Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nicole Malice Knight

Go down 
+4
Zwiebel Force
Trill
beccadmgirl
KidGlitch
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

Nicole Malice Knight Empty
PostSubject: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:46 pm

A friend got one, and I promised him I'd try to make a build for it. Just a few questions before I start:

Is there any degree of TEC/STR balance effect on her WB? Can I drop one of her damage stats to 0? Or will it completely destroy the build's use of Dead Phalanx? Should I be focusing on her sword or her ranged attacks?
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Duration of all wb (with the exception of Sylvia) are subjected to both str and tec stat. Dropping any of them to 0 will make the wb die really fast.

As for your 2nd question, knight as the name suggest, is more leaned towards melee. Though there is nothing wrong if you were to make a range build. Just depend on your play style and state of mind
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:54 pm

I'd suggest not going negative str, and focusing on her ranged attacks. Main weapon boost drain is very nice, but it's nonhoming tri-shot so you sort of have to play it close ranged. Fly based + accel roll seems like it'd be the best option, or boost run. I'd definately say you want HP though, she starts out flimsy. Can't say much aside from that, and a Para tune seem to work well on Perse and should work well on her too.

Edit: her core weapon and melee disable hop carts, use this to shut down hoppers. You can actually keep them pinned down with the melee/the bit once you first hit them with the dash restrict debuff. Para tuning her tri-shot would make actually catching more mobile hoppers easier too.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:57 pm

NMKs Tec&Str is balanced like this for a good reason. Iirc her selling point is the sword, so yeah. Idk about her WB's HP (hardly ever see her used), but given that she can summon it as often as she wants while WB energy is there, I'd say go balanced Tec/Str, Sword guard+sway and and focus on HP+Mobility, but of course that's just me. from her parts description she seems like one of these bots that have more than one build to use.

Pretty sure her sword causes severe booster trouble or dash restrict. One might want to focus on using that (given that you could also buy a regular nicoe if you really wanted to cause waste booster).
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Thanks, guys. I'll be posting the build shortly.

EDIT: Here it is!

Nicole Malice Knight:

Last edited by KidGlitch on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Also the hp of your wb depend on balance, and quite possibly the damage as well.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:05 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:
Also the hp of your wb depend on balance, and quite possibly the damage as well.
Pretty sure that the HP are fixed, while the damage is always calculated with the lower of the two.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Dead Phalanx is literally Nicole's meatsheild in this version. It's used to make her, like the name suggests, sort of a wall. The times I played with a partially tuned Knight, she essentially wants to play in her enemy's face assaulting them with her trishot and BD shot as much as possible so that she can pin them down for her bit and her to slice up. Because of this she needs a bit of HP though, piercing weapons rip through her flimsy HP. I can't calc her at the moment but you'll probably be able to achieve upwards of 490-520~ HP.
It's worth mentioning that Knight is the highest cost Nicole also so her death does carry a bit more weight.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Wait, what do you mean its damage is calculated with the lower of the 2? Also, the build's up.

Crap, I forgot to pump HP... just a sec. I've gotta remake it.

Anybody got a gameplay vid I can look at?
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
beccadmgirl wrote:
Pretty sure that the HP are fixed, while the damage is always calculated with the lower of the two.

Then explain why the wb HP bar on my 0 tec haku bot a thin line Shocked

Last edited by beccadmgirl on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:13 pm

This build is essentially pretty easy, just spam Eagle tunes. Her TEC/STR will be relatively balanced default. I may suggest changing the BS/AM at a minimum, they're not that great but I can understand wanting to keep the LG since it looks great on her.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Thanks. Also, will slow on her sword overrule her waste booster? If so, is that a good or bad thing? And what's the fly break before 31?
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:17 pm

It will but I believe her sword applies two debuffs, Dash Restrict and Severe Waste Booster so it's a moot point. The only thing you have to worry about is Dead Phalanx's main body shooting and overriding your sword, so point blanking them with the BD after a melee can help you keep them down with the bit out.

Edit: Didn't realize you said slow, which is still yes. The debuffs on her sword will override. The next lowest is 28, but 31 is a suggested minimum for a mobile build.

Last edited by Trill on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:17 pm

to my knowledge, not alot of debuffs stack. There are nicoles out there helping me overwrite my shock status when I fight lex resha and shock zooka.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Rule over the thumb: if a weapon is already using a debuff don't tune it for other debuffs.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Got it, thanks.

How's this?
Nicole Malice Knight:
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:45 pm

KidGlitch wrote:
Got it, thanks.

How's this?
Nicole Malice Knight:
Looks good! I'd probably take Beam Guard over Blast Guard these days, but whatever works for you.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:51 pm

I'd drop the gladiator and life tunes to maybe eagles in favor of force+para+grapid on the sword. You'd be fine with 450+ in favor of ranged tunes. Don't rely on the melee too much unless you're certain you can pin them down.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:32 pm

If I haven't stressed it enough: Para, Para, Para.

G.Rapid Beta is also very nice for her, Force helps with stun and damage. I might suggest dropping HP to ~500 in favor of Accel Roll and the rest of those weapon tunes if possible.

Edit: Hboost beta + beast is inefficient. Change it to alpha and drop it completely. Might actually suggest dropping the second too and leaving it a beta. 10 str/12 tec is plenty balanced. That alone should free up 30 capa.
Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

Male Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Spoiler:

Assuming that friend of yours is a richfag, or he's hardcore enough. And not stuck to default parts.

Personally I wouldn't stress over her weapon tunes that much, since she can't be as offensive in this meta. Para wouldn't be necessary. Just pump more HP.

But if you do want that para, just drop all those life tunes.

Of course, I'm still bad at builds, so don't take this too seriously.
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

Male Posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 12:27 am

Isn't this just like pers?
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 am

LS3 wrote:
No
Maybe.
doubtful, but I never played a fly based Perse.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 12:35 am

That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
LS3 wrote:
No
Maybe.
doubtful, but I never played a fly based Perse.

One just jumps on you and completely wrecks you with homing shots, the other has to tryhard to even be annoying with manual aim ):
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Which is which?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Knight   Nicole Malice Knight Empty

Back to top Go down

Nicole Malice Knight
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next