Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi just a few insights about this game

Go down 
+16
VeryMelon
Fate
IronDicks
Advisor
Mew
necrodrakath
milk
dragongx92
Klinkin
Malphes
zerocl
Trill
Zwiebel Force
FireKiller87
Relict?
Tyler Sepulveda
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyler Sepulveda
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi just a few insights about this game Empty
PostSubject: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:23 pm

Hello just a question, why is the art for the site amazing with all the anime girls, but in game the graphics look horrendous.It looks like a NES game, seriously. Is there going to be any future in-game graphics remake? I was expecting this to look something like S4-League.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Save yourself.

Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:31 pm

To be completely honest, I believe that games aren't made or broken by amazing graphics.
For a great example, just look at Minecraft. The game is a worldwide fucking phenomenon, but the graphics aren't on the level of, say, Starcraft 2.

To be very, very blunt, the fact that you're worried about the graphics of Cosmic Break instead of the gameplay makes me think that there's a serious priority problem here. Games can look all fancy and the graphics can be top-fucking-notch but if the gameplay simply isn't there, it won't succeed.

On that note, unless you come to truly love this game despite it's serious shortcomings, courtesy of the shitty company runnng it, don't bother.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Sepulveda
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:30 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
To be completely honest, I believe that games aren't made or broken by amazing graphics.
For a great example, just look at Minecraft. The game is a worldwide fucking phenomenon, but the graphics aren't on the level of, say, Starcraft 2.

To be very, very blunt, the fact that you're worried about the graphics of Cosmic Break instead of the gameplay makes me think that there's a serious priority problem here. Games can look all fancy and the graphics can be top-fucking-notch but if the gameplay simply isn't there, it won't succeed.

On that note, unless you come to truly love this game despite it's serious shortcomings, courtesy of the shitty company runnng it, don't bother.

Both should matter equally if you want to have a good game. just look at S4 league, great graphics and awesome gameplay, you shouldn't have to have only one, so many games have both.

And i wonder why Minecraft has such "low" graphics. Oh yea that's right it's a sandbox building game. Now look at cosmic break, it's suppose to be an action shooter, but it doesn't feel very action orientated with these graphics.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:50 pm

If you want nice looking characters go charge Rt. No charge Rt? You are forever ugly. It's that simple :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:02 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
If you want nice looking characters go charge Rt. No charge Rt? You are forever ugly. It's that simple :/
Unless you spam Alts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:14 pm

LXE wrote:
Zwiebel Force wrote:
Unless you spam Alts.
This, or learn to skin your blocky self.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:33 pm

LXE wrote:
Zwiebel Force wrote:
Unless you spam Alts.

These won't give HD moe though :/

Wai no Resheris for me? D:
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
LXE wrote:
Zwiebel Force wrote:
Unless you spam Alts.

These won't give HD moe though :/

Wai no Resheris for me? D:

Technically School Crim is HD Laughing
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Oh, graphics whores?, man I have a Xbox360 and back there:

>Bought Ninja GAYden for the fancy looking graphics
>Worst movements ever (even worse than CB glitches with Dancing Maracas)
>Worst gameplay ever

Then buy a "shitty" looking game in the store, that looks like one of Playstation
>BRAID
OH MAN, THAT GAME KEEPS ME PLAYING OVER AND OVER LIKE 3 MONTHS

In my case, graphics means nothing, I bought a lot of games that doesn't look so fancy with HAXX00R L337 graphics, but the gameplay is the essential (CB doesn't have any of those btw, AHUE)

Also
>s4l Good Graphic
CONI CHERIF PLS
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:54 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
Actually minecraft has shitloads of massive shortcomings and issues. Calling it great would be wrong.
Back to top Go down
zerocl

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Minecraft requires a beast to perform smoothly, I dare to say that it even has the same issues as CB has (shitload of RAM and CPU usage), because Java engine is gay
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:21 pm

Malphes wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
Actually minecraft has shitloads of massive shortcomings and issues. Calling it great would be wrong.
Still fun to play though.
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:33 pm

To provide an answer of a more...technical nature, CyberStep codes all their games in their own proprietary engine, which runs off Java. While Java is quite robust and powerful, it's not exactly easy on system resources, and there also appear to be limitations due to the way the engine is coded. The result of all this is that for a system that can normally run current, good-looking games on moderate levels of detail, running CosmicBreak at its poor level of graphics is somewhat taxing. Honestly, the graphical level of CosmicBreak is that of older free-to-play titles, back before the microtransaction model took off. Compare it to more recent (or even contemporary) F2P games, and it's sorely lacking. While I won't say that a good game needs good graphics, poor graphics (and poor/uninspired art design) can ruin a game, and CosmicBreak comes close to that point.
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

Male Posts : 236

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:33 pm

If the gameplay in a game is good, then its 1/3 of the pie.
If story is good there is another 1/3, Lastly is the graphics. They r a bounus. I understand those guys who r like I got the best of the best computer so I want a game that will melt my graphics card. I am ok with 2/3 of a pie. But CS eats 2 peices that I want to have so I have no peices of the pie..
Back to top Go down
Tyler Sepulveda
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:32 am

dragongx92 wrote:
If the gameplay in a game is good, then its 1/3 of the pie.
If story is good there is another 1/3, Lastly is the graphics. They r a bounus. I understand those guys who r like I got the best of the best computer so I want a game that will melt my graphics card. I am ok with 2/3 of a pie. But CS eats 2 peices that I want to have so I have no peices of the pie..

you're missing a piece of the pie, how would getting it be a bonus? You should have all of it in the first place. Bonus would be extra, not what you should already have.
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:27 am

What i want in a video game

Good story
nice gameplay
graphics r extra so i geuss u r right
Back to top Go down
Tyler Sepulveda
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:56 am

dragongx92 wrote:

Good story
nice gameplay

Graphics aren't extra, they are an important part of the game.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:25 am

Tyler Sepulveda wrote:
dragongx92 wrote:

Good story
nice gameplay

Graphics aren't extra, they are an important part of the game.

While graphics are nice, I wouldn't ever let them make or break the game. I'm not going to tell you how or how you shouldn't enjoy a game, but graphics aren't as important to me as gameplay is and other features for that matter.

And besides, lower graphics makes the game available to a wider range of computers. Plus I think in full HD graphics on par with today's new games would make the game very difficult to play due to the fact that combat is fairly chaotic, and becoming overwhelmed with effects and particles wouldn't be hard.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 5:50 am

Tyler Sepulveda wrote:
Hello just a question, why is the art for the site amazing with all the anime girls, but in game the graphics look horrendous.It looks like a NES game, seriously. Is there going to be any future in-game graphics remake? I was expecting this to look something like S4-League.

i was thinking this exact same thing, too!
i was moving around the BRD area and looking at all these stiff looking girls in the game and wondering why they're not more fluid.
i mean, these are futuristic girls, right?
they have the means to be real humans, why do they move around like robots still?

i would understand if they were like, barely in the new tech of entering androids.
but they're not!

i just want to see a girl get hit by a bullet or something and really make it look like it hurt or something like that.

i'm probably asking for a lot right now.
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:43 am

this new generation of gamers pisses me off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:49 am

necrodrakath wrote:
Yup.
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:08 pm

iKray wrote:
necrodrakath wrote:
Yup.

It is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Sepulveda
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:49 pm

necrodrakath wrote:

Sorry progress pisses you off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi just a few insights about this game   Hi just a few insights about this game Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi just a few insights about this game
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next