Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Hack or a Trick?

Go down 
+4
Hyoka
Ropalx
FullThrottle
Vartio
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vartio
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 134

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:25 pm

I see this all the time, a person will NEVER miss a shot on you, but even if you're flying RIGHT along side them and using the same weapon, you miss every single shot. Is this a hack, or is a glitch, what is it?
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:06 pm

If 2 cars were driving side by side along the road and the 2 drivers each pulled out a pistol shooting at each other would be cake assuming that both cars aren't using bullet proof windows. Concept is the same here, if you're flying right next to your opponent you can't hit them without some space. In the case of the 2 drivers. The distance between each of their steering wheels gives them the space they need to shoot at each other.

Common sense.

Seems to be lacking in players these days. :/
Back to top Go down
Ropalx

Male Posts : 96

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:09 pm

@Vartio wrote:
I see this all the time, a person will NEVER miss a shot on you, but even if you're flying RIGHT along side them and using the same weapon, you miss every single shot. Is this a hack, or is a glitch, what is it?

Maybe a hack, maybe a glitch, maybe you are laggy, maybe you simply are horrible at aiming, maybe he has absurd fly/wlk stats, maybe he was hopping while you where shooting at him.

Heck without pictures/vids or more info, its more likely i will assume is plain lag from your side. Or from his at any rate.

It could also be the hand which you are using the weapon in, i cant recall how it was exactly but, if you are (i think it was) strafing to the left and shooting with a weapon on the right, you will more than likely miss every single shot... as i said, i cant recall how it was exactly.

Edit:

@FullThrottle wrote:
If 2 cars were driving side by side along the road and the 2 drivers each pulled out a pistol shooting at each other would be cake assuming that both cars aren't using bullet proof windows. Concept is the same here, if you're flying right next to your opponent you can't hit them without some space. In the case of the 2 drivers. The distance between each of their steering wheels gives them the space they need to shoot at each other.

Common sense.

Seems to be lacking in players these days. :/

I am assuming he means he misses and his opponent hits, otherwise, yea this is a plain lack of common sense case.
Back to top Go down
Vartio
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:27 pm

:S Okay, let me try this. I asked a friend about this, he said manual aiming still affects the aim to a degree.

Thing is, whenever I've shot, I could aim 45 degrees off to the side, and I would miss just as hard as aiming right at them.

Hence the whole point of this topic.
Back to top Go down
Ropalx

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:48 pm

@Vartio wrote:
:S Okay, let me try this. I asked a friend about this, he said manual aiming still affects the aim to a degree.

Thing is, whenever I've shot, I could aim 45 degrees off to the side, and I would miss just as hard as aiming right at them.

Hence the whole point of this topic.

After checking on the game for a minute, i think i got your answer. First what i was mentioning, which hand your weapon is affects to a degree the direction the bullet will take, so if you are shooting with the right hand, and his strafing to the right same as you, you are more than likely to miss, as the weapon will aim shooting your bullet slightly inclined to the left, whilst if you had your weapon on the left, the bullet will come slightly inclined to the right.

Basicly, where shooting with the right while strafing right gives a posibility of hit of lets say (i am taking this numbers out of my ass) 1-1.5 ft distance to get the chance of hit, while shooting with the left while strafing to the right gives a posibility of 0.75-1.75 ft chance to get the hit.

Also, i could be simply speaking bullshit, and whatever reasoning behind my deduction of why i can shoot people and hit them while they miss like they where blind and under the confusion debuff by doing what i typed above, is just pure happens chance of the situation.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:14 pm

it's coincidence combined with a bit of lackluster sense is all I'm seeing here.
Back to top Go down
Ropalx

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:16 pm

@FullThrottle wrote:
it's coincidence combined with a bit of lackluster sense is all I'm seeing here.

And you didn't understand his problem, under your case scenario, both shooter either hit, or miss, in his case scenario, Car A hits, car B misses.

Read, then comment.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:20 pm

I did ready but he said 2 air units flying side by side cannot hit. The analogy fits perfectly if you're that close to your opponent you can't hit.

But if there's the issue of distance, then what you said applies.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:54 pm

@FullThrottle wrote:
I did ready but he said 2 air units flying side by side cannot hit. The analogy fits perfectly if you're that close to your opponent you can't hit.

But if there's the issue of distance, then what you said applies.

Um, shotgun?
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:56 pm

I'm not clear about the exact situation, I only know what he says.
Back to top Go down
Vartio
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:53 pm

Since It seems I didn't give enough detail, let me try this on for size:

My foe and I are using generally the same unit (Let's say pure crimrose)

We both have on a Photon Rifle (I think that's what it is, the basic beam hand gun?)

We're both heading West in mid air dash. There is a 2-3 player distance between us.

Presuming we're firing at basically the same time, I miss roughly 80%-100% of my shots. They however, hit 80-100% (roughly).

This occurs even if, throwing in randomness into the equation, I begin to zig zag left/right to add curves in to add dodging, or saying if for example I dodge back, I zig zag left/right for a clearer image. The same situations will occur.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:14 pm

then what Roplax said applies. It's the hand the gun is in and the direction you're headed.

Those two factors determine if you have to fire ahead of your opponent or not.
Back to top Go down
Vartio
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:26 pm

I'll try out swapping the gun hand tomorrow, see how it does then.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:56 am

Beam Rifle projectiles (I'm assuming that's what it is since proton ANYTHING doesn't exist) are generally slow/slow firing, so it takes a lot of practice to hit with it (especially since I'm using the large version, Negatron Rifle). Try Wide Beam Gun or Particle Gun from the shop if you're worried about actually being able to hit the opponent.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:38 am

side by side?
I never realized you could shoot that way when flying without turning your robot too...
unless he is going sideways while his sight is clicked to his left?
i guess it could be he is using a different camera angle than you?
Lol me, I only go two directions - straight and move with my mouse and backwards with me shooting behind me with my mouse.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:03 am

@Hyoka wrote:
Beam Rifle projectiles (I'm assuming that's what it is since proton ANYTHING doesn't exist) are generally slow/slow firing, so it takes a lot of practice to hit with it (especially since I'm using the large version, Negatron Rifle). Try Wide Beam Gun or Particle Gun from the shop if you're worried about actually being able to hit the opponent.

isn't blaster > particle gun? or the other way around?
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:26 pm

@FullThrottle wrote:

I think blaster shoots bigger shots that go farther and are easier to see.
But I know for a fact particle gun has 6 force while blaster only has 5...
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:32 pm

If you can get closer, Particle Guns are deadly because they hurt more and shoot faster. Notably also significantly cheaper.

Blasters have less damage per shot but have a longer range and pierces through multiple targets, meaning if you use it say, against a bunch of bots in the middle of a repairing bit....

Hooo shit.

Both generally suck against fellow air targets though; Too damn fast and too damn far.
Back to top Go down
AngelWings
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AngelWings

Male Posts : 102

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:56 pm

I think I know what the problem is.

Cosmic break is a lot about skill, and I think the problem here is that your opponent can think ahead.
Beam weapons generally do not home in on the target, so if firing at air robots, the player must try to read his opponent's moves.

If you were traveling in one direction, he could've fired slightly ahead of the direction you were travelling, and you just happened to run into the spot where he fired a few moments ago that he predicted that you would move into.

On the other hand, just because you locked into an enemy doesn't mean you hit them 100% of the time. As you fired directly at your opponent, both of you moved, making the bullet pass by BEHIND your opponent.

tl;dr, Your opponent "missed" on purpose to hit you that many times, you aimed at your opponent to miss all your shots.
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:48 pm

@AngelWings wrote:
I think I know what the problem is.

Cosmic break is a lot about skill, and I think the problem here is that your opponent can think ahead.
Beam weapons generally do not home in on the target, so if firing at air robots, the player must try to read his opponent's moves.

If you were traveling in one direction, he could've fired slightly ahead of the direction you were travelling, and you just happened to run into the spot where he fired a few moments ago that he predicted that you would move into.

On the other hand, just because you locked into an enemy doesn't mean you hit them 100% of the time. As you fired directly at your opponent, both of you moved, making the bullet pass by BEHIND your opponent.

tl;dr, Your opponent "missed" on purpose to hit you that many times, you aimed at your opponent to miss all your shots.
autoaim disagrees.
yes you can lead slower projectiles like the heavier bazookas and such, but not applicable to airs.

the issue at hand is more or less lag. and in the case of cosmic break, the laggier person is the one with an advantage.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:11 am

@BNOISE wrote:
@FullThrottle wrote:

I think blaster shoots bigger shots that go farther and are easier to see.
But I know for a fact particle gun has 6 force while blaster only has 5...

cool beans that means partsicle guns are better.
Back to top Go down
Ropalx

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:58 am

Quote :

autoaim disagrees.
yes you can lead slower projectiles like the heavier bazookas and such, but not applicable to airs.

the issue at hand is more or less lag. and in the case of cosmic break, the laggier person is the one with an advantag

Not entirely, although i do agree with the autoaim, the lag part is not completly correct, yes, if you where a lagkun or a hopper, lag benefits you ALOT. However, in case of a 1v1 fight against a laggy flier, depending on how laggy, it would give you the 1-2 seconds stuck from the other player, enough to hit atleast 1-2 bullets, while for him you are still moving in a straight line to hell and beyond.
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:47 am

@Ropalx wrote:
Not entirely, although i do agree with the autoaim, the lag part is not completly correct, yes, if you where a lagkun or a hopper, lag benefits you ALOT. However, in case of a 1v1 fight against a laggy flier, depending on how laggy, it would give you the 1-2 seconds stuck from the other player, enough to hit atleast 1-2 bullets, while for him you are still moving in a straight line to hell and beyond.
wow, i kinda forgot about this thread.

anyway, not true.

he does not get hit during the time (the bullets hit, explosives explode, but no "hit" and he goes away unscathed).
he can still move around while lagging + this game does not do rubberbanding = teleport ahoy.
and that is if the issue was lag spikes.

in the case of straight latency, i've posted about it a couple of times already and i don't feel like posting another one atm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hack or a Trick? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hack or a Trick?   Hack or a Trick? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hack or a Trick?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Tech Support-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com