Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CBJP word of warning

Go down 
+30
FreedomFighter
udon-GE
Desu
B★RS
TaeTae
Kirishima
Segawa
Etherlight
Abolla
rei_hunter
Courius
Skulkraken
piroton
MightyPeanut
loliMaster
CapeMike
ChaosOmni
RST-00
KBTKaiser
koi
Izzy
Shin Majin
Dune
Andaros
ironpen27
Ichijo
FrozenEdge
Hyoka
Sean
NovaZero
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

Male Posts : 254

CBJP word of warning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:47 pm

While that is true Nova, we gotta remember that most of our EN users are there only because our servers are closed. When we return and servers don't go down for more than a few ours ever, most will probably rarely ever step back into CBJP, except to see how green the grass on the other side of the fence is. It is not like most of our EN guys are going to stick around to be a long term part of their community, and thus our personal records there are pretty pointless for most.

So, while it doesn't effect those EN players who fall into that category, it effects the JP players at their home server. If the points and rewards really matter to any EN player, and you are serious about being a relatively active player on JP servers as well as on EN servers, then yes, you would have some reasoning to complain if you were only left to private matches, yet... it is still better than not being able to play at all. We can't all have what we want... Garapon teaches most of us that fact quite brutally. Crying or Very sad

I suppose that next on agenda we should voice that Team Arena Rooms need to give Arena based incentives/rewards, so it is less of a deal to be stuck outside of the regular rooms. Maybe incentives based on the active # of players in the room? So, it would need to be at least an 8 v 8 (for example) to pay out full Arena incentives to the players? Does that sound like a fair enough fix?

(I think my next course of action should be to prepare a post in response to us being there, to their forums, and try to ensure a positive back-and-forth relationship between both communities. I would like for our presence there to not become reasoning for any of them to quit something they would otherwise continue to love and enjoy, or for CS to have a few sources of profit walk from their game, or cause any of our guys more issues for being there due to lack of proper communication and understanding between the two sides of any issues.)
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 7:06 pm

To put it simply,
If you don't have good internet,
Or are really laggy in the Japan servers,
You better watch your back.

The Japanese are known to make use of what they have.
And they use things pretty damn effectively.

For example:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Team Fights are more of chilling with select people than personal competition.

Whatever. I'm too angry to formulate a response and I just woke up.
Back to top Go down
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:42 am

Hmmmm, strangely enough the connections from where I am to Japan are very good, I rarely lag unless there's someone around who's lagging to hell. But then I am near a main NORAD base and they have established a high end line to Japan if I remember, thus not that much basic connection in between me and the JP servers, though there are some days when I'm laggy and I know it, such as my browser acting slow, I don't log in to CB on those days . . . (Those are usually due to computer lag, not connection lag, I've tested it. I.E. as soon as I run a defrag and optimize it clears up.)
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:28 pm

Andaros wrote:
Hmmmm, strangely enough the connections from where I am to Japan are very good, I rarely lag unless there's someone around who's lagging to hell. But then I am near a main NORAD base and they have established a high end line to Japan if I remember, thus not that much basic connection in between me and the JP servers, though there are some days when I'm laggy and I know it, such as my browser acting slow, I don't log in to CB on those days . . . (Those are usually due to computer lag, not connection lag, I've tested it. I.E. as soon as I run a defrag and optimize it clears up.)

If it's your computer that lags,
I suggest you using Fire Fox with Adblockplus,
Download and use Ccleaner once in a while,
And probably get more ram,
Unless you already have 3-4G ram
Back to top Go down
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Desu wrote:
Andaros wrote:

If it's your computer that lags,
I suggest you using Fire Fox with Adblockplus,
Download and use Ccleaner once in a while,
And probably get more ram,
Unless you already have 3-4G ram

4 GB of high end RAM, also use firefox with adblocker plus, and I use Spy Bot, my main issue is my second SLI card is down atm due to a failed fan, until I can replace it I'm running a single SLI card. Also seem to have an issue with my keyboard light flickering once in a while which indicates that I may have a grounding issue somewhere, I need to check that soon. . .
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:38 pm

you will also lag if a program on your PC actively "phones home" for updates, and then decided to update said program(s) in the middle of your play, or even notify you of update availability.

Avast anti-virus does that to me a lot, but I'm not gonna risk dropping my web-shields or disable auto-updates, as it usually only updates about 3 times a day, so it's not too much an annoyance.
Back to top Go down
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:42 pm

ChaosOmni wrote:
you will also lag if a program on your PC actively "phones home" for updates, and then decided to update said program(s) in the middle of your play, or even notify you of update availability.

Avast anti-virus does that to me a lot, but I'm not gonna risk dropping my web-shields or disable auto-updates, as it usually only updates about 3 times a day, so it's not too much an annoyance.

same, though I'm not using Avast atm, not saying what I'm using though, lol, for the firewall. I don't have any but one auto updater setup though, the rest don't have to auto update, though windows has that auto-update feature and that's turned on of course. . .
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:24 pm

Andaros wrote:
ChaosOmni wrote:

same, though I'm not using Avast atm, not saying what I'm using though, lol, for the firewall. I don't have any but one auto updater setup though, the rest don't have to auto update, though windows has that auto-update feature and that's turned on of course. . .

I have to say,
Having AVG is pretty damn reliable.
Also,
Anything related to windows and their updates should be disregarded After SP2,
Maybe 3 if its ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.
Otherwise,
You're getting a bunch of crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Desu wrote:
Andaros wrote:
ChaosOmni wrote:

I have to say,
Having AVG is pretty damn reliable.
Also,
Anything related to windows and their updates should be disregarded After SP2,
Maybe 3 if its ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.
Otherwise,
You're getting a bunch of crap.

There is a very easy solution to this.

Do what I do.

Turn off firewall, windows updates, system restore, and your antivirus.

And surprisingly, I don't get many viruses...
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:33 pm

System restore isn't that necessary either.
Unless you're an idiot an open every .exe file you find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:35 pm

Desu wrote:

It just wastes disk space
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:18 am

sunjae429 wrote:
Desu wrote:

Wastes space for my ever expanding H collection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:53 am

Desu wrote:
sunjae429 wrote:
Desu wrote:

You're actually saying that out loud as if its nothing.

Although I do not have anything H, it IS embarrassing to have people looking at my D drive. Really.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:57 am

Desu wrote:
sunjae429 wrote:
Desu wrote:

You pervert.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:20 am

sunjae429 wrote:

You're actually saying that out loud as if its nothing.

Although I do not have anything H, it IS embarrassing to have people looking at my D drive. Really.

I say things as i please,
If a person were to speak up about my language,
I'd simply ask them why they feel so offended about it.

Hyoka wrote:

You pervert.

I ♥ You too Misa~
Back to top Go down
Dune
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Dune

Male Posts : 1071

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:19 am

I think things on JP have gone too far now... as the last arena match i did my ally team sat to one side.. doing nothing.. enemy team (all 15 of them) spawn camped me and killed me over and over till the match was over... (the enemies didn't even shoot at one of my other allies.. all guns all pointed at me)...

I had no problem with JP before but this just has gone too far now.. things are too messed up there and I'm done with JP

*ragequits a server for the first time in his life*

(ノ `Д´)ノ ~┻━┻
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:44 am

Couldn't they have gone anti-Gaijin after I tried out my Ballista Shooter?
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:01 am

CS-Chan.
Do it.
NOW.
Back to top Go down
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:03 am

Desu wrote:
CS-Chan.
Do it.
NOW.

BOOM BOOM BABAY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:28 am

You made me want to make a series of explosions with CS chan and me dancing to this song at the same time ;-;
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:45 am

Dune wrote:
I think things on JP have gone too far now... as the last arena match i did my ally team sat to one side.. doing nothing.. enemy team (all 15 of them) spawn camped me and killed me over and over till the match was over... (the enemies didn't even shoot at one of my other allies.. all guns all pointed at me)...

I had no problem with JP before but this just has gone too far now.. things are too messed up there and I'm done with JP

(ノ `Д´)ノ ~┻━┻

Hence why always go for Shuffle Matches when the heat is on your ass.
If they're gonna come after you anyways, make a bot that can take damage and DEAL damage Lol.
like \/
CBJP word of warning - Page 4 Screenshot2010112213274
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:49 am

Hence the huge seizure of explosions,
Loop hole exploits,
And flashing lights.
Back to top Go down
Dune
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Dune

Male Posts : 1071

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:14 am

rei_hunter wrote:
Dune wrote:

(ノ `Д´)ノ ~┻━┻

Hence why always go for Shuffle Matches when the heat is on your ass.
If they're gonna come after you anyways, make a bot that can take damage and DEAL damage Lol.
like \/
CBJP word of warning - Page 4 Screenshot2010112213274

umm i forgot to add... it happend during a SHUFFLE arena match :<
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:40 am

so from now they going to hunt our ass Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CBJP word of warning   CBJP word of warning - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

CBJP word of warning
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next