Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I have heard.

Go down 
+35
Thranduil
Kuzuha
Miko Miko Spark
BSusVier
Axanael
BARILLIAN
Aria
Kiraneko
JinNJuice
necrodrakath
Raven
Trill
Turkeysaur
Tryrant
Astral_Dono
Gerrion
Akhenderson
Ryuuichiro
HashiriyaR32
Koiro
MagicPotatoplz
Zwiebel Force
fhoeng
ppxeno
VeryMelon
LazyStevz
Suguri
kyarashotgun
CapeMike
zerocl
Kurt
Winty
That_Wiesel_Guy
LS3
AnTi90d
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

So I have heard. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:48 pm

Raven wrote:
Because obviously in a game that revolves around shit storms of bullets and explosions, you're going to have 360 degree unlimited vision and notice when everyone at all times gets hit by every vox.

You kind of do, it's called "knowing the map, and looking at your radar often."
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:08 am

How in the world radar is going to tell you where a Vox just went off is beyond me.

The point anyway is that if you happen to get hit by the lingering hit, you shouldn't take max damage from something that hit you for a fraction of a second. But I guess this is one of the things that's being adjusted.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:14 am

Raven wrote:
How in the world radar is going to tell you where a Vox just went off is beyond me.
It doesn't. It's supposed to show you where Resha is in terms of the map so you can position yourself better and be prepared for the worst.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:17 am

Akhenderson wrote:
Raven wrote:
It doesn't. It's supposed to show you where Resha is in terms of the map so you can position yourself better and be prepared for the worst.
How are you able to tell one LND unit from the other?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:22 am

It shows you circles, circles with lines, squares, and circles with two lines. Unless you can physically SEE the Resha, that won't help you. And if you can already SEE the Resha, you won't get hit by the lingering hitbox because you'll SEE the Vox. Which was the entire point of my minor annoyance, so I'm not sure why this is even being argued. In fact I find it amusing because you were the one who had just said it "never misses."

To reiterate: I am not the target of the Vox and I don't see who the target happened to be. So if I take that graze hit as I'm, for example, rounding a corner, it's annoying to take that full damage and still get your weapon locked. The Vox itself is pretty damn easy to dodge, for the record.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:30 am

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Akhenderson wrote:
Raven wrote:
How are you able to tell one LND unit from the other?
That's where the way you play comes in.
Spotting a Resha is not difficult on the screen because of her unique model, but obviously distinguishing her from everything on the radar is tough.
So the way you interpret all of the information presented to you, either by sound, animations, character models, you can sum up the basic summation of the opposing team.
Melee players on radar will typically be right on top or really close to your allies while gunners tend to stay at certain distances. I use this basic knowledge to generalize which bots are what based on their position, and then see if I can use graphical or audio cues to depict certain bots.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 am

You can identify certain bots pretty easily on radar. The way Eris moves when comboing is pretty distinct (especially if they're some laggy latindo that flies through their target and rubberbands repeatedly). If you see a lnd on radar standing still and aiming side to side repeatedly there's a very good chance it's a resha lining up a vox.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:36 am

Akhenderson wrote:

I just said it was a problem. I never said it's the biggest problem. Calm down.
Saying to rush a Resha down during her charge up time with Vox can be a main strategy, but if I recall, she does have super armor during the duration so even after getting to deal some damage, you're taking some damage back from the Vox.
Yes, it has huge start up time, yes you can dodge it, but it has huge benefits that can counteract these weaknesses such as the a big exploding hit box, lingering hitbox(granted, someone has to be rather distracted to get hit by the lingering hitbox of a 1 second explosion), and super armor frames during activation. Bullet Jam also lasts quite a bit of time, and since people usually run All main or All sub, gunners are usually in trouble while melee players are usually better off as they don't care about the bullet jam status.

EDIT: The only thing you really proved me wrong on is the basis of the "never misses" but other than that, the fact still stands that the vox ability is still a strong ability with big damage, big AOE and has bullet jam.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I do not believe that something being strong makes it a problem. There are such things as calculated imbalance. Resha obviously destroys this. Her INTENDED role(to me, and apparently to cyberstep as well) was a type of LND/SUP hybrid. The problems with the current iteration of resha is that while her long range supporting ability functions properly, it's backed up by far too much upfront, direct damage. Vox itself would be a lot less noticable in damage if getting hit by it didn't mean one of the people caught in the stun would be hit twice by meluc and take some 120~+ extra damage. Additionally if landing well-placed voxes were her main source of damage and meluc was a self-defense weapon, her natural durability would seem more well-placed and her scores would be less ridiculous. So no, I don't think vox is a "problem."

The general use of vox in tryhard matches is to apply bullet-lock to a target that is not a position to evade it, then apply followup damage with meluc. This would be things like airs that were stunned by arts, lands that were caught in melee stuns, etc. Throwing a raw vox at a group is relatively difficult to do without either taking a large amount of damage, or not hitting anything at all.

Yes, vox startup is not interruptable. It's not longer completely invulnerable. Current meluc again does a large amount of damage after the vox stun, which is probably why you would lose on a trade like this. But it's also completely possible to both apply damage and not get hit as long as you know where vox is coming from. Which again degrades this into "well if you don't see it you get fucked" which honestly applies to a lot of things.

Quote :
Because obviously in a game that revolves around shit storms of bullets and explosions, you're going to have 360 degree unlimited vision and notice when everyone at all times gets hit by every vox.

It's fucking huge. It's fucking loud. It's visually distinctive. You can hear both the startup, the launch, and the explosion. Do you play with sound turned off and only the center of your screen visible? again still your fault.

Keep track of high priority targets.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:43 am

Winty wrote:
Akhenderson wrote:

I just said it was a problem. I never said it's the biggest problem. Calm down.
Saying to rush a Resha down during her charge up time with Vox can be a main strategy, but if I recall, she does have super armor during the duration so even after getting to deal some damage, you're taking some damage back from the Vox.
Yes, it has huge start up time, yes you can dodge it, but it has huge benefits that can counteract these weaknesses such as the a big exploding hit box, lingering hitbox(granted, someone has to be rather distracted to get hit by the lingering hitbox of a 1 second explosion), and super armor frames during activation. Bullet Jam also lasts quite a bit of time, and since people usually run All main or All sub, gunners are usually in trouble while melee players are usually better off as they don't care about the bullet jam status.

EDIT: The only thing you really proved me wrong on is the basis of the "never misses" but other than that, the fact still stands that the vox ability is still a strong ability with big damage, big AOE and has bullet jam.

more stuff
You have a really good point there I must say.
I can't really say anything that would really regard your statement otherwise.
I also completely forgot that Resha also had ending lag at the end of her Vox which makes it a little more unsafe.
Back to top Go down
JinNJuice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JinNJuice

Male Posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:48 am

Akhenderson wrote:
Spotting a Resha is not difficult on the screen because of her unique model,

>blonde
>moe
>editable
>small

You can easily mistake this moe and other blonde moes with other blonde moes.
Back to top Go down
Kiraneko
Kiraneko

Female Posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:54 am

JinNJuice wrote:
Akhenderson wrote:
Spotting a Resha is not difficult on the screen because of her unique model,

>blonde
>moe
>editable
>small

You can easily mistake this moe and other blonde moes with other blonde moes.

is there any other moe that spews white light that splits multiple white lights of doom?
is there any other moe that spews white light that splits multiple white lights of doom and has a flashy yellow bubble around her?
is there any other moe that spews white light that splits multiple white lights of doom and has a flashy yellow bubble around her and charging a spear of light that hits your ass for 70-100 damage and gives bullet jam?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:05 am

You guys act like I run/fly headfirst into Vox aftermath. I can't see what happens behind me or through a wall, so it's not like it's completely unheard of for it to happen. I'm not even saying it's a common occurrence, I just said it was an annoyance.

I actually don't play with sound, or I have it very low; so I guess it's my fault for being a casual in a game full of faggots.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:07 am

^ try to at least play with sound effects, not music; chants before nuke weapons such as Vox or Seraph Nova are often heard once you're in effective target range for them giving you ample time to actually try and evade it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:09 am

You don't even know what you're talking about, do you?
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:14 am

>vox charging sound effect
>seraph nova chanting sound effect
>can't be used to dodge them shits

lol
u deaf or sumthin?

So I have heard. - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRdhAhZnad30kA7pZF5NW_b3HURfr66rfyhCD2pkSO0RlWeeoR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:24 am

How about taking into account the fact that Vox lingers for a split second after the visual effect subsides?
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:26 am

That ignores the possibility that you TOTALLY DID NOT SEE IT BLOWING UP in that location or you may have been warping into said location to even get hit by the residual damage/effect.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:30 am

Diabolical wrote:
How about taking into account the fact that Vox lingers for a split second after the visual effect subsides?

once again, this is what they are changing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:33 am

Ryuuichiro wrote:
That ignores the possibility that you TOTALLY DID NOT SEE IT BLOWING UP in that location
You just proved Raven's point, gg.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:38 am

Winty wrote:
Diabolical wrote:

once again, this is what they are changing.
Seen this with the dreaded Google Translator on.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:51 am

Two extra added "nerfs":
-Lucca Decho's pursuit bits have visible HP and display as stars on radar
-Diana can't ride vehicles

Also there were several exceptions made to the stunlock nerf (i.e. these weapons are still allowed to stunlock):
-Dracken's "Dracken Tackle"
-Fia's "Flame Star" (is that the main weapon?)
-Melfi's "Arrow Rain"
-Thoarla Nyx's "Nyx Kick"
-Gaderoga LG2's "Spin Tackle"
-Arteris LG's "Tongfa Kick"

Trying to find reports about exact specifications on Meluc force/EX-Blade ammo.

---------------

Vox Resha's Meluc's force has been lowered 18 → 13
Vainic Resha's has dropped 12→ 7
EX-Blade Revive has 5 ammo

Meluc needed more damage nerfs than that.
EX-Blade Revive I'm fine with.

---------------

There's a "Gold Veil"(unofficial name) status that appears once you've hit the stunlock threshold:

Spoiler:

The fact that it activated on a training arena dummy before a 40str Eris could kill it seems like a pretty good sign to me :3c
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:03 am

Suguri wrote:
Two extra added "nerfs":
-Lucca Decho's pursuit bits have visible HP and display as stars on radar
-Diana can't ride vehicles

Also there were several exceptions made to the stunlock nerf (i.e. these weapons are still allowed to stunlock):
-Dracken's "Dracken Tackle"
-Fia's "Flame Star" (is that the main weapon?)
-Melfi's "Arrow Rain"
-Thoarla Nyx's "Nyx Kick"
-Gaderoga LG2's "Spin Tackle"
-Arteris LG's "Tongfa Kick"

Trying to find reports about exact specifications on Meluc force/EX-Blade ammo.

---------------

Vox Resha's Meluc's force has been lowered 18 → 13
Vainic Resha's has dropped 12→ 7
EX-Blade Revive has 5 ammo

Meluc needed more damage nerfs than that.
EX-Blade Revive I'm fine with.

---------------

There's a "Gold Veil"(unofficial name) status that appears once you've hit the stunlock threshold:

Spoiler:

The fact that it activated on a training arena dummy before a 40str Eris could kill it seems like a pretty good sign to me :3c

Ogod I am literally fapping to this, it's just so fucking beautiful, I am crying tears right about friggin nao ;w;.

Now if only they could fix gara rates, this game would be perfect. Although, that'll never happen, so I'll be satisfied w/ these nerfs, again, they're so friggin b00tiful.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:04 am

Gold Veil lasts for 5 seconds, presumably refreshes if there's continued stun but that's just speculation.

Amot Vainic can't be reapplied on a target for 20 seconds after it breaks (for both self-vainic and teammate vainic).

Last edited by Suguri on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BARILLIAN
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:07 am

Tongfa Kick is Artilus LG, not Arteris LG. Too bad it doesn't do enough knockback to be useful.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:12 am

Suguri wrote:
Gold Veil lasts for 5 seconds, presumably refreshes if there's continued stun but that's just speculation.

Amot Vainic can't be reapplied on a target for 20 seconds after it breaks (for both self-vainic and teammate vainic).

Lots of gaybots were removed from the beginner ruleset banlist...this might've ruined the update for me.

Did they unban Accel Saber yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

So I have heard.
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next