Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi just a few insights about this game

Go down 
+16
VeryMelon
Fate
IronDicks
Advisor
Mew
necrodrakath
milk
dragongx92
Klinkin
Malphes
zerocl
Trill
Zwiebel Force
FireKiller87
Relict?
Tyler Sepulveda
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:42 pm

cyber can you please stop being a massive faggot, thanks
Back to top Go down
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cybernetic

Male Posts : 452

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Malphes wrote:
cyber can you please stop being a massive faggot, thanks

I'm just giving an opinion, one that I've given so many times as of late, not just here. ._.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:02 pm

"That is all, now get out, before you try to counter my point, as you cannot, and it would be an even great waste of your time to go on an infinete argument with me.

NOW GOOD DAY SIR!"

full faggotry mode activate
Back to top Go down
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cybernetic

Male Posts : 452

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Malphes wrote:
"That is all, now get out, before you try to counter my point, as you cannot, and it would be an even great waste of your time to go on an infinete argument with me.

NOW GOOD DAY SIR!"

full faggotry mode activate

It's more of a warning of "I don't want to drag this out so don't bother" and in hind sight, that'd have been a bit more smart.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 am

Zwiebel Force wrote:
On a side note: most MMOS have little to no story, except for some thin explaination why the mobs are there and why the players are meant to fight them. I've never found out the reason behind S4 League btw (the only thing I know aout it is that is supposed to be the "sport of the future" from some local TV ad).

you know what.
i'm glad someone else fucking picked up on that.
i get so tired of reaching the same shit over and over again.
of how SO AND SO KILLED SO AND SO AND NOW WE GOTTA GO SCREW UP THIS GUY'S SO AND SO.
kill a person.
new quest.
kill a person.
ugh.
you know what i mean, man
You've been there.
but i might be exaggerating just a bit when i typed all of that but for fuck's sake.
they really do love giving you the old cliche crap over and over, huh?

the story of CB isn't even all that great to begin with.
from what i understand of it.
screw individual robot stories.
i just want to fight with them
like i give a shit why ivis is so fucking depressed.
Back to top Go down
Advisor
Advisor

Male Posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:37 am

Miliken wrote:
Zwiebel Force wrote:
On a side note: most MMOS have little to no story, except for some thin explaination why the mobs are there and why the players are meant to fight them. I've never found out the reason behind S4 League btw (the only thing I know aout it is that is supposed to be the "sport of the future" from some local TV ad).

you know what.
of how SO AND SO KILLED SO AND SO AND NOW WE GOTTA GO SCREW UP THIS GUY'S SO AND SO.
kill a person.
new quest.
kill a person.
ugh.
You've been there.
but i might be exaggerating just a bit when i typed all of that but for fuck's sake.

You should play a single player game then :3c
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:52 am

Advisor wrote:
Miliken wrote:
Zwiebel Force wrote:

you know what.
kill a person.
new quest.
kill a person.
ugh.
You've been there.

You should play a single player game then :3c

Nope, they should simply made better stories in MMOs. Some stories seem to be decent btw: I've heard that PSU had one o,o

We could easily have some nice story missions in CB. We do have the Eihwaz one, I'd like a Sacrifice one, a Initium mission and a prequel to "The Archer and The Princess", taking place in the Pritzel Kingdom. I really like Melfi and Elisalotte. We could also have some pretty nice missions that explain the origins of Izuna or Misty Hollow. Nicole Malice could be interesting to - or what about playing the special training that Jikun Long did to become Kuten?

BTW: Ivis is depressed because of what she went through with Crimrose in the past.
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

Male Posts : 236

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 1:07 pm

More missions=less bordem
Back to top Go down
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Quote :
Nope, they should simply made better stories in MMOs. Some stories seem to be decent btw: I've heard that PSU had one o,o

We could easily have some nice story missions in CB. We do have the Eihwaz one, I'd like a Sacrifice one, a Initium mission and a prequel to "The Archer and The Princess", taking place in the Pritzel Kingdom. I really like Melfi and Elisalotte. We could also have some pretty nice missions that explain the origins of Izuna or Misty Hollow. Nicole Malice could be interesting to - or what about playing the special training that Jikun Long did to become Kuten?

BTW: Ivis is depressed because of what she went through with Crimrose in the past.

You want a story go read a book Deal with it nerd
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 7:13 pm

Advisor wrote:

Quote :

You want a story go read a book Deal with it nerd

People like you are the reason, people like us have to bother with an insultingly bad story in MMOs. Go sleep with a women or such, CASUAL PLAYER! Evil or Very Mad

Ok JK, but seriously, reading the textboxes at least once is part of the fun in a game, If you can't enjoy the story I think you simply didn't get what video games are about in first place :/
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:

We could easily have some nice story missions in CB.

yes.
please.
yes.
i was actually interested as to what the hell was going on and if i just jumped back in time or what.
to do that one mission. ugh. something busters or something like that.
the one that explains the first big bad.

We do have the Eihwaz one,
what

I'd like a Sacrifice one, a Initium mission and a prequel to "The Archer and The Princess", taking place in the Pritzel Kingdom.
WHAT.
did you just make up?
no way can it be called the god damn pritzel kingdom.
are we in some sort of toddler storybook?

I really like Melfi and Elisalotte. We could also have some pretty nice missions that explain the origins of Izuna or Misty Hollow. Nicole Malice could be interesting to - or what about playing the special training that Jikun Long did to become Kuten?

sigh.
now that i think about it.
i would be sorta interested in trying to get back into the story if i had someone to talk to about it and had a more understanding on what's going on rather than a little description on what happened to them or something like that.

in the past?
like, when they were young girls or something?
can they even age physically?
they are robots after all.
back when they were some program in a little cpu.

Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:15 pm

>Implying that good stories can't be found in another format than words
herpity derpity
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:33 pm

FYI Pritzl kingdom is in Elisalotte's description, so no, it's not made up.
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:03 pm

@Miliken:

1. Eihwaz = the manga about Lily Rain becoming Lily Rain EVE as well as her theme Song are called Eihwaz, you can find it on the official site. :O

2. Yes, Elisalotte is the princess of the Pritzel Kingdom and Melfi is a Royal Archer. It's mentioned in their Character descriptions.

3. All the informations come from the default descriptions anyway, the actual story never really progressed I believe (the heros are still fighting the Ark/Union of CHAOS and try to provide the 3 Arks, Wizdom, Bladine and Dostrex to bring back love and peace, and happyness to their universe). The only significant story progress would prolly be Lily Rains fight against Kis'rill (an agent of Chaos), the Chaos Invasion events that used to be hold by the GMs (they've been canceled), Ivis comeback, C.S.-chan's pranks in the CosmicArk (the space colony where the heros live) and C.S.-chans weird experiments that resulted in the SUGOI Girls and the humanized Three Guardians and well...yeah and that's pretty much it. All the other background stories are pretty much just some site stories, which includes the Story of Resha and Eris (Resha was hired to repel a "black winged monster", but later the became friends, very much like a short version of Disgaea 1) and the Wing Sluts (your framerate/fun got aten by some random exchange students).

4. Sacrifice part 1 and 2 can be found on the official site as well, and yes: Crimrose and Ivis are shown as their younger selves. If you look closely at the HD moes in the lesson Arena you can see their ears, etc, so it is pretty sure the moe girls are actually humans/espers in exoskeletons with a few exceptions (the Ions seem to be some sort of waterspirits, the Jikun siblings use Qi-Gong instead and Lala is really just some Pop Idol whose buff is actually just some way of cheering up the people, causing them to be more motivated and thus more efficient).

Yes, I believe that sums it all up pretty well.

@zerocl: most offline games got these...you know...cutscenes. It would appear that some of them don't need any "words" to be good ._.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Tiiime for me to mass quote.
Zwiebel Force wrote:
Ok JK, but seriously, reading the textboxes at least once is part of the fun in a game, If you can't enjoy the story I think you simply didn't get what video games are about in first place :/
QFT.
Miliklen wrote:
WHAT. did you just make up? no way can it be called the god damn pritzel kingdom. are we in some sort of toddler storybook?
Spoiler:
Advisor wrote:
You want a story go read a book nerd
I advise you to play a good god damn game for once.
By the way, is that avatar a picture from Mw2? ._.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:29 am

Zwiebel Force wrote:
@Miliken:

1. Eihwaz = the manga about Lily Rain becoming Lily Rain EVE as well as her theme Song are called Eihwaz, you can find it on the official site. :O

2. Yes, Elisalotte is the princess of the Pritzel Kingdom and Melfi is a Royal Archer. It's mentioned in their Character descriptions.

3. All the informations come from the default descriptions anyway, the actual story never really progressed I believe (the heros are still fighting the Ark/Union of CHAOS and try to provide the 3 Arks, Wizdom, Bladine and Dostrex to bring back love and peace, and happyness to their universe). The only significant story progress would prolly be Lily Rains fight against Kis'rill (an agent of Chaos), the Chaos Invasion events that used to be hold by the GMs (they've been canceled), Ivis comeback, C.S.-chan's pranks in the CosmicArk (the space colony where the heros live) and C.S.-chans weird experiments that resulted in the SUGOI Girls and the humanized Three Guardians and well...yeah and that's pretty much it. All the other background stories are pretty much just some site stories, which includes the Story of Resha and Eris (Resha was hired to repel a "black winged monster", but later the became friends, very much like a short version of Disgaea 1) and the Wing Sluts (your framerate/fun got aten by some random exchange students).

4. Sacrifice part 1 and 2 can be found on the official site as well, and yes: Crimrose and Ivis are shown as their younger selves. If you look closely at the HD moes in the lesson Arena you can see their ears, etc, so it is pretty sure the moe girls are actually humans/espers in exoskeletons with a few exceptions (the Ions seem to be some sort of waterspirits, the Jikun siblings use Qi-Gong instead and Lala is really just some Pop Idol whose buff is actually just some way of cheering up the people, causing them to be more motivated and thus more efficient).

holy crap, force.
you were one of the few to actually care enough for the story to keep up with it...
unless it was really easy to catch on with every other update and i was blind or something.

also.
i guess i think pritzel is silly because i keep saying it like i would if i were saying pretzel
i mean, come on...i couldn't be the only one that kept thinking it like that.
at least not at first.

i also ended up finding a little manga about cannon baller when i went to the site.
;o;!

i just read it and i kept thinking to myself that i should go make one ASAP.
he's so freaking brave

thanks for explaining it to me, though.
i should write down to read some more of this if i can.
or when i'm bored, like go look up more.
or just ask you!
since you seem to be know so much about the lore, hehe.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:42 am

Miliken wrote:
Zwiebel Force wrote:
@Miliken:

holy crap, force.
you were one of the few to actually care enough for the story to keep up with it...
unless it was really easy to catch on with every other update and i was blind or something.

also.
i guess i think pritzel is silly because i keep saying it like i would if i were saying pretzel
i mean, come on...i couldn't be the only one that kept thinking it like that.
at least not at first.

i also ended up finding a little manga about cannon baller when i went to the site.
;o;!

i just read it and i kept thinking to myself that i should go make one ASAP.
he's so freaking brave

thanks for explaining it to me, though.
i should write down to read some more of this if i can.
or when i'm bored, like go look up more.
or just ask you!
since you seem to be know so much about the lore, hehe.

There's also a manga story about Sword Wing.

And there's a mission for Ouka, just in case you didn't know.
It doesn't explain her backstory all that much, but you can piece together that she and Goten(the big bad of the mission) have a history together, but Goten has wronged her somehow(likely killing her family or some shit like that with the Ouraikiri Shinuchi, the sword Ouka uses). Ouka's been training in order to get revenge on Goten using the very sword he used to beat her down, but the problem is that the sword is cursed, slowly corrupting the soul of the wielder unless that person has an abnormally strong will. We can then predict that Ouka's mission of revenge will slowly poison her originally pure soul(predicted by Goten himself after being defeated by Ouka).

Also, that mission "Lurking Evil", although I haven't played it so IDK if it advances the storyline at all.

Unfortunately, the number of storylines coming from the site are abysmally small. If they created more backstories, it would make the game a bit more interesting, because then they can create missions off those manga.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:24 pm

I only like EVE for her backgrund story. For some people she's that nuke-sniper, for some she's that busty girl with the showy clothes - for me she's that brave person who risked her life to protect her friends *_*

Oh and yes, Pritzel sounds pretty odd, as a German I also laughed my ass off when I first read "Elisalotte", because that sounds like some 90 year old to me, while Elisa is well...not a 90 years old ö.ö
Back to top Go down
zerocl

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:26 pm

CB has a somewhat interesting plot and good background stories, with a good world of science fiction (if you played Cosmic Commander and C21, you know what I'm talking about :V), but CS thrashed all that plot and good arguments for fanservice (srsly, some moes are just there without a background. Example: Rone and Orin)
And talking about background, IMHO: CANNON BALLER >Ouka>Eve>the rest :V
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:45 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:

Also, that mission "Lurking Evil", although I haven't played it so IDK if it advances the storyline at all.
There's no dialogue in the mission itself. On the site it mentions something about some type of crystal being discovered as a new high-output energy source or something, but in the mission you destroy the crystal and then go on to kill Abyss Bahead too for no good reason, with no further interaction with the crystal area itself.
Back to top Go down
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:46 am

iKray wrote:
Tiiime for me to mass quote.
Zwiebel Force wrote:
QFT.
Miliklen wrote:
WHAT. did you just make up? no way can it be called the god damn pritzel kingdom. are we in some sort of toddler storybook?
Spoiler:
Advisor wrote:
You want a story go read a book nerd
I advise you to play a good god damn game for once.
By the way, is that avatar a picture from Mw2? ._.

It was a joke nah it's fan art from S.T.A.L.K.E.R SOC
Blizzard/Activision have never seen a penny from me and never will.

Spoiler:

tl;dr

Why do you want lore for an arena game.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:42 am

FireKiller87 wrote:

There's also a manga story about Sword Wing.

And there's a mission for Ouka, just in case you didn't know.
It doesn't explain her backstory all that much, but you can piece together that she and Goten(the big bad of the mission) have a history together, but Goten has wronged her somehow(likely killing her family or some shit like that with the Ouraikiri Shinuchi, the sword Ouka uses). Ouka's been training in order to get revenge on Goten using the very sword he used to beat her down, but the problem is that the sword is cursed, slowly corrupting the soul of the wielder unless that person has an abnormally strong will. We can then predict that Ouka's mission of revenge will slowly poison her originally pure soul(predicted by Goten himself after being defeated by Ouka).

Unfortunately, the number of storylines coming from the site are abysmally small. If they created more backstories, it would make the game a bit more interesting, because then they can create missions off those manga.

1. Ouka's adoptive mother was killed.
2. You reversed the name, it's called Shinuichi Ouraikiri
3. Ouka will obviously have too strong a will (I mean why else do we call them heroes in cb)
4. Sword Wing manga was based off Gigan Busters

and all the newest mangas are just preludes to bots/bot+missions anyway.

(usually bot+mission, though Initium is only for bots)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi just a few insights about this game
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3