Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie questions answered!

Go down 
+12
TerraChika
simple1ne
Disasteroid
Z741
cheongzewei
Rapster
MightyPeanut
Hyoka
shinigami
utok
Ropalx
suzuru
16 posters
AuthorMessage
suzuru

Female Posts : 54

Newbie questions answered! Empty
PostSubject: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 3:59 am

Hello. I started playing Cosmic Break 5 days ago and questions starts to pile up as I play. I have searched for information on search engines but some answers I cannot find. If possible, may anyone please help answer my questions?

1. I just got my seraph today and I am curious on what is the preferred custom cartilage modification for Seraph Crimrose?
koi wrote:
I'd recommend the following build for Seraph:

Cartridges:
Raise cost x7 (+45 capa each)
Quick boost (boost gauge regenerates 30% faster)
Beam guard (-25% from beam weapons)
Sword Guard (-30% from melee weapons)
+ custom cartridge Air loop (barrel roll dash)
2. What modifications are considered necessary for a Winberrl who uses repair bits? So far I have upgraded 4 increase capacity and 1 increase hp for wonder bit.
MightyPeanut wrote:
You'll want to increase her general survivability so get the damage reduction cartridges (Blast,Beam,Sword but not Shell because its useless). A dead Winb will not be healing anyone.
3. Which arena mode gives the most UC & exp? The most UC & exp I managed to receive in a round is in a epoch battle.
Ropalx wrote:
Its completly dependant on your end rank after the matches ends, but if you mean if you, for example, always ended on the top 10, epoch is the best arena mode, otherwise, i guess 30vs30 players shuffle matches.
4. Which quest and settings gives the most exp? Is there any quests that gives higher exp than Haku's final on 3 stars? (nearly 7k exp)
Hyoka wrote:
Try Berzelius. Pure EXP compared to Haku.
5. What does the results actually mean? I frequently receive Best Jammer but I only use Winberrl, Crimrose, or Lily.
Ropalx, Utok, & MightyPeanut wrote:
The game warrior : Most damage.
Destroyer: Most frags
Sword master: Most melee damage
Great fighting spirit: Most damage at low health
Best supporter: Most support points. (healing, buffing, etc...)
Best Jammer: Most stuns/movement impairments caused. Reason why you get it mostly with arty types and winberrl.
Leadership: Most Contribution. Contribution is calculated by how long the enemy has locked onto you. ie. If you run into the enemy base and the whole team locks onto you and you manage to survive for really long, you'll get a tonne of contribution.
Last Attacker: The last person to do damage in the match, basically, the last frag obtained.
6. Where do one find Hydra and Fudara cosmos for Packet's quest?
MightyPeanut wrote:
Farm them in quest mode on unexplored Arcantus
7. What missions or quests drop rare items? (ie. Haku quest gave Kamui staff)
Hyoka wrote:
Boss quest drops:

Stardust Cannon (obtainable from Berzelius runs on one-star regen difficulty or harder)
Damascus Knife (obtainable from Berzelius runs on one-star regen difficulty or harder)
Beam Machinegun (obtainable from Fractulus runs on one-star regen difficulty or harder)
All of the Demonfox Haku staves:
Kamui Staff (coolest of them all, hardest to obtain, three-star difficulty or harder)
Blank Staff (gives extra HP to wielder, One-star difficulty or harder)
Homura Staff (homing projectiles, Two-star difficulty or harder)
Also, the Tenko mask from Three-star (maybe two star as well) runs. It's an accessory.
I think the C.S Rod should get a mention here, it comes from the C.S chan fight on two-star difficulty or higher, but we can't fight C.S-chan anymore for some strange reason...

Quest mode drops:
Red Squealer BD/AM/LG/HD
Elme S BD/BS/AM/LG/HD
A. Maid BD/BS/AM/LG/HD
Blocky BD (from Blocky's)
Ghostree BD
Grandom BS (from Grandoms)
Snow Vulture BS (from Snow Vultures)
Vulture BS (from Vultures)
Ice Vulture BS (from Ice Vultures)
Eight Vulcan
Handy Bazooka
Large Bazooka
Titan Bazooka
Morning Star
Several Accessories

Other:
Device Breaker (Fractulus runs, arena matches)
Custom shotgun (Fractulus runs, arena matches)
Rocket Launcher (Quest and Arena) [note: this is available in the shop in the JP version for UC]

There's also a few more:

Penta-Ray Rod (Air only, S-size, requires lock-on and fires 5 consecutive laser shots, 450 ammo , 10 force, 285 "rate", 270 range, 1400 interval, Beam-type damage, 110 cost, +1 TEC -1 WLK -1 FLY)

Ballistic Launcher (Art only, 200 cost, L size, 25 force 200 ammo 320 range 260 speed 1200 interval, -2 TEC -1 WLK -2 FLY +1 TGH)

aaaaaaaaand a bunch of accessories but I don't remember which.

EDIT:

Epoch Battle Accessory drop list:

Big Green Ribbon
Red Hair Scarf
Bloody 13 mask
Intelli Green
Calico Cat Ears (I think it's called Calico in the english version)
8. Lastly, what is this?!

Ropalx wrote:
More than likely, a GM having fun with the players.

Last edited by suzuru on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:27 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ropalx

Male Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:17 am

Cant answer most questions but, i guess i can "mention" whatever i have seen, which mind you, might be completly blatant stupidity.

3rd. Its completly dependant on your end rank after the matches ends, but if you mean if you, for example, always ended on the top 10, epoch is the best arena mode, otherwise, i guess 30vs30 players shuffle matches.

5th. The game warrior : Most damage.
Great fighting spirit: no idea.
Best Jammer: Most stuns/movement impairments caused. Reason why you get it mostly with arty types and winberrl.
Leadership: I am starting to think this thing is randomly given <.<
Last Attacker: The last person to do damage in the match, basicly, the last frag obtained.

6th. i will dare say blatant luck on unexplored planet arcantus, or mishuns.

7th. The exploration quests drop mob sets, eigth vulcan (in batshit insane amounts), titan vulcans, alot of tune materials amongst other things. And mishuns tend to drop 2-3 slotted items you usually buy on the shop, +couple special items.

8th. More than likely, a GM having fun with the players.

On the other hand if i dare ask, how did you get more mates on the quests thingy? That girl packet i mean.
Back to top Go down
suzuru

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:25 am

Ropalx wrote:
On the other hand if i dare ask, how did you get more mates on the quests thingy? That girl packet i mean.

I bought packet in the shop in the mates section.
Back to top Go down
Ropalx

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:29 am

suzuru wrote:
Ropalx wrote:

I bought packet in the shop in the mates section.

/facepalm, i fail to epic proportions, thanks Smile.
Back to top Go down
utok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
utok

Male Posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 5:51 am

Ropalx wrote:
Cant answer most questions but, i guess i can "mention" whatever i have seen, which mind you, might be completly blatant stupidity.

3rd. Its completly dependant on your end rank after the matches ends, but if you mean if you, for example, always ended on the top 10, epoch is the best arena mode, otherwise, i guess 30vs30 players shuffle matches.

5th. The game warrior : Most damage.
Great fighting spirit: no idea.
Leadership: I am starting to think this thing is randomly given <.<
Last Attacker: The last person to do damage in the match, basicly, the last frag obtained.

6th. i will dare say blatant luck on unexplored planet arcantus, or mishuns.

7th. The exploration quests drop mob sets, eigth vulcan (in batshit insane amounts), titan vulcans, alot of tune materials amongst other things. And mishuns tend to drop 2-3 slotted items you usually buy on the shop, +couple special items.

8th. More than likely, a GM having fun with the players.

Great Fighthing Spirit -> Most damage at low health
Leadership -> Most Contrib

Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 6:33 am

suzuru wrote:
4. Which quest and settings gives the most exp? Is there any quests that gives higher exp than Haku's final on 3 stars? (nearly 7k exp)
Spoiler:

Oh god what name is this mission?- -

I can conclude that im newer than you after asking this Exclamation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found out this ain't a mission clown
Back to top Go down
suzuru

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:20 am

shinigami wrote:
suzuru wrote:
Spoiler:

Oh god what name is this mission?- -

I can conclude that im newer than you after asking this Exclamation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found out this ain't a mission clown

It's the Final Battle Demonfox Haku. Seems to give more exp than Berzelius. However, I am not sure if it gives that much exp normally as I still have my beginner pass.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:30 am

Try Berzelius. Pure EXP compared to Haku.
Back to top Go down
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

Male Posts : 289

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:49 am

2> You'll want to increase her general survivability so get the damage reduction cartridges (Blast,Beam,Sword but not Shell because its useless). A dead Winb will not be healing anyone

5> Adding on to one of the previous posts, Leadership is most contribution. Contribution is calculated by how long the enemy has locked onto you. ie. If you run into the enemy base and the whole team locks onto you and you manage to survive for really long, you'll get a tonne of contribution

6> Farm them in quest mode on unexplored Arcantus
Back to top Go down
suzuru

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:32 am

I added all the answers onto the first post with information provided by users from this site. I hope these questions being answered will help others too. Now I just need to level my robots, farm unexplored Arcantus for cosmos, get more accessories (I gotten a calico cat +_+), and get those other rare drops. (I want those boss drops!)

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Rapster
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:37 pm

MightyPeanut wrote:
2> You'll want to increase her general survivability so get the damage reduction cartridges (Blast,Beam,Sword but not Shell because its useless). A dead Winb will not be healing anyone

5> Adding on to one of the previous posts, Leadership is most contribution. Contribution is calculated by how long the enemy has locked onto you. ie. If you run into the enemy base and the whole team locks onto you and you manage to survive for really long, you'll get a tonne of contribution

6> Farm them in quest mode on unexplored Arcantus
very helpful thanks
Back to top Go down
cheongzewei
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
cheongzewei

Male Posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:14 am

This may sound silly, but how do you screenshot and where are they saved at?

Also, where can i find the handy bazooka?
Back to top Go down
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

Male Posts : 289

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 2:01 am

Cyberstep decided to remove Handy Bazookas from the shop for whatever reason (which has pissed off a lot of people). The only way you can get them now is from random Arena rewards or if you use Garapon and get a Pulsadio which comes with an unslotted one.

They SHOULD drop from White rabbits at Aton Glacier in Arcantus but I farmed them for weeks and never got a single one so I'm assuming Cyberstep took it out from there as well Mad
Back to top Go down
cheongzewei
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
cheongzewei

Male Posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 2:09 am

white bunnies in ice arena in Arcantus? I'll check it out.
:S Thanks.

and what about the screenshot?
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 2:22 am

cheongzewei wrote:
and what about the screenshot?
Hit Print Screen and said screenshot will automatically be saved to the Cyberstep -> capture folder in your main directory [typically C:\, though this may depend on where CosmicBreak is installed].

Does not work for loading screens though. >_<
Back to top Go down
Disasteroid
Newcomer
Newcomer
Disasteroid

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:00 am

Are you sure "The Game Warrior" title means the most damage? I just got The Game Warrior and there were 3 or 4 people with higher damage done than me? O_o?
Back to top Go down
simple1ne
simple1ne

Male Posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 11:08 am

FINALLY my questions have been answered...

many thanks Very Happy

lol! at the 8. ... maybe the Gm's playing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ropalx

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Disasteroid wrote:
Are you sure "The Game Warrior" title means the most damage? I just got The Game Warrior and there were 3 or 4 people with higher damage done than me? O_o?

Melee isn't counted directly towards damage, add those 2 up. although, on the same note i could be wrong, who knows Smile.
Back to top Go down
TerraChika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
TerraChika

Male Posts : 1000

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:38 pm

What are usual and rare rewards from Missions especially Gigan Busters and Operation Starcluster?
Back to top Go down
Nevano
Nevano

Male Posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:09 am

Hey does anyone know were to get those round shields, check the shop and gara but i didn't find it, is it a drop or something?

Last edited by Nevano on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:10 am

event item
Back to top Go down
TerraChika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
TerraChika

Male Posts : 1000

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 9:34 am

Nevano wrote:
Hey does anyone know were to get those round shields, check the shop and gara but i didn't find it, is it a drop or something?

I got one from Haku 3 star...
Back to top Go down
myriethic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
myriethic

Male Posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:45 am

AkumaTheDevil wrote:
What are usual and rare rewards from Missions especially Gigan Busters and Operation Starcluster?

The usual items you get from Gigan Busters is bits and bits, beam machinegun, and some parts. The rare item is volcano grenade, my clan mates said he got ballista shooter, missile box, rocket launcher, and micro bazooka.
For the starcluster, I don't get rare items yet.

Nevano wrote:

Maybe its a buckler shield got from berzelius run.

And I want to ask to all packet user to submit what prizes that you got from completing her episodes. What I got from her are one cosmo harmonics beta and one all 2x ticket alpha.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 am

For the final Packet episode, I don't remember exactly what I got.

I only remember Fudara Cosmos and a bunch of tune-up materials like power amps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie questions answered!   Newbie questions answered! Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie questions answered!
Page 1 of 1