Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questions for Mai...

Go down 
+3
KoumakanScarlet
rei_hunter
WiFi
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

Female Posts : 3107

Questions for Mai... Empty
PostSubject: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:11 am

So I got a Mighty Byne Girl I have a few things in my mind...
it would be great if everyone helps me out

1.Some tips on using her...

2.Her armor is great, how much dmg can they endure?

3.Builds?? should I put 3xggrap?? :3
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:16 am

her armor should have 50 or so hp. they also share the same weakness and carts as your bots have.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
KoumakanScarlet
Dirty Nurse♥
KoumakanScarlet

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:35 am

I don't know much about MBG, but she's pretty sturdy.

Maybe something like this?

i suk at building ;; :
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:50 am

oh so they only have 50 hp or so.. @-@ no wonder why those art walls destroyed my armor so fast
(my guess was around 80...hp)

Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:53 am

to complain about 4-5 pieces of free shield worth around 1/2 of your hp without HP tunes... Whats more these shield act like bucklers hence if you take 1 hit of say 250~ damage it'll still kill 1 piece of shield only...

Also many people purge their shield for the pilebunker combo at the start anyways
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:00 am

Whoaa I usually keep the shields shoot for a bit and purge after detecting a few art units on my radar
Back to top Go down
KoumakanScarlet
Dirty Nurse♥
KoumakanScarlet

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:02 am

Wisdom.IF wrote:
Whoaa I usually keep the shields shoot for a bit and purge after detecting a few art units on my radar
Well, MBG's Pilebunker is rather stronger if she purged her armor, so people most go to the "Punch first, ask later" method.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:03 am

Think about this, while you're purging, you're bound there for ~3 seconds. That time either your spotted arts have ran away or you're ganked close to death cause purging don't give you invincible frame
Back to top Go down
KoumakanScarlet
Dirty Nurse♥
KoumakanScarlet

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:04 am

beccadmgirl wrote:
Think about this, while you're purging, you're bound there for ~3 seconds. That time either your spotted arts have ran away or you're ganked close to death cause purging don't give you invincible frame
like when how open you are when you missed elisalotte's chivalry slash
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:05 am

beccadmgirl wrote:
ohh then maybe I should hide first??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:22 am

Is this a gunner, melee or mixed hybrid?
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:23 am

Inkoseh wrote:
Is this a gunner, melee or mixed hybrid?
I haven't tuned her yet

so I'm waiting for suggestions on how to build her

right now I'm using her like a hybrid with boost run XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:41 am

uuueh ;-;
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:02 am

beccadmgirl wrote:
The problem with this situation is that you're purging in the middle of the match and not at the beginning in the first place.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:09 am

Koiro wrote:
beccadmgirl wrote:
The problem with this situation is that you're purging in the middle of the match and not at the beginning in the first place.
I was replying to this:

Quote :
For me, either i keep the armor and do hit and run single punch till the armor wears off, then go backfield and purge, or purge in the beginning while I have invincible frame from spawn
Back to top Go down
Solryu

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:09 am

My favourite playstyle:

pierce gun evasive hopper with max walk threshold
shortboost, quickland, stun regain, blast guard or melee guard.

While short boosting, just before you touch the ground, spam the triple punch for evasiveness or to quickly change directions.
3x glad those fists for better melee combat tracking ability and extra extra extra evasiveness if theres enough capa.

The pierce gun is also there to distract while you punch the daylights out of them as soon as you spot a good opening then hop out.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:41 am

Solryu wrote:
My favourite playstyle:

pierce gun evasive hopper with max walk threshold
shortboost, quickland, stun regain, blast guard or melee guard.

While short boosting, just before you touch the ground, spam the triple punch for evasiveness or to quickly change directions.
3x glad those fists for better melee combat tracking ability and extra extra extra evasiveness if theres enough capa.

The pierce gun is also there to distract while you punch the daylights out of them as soon as you spot a good opening then hop out.
Spoiler:

so tight
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:16 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:
Koiro wrote:
beccadmgirl wrote:
I was replying to this:

Quote :
For me, either i keep the armor and do hit and run single punch till the armor wears off, then go backfield and purge, or purge in the beginning while I have invincible frame from spawn
Oh well then mb.

Don't

Don't wait till you're 1/2 way into a match then purge I C.

Can't Mail still hold her handhelds even after she purges?
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 1:11 pm

Spoiler:
5 extra cost hurray
Back to top Go down
Solryu

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 6:44 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:
so tight
Well the option of 3x glad is only available to builds without pierceguns or if you're willing to capa tune(not really worth it). But as long as you have a piercegun you pretty much cover your weakness by deterring land melees and airs within distance. MBG has a really small hitbox and with those spammable punches used evasively, you'll pretty much dodge a lot of things.

Yeah playing with pierceguns is just like giving the opponent psychological warfare. Cause they won't know whether you're shooting or you're punching.

Didn't really tune mine, just shield and piercegun and as much walk to get it to the fastest short boost speed. Not too sure 32 walk covers that.
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Koiro wrote:

Can't Mail still hold her handhelds even after she purges?
Yes she still holds the buckler I always use...

also I tried using purge at the start of the game

those AGs took down in a few minutes
c:
Back to top Go down
Solryu

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:06 pm

HighWalk/Dodging/mobility  >  Shield/tgh/hp aka.ability to take hits

Point being, not getting hit is better than taking hits unless you're a huge machinelet arm meatshields user that can't dodge cause its fat.

Edit: Problem with MBG is that she suffers from short weapon range (Sylvia's sword range is the direct opposite, huge weapon range) meaning to get a hit in you'll have to get in dangerously close for that punch. But yeah only advantage is the nice tracking and huge movement distance coverage while punching.

Last edited by Solryu on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Solryu wrote:
HighWalk/Dodging/mobility  >  Shield/tgh/hp aka.ability to take hits

Point being, not getting hit is better than taking hits unless you're a huge machinelet arm meatshields user that can't dodge cause its fat.
better wait for a good build

hope someone will post somthing soon
Back to top Go down
Solryu

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:22 pm

They already have some. MBG is old. You might wanna google that and take a look around.
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Solryu wrote:
They already have some. MBG is old. You might wanna google that and take a look around.
well yeah I already did that

I'm just checking out if there's build suited for the current meta

(updated builds)

...well if no one helps...

I'll just have to use those old builds as reference and make my own build
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions for Mai...   Questions for Mai... Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions for Mai...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next