Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

it sucks having tile for flooring.

Go down 
+9
JadeCicada
IronDicks
Hyoka
xzpwnz
Zwiebel Force
resireth
Suguri
reVelske
milk
13 posters
AuthorMessage
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

it sucks having tile for flooring. Empty
PostSubject: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:49 am

it gets so damn cold right away and i'm needed to put shoes on or something cozy.
it's just fucking horrible and i wish we never got tile.
i liked vacuuming.
i want my carpet back.
and it sucks if you drop something since it might seriously damage it.
aka a baby or something fragile.
tile just sucks.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:54 am

Easier to clean, carpets are filthy. I flat-out refuse to rent any place with carpet.

(wow that's a random topic)
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:57 am

Carpet is top tier, go home rev.

Though yeah, as an owner of a dog who suffers from separation anxiety, I will definitely agree carpet's harder to clean.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 4:05 am

i'd.
i'll probably go with tile much later.
but for right now. i want carpet.
i'm freaking tired of it.

tired of sweeping.
hurting my back.
and i remember vacuuming being much satisfying.
in some sort of way.

still remember how fucking far my dad went to go get some decent looking tile years ago
spent my whole damn summer around mexico trying to find tiles that my dad thought were good.
looked all the same to me.
holy shit, dad.
just choose one already.

i don't like getting older.
Back to top Go down
resireth
Master Poster
Master Poster
resireth

Male Posts : 2129

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:47 am

What's wrong with tiles? And why can't you use a vacuum cleaner to clean them?
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:49 am

Why would anyone want tiles outside the kitchen or bathroom? Wai ju no hab parquet? o.o
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:35 am

Most of the houses I live in have marble floors
That gets cold as hell (colder than tile D:)
Carpets are dirty as hell
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:10 am

xzpwnz wrote:

But you have money to afford slippers
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:25 am

Hyoka wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

Footwear off gtfo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:31 am

xzpwnz wrote:
Hyoka wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

Footwear off gtfo
Does strapping cushions to your feet count as footwear?
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:50 am

LXE wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

Footwear off gtfo
Does strapping cushions to your feet count as footwear?
It's fun to slide on marble
Just don't trip, crack your head against it and become retarded or something
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:05 am

xzpwnz wrote:
It's fun to slide on marble
Just don't trip, crack your head against it and become retarded or something
But I have no marble floors, so no problem here. :3
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:46 am

this house is my first house with carpeting, only in bedrooms and the lounge and i'd have to say carpets are nicer on the feet, especially for those who don't wear socks inside, not to mention socks can be slippery.

top tier topic by the way
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:22 am

Carpet, provided you've got a clean one, is great for one thing - rolling.

Sometimes, when you just need time off, and you're too lazy to climb up all the (carpet'd) stairs to reach your bed, having a nice carpet you can just fall on, and roll around in all the floofiness... relaxing. Also fun to do.

Most of my house is hardwood floor. We wear slippers indoors, though. Mine have... lambskin in them, I think. So it's like I've got carpets 24/7 in terms of walking comfort, whether I'm on tile or wood.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:49 am

Carpets give some more confort at the expense of cleaning them later. It's ok to have them in some places, say bathroom or bedroom. Others are best without it.

And i'd prefer titles over carpets on my kitcken any time of the week.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Why would anyone want tiles outside the kitchen or bathroom? Wai ju no hab parquet? o.o

my DAD thought that if one part of the house had tile, ALL OF THE HOUSE SHOULD HAVE TILE.
he just
what the hell.

:I he had the money to go and do it so whatever.

resireth wrote:
What's wrong with tiles? And why can't you use a vacuum cleaner to clean them?

u know what. that's not a bad idea at all.
cleaning them up with a good vacuum cleaner, but i know that i won't go out and buy one to make it happy
bcuz i'm lazy and that shit costs good money.
c .c
dealin' with it until i move elsewhere.

xzpwnz wrote:

I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL.
marble flooring looks way prettier than tile flooring in every way possible, though.
tile flooring is just dumb to look at.
at least this one is.
siigh.

i'm sure i'll go to tile in a different time after i'm done with carpet.
at least it's fun to lay on it when summer rears its ugly face.
nice and cold.

Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptySat May 05, 2012 2:21 am

At least it's not hard-wood flooring. Uhg.

Our entire main floor, aside from the bathrooms, laundry room, and Mom's bedroom, all consists of hard-wood flooring. Even the damned kitchen. We have to put felt things on the bottom of all the furniture to make sure we don't damage it, and cooking is generally a worrisome affair if we lack the lid to one of our crockpots or if we're stirring the sauce of food we're cooking. And we have to keep a bowl in front of the fridge, so that if water drips from the ice-maker, it'll go into the bowl and not onto the floor.

Personally, I prefer pretty much everything over hard-wood floors. Carpet does happen to be my favorite, though, because it's a lot easier than having to scrub the tiles and I'm less likely to get shit stuck in my foot. I was going down the stairs last week, and I started walking on tiles, and I wound up getting a piece of glass stuck in my foot. =_=

Carpets do tend to be problematic when things like food and drink are involved, and I remember having to vacuum the floors a lot at the old house because we have long-haired Persians and their hair would get everywhere. And different types of carpets have different types of absorption rates.

You can technically vacuum tiles and hard-wood floors, though. It just involves setting the suction to a different setting.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:09 am

I have tile floors,I don't step on them so it's ok.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:26 am

I got laminated floorboards, they're alright.
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:57 am

Suki_Eve wrote:
Personally, I prefer pretty much everything over hard-wood floors. Carpet does happen to be my favorite, though, because it's a lot easier than having to scrub the tiles and I'm less likely to get shit stuck in my foot. I was going down the stairs last week, and I started walking on tiles, and I wound up getting a piece of glass stuck in my foot. =_=

Huh. Funny enough, I find carpet to be the most hazardous to my feet, because it's easy for nasty stuff to be hidden from view. This mostly stems from, when I was rather young, I was just chilling in our games room, full carpet, when I felt a sting in my toe. And, oh hey, there's now a bent staple that has run through my little toe (thankfully, only a few layers of skin on the inner side, not like through the middle or anything).

Granted, that was one of those really soft, deep carpets. Not like the kind where it's soft, but you can't really penetrate any measure of depth into it while walking. I think that kind of "shallow" carpet is getting more popular nowadays because I can't think that I've really seen deep carpet in a long time.

Tile and hardwood, I can at least see when there's dangerous materials on the ground. Or if something is about to become dangerous materials, at least it makes a sound.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:14 am

Miliken wrote:
i'd.
i'll probably go with tile much later.
but for right now. i want carpet.
i'm freaking tired of it.

tired of sweeping.
hurting my back.
and i remember vacuuming being much satisfying.
in some sort of way.

still remember how fucking far my dad went to go get some decent looking tile years ago
spent my whole damn summer around mexico trying to find tiles that my dad thought were good.
looked all the same to me.
holy shit, dad.
just choose one already.

i don't like getting older.

Female Mexican, Mite be half italian.

System 101X engaged code name stalker mode...000000000001100000001X4SA1432. All were about of Miliken will be found by boytitan soon Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: it sucks having tile for flooring.   it sucks having tile for flooring. Empty

Back to top Go down

it sucks having tile for flooring.
Page 1 of 1