Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handfull of questions that need to be answered.

Go down 
+2
Suguri
PseudoOlale
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PseudoOlale
Newcomer
Newcomer

Handfull of questions that need to be answered. Empty
PostSubject: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:08 am

So I was thinking, of buying some RT. Just 200 RT.
What should I spend that On, I got 2 Strong Artillery bots, Amateus and Destructor girl, Amateus being a build in development and Destructor Girl has no extra weapons, just a rocket launcher.I was thinking, should I use said money to get a new robot that would replace destructor girl, a better build for Amateus that is not 100% UC or even follow the suggestion you will/have posted in this topic.

Secondly, Let's say I bought Sturbanger.Should I replace him with Destructor Girl and get a full RT build for him, Is he worth buying?

Third, why is it that Melee bots are so hard to run from/kill whether you're Art or even Air.I've been asking most of my friends to play Cosmic Break with me but each of them rage quit because of Melee(Land) bots.Is there a way to avoid them easily or even kill them easily.

Fourth, are there any tips for a new comer in this game like what should I spend my UC on,How should I approach enemies as Art, how to how Polygon edit is like, what should I do to get loads of parts, just list all of the things that you might find useful for me

Lastly, Please tell me what Art Bot's I should probably get other than Sturbanger and list their RT and UC builds or even your builds.Thanks.

PS. I am strictly going 100% ART for my Union War/Mission Robot team.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:12 am

If you're going for ART, Victorl I-SR is easily the best ART in the game and is even in the shop for your convenience. I've got builds in the "Useful non-gara resources" thread.

Don't buy Sturbanger. Horrible, horrible bot.

Lots of melee players are laggy foreigners that are a lot closer than they appear to be due to high ping.

ARTs should typically play defensively and take whatever high ground is available so melees can't easily get to you.
Back to top Go down
PseudoOlale
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:14 am

Alright I'll check that thread out.

Also another thing, Should I aim for M or L sized bots, because I also want easy maneuverability.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:30 am

Well I used to like Destructor Girl, but Destructor can get higher stats with a larger weapon movepool.
If you must use DG, replace Rocket Launcher, which only LNDs should use, with handy bazooka or blast bazooka.

Amateus can roll with alpha (2 greinaut AMs and 2 handies) tuned ballistic launcher, tuned bazooka. Pump bazooka is amazing, but it is unlikely you can roll one with 200 rt.

Sturbanger will require massive tuning to be remotely viable.

Well, LNDs are fastest on LND. Some even have Boost Run. As an ART, a good rule of thumb is to go with 31 or more FLY plus Accel Roll. Exceptions include some railgunners who typically also have Boost Run.

Tips:
  • Avoid LNDs as an ART unless they're distracted or can't reach you. Try to always be on the high ground.
  • Tune. You have to do it. Unless if you like feeding.
  • Roll Super UC Garapon for 3 slotted parts :v

Dig around for those builds. Or post them and we will try to help. There's a build calculator stickyed in the Guides section.

I'll post more later. I'm typing on a phone in complete darkness. No wonder I'm damned with glasses.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:31 am

First of all, I'd honestly advise against charging rt, you are just wanting some shop rt bots, you can get them with just UC->RT instead. Trust me when I say that you will inevitably regret your rt spending decisions few months down the line once you have a better understanding of the game, so the longer you hold out on charging rt, the better it will be for you.

And to answer your questions:

1. There are, IMHO, only two real viable non-gara builds for an amateus, one being alpha Ama with 2x Greinaut AM + 2x Handy Baz/Baz, other being a Ballistic Launcher ama, both are really good builds. Destructor Girl on the other hand... is kinda crap. Spamming core anti-air missiles is about all she's good for as there really aren't any good S-Art weapons aside from Pump Bazooka, and even that is a weapon more suited for Amateus. So honestly? Forget about DG.

2. Sturbanger is pretty useless, don't bother. They take a lot of tunes, experience and luck to do remotely well with.

3. You cant expect yourself to outrun most melees as they come with decent WLK and gets WLK-bonus for being a LND-type, however, there are various ways to make yourself less vulnerable to them: Stay on higher ground, stay aware of your surrounding, acquire high FLY (31 recommended), acquire Accel Roll, have Broad Radar.

4. Too much to sum up here TBH, maybe another thread? But few important points: Don't stray too far from your team; mobility is your most important stats; higher ground is your friend, it provides you with immunity to melee AND gives you an advantage against Air, or rather, it reduces their altitude advantage, which is IMHO the most important thing when fighting air; keep your eyes on the game, that being the sky, don't waste too much bullets and attention on shitty right click harder melee fucks; keep moving; para-tune is your friend. These are all the things I can think of off the top of my head.

5. In terms of non-gara art builds, the only other good candidate would be a Large Bazooka Destructor, but he requires a lot of tuning before he can truly be effective.

---

EDIT: woops totally forgot about Victorl, yeah eh, if you can afford one, just use him for Ballistic Launcher or Large Bazooka builds.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:42 am

reV is pretty right about what he said about spending money, etc, etc - but I still think it's worth mentioning that the chances of receiving high tier prices in the Gashapon are better for users with a Rank below 12 or such. If you're the type of player who charges only a few bucks once in a blue moon, you should prolly stick to stuff like slot protectors, or harmonics. They make everything easier $_$

More important things:

Do not stick to a single type of units. You'll never know what your opponents are going o use once they've lost their current bot - probably something the majority of your team is weak against!

Listen to your team mates. Don't ignre their radio calls unless they're spaming them (in that case you type: ctrl+s, /ignore, username to instantly add them to your ignore list and get rid of them). I've lost a lot of matches, simply because nobody came to protect the base, etc, etc.

Consider the usefulness of your enemies and your teammates. Don't get distracted from protecting high priority targets among your comrades. In example Lala Ricotte: she can hardly fight, heck she's not even good for tree farming, but her Live Show buff can be game breaking if the pilot knows where to use it. On the other hand you dont want her to perform if shes in the red team, in that case try to take her down first, but remember that the rest of her team will try to protect her and will be under various status effects.

If youre not a SUP, don't farm trees at the start if the game. I see this happening a lot in the lower rooms: after the game starts, people start farming items/WB gauge instead of building up an effective defenseline. This is lethal on some maps (in example Dull Road).

Speaking of supporters: never underestimate disruptive units. Even if they cant take you down on their own, they can seriously fuck you up (as an ART player you want to avoid Melfi HEART's EMC Arrows, Pulsardio's Dio Missiles and Nicole Malice and Persenachia's Waste Booster - everybody wants to avoid Squidol Girl's Slow effect).

Even if you don't use it: check the Garapon. The most recent bots usually show up here first. Check the parts, the stats, etc, etc. This is the easiest way to know what you're fighting with - or against.

Make sure you don't take items somebody else could need: you got full HP? Share the repair kit with sombeody who got hurt. you got an unneeded Shell Supply? Give it to someone with low ammo weapons/someone with a repair gun (Mefi, Mediger AM2 users, etc).

Oh and about your friends ragequit: do team fights. They're fun and you can simply ban bots you don't like. You could also do some Bastagant runs (the bosses give nice EXP and items), or even Arcantus. Missions are fun to (you didn't play CosmicBreak until you did Gigandroff Busters Extreme <3).
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:56 am

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Do not stick to a single type of units. You'll never know what your opponents are going o use once they've lost their current bot - probably something the majority of your team is weak against!
This I disagree with. Despite the approach people typically take to it, CosmicBreak is a team game. When you've got 14 other people on your team there's not a whole lot of point in covering multiple bot types. If you were one of your team's only arts and you die, then your team's free to get wrecked by airs. If you were your team's only healer and you only had one SUP in your commando, that may have just blown the game for your team too. Specializing is good not only because it gives you a reliable role in your team, but also because you'll be using what you're most proficient at the entire time instead of forcing yourself into roles you're not good at just because you feel like you need diversity.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:03 am

Besides, it's not a 1v1, there are always room for you to make yourself useful on the battlefield regardless of what type you use... except melee, because they are permanently shit and fucking useless.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:13 am

reVelske wrote:
Besides, it's not a 1v1, there are always room for you to make yourself useful on the battlefield regardless of what type you use... except melee, because they are permanently shit and fucking useless.
Despite this, some melee bots are fun to use. Take the Beetlander HD for example.
Back to top Go down
PseudoOlale
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:03 pm

Thanks for the tips.Maybe you all can redirect me to some useful threads.

Quote :
First of all, I'd honestly advise against charging rt, you are just wanting some shop rt bots, you can get them with just UC->RT instead

So I have 50k UC, should I change all of that into RT.I also have tonnes of +30% UC gain tickets.
I am currently rank 7 .... still no access to bazaar.I got hold of a Victorl and a Ballistic Launcher Amateus build from Suguri.

Victorl I-SR

Spoiler:

Amateus

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:26 pm

You're going to need a lot more than 50k UC. Go ahead and use those tickets when you're in arena and you're playing on maps you like/do well on, I suppose.

Each month you can purchase 50 rt with UC.

Victorl costs 100 RT, Amateus costs 50 RT.

It'll take 3 months, then, to acquire both.

The rate starts off as 700 UC for 1 RT and then changes to 1400 UC for 1 RT once you've bought 10 RT and so on.

7000 + 14000 + 21000 + 28000 + 35000 = 105000 UC.

You'll need to convert 315000 UC into 150 RT over the course of 3 months. It's not as daunting as it looks.

Back to top Go down
PseudoOlale
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Relict? wrote:
You're going to need a lot more than 50k UC. Go ahead and use those tickets when you're in arena and you're playing on maps you like/do well on, I suppose.

Each month you can purchase 50 rt with UC.

Victorl costs 100 RT, Amateus costs 50 RT.

It'll take 3 months, then, to acquire both.

The rate starts off as 700 UC for 1 RT and then changes to 1400 UC for 1 RT once you've bought 10 RT and so on.

7000 + 14000 + 21000 + 28000 + 35000 = 105000 UC.

You'll need to convert 315000 UC into 150 RT over the course of 3 months. It's not as daunting as it looks.

\

But I already have Amateus and currently RT merchandise is 20% off that means Victorl is 80RT now. Calculate that?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:01 pm

Do you have RT right now?

The sale only lasts until 8/23, so if you do not currently have 30 RT on your account, you'd have to buy it at the full price of 100 RT since UC->RT resets tomorrow.

80 RT would be 147000 UC total. 100 RT would be 210000 UC.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm not sure where yu live, etc, etc, but if I were you, I'd grab all the free Rt and charge 3 bucks via mobile.

BTW: you'll also get a few Rt from the SP Beginner cubes. They also award you with a bunch of UC. Make sure you open both of them before they expire.
Back to top Go down
PseudoOlale
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:12 pm

I just got 36 RT , so i think im clear to go, ill get another 50k tomorrow.

and yeah, im currently doing the Beginner cubes for uc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handfull of questions that need to be answered.   Handfull of questions that need to be answered. Empty

Back to top Go down

Handfull of questions that need to be answered.
Page 1 of 1