Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\

Go down 
+17
foxlaszlo
Suki_Eve
AthenaWyrm
Nilla
Dune
Malphes
Kirika
Zwiebel Force
Hyoka
FireKiller87
Retrias
dsp
Stickboy
ziix
dbzfan922
Suguri
CapeMike
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 8:44 pm

CapeMike wrote:
Nicole makes a good support; even the UC Gara one(with no slots) can annoy the bajeezus out of airs!
I hate to tell you but, Nicole doesn't bother me playing AIR much in the Arena.
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

Male Posts : 236

PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:00 pm

The deal with nicole is that, people can dodge her rod attack but it does fck people up when they try to run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:24 pm

The only reason I would ever use Nicole, is for Arcantus. Other than that, why are you wasting my team's CP.
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:36 pm

If done right she can add a good chunk of damage and burn once WB comes out. With a shield in one hand as well. front and back are covered along with a constant string of booster trouble and damage. The only thing I am confused about is how to build her. Dose her staff go off Tec or what. I am thinking Tec since its a ranged attack.

Stay defensive, WB comes out, be offensive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:07 pm

The Nicoles I see in the arena, are nothing but food for melees.
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:12 pm

Well its all about placement and timing. I dont just charge around like a herr derr. Some brain power required.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:13 pm

dragongx92 wrote:
The deal with nicole is that, people can dodge her rod attack but it does fck people up when they try to run.

Nicole is free food considering most of my melee units are CV.

And most of the units I use also have an AoE like Stardust Cannon or Wizdom Cannon.
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Well she is my best jammer atm, looking for more supports also atm Very Happy
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:27 pm

sorry for the late response, mike.
kept getting distracted with other things.
sigh~

CapeMike wrote:
My main got a 'Berll Vesca, which is actually one of the better non-Regina models, according to friends...it's forward firing vines can bring rushers to a screaming halt, allowing me plenty of time to hightail it out of there...just gotta consider how to set her up, given my constant poor-ness....

you got a support bot on your main and your unit of choice is a support bot?
i even went to go look her up and she was a gold prize bot in some old gara.
wow...this is beyond lucky, mike.
i'm sure you can create a really great bot out of her.
i'm also in your condition as well.
forever poor tier.

On a more concerning note is the fact that, with all the moe-ness now infesting the lower ranks and lower Br-rating rooms, I'm REALLY screwed...Brd account(still diamond) is about to dip into the 2.7s, Dos acct is barely hanging onto 3.8-3.9 I believe, and my main's above 4.0-4.1 for now....

hang in there!
also...
does it really matter what Br-rating you have other than bragging rights?
or am i missing something...?

I'm living proof that having better bots(even if it's only a few) does NOT = better Br...and nothing I've done to date has helped me improve any...the Elisa(original blonde)I have is utterly useless to me(would GLADLY trade it for a Pulsardio Gamma if the bazaar allowed it)! Sad

...can I keep dreaming for a handicap system to be implemented one day?

...or maybe a -REAL- lesson area, featuring, say, tutorial missions for various bot types and playstyles? It couldn't possibly be that hard to create, could it?
*sigh*

that actually sounds like an incredible idea.
but from what i have seen so far from CS.
or just the developers in general
is that they don't want to help us
like, at all.
if they add anything of what you mentioned.
you can bet that it's going to cost real money to take lessons.
heard it hear first.

Anyway, with the ridiculous cost of the UC Gara DX(32k for 20 rolls...really, CS?!), I've given up any hope of getting much nice from that anytime soon....

come on, mike.
that isn't bad.
at least it's not RT.
thank them for at least giving us that...
you can still try over and over later.
no rush unless you'll feel horrible for being left behind in a rush to having the newest op bot.
:I

...about the only good thing to happen recently is seeing the new Crim in action...and I -think- I've about worked out some kinks in it's armor, so to speak.... *ponders*

hehe.
got to cling on to those little things, right?
but that new crim is seriously a terror. c .c

i, myself was pretty happy that i was able to do that cactus mission by myself in hard mode.
dang, packet...
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Tossing my hat into the ring on the Nicole debate. As an AIR main I can honestly say I don't even notice when I get hit with Waste Booster, and I even play aggressively. The duration's quite short and AIR boost gauges are large enough (and their boost regen's fast enough) that they can keep going through 2~3 full consecutive waste boosters before needing to land. What she messes with best is FLY-based ART/SUP and boost runners, as they have much less boost to work with. Fly-based ART/SUP specifically become almost entirely immobile due to her.

Quick Boost makes her manageable for anything properly built, though. Waste Booster also has the adverse effect of overwriting more crippling statuses such as Slow, Bind, Shock, Charge Delay, Late Clock, etc.

Deadeye is a beast under a PS though, since all its parts gain Hypershot as well as Nicole.
Back to top Go down
DisNiga
DisNiga

Male Posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:08 am

dragongx92 wrote:
Yo mike, got any tips for a wanna be support. Only supports I have are Thorla-chan, winberel and nicole malice.

Using Nicole in this meta effectively UNTUNED isn't going to be easy X:, but you might want to spectate /talk to NillRage, as he's been using one in the arena, and not doing too bad with it either, but I agree with the other's. Nicole is very fragile >:
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:13 am

Set-up the Vesca with Cyberoid Ams(improved all her stats) and a pair of Handy 'zooks along with Dual Rifle bits....

Managed to catch an Eris napping near our PS with the snare and immediately poured fire into her...if she hadn't firepillar-ed me to escape, I would have ripped off the vast majority of her HP! Smile

...and on a bright note to end the day, Dio Missle kill #27 is in the books! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:38 am

DisNiga wrote:
Nicole is very fragile >:
Ehh, she's not *that* fragile. Pump one mobility stat and HP, leave str/tec at a 10/10~15/15 balance, she comes out durable enough.

Spoiler:

Really wanted to fit a para-tuned phenom magnet on her since she'd be PS camping anyway but her capa's not good enough for that without suffering horribly in stats it seems...
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Sadly, my Nicole has no open slots in parts so I might just have to switch her out for another bot anyway. Uc gara >.<. On the bright side I have a Regina Winberrl with 3s n al parts and weps. She has a pulse gun and wide beam gun and it seems to be working. Had a K jin long charge at me under ps..... she died and did not even touch me. She rocks with her heal over time and ranged rooting spell. I got her from a hu cube and almost raged but now I cry with tears of happyness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\   Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony?  :\ - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mabye it's ok being a 1-trick pony? :\
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3