Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So umm it's been like a year give or take..

Go down 
+26
Midreus
Tickle
Thranduil
Raven
Kobrakai
Senior Grey
User1
rei_hunter
Koiro
zerocl
mildcha0s94
Axanael
Akhenderson
Turkeysaur
XiaoFu
Mew
fhoeng
MagicPotatoplz
Seraphcrim
Aurum_Sol
Suguri
Winty
Relict?
milk
Astral_Dono
ngelicdark
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

Male Posts : 1288

So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:11 pm

If you play air... Artwalls welcome you with wide open missile pods... Unless Seraphs. Most of the population seems to be crutched on homing weapons.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Suguri wrote:
Chibis are actually really useful in modern day CB. Lots of matches have devolved into artwall standoffs, giving your team the range advantage in a fight like that quickly turns the tide in your favor.

also giving me ammo is highly beneficial to the team.
And giving everyone else ammo as well.
but mostly me.
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

Male Posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Then again, Initium still needs to be nerfed. Moon zeros are ok, save homing Kagura. Eihwaz Zeros are ok as well unless Sugu or Aria uses an Eve. If so, run the fuck away.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:56 pm

ART wall standoffs? = = Guess it means more...sniping practice? Idk.

Welp gives my chibi Laz some more love then. I'll put her in the commando. Maybe I should tune her after all..

Wait a second, does that mean the whole thing with alpha fagging is pretty much not existing as much? That...that doesn't seem right.

@Seraph When I find out what those bots are I will beware. And also at this point I'm sure if I knew them before I quit that I don't stand a chance to fight them now LOLOLOL. I only had a gimmicky melee Frau, a Plasma Gun Mod Seraph and an Ah Chan that I was too ashamed to really use. Sometimes I played her cuz it was fun to derp around and lose brain cells but yeah :/ Mostly a hopper/ART hopper player here :S I liked gimmicky builds.
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 5:00 pm

Seraphcrim wrote:
Eihwaz Zeros are ok

no. run away from all of them too.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Seraphcrim wrote:
Then again, Initium still needs to be nerfed.

"people are still using this, it clearly wasn't nerfed enough."

if you want to nerf initium again there are about 30 other things that should be nerfed first.
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 5:28 pm

Winty wrote:
Seraphcrim wrote:
Then again, Initium still needs to be nerfed.

"people are still using this, it clearly wasn't nerfed enough."

that has absolutely nothing to do with what he said

Winty wrote:
if you want to nerf initium again there are about 30 other things that should be nerfed first.

sorry but I prefer my weapons to not be completely disabled from a 100 damage attack until they can use it and disable them again, while they use a ridiculous ranged homing attack and run around shielded with 36 wlk and 40 tec
and i prefer my weapons to not be completely disabled and then stunlocked until i die while they heal from mashing right click and killing me in a few seconds
Yes, there are other things that still need to be nerfed, but about 30 things more broken than that? name them all, right here, right now, or be square

btw I'll try and stop arguing about these things here after this because this thread is not about balance issues, but I just can't agree with people about this stuff
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 5:44 pm

Honestly yes watch out for initiums, kagura, monica, and fagjacks. There's sometimes Luto/Ivis X/Reine mixed in alot right now since mega gara, but you should know how to deal with melees.

Flyling birds/Bullet Jam/Curse/Waste Booster still hurts alot for me (though this is just my opinion). Fagjacks/FC still do their usual, shit things out and run, so if you have radar tabbed or you see them, you can avoid it completely.

Again if you read everyone's comments, you should be fine in what you need to know about arena.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Things that are better than/on equal footing with initiums:

1. Legion
2. Illgrips glitches
3. Ragna is a fegit
4. Puerto Rico is a shitty country
5. I hate perse
6. Heart is gay
7. Flap arms are also glitchy but not as gay as illgrips arms
8. Man I sure hate Diana
9. I wish they'd nerf raven again
10. I sure hate machintlet builds but it's okay only one person can play them right
11. Glanz actually falls into the same category
12. Nemlim Mellow was always good
13. Moniqua is still good
14. Kagura is still good
15. Have you seen that nigga Jace? shit is out of control
16. Eyo Eyo, it's everyone's favorite double basca boosters, shit is fly as fuck dawg
17. Yalls niggas heard of my sisteru suguri? i heard that bitch loves her some Tao.
18. And Eve
19. EVE is actually still fucking good, yall shitters didn't forget about her, right?
20. "Reine is hardly worth the investment anymore" - vyolets 2013(the same could be said about eris though so it gets put on this list LOL)
21. Newvis is actually just as good as Eris if you play her right, people stopped because it wasn't FREE SCORE anymore
22. man rone can go eat a dick
23. I'd put Torte here but honestly she's just an inferior version of SCRAM LAUNCHER MOD
24. I like how they nerfed moniqua and kagura but didn't hit up dat Illumis Q booty.
25. Or dem lilytits
26. I'm honestly kind of stretching at this point but you guys wanna talk about brave axer? cuz I'd be up for talking about brave axer a bit.
27. Man I'm almost there. Shana is pretty strong imo.
28. Did you know that alba is shop now? damn son.
29. I'm not sure how I forgot about this until now: Mighty Byne Girl A. Man have you seen this fucking CUNTFISTER? holy shit. Should probably be higher if this list was ordered by power but I'm just listing shit.
30. I can do it if I try! Mialy is pretty gay. I don't consider her broken, but then again I don't consider resha broken either, so fuck you nigger.
31. EX tuning

tl;dr nice triple eris line, hotglue.

Last edited by Winty on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Funny how 90% of the mentioned stuff is hardly OP because of the new nerfs. Damn, Winty.

Things that you should be extremely cautious when dealing with: Flapjack AM bots (nobody ever mentioned how harder those things autoaim compared to transformed Flapjack, right?), Illgrips AM, Ragna/Rouche AM, any slow tuned melee bot, Kagura, Pump Bazooka (stun rate plus 20 str bullet size makes it one of the easiest follow-up weapons out there, pretty much like SDC but M size), Initone (has crazy long range burst damage), Illumis Q (one of the most mobile S bots with a way too powerful/easy to use core weapon), Ritter BS Axers, Persenachia, Scram Launcher Mod (can hit airs from 90º angles), EVE (old but it can still break you if you're careless), Lux Legion, M. Raven, Alba HD, among other stuff.

Bullet Jace and air EVE are powerful only if people knows how to use them and, of course, how stupid the enemy team is unless it's some stupid high ceiling map like winter base.

EDIT: Damn, Winty.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Winty wrote:

16. Eyo Eyo, it's everyone's favorite double basca boosters, shit is fly as fuck dawg
Has anyone actually done this besides Suguri?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:54 pm

that doesn't fucking matter this isn't a popularity contest, this is FUCKING VIDEOGAMES
also I do it
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Winty wrote:
that doesn't fucking matter this isn't a popularity contest, this is FUCKING VIDEOGAMES
also I do it
LOOKS LIKE I KNOW WHAT I'M TUNING! NYAHAHAHAHAH!
Also, apparently what about Thoarla Am4?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:10 pm

hey now if we list everything that's viable in arena we'd be here all day
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:25 pm

Sylvia where
Back to top Go down
mildcha0s94
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:37 pm

CBen commu:"More nerf pl0x, cuz my brain is too small for complex processes such as avoiding bot that're direct counter to mine"

Ohh, my side hurtz.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Thorla AM4 was here when I was here and while it was a thing it wasn't..a big a thing as EVE gun :/ And stuff.

I own a Mialy.. and while I loved her prebuff...I can't play her buffed without feeling bad. I don't know why she was buffed so hard. She was already pretty good so long as you knew how to work with her railgun (hint, aim for airs only cuz of the goddamm blast typing).

But considering that rage topics is how I end up learning what bots to expect to hate, it's fine. Also, hi turkey. lol.

And..what is puerto rico and eyo now? I don't get these nicks for these bots @_@
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Akane Vermill and Haruka Langlit were two airbots released after initium that were prebuilt alphas with a longer moving burst that shit damage and caused frameskips in some systems with their weapon particles.

They were nerfed last year, given a global cooldown on their weapons that kills their damage output. They are now rarely seen, and then only by people abusing a bug which allows them to fire a single weapon repeatedly without cooldown, instead of the alpha style of play they were originally designed for.

They were just reworked and released as Akane Vermill PR(Puerto Rico-chan) and Haruka Langlit JT(Justin Timberlake-chan). Akane had an error with her cost that, instead of fixing, CS just applied to Haruka. Haruka, however, was so broken on release she was nerfed to the ground before she even hit CBEN so we never had her when she was good. She's now terrible.

other things:

Glanz = new, reworked, really broken elisalotte that only one player has made work properly.

EYO EYO DOUBLE BASCA BOOSTERS = any aurabot with 2x Suzeku BS2. Kind of like a hatigarm machine, except better.

Lilytits = Bikini Lily, a long range, heavy homing, large AoE artillery bot released in summer of 2012

Tao = Feng Mei Tao, a variant of an existing bot that has a single, high damage tornado and a different subweapon.

EVE = lily rain eve, you know what this is

Eve = Eve, a zero bot that can be either land or Air, depending on how it is built. Has tools that shut down meleebots.

Brave Axer = vanguard Axer with Brave BS(or lazflamme BS3, same thing really) Not many people use this

Heart = melfi HEART, a melfi that has a better arrow rain, and inflicts bad homing and disorder on people with her other subweapon(replaces the wind arrow thing old melfi had)

Torte = Pepo Pucci Torte, an artillery bot that is classified as a support for some reason. Currently outclassed by a handheld weapon.
Back to top Go down
mildcha0s94
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:32 pm

>Lilytits = Bikini Lily, a long range, heavy homing, large AoE artillery bot released in summer of 2012

>Tao = Feng Mei Tao, a variant of an existing bot that has a single, high damage tornado and a different subweapon.

>Eve = Eve, a zero bot that can be either land or Air, depending on how it is built. Has tools that shut down meleebots.

>Heart = melfi HEART, a melfi that has a better arrow rain, and inflicts bad homing and disorder on people with her other subweapon(replaces the wind arrow thing old melfi had)

>Torte = Pepo Pucci Torte, an artillery bot that is classified as a support for some reason. Currently outclassed by a handheld weapon. (MAKE HER INTO AN ART, SO PEOPLE WILL STOP COMPLAINING)

It's funny how these bots aren't nerf.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Oh my god. Thanks for that cuz now that makes stuff so much more clearer @_@

And I thought Glanz was a nice upgrade to Elisa... Or something... That's kinda sad... I figured if all else failed with my I want Ouka then I'd make Elisa into a ..somewhat Ouka? lol.

And there's another bot that's named Eve??? WAIT WHAT. EDIT: oh the orig eve... I see.....

Suzeku BS2 x2 I think was an old build. New name for me.

Bikini Lily...?........ ..... I thought all the swimsuit girls were fanservice not legitimate arena bots.

Feng Mei I remember was kinda meh.. Gimmicky but not op... Released with Kuten..

And I just literally looked at the wiki page for the Air Academy girls. And all I could say was: oh man these were the girls that started the "stun on every air bot weap tune" known to man (I'm exaggerating but I'm seeing stun being recommended as a weap tool more often than I can expect). I can only remember stun being recommended on gatlings because of their high rate of fire...

Man I feel like such an oldie. Zero bots and the what, initum (Eris generation) are so broke that it makes me feel like alpha fags and everything we used to cry about is just a normal thing.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:18 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Man I feel like such an oldie. Zero bots and the what, initum (Eris generation) are so broke that it makes me feel like alpha fags and everything we used to cry about is just a normal thing.
They are just a normal thing now.
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:22 pm

Feng Mei got a heavy buff, the wind shield now gives CV and the wind tunnel refill half of her boost gauge (the same is applied to her allies)

And to be fair, Tao is played correctly by 2 or 3 players
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:25 pm

zerocl wrote:
Feng Mei got a heavy buff, the wind shield now gives CV and the wind tunnel refill half of her boost gauge (the same is applied to her allies)

And to be fair, Tao is played correctly by 2 or 3 players
KNEW I WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:52 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 am

@ngelicdark
I saw NovaZero playing again. He said he finally got his Connie xD.

@ngelicdark against zeroes
Gatlings work on Reshas. Pierce Gunners too. Once their shields are down, you're good to go. Just watch out for Vox-types (No Weapons/Sub Weapons) or Staff-types (those can induce Shock and can stunlock for a good while)

@ngelicdark Chibis
I still play my fully tuned chibis. Very Happy... but Art Wall Commando even before Eris/Resha.

@ngelicdark > Art Walls
Yeah, lots of them, with a few Rinkas (Outranging since her release.)\

@ngelicdark > Thoarla AM4
It still works, just needs a good core w/ good tunes. (I can still get Gamewarrior/Destroyer with it on CB-JP)

@ngelicdark > Bikini Lily
she's actually an overpowered bot. Her BD Sub Attack homes and is AoE (pushes you away too). Bikini Crimrose stuns hard, but is easily dodgable.

@ngelicdark > Feng Mei
She's used for annoyance since she can escape enemy airspace with her hurricane shooter. She comes back in again to annoy Lands/Supports from a very subtle height.

LONGSTORY SHORT.

What's your current commando anyways? got any tuned bots at least? :O
And welcome back, do enjoy your stay again *-*
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

So umm it's been like a year give or take..
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next