thats kinda low, thought its a bit higher...
if thats so, i think Winty is right, should i change potato's build this way? :

Spoiler:

that way i have 15 extra cap to add anything if i want to ( or get a beam guard even though its not helpful at all... ) and also i will have instead of about 60-62 force while using aura i will always have 61 force, although it does lowers the ammo to 84 which is a shame...
gimme your opinions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

potatochang wrote:

A little irrelevant on something trying to save Str in this case but I thought I'd point out High Tech Beta is perfectly fine on flybased bots who don't need their str.

2x HTech Beta + HBoost Beta is 4 tec, -1 walk, 0 fly, and -3 str for 15 cost. You pay 5 cost less for the same stat gain as 2x HTech Alpha while killing off a few different stats in comparison. Not usable on all bots, but definitely noticeable on bots like Fia or anything with excess walk/slots (you pay 3 slots for 4 tec vs 2 slots) where those few 5 costs you shave off is the difference between 28 fly and 34.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

build for icy Empty
PostSubject: Re: build for icy   build for icy Empty

Back to top Go down

build for icy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next