Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should i give my Lios a gun?

Go down 
+3
God is a Cat Girl
Aurum_Sol
Breaker-Z
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Breaker-Z
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Breaker-Z

Male Posts : 185

Should i give my Lios a gun? Empty
PostSubject: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:22 pm

Yeah.. so... should I?
I've got some options:
Beam launcher mod
Mega beam gun(lotto cube believe it or not)
Mega lightning gun

Currently it has a buckler.
should i leave it on?
if so, how should i play it,what tunes,carts etc
if not,how should i play it anyway?

any help would be greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:34 pm

didnt look into lios much till now, but if i was going to give it a weapon, id propably use auralightning gun (if you have one that is)

but take it with a grain of salt, like i said, i didnt look into lios much yet
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Are you sure that you want to use any of those weapons on Lios, who is a melee air?
His capa is really, really limited too, and those guns on him sounds like a waste to me, since you will either lose the ability of dealing good damage with any of those guns or with his sword, if you don't lose both due to his small capa.

I'm going to use mine with broad radar and as a melee air.
Annoy lnds with those swords if I happen to fly over them, so they take longer to reach any of my team mates.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:44 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Not at all.

Just spam HURR DURR HOMING.

And, your sword.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Why the hell would you use a gun when you got a sword that shoots pretty green homing beams are your enemies?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:16 pm

The ugly thing is that they miss pretty often. It's not a male AG with a Sword.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:34 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
The ugly thing is that they miss pretty often. It's not a male AG with a Sword.

I'd say, get a Seraph or MJG, chuck a buckler and Kamui Staff on her and practise with Air melee.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:53 pm

No. Your homing blades are fine enough to last you almost the entirety of the match unless you want to randomly play tec based lios instead of melee based. (It seems odd but I have made a silly build of it that MIGHT work. I don't know, I don't have a spare lios or the materials to do these tunes.)
The only reason they don't hit all that often is because they don't home in continuously but rather one time.

They do hit rather painfully, with my lios only being at 3 tec and still managing to hit 20 damage on just about everything if the bullets hit. Although not impressive, it gets the job done by stunning targets that try to run, slowed enemies, or finishing off weakened targets.

Heck, it might be worth tuning the sword with 2 slow tunes and 1 force tune just for some extra bullet damage along with the extremely high chance of slowing down a target.

The buckler is fine, that's what I use.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:33 pm

LXE wrote:
Why the hell would you use a gun when you got a sword that shoots pretty green homing beams are your enemies?

Not because of the homing blaster tat indeed miss often but his shitty capa and tec base(unless u want to use pump gun to take advance of the str).
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:42 pm

tggt wrote:
LXE wrote:

Not because of the homing blaster tat indeed miss often but his shitty capa and tec base(unless u want to use pump gun to take advance of the str).
Now i'm wondering if you can use speed tunes on the sword to make it so those homing blades actually hit more consistantly...
Back to top Go down
Breaker-Z
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Breaker-Z

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:56 am

k thanks for the replies, but just oone question.
Is the melee tec or str based?
also, should i tune the sword for status effects(slow, stun,etc)?
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:17 am

Melee = str
Blaster = tec
If u play as melee, tune 2 or 3 slow(should be 2, save some capa for buckler or/and accel roll)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:59 am

I'd suggest 2x slow and 1x Great Grappler.
Back to top Go down
Breaker-Z
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Breaker-Z

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:43 am

cool beans.i'll tune the sword for slow,like tggt and LXE suggested.
another question.
Is there any way to tune a weapons INT down?
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:34 am

No.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:30 am

LXE wrote:

I doubt that you can get that without either killing tec, or get lower str, or give up on the buckler (or double/triple capa tune to have decent str).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:54 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
LXE wrote:

I doubt that you can get that without either killing tec, or get lower str, or give up on the buckler (or double/triple capa tune to have decent str).
It's not like the homing beams would hit oftenand do much damage anyway. I'd suggest using them to stunlock or to do just a wee bit more damage to your target. So lowering TEC is not really an issue.

Force tunes add more damage per hit than STR, and Slow tunes are always worth it if your weapon combo involves doing a lot of hits. Sacrificing a bit of STR for this won't be much of a drawback though. In fact the benefits would outweigh the drawbacks.

Hell, my MBG only as 29STR (less than my Ouka) and she has 3x Great Grappler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should i give my Lios a gun?   Should i give my Lios a gun? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should i give my Lios a gun?
Page 1 of 1