Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I have heard.

Go down 
+35
Thranduil
Kuzuha
Miko Miko Spark
BSusVier
Axanael
BARILLIAN
Aria
Kiraneko
JinNJuice
necrodrakath
Raven
Trill
Turkeysaur
Tryrant
Astral_Dono
Gerrion
Akhenderson
Ryuuichiro
HashiriyaR32
Koiro
MagicPotatoplz
Zwiebel Force
fhoeng
ppxeno
VeryMelon
LazyStevz
Suguri
kyarashotgun
CapeMike
zerocl
Kurt
Winty
That_Wiesel_Guy
LS3
AnTi90d
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

So I have heard. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:04 pm

lel.
nao aftur, 2/28 can i playz cow priest and not be total fegget?
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Ryuuichiro wrote:
lel.
The answer is obviously no.
Anyways, glad that they're actually saying "Hey, if these nerfs don't work, we'll nerf them more!"
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Depends on what degree they changed everything to.

I'm thinking they probably dropped Meluc to 12 force which should mean a damage ceiling of about 3~3.5k, but I have no idea how they're approaching vainic cooldown. If it's something like "cooldown doesn't start until vainic breaks" meaning a full 30 seconds between bubbles then she loses double bubble insurance, but she still has a ridiculous advantage over other bots just by having vainic.

I think at most all it means is she won't be the most ridiculous bot anymore, but I don't see it bringing her down to equal footing with other things. Vox needs a force nerf and vainic needs stun resist/clearance stripped before she can be balanced.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:16 pm

HashiriyaR32 wrote:
But Resha's personal shield doesn't have a lock-on scratch

That's because they're talking about the shield she can cast on allies.
I thought they meant "both" as in "both AV mainweapons" ö.ö

Nevermind, Suguri just said what I was wondering about to.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:33 pm

A lot has been told while i was away, it seems.

Maybe now i can play Resha without OP screams around.

(...and i even haven't fully tuned her up yet.)
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Gerrion wrote:
A lot has been told while i was away, it seems.

Maybe now i can play Resha without OP screams around.

(...and i even haven't fully tuned her up yet.)
Akhenderson wrote:
Ryuuichiro wrote:
lel.
The answer is obviously no.
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:05 pm

unless meluc gets a HUGE drop in force, which I doubt, and you don't use vox at all, no.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Sure, if you put a Dragon Fang on her.
Back to top Go down
Tryrant
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tryrant

Male Posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Calling this now after not posting for months, the resha/eris/-insert fag bot here- users that can't play any other bots instantly quit and the server dies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:52 pm

GOOD
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:54 pm

Tryrant wrote:
Calling this now after not posting for months, the resha/eris/-insert fag bot here- users that can't play any other bots instantly quit and the server dies.
they're bad at the game, so they'll find the next easiest thing to use so they don't have to think as hard.
Back to top Go down
Tryrant
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tryrant

Male Posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:56 pm

Quote :
they're bad at the game, so they'll find the next easiest thing to use so they don't have to think as hard.

The wrath of Seraphs part 2?
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Next few things to balance would be alphas in general and some moes sporting L-tier weaponry in a small frame (Mialy, Illumis, most melee moes, EVE, Tao, Monica,...).
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:13 pm

it amuses me when people think vox is an actual problem on resha.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:23 pm

Winty wrote:
The existence of bullet jam on a high force weapon that almost never misses with huge AOE is obviously a problem.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:37 pm

The bigger problem are brown bubbles on other people who are already horrible enough without a shield.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Akhenderson wrote:
Winty wrote:
The existence of bullet jam on a high force weapon that almost never misses with huge AOE is obviously a problem.

In a 1v1 vox is pretty much useless

it sort of starts to show it's strength when you vox an entire group and all your team can do is sit there and dance around like bums until the debuff wears off.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Trill wrote:
Akhenderson wrote:
Winty wrote:

In a 1v1 vox is pretty much useless

it sort of starts to show it's strength when you vox an entire group and all your team can do is sit there and dance around like bums until the debuff wears off.
in an arena type game where there are the potential for 7v7 to 15v15 to 30v30 arena matches, going head to to head against a Resha 1v1 without interruption is a rare occurrence.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:03 pm

It doesn't help when one of your teammates gets hit by it and you don't notice, happen to walk into the last .5 seconds of it, take 70 damage and lose your weapon for about 5 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:11 pm

Akhenderson wrote:
Winty wrote:

Sorry.
You seem to be ignorant. This is a common problem with people in this game so I forgive you for it. However I can't forgive you for being ignorant and then voicing your opinion as if you know shit about fuck.

What you have listed are only the positives to a thing(and even here you exaggerate them.) Are you a car salesman irl? Or perhaps you work in some other marketing position?

Let me break this down for you:
1. I have 8 Reshas so I know what I'm talking about.
2. I'm better at this game than you, so I know what I'm talking about .
3. I'm better at playing resha than most of the retards who have her, so I know what I'm talking about.
4. I've been playing this game for 19 years, so I know what I'm talking about.

Now that you know why I know what I'm talking about and I'm not an ignorant fool spouting bullshit(like you are doing here) I'll go over vox and tell you why you are wrong.

1. Saying "almost never misses" is stupid. Vox's homing has a number of problems, including get stuck on terrain, exploding on teammates, locking in to the wrong thing, getting canceled by other projectiles(wow!), and having a rather long startup during which someone can be at a 90 degree angle to where they were when you first pressed the button.

IF YOU ARE GETTING HIT BY VOX THAT MUCH IT IS PROBABLY YOUR PROBLEM.
IF YOUR TEAM IS GETTING WRECKED BY VOX EITHER YOUR TEAM IS BAD(they are standing in tunnels which makes them a very easy target for vox[and a bunch of other AOE weapons so why are you grouping in tunnels, are you casuals?] or standing under powerspots, or standing around rones or whatever the fuck else people group up to circlejerk over instead of RUSHING THAT SHIT DOWN like they should be doing) or the person is using their voxes extremely well.

2. As I previously mentioned, vox has a rather large startup time. Additionally, Resha is completely immobile during this. Which means you have 2 full seconds where she stands still doing NOTHING AT ALL where you can shoot the fuck out of her. You'll probably bring up "oh no she has a shield"(ignorant people love to say this.) Let me tell you this: Things die when you shoot them. Yes, even reshas. Yes, even shields. I know this is hard for ignorant motherfuckers(like you) to understand, but if 3 people shoot at a resha during this period, you can do a shitton of damage to her. Hell, you might even kill her. 5 people jumping on her during this time will probably kill her. Are you not taking advantage of this? Do you have BRAIN PROBLEMS?

3. Limited ammo, cooldowns, etc

THE MAJORITY OF RESHA'S DAMAGE COMES FROM MELUC.
Vox is a long range, supportive ability that has a high risk, and a high reward.
IF YOU FUCKING SAY IT KILLS RETARDS I WILL FIND WHERE YOU LIVE, CAPTURE ALL YOUR PETS, AND EXPRESS MAIL THEM TO MY KOREAN FRIEND SO HE CAN HAVE THEM FOR DINNER. THIS IS NOT A FUCKING VALID ARGUEMENT FOR FUCKING ANYTHING, EVER. You know what else kills retards? A 40 tec alia hopper. You know what else kills retards? A 20 fly HD crimrose with accel roll and a PBC. You know what else kills retards? NEARLY ANYTHING EVER.

if resha is so easy why do only like 3 people with them play her as well as I do
if you are voxed from max range get out of range
if you are voxed from short range get behind her, or at a 90 degree angle to where you were before.
stop bitching about shit that doesn't need to bitched about. "baw this weapon is more effective than a handgun it must be op" i don't give a fuck you fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck i am mad.

ps we should play melty together sometime

Quote :
It doesn't help when one of your teammates gets hit by it and you don't notice, happen to walk into the last .5 seconds of it, take 70 damage and lose your weapon for about 5 seconds.

I think the main thing I need to bold here is the fact that YOU didn't notice and YOU walked into it. Man I hate it when I don't notice someone shot something at me and I get hit by it. Fucking fagbots!

ps this is what they are changing
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Winty wrote:
I've been playing this game for 19 years, so I know what I'm talking about.
For some reason I thought you were 21 or something.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:15 pm

I'm 13/f/taiwan
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:17 pm

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Winty wrote:
Akhenderson wrote:
Winty wrote:

stuff
ps we should play melty together sometime

Quote :

I think the main thing I need to bold here is the fact that YOU didn't notice and YOU walked into it. Man I hate it when I don't notice someone shot something at me and I get hit by it. Fucking fagbots!

ps this is what they are changing
I just said it was a problem. I never said it's the biggest problem. Calm down.
Saying to rush a Resha down during her charge up time with Vox can be a main strategy, but if I recall, she does have super armor during the duration so even after getting to deal some damage, you're taking some damage back from the Vox.
Yes, it has huge start up time, yes you can dodge it, but it has huge benefits that can counteract these weaknesses such as the a big exploding hit box, lingering hitbox(granted, someone has to be rather distracted to get hit by the lingering hitbox of a 1 second explosion), and super armor frames during activation. Bullet Jam also lasts quite a bit of time, and since people usually run All main or All sub, gunners are usually in trouble while melee players are usually better off as they don't care about the bullet jam status.
by the way, treating me like an ignorant fool is a rather crude thing of you to do as well. Instead of just coming along saying all the negative aspects of Resha in a polite manner, you start raging at me at a first moment's notice.

And yes, I would like to play Melty sometime.

Also on the note of being hit by the lingering hitbox of vox, that's just either poor positioning, poor movement, or just flat out not paying attention to surroundings.

EDIT: The only thing you really proved me wrong on is the basis of the "never misses" but other than that, the fact still stands that the vox ability is still a strong ability with big damage, big AOE and has bullet jam.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Because obviously in a game that revolves around shit storms of bullets and explosions, you're going to have 360 degree unlimited vision and notice when everyone at all times gets hit by every vox.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I have heard.   So I have heard. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

So I have heard.
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next