Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks

Go down 
+12
snakegourd
Winty
Maelstrom
Astral_Dono
Samui
aosepsa
Soarer
colfenor1337
Fuwakomoriya
Relict?
muge
ZatohPsi2
16 posters
AuthorMessage
ZatohPsi2
ZatohPsi2

Male Posts : 93

I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks Empty
PostSubject: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 1:41 am

I just want to clarify a few things because I heard many people are giving me shit because people think I said "the Ballista Seraph build sucks" (Ayakaybee's signature). I just want to say... I have NO problems with Ballista Seraphs. NONE! I never said it sucks. I said it was "it was never good to begin with", yes. Got killed by one when I was using a ROAR arm bot, yes. but there's a few things I need to establish with that:

1) Allow me to rephrase "it was never good to begin with" (since I DID say that out of spite and stress). I mean it was never THAT great to begin with; I just think it's never as GREAT as people say it is for say a normal room. No doubt it's actually a pretty good build, and I can go as far as to say it's annoying. The buff Ballista Shooter got also helped it to be a much better build than it already is too. With that said though, when I look at other bots and humanoids that are possibly faster, have more mobility, range, and/or anti-homing effects, and more powerful weapons that can even inflict status effects (Stella needs a nerf btw), I don't see Seraph as all that special. Yet everyone else seems to worship the build like it's a god among AIR units. It could just be my opinion, but I just see this build as being "overrated" at best, and that's what bugs me about it. If you can get big scores with her, good for you, I can only say that I think that build is VERY VERY ABOVE AVERAGE.

Long story short, she's GOOD but not THAT GOOD. So I don't think she's bad, you can rest easy knowing someone else can say that.

2) I only remember getting killed by that build about twice with my ROAR arm build. Call this an excuse, but most of those were because of environment difficulties, fatigue, and/or a bad match up. Take Omega.EXE for example. After getting ganked by a whole bunch of melees that jumped me, I tried to escape to my team. His Seraph was chasing me through a tunnel, and (as we all have experienced) tunnels never give any space to maneuver either. So there was no way to get above the Seraph or kite around it. As I tried to get out and have my team peel it off, I ran into the enemy team instead, which ended up blocking my escape route so his Seraph could finally have the last shot. I COULD'VE handled the situation better tactically (and verbally -_-), I know. But let's just say certain bots do badly in different environments, and thus certain bots that SHOULD have a better time dealing with others, usually end up getting the advantage completely flipped upside down on you. Like say if there was a Frac Girl that chased an Eris into a cave, how do you think that will turn out?

So now that I said all this, I hope people can stop seeing me so negatively for what I said and did. I hope we can move past that like I'm trying to do.
Back to top Go down
muge
Newcomer
Newcomer
muge

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 4:39 am

Good luck
I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks F2C8N
I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks F2Cy9

Last edited by muge on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the real footage)
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 5:38 am

ZatohPsi2 wrote:
With that said though, when I look at other bots and humanoids that are possibly faster

Tell me a faster bot. Accel rolling Shaden? Burning Runner Agni? One is impractical and one does the entirely different job.

Quote :
have more mobility

Yes, that is the price she pays as an old unit.

Quote :
range

Manmode units aren't for everyone

Quote :
I don't see Seraph as all that special. Yet everyone else seems to worship the build like it's a god among AIR units. It could just be my opinion, but I just see this build as being "overrated" at best, and that's what bugs me about it.

She is situational. Why? Because she only slays baddies. Which is what makes up the majority of CBEN. So she does her work fine while separating the men from the boys. Her main selling point is that she's UC and thus is accessible to everyone. People can do miracles with her, though. I personally am below average at using her, but that's okay.

Quote :
I only remember getting killed by that build about twice with my ROAR arm build.

Muge killed you on his alt 4 times. That is where the posted quotes come from.

Quote :
Call this an excuse, but most of those were because of environment difficulties, fatigue, and/or a bad match up

[1:37:04 AM | Edited 1:37:13 AM] Thorala: damn he could be the best player on the server if he diverted the effort from making excuses into gitting gud

Quote :
So now that I said all this, I hope people can stop seeing me so negatively for what I said and did. I hope we can move past that like I'm trying to do.

You're bringing this up when the Seraph hype is dead. You're making yourself look bad. Which is something you're prone to do in arena, so nothing new.
Back to top Go down
Fuwakomoriya
Police Is Watching You
Police Is Watching You

Male Posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 6:17 am

ayy pussei destroyed.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1868

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 6:26 am

Ok now everyone's piece of mind has come out (plz no more), we can now be good friends, alright? owo/

PLEASE VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION o3o/  :
Back to top Go down
Soarer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Soarer

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 7:35 am

Your lack of self-control is...

...disturbing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hayashisora.com
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!
aosepsa

Male Posts : 1595

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 7:43 am

ZatohPsi2 wrote:
"the Ballista Seraph build sucks"

Yes, it sucks because seraph can't metuh compare to alphaing raw dommoge bots or options + access to deadlier weapons equipped bots except her option of having Seraph Wing

ZatohPsi2 wrote:
it's actually a pretty good build, and I can go as far as to say it's annoying.

It was never good build because muh 1 TGH, muh stuns, and raw dommoges she take from bullet hells

ZatohPsi2 wrote:
I don't see Seraph as all that special. Yet everyone else seems to worship the build like it's a god among AIR units. It could just be my opinion, but I just see this build as being "overrated" at best, and that's what bugs me about it. If you can get big scores with her, good for you, I can only say that I think that build is VERY VERY ABOVE AVERAGE.

We are not overrating her, we are trolling the shit out of you dumbfuc/ks like you with shitty builds that can be easily countered.

ZatohPsi2 wrote:
Long story short, she's GOOD but not THAT GOOD. So I don't think she's bad, you can rest easy knowing someone else can say that.

It was never good build because muh 1 TGH, muh stuns, and raw dommoges she take from bullet hells(2)

ZatohPsi2 wrote:
2) I only remember getting killed by that build about twice with my ROAR arm build. Call this an excuse, but most of those were because of environment difficulties, fatigue, and/or a bad match up. Take Omega.EXE for example. After getting ganked by a whole bunch of melees that jumped me, I tried to escape to my team. His Seraph was chasing me through a tunnel, and (as we all have experienced) tunnels never give any space to maneuver either. So there was no way to get above the Seraph or kite around it. As I tried to get out and have my team peel it off, I ran into the enemy team instead, which ended up blocking my escape route so his Seraph could finally have the last shot. I COULD'VE handled the situation better tactically (and verbally -_-)

You got shot to death by some dumbass who is melee expert, not a shooter. GITGUD

ZatohPsi2 wrote:
I know. But let's just say certain bots do badly in different environments, and thus certain bots that SHOULD have a better time dealing with others, usually end up getting the advantage completely flipped upside down on you. Like say if there was a Frac Girl that chased an Eris into a cave, how do you think that will turn out?

As for that situation, Frac has access to shit out Powerless, and Eris would easily eat up more than 200 HP damage in a raw and getting her melee mobility locked on.

bottom line? GITGUD
Back to top Go down
Samui
Armed Teddy
Armed Teddy

Male Posts : 833

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 8:53 am

ZatohPsi2 wrote:

But this community's main enjoyment is ganging up on people and putting them down to no end (unfortunately in this case, you). I recommend not caring about the community and just enjoy playing CB as it is.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 10:51 am

#salt
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 11:00 am

I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks IC5aC8kfPwSPg
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 12:02 pm

ballista shooter has more range than roar arms, roar arms can't "kite" a ballista seraph.
Back to top Go down
snakegourd
snakegourd

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 12:55 pm

wow finally i know relict is akb
Back to top Go down
Rexir2
Teddy Slide
Teddy Slide

Male Posts : 188

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 2:06 pm

Winty wrote:
ballista shooter has more range than roar arms, roar arms can't "kite" a ballista seraph.
ROAR arms are often overranged by ROAR AMJ, which outranges ballista (part of the reason why ROAR comes w/ both parts).

Also, ballista seraph isn't bad in the limited CF. Sure, there are better options, but it's a decent choice.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 2:16 pm

Quote :
ROAR arms are often overranged by ROAR AMJ

no they aren't.
Back to top Go down
ZatohPsi2
ZatohPsi2

Male Posts : 93

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 2:26 pm

Rexir2 wrote:
Also, ballista seraph isn't bad in the limited CF. Sure, there are better options, but it's a decent choice.

I do agree with this statement yeh
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 2:34 pm

Dat Satly Bacon

I think Ballista Seraph ish pretty much Even if she " old "
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 6:01 pm

snakegourd wrote:
wow finally i know relict is akb

t-the sekrit is out
Back to top Go down
Samui
Armed Teddy
Armed Teddy

Male Posts : 833

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 6:32 pm

Sakura1 wrote:
Dat Satly Bacon

I wub Satly Bacon sunny
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 6:53 pm

midget seraph was the choice of faggots back in 2010/2011.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 7:55 pm

Tuskin wrote:
midget seraph was the choice of faggots back in 2010/2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrxYL1zpeRc
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 11:13 pm

Hey
Hey I just wanted to stop by and say
N O J O H N S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks   I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks Empty

Back to top Go down

I DON'T think Ballista Seraph sucks
Page 1 of 1