Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So umm it's been like a year give or take..

Go down 
+26
Midreus
Tickle
Thranduil
Raven
Kobrakai
Senior Grey
User1
rei_hunter
Koiro
zerocl
mildcha0s94
Axanael
Akhenderson
Turkeysaur
XiaoFu
Mew
fhoeng
MagicPotatoplz
Seraphcrim
Aurum_Sol
Suguri
Winty
Relict?
milk
Astral_Dono
ngelicdark
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

So umm it's been like a year give or take.. Empty
PostSubject: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 5:23 pm

What have I missed? I just popped in because of the spring sale and..a lot of things seems to have changed. Anyone mind informing me the gist of it?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 5:25 pm

Resha and Eris still dominate, alongside Haruka, Akane, and a few other bots I can't remember the names to.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 5:26 pm

hey, i remember you!
i used your guide back when i got back into cb.
it was kinda out dated but it was still very useful.
welcome back.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi! I remember looking at your guide when I was getting into CB and feeling bad about how you seemed to have suddenly disappeared. Not that we ever talked or anything.

Uh, right now it's art walls. They introduced lots of gara bots into the shop.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:02 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Resha and Eris still dominate

hotglue runs a lineup with 3 800+hp eris and loses
resha's damage output is rather sad now she's been relegated to a support role in both modes

#nerfed
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Yeah my guide's been kind of a hassle to keep reediting and stuff just so that I can keep on top of things. Not to mention all the stuff that comes out on are garapon and I don't have the guts to keep shelling out for this game anymore...

If I ever get back in this game full force I will reupdate it.

Nice to know people appreciated my work though while I was gone. Even if it's outdated heh.

I don't know these new bots btw ;~; I left I think when zero bots were like the newest thing on the block and the most op thing evar. Nice to know Hotglue and..stuff are still at it..
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Winty wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:
Resha and Eris still dominate

hotglue runs a lineup with 3 800+hp eris and loses
resha's damage output is rather sad now she's been relegated to a support role in both modes

#nerfed
accurate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:51 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Haruka, Akane
Those two can't do shit.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:54 pm

cyberstep began to fix the game. they upgraded the serverhardware and rebalanced many things. this includes nerfs on way to strong stuff (see eris, resha and others) as well as buffs to stuff that was to weak (i.e. old renny and patty among other stuff)

they still have a long way to go but the rebalancing updates get more frequent and combined with the recent shop update the game is taking major steps into the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

Male Posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:54 pm

Illumis, Homing Fagura, Monica dominate the art walls.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:15 pm

Diabolical wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:
Haruka, Akane
Those two can't do shit.

old ones are meh
justin timberlake-chan is also meh
puerto rico-chan is pretty retart
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:16 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
they still have a long way to go but the rebalancing updates get more frequent and combined with the recent shop update the game is taking major steps into the right direction.

It's great that "major steps" is pretty accurate, but it's sad how minor their major steps are when considering where they need to get.

@ngelicdark
;_; I used your guide quite a bit when I got back into CB too
Just be happy you didn't come back when Seraph FC got released. I really don't even know why I kept playing after she was released. Game was pretty much completely unplayable (I'm definitely not implying she's balanced at all now though).
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:13 pm

Lots of new bots in shop.... but you probably already know.

It would still be boring if you don't spend rt.

There is a premium with double rt, but in monthly portion. (600rt for half price... or $30 doubled, whichever direction you want to see).
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:37 pm

@fhoeng (Hey it's nice to see you're still here lol, along with sugu, winty, aurum and astral)
Nice to know that CS would love to have my soul in terms of cash. I was hoping if they actually went ahead and put decent bots in the shop (why is Katalina, Frau, Ouka, Connie, The Lopps there in the first place?? Nvm I get to have a Katy, Ouka and Connie if I actually care to have one now) that they went ahead and did other things. Like make grinding for tuning mats not such a big deal and making arena more fun. Or bots more customizable. Or something not as Rt redonk. I hated how the only way I could really tune my bots was to roll gara and sell my dupes for stuff to get anywhere fast.... Otherwise it's a million berz and haku runs for me...

@MagicPotatoplz Novazero (a close friend of mine yaay) told me about how Crim FCs are literally sh*tting all over the place. And I think I experienced it too when she first came out and forgot about it. I haven't tried arena yet (I think my bots aren't good enough for it anymore @_@ ) but I'm not looking forward to it... And to think my crim build was a semi hopping Plasma Gun Mod touter was a bad egg..

I have to get reacquainted with everything again *rubs temples* even had to read my old work to get a gist of what I used to know about this game and then drowned it out with work and dota and everything else I was playing post CB... I'm semi amazed by how much I knew about it. That and I realize I no longer have a boost run chart for it because mecha withdrew his from his imagehosting site. Should have kept it for myself when I had the chance so I knew the photo wouldn't just evaporate on me.

@Relict? Also sorry about disappearing :c Tend to do that when I lose interest in a game. It's rare I ever leave traces of "I was here" but because I loved CB and the game had a lot of issues for new players I had to leave something behind. I'm just happy it worked out to help a lot more people than I realized it would have otherwise.

Anyway I'll bite the bullet for replaying an arena round and realizing how horribly rusty I am when I can. And..for learning all of these new bots.

Hope I don't sell my soul to CS again. I liked having it for other things >.>
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:46 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Hey it's nice to see you're still here astral)
Yay, I was remembered ; ~;

Anyways, yah. Seraph FC was introduced after you left, but she's mediocre now. When she first came out, she was completely and ridiculously OP, even with people shooting railguns/bazookas at her.

I think the most devastating things now are what people mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:09 pm

Huh Resha and Eris...

From what I see on the archives they were released last year... They're still running around and being imba even despite nerfs?

Oh jeez. I guess I'll be identifying them as they rape my bots while I play... Any heads up on how to deal with them?
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:13 pm

For Eris just stand back and shoot it. If you're a melee I suggest you stay away as you probably won't beat it unless you have CV.

For Resha you can literally go in and pop her bubble and just kill her from there. Watch out for Vox though that's easy to tell when she starts to charge up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:14 pm

Vox Reshas are total pushovers now.
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:17 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
ngelicdark wrote:
Hey it's nice to see you're still here astral)
Yay, I was remembered ; ~;

Anyways, yah. Seraph FC was introduced after you left, but she's mediocre now. When she first came out, she was completely and ridiculously OP, even with people shooting railguns/bazookas at her.

I think the most devastating things now are what people mentioned above.

I can not agree that she's only "mediocre", because she completely destroys the entire point of nearly every support bit/ability when she comes and blasts a group of 10 people for 140 damage. If you play support, ngelic, be aware of FCs at all times.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:29 pm

Between the chargeup time and the short time they'll spend after attempting to flee there aren't many reasons for an FC to live past the first nova beyond "incompetent arts" or "ridiculous lagarmor".
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:47 pm

It's understandable. Don't apologize for personal choices! ;_;

Suguri wrote:
Between the chargeup time and the short time they'll spend after attempting to flee there aren't many reasons for an FC to live past the first nova beyond "incompetent arts" or "ridiculous lagarmor".

All these alpha Albas and not one of them can handle a single FC.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:50 pm

Relict? wrote:
It's understandable. Don't apologize for personal choices! ;_;

Suguri wrote:

All these alpha Albas and not one of them can handle a single FC.

maybe if they weren't alphaing and kept the fucking default head they'd do more to her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:59 pm

FCs always show up in swarms when I play supports, and when EL or Cetusion aren't in my commando. Feels bad.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 3:40 pm

I've played mainly chibis and my Melfi as support but judging from everything being said it seems like they're just food instead of decent healers.

I'll probably start up my EVEs and maybe my favorite land hoppers to see how they'll do (my Ion and Renny need some more loving). And maybe work on obtaining that ouka...Always wanted one..
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:06 pm

Chibis are actually really useful in modern day CB. Lots of matches have devolved into artwall standoffs, giving your team the range advantage in a fight like that quickly turns the tide in your favor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So umm it's been like a year give or take..   So umm it's been like a year give or take.. Empty

Back to top Go down

So umm it's been like a year give or take..
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next