Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which air bot should I build?

Go down 
+6
;)OwneD)
Winty
Stickboy
Incendium
+RedCobra+
Nfi
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

Male Posts : 406

Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 4:23 am

Just the normal original Thoarla,the sub could do 100+ damage on my friend last time I hit
but the hitrate is pretty much 1% on a real match. (unless the person is really oblivious)
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:17 pm

endfield wrote:
Just the normal original Thoarla,the sub could do 100+ damage on my friend last time I hit
but the hitrate is pretty much 1% on a real match. (unless the person is really oblivious)
Oh... that's too bad.
I was thinking of one of the newer ones where you can like target a whole area and fire lightning.

Just checked the normal one on youtube. It's super slow and targets only 1...
Callisto is the good one...
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:34 pm

Well I remember killing quite a few with her earlier this year,
(used the sub as I land since melee tend to come near me, still misses a lot)

Then again, it's probably because of my style of play rather than the bot
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:39 pm

I think Katalina probably is the best one then for an air main until you can get Seraph Crim.
She's pretty much premade cause most people just spam the core weapons and then slap on missiles or blasters depending on whether you are going for anti-air or alpha striking.
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Nah, I like my Crim.
The only reason I would promote her is if I get another one.
(which I probably won't since I don't roll gara much)

I do like not having to think this and that for a bot. I'll probably
tune her for AA combat when I have nothing else to tune.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Shaftronics wrote:
That's right. All you need is 100 RT, and some UC-based hard work for this. Any experienced, seasoned player in MSBS should have the UC parts and accessories for this. All you need, are 2 Brickgale Blues (80 RT total) and 1 Mecha Jetter (17 RT) for a total of 97 RT. Plans are as below;

Quote :
【Robot Name】
Mecha Jetter

【Parts】
BD: Mecha Jetter BD
 WB: Slayer Bit/Propeller Bit
 LG: Seraph Crimrose LG [High Boost Alpha]
 HD: Tentrion HD [High Boost Alpha]
  HDAC: Hana Kanzashi [High Boost Alpha]
  FCAC: Ace of Hearts Earrings [High Boost Alpha]
 BS: Brickgale BS [High Boost Alpha]
 AM: Brickgale AM2
  WP: Mini Bazooka [High Boost Alpha]
 AM: Brickgale AM2
  WP: Mini Bazooka [High Boost Alpha]

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 空
SIZE: M
COST: 1045
CAPA: 1125
HP: 434
STR: 7
TEC: 19
WLK: 2
FLY: 34
TGH: 8

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×7
Stun Regain
Quick Boost
Moving Burst

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×7
Yellow Chip×70
Turbo Charger×63
Drum Magazine×49
You wanna make cost lower by tuning Betas instead? Go ahead. You wanna tune Alphas all the way, then tune the str away for Tec? Go ahead. There's plenty of leftover capacity to play around if you have spare parts lying around. Feel free. You can replace the weapons, maybe replace one zooka with a Limited plasma for the ability to stalk LNDs, since you already have a zooka for anti-air. Or you could speed-tune the zookas and tune the parts for fly, whatever, lol.

Do whatever you want, really. Mould it to your style.
Just a suggestion if you want a close-ranged Alpha Air. The template itself is very flexible, and you can probably adjust the weapon loadout as you see fit. Then again, I made this like, more than 2 years ago. Rofl.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:52 pm

protip: never use machineguns or gatlings for MB builds because they are meant to do damage over time when alphastriking is about burst damage.
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:34 pm

So alpha build just need the first hit to be strong, then after 1 burst move with MB cart
then repeat till the target is dead/too dangerous to continue?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:41 pm

I like how you're only using 1 thread for this - I wish more people were like you.

And yes, alphagging is about doing a large burst of damage in a short amount of time.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:42 pm

you will be shooting for 1.5-2 seconds for the most part.
I posted a video in the last page that demonstrates the general playstyle.
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:58 pm

Thanks for the compliment Astral, the last forum I joined
had a really strict policy against spamming thread.

Guess I'll observe that vid then,
is there any player I could observe in arena for this playstyle?
Back to top Go down
;)OwneD)
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
;)OwneD)

Male Posts : 370

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 12:13 am

you've never seen a good mb air........well if want someone u can watch watch vand hes got a pretty good old style alpha.only difference in his is that it runs tierouge amj.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 12:17 am

endfield wrote:
Thanks for the compliment Astral, the last forum I joined
had a really strict policy against spamming thread.

Guess I'll observe that vid then,
is there any player I could observe in arena for this playstyle?
First person I can think of that always uses MB AIRs is Hikaru.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 12:18 am

hikaru uses flaparms now which is a different style of play that the "traditional" alpha air builds.
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 12:29 am

I'll observe Vand and Hikaru then (gonna checked some vids too),
alongside with some trial and error runs with weapons and parts.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 12:39 am

I'm far too rusty/unskilled to properly play anymore. I'd show you how to otherwise.

Still, alpha-ing with 2 Mini-Bazookas will be slightly different, since you'll need to be either closer or heading straight towards the target for maximum accuracy.

Then again, good usage of the Brickgale BS is advised. If you have less than 10 charges on it left before you die, you're doing it right.

But dare I say, even with the newer weapons, this simple, cheap loadout will still do well once you get used to it. Hell, you can even stick to using the weapons separately and only alpha-ing for a quick burst. As long as you alternate between the bazookas so you have an equal supply of ammo among both of them to alpha with.

But as I said, the build itself has a lot of space left for personal touches.
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 12:56 am

Don't worry about it, I'll learn from a few test runs (or a whole lot of test runs)

But with the build you posted, are you alphaing air bots instead of lands?
(too my knowledge most player will take blast guard on lnd if they have the capa and level to spare)

The way I used my Brickgale Bs was for a quick change in direction, so I
don't know if it's right but I just played that way.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:26 am

What most people forget, is that the smaller bazookas like Handys, Micros and Mini Bazookas have a higher ratio of bullet damage than blast damage. Although its been awhile and I forgot the exact amount, or it could've changed and I could be totally wrong.

Also, don't forget that the damage from the Brickgale arms do add up as well, so they do end up being stunlocked.

If you can afford it, try to get a Butterflea X head for the Stun MG's on the head. They work way better than Raystag HD at this range.
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:41 am

Well I have trance skirt amj from the summer event, I could use that instead of Brickgale am2.
It might make the bot more costly but the maximum range should be the same as the bazooka.
(plus I'm saving my rt and uc for something atm)

Just the ammo count worries me with those amj.

@Winty
the vid you mentioned was the one in the thread asking for an Air Raider build right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which air bot should I build?   Which air bot should I build? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which air bot should I build?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2