Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Constructive advice on tuning por favor?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vekupo
vekupo

Male Posts : 39

Constructive advice on tuning por favor? Empty
PostSubject: Constructive advice on tuning por favor?   Constructive advice on tuning por favor? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:28 am

Right now I own a Medi Aide Inj (rt gara) and a Destructor Girl in CBTW and was tweaking the cosmicalc for their builds. I'm not confident with my tuning skills so I was wondering if anyone can check on my builds and maybe suggest some changes. Also, if someone can fit in revenge tunes if it be fitting to do so, then feel free. XD (Don't be too harsh though, I know I'm bad at this. XD)

P.S. I have no Buckler 3slots/Handy Zook 3s/Swing Gun 3s and i'm not so sure where to find them in CBTW so all builds assume that they are unavailable and will utilize alternatives found in the UC shop. Edit: Oh, and one of the medi aides is the normal one.

Medi Aide INJ
Spoiler:

Medi Aide

Spoiler:

Destructor Girl (using handy zook)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Constructive advice on tuning por favor?   Constructive advice on tuning por favor? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:43 am

>Viper shield with inj

GOD WHY

Use a fucking gun. Maybe something like a handy bazooka or even a magnum will do.
Back to top Go down
vekupo
vekupo

PostSubject: Re: Constructive advice on tuning por favor?   Constructive advice on tuning por favor? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:45 am

so dual wield not gun/shield? that works...

viper shield was meant to be adaptive though, since there be so many vanguard/ivis in cbtw that hunt down healers and artilleries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Constructive advice on tuning por favor?   Constructive advice on tuning por favor? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:06 am

Medics usually don't need to be tuned unless they're going to be in combat most of the time. (Just avoid combat, and stick near your team mates)

38FLY is roughly the same speed as 40FLY. (40FLY is an unnoticeably tiny bit faster)

Viper Shield is bad on S/M-sized bots. Use Bucklers, they are better.
Back to top Go down
vekupo
vekupo

PostSubject: Re: Constructive advice on tuning por favor?   Constructive advice on tuning por favor? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:26 am

Thanks LXE. Well yes I would definitely want a buckler instead. But buckler nowhere to be found on CBTW. T_T I'm currently in game though, and after that last round I definitely need a buckler/protective shield of sorts. Land rush to enemy PS is the meta in CBTW XD.

Yes sir, will stick to teammates! XD Tunes were only meant for extending lifespan of WB and evading enemy vanguards/ivis/mialy/etc. XD
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Constructive advice on tuning por favor?   Constructive advice on tuning por favor? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:15 am

vekupo wrote:
Thanks LXE. Well yes I would definitely want a buckler instead. But buckler nowhere to be found on CBTW. T_T I'm currently in game though, and after that last round I definitely need a buckler/protective shield of sorts. Land rush to enemy PS is the meta in CBTW XD.

Yes sir, will stick to teammates! XD Tunes were only meant for extending lifespan of WB and evading enemy vanguards/ivis/mialy/etc. XD
I dont think he was primarily yelling at you for using viper shields for that reason.
I think he was yelling at you for using it because you dont have an offensive weapon, which I would agree, is probably a terrible idea, considering you're using Medi Am2.
If you have some spare rt, get a bugsycait from the store for his shock shield am. His other parts and core are actually pretty nice too so he's a good buy no matter what, but his shock shield am is his main selling point. You can also equip a gun with it too which is pretty nice.

Here's my set up. Although I dont know what you really have in terms of parts, but they are rather interchangable (Such as your medi am2 replacing my mediger am2). The good thing about medi aide is that she gets tons of fantastic cartridges (such as the coveted growing wonder cart) and changable parts. Heck, you can probably build an offensive medi aide set, but that's just me talking out of my butt.

Spoiler:
This is a primarily old set up I made just after the second perfect attendance campaign (Got her in one of my cubes which made me happy since she was one of the characters I really wanted), and has gone through many revisions such as slapping on mediger's bacculus on her when I got in him new years gara. The wide beam gun is there for the fact that it farms trees, plenty of ammo, and sort of harasses the many lnd that come along to try and cut you up. Bacculus is like the inj am, and the bugsycait am for obvious reasons.

EDIT: Whoop, didnt realize that it was CBTW. Well, other stuff follows, except i dont think bacculus is available yet so slight modifications to the build would suffice, but basic build rules for support: get a weapon. Still recommend cait am2 just so you can deal with the lnd units because you won't have a buckler.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Constructive advice on tuning por favor?   Constructive advice on tuning por favor? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:22 am

vekupo wrote:
so dual wield not gun/shield? that works...

viper shield was meant to be adaptive though, since there be so many vanguard/ivis in cbtw that hunt down healers and artilleries.

Look, a viper shield is going to, AT BEST block two or three direct hits from a vanguard.

A vanguard pulls that off in one second.

There's pretty much no point in bringing one.
Back to top Go down
vekupo
vekupo

PostSubject: Re: Constructive advice on tuning por favor?   Constructive advice on tuning por favor? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:37 am

Akhenderson wrote:

I dont think he was primarily yelling at you for using viper shields for that reason.
I think he was yelling at you for using it because you dont have an offensive weapon, which I would agree, is probably a terrible idea, considering you're using Medi Am2.

Spoiler:

In short, as long as i has offensive weapon i'm good to go, yes? I do sort of need some form of protection and I'm not so sure if I can avail myself of Bugsycait arms at the moment. I was hoping 1 weapon/1shield was good enough. As for Medi Aide INJ, i guess I can replace the shield with a gun (to hunt for wonder drugs and ammo, although taiwan players are kind enough to give you some you won't even need to go look for them yourself). If only I had a buckler though that would help, a shield willll give me better chances to flee and heal myself up in the process with repair kits (even if it can only nullify 1 vanguard slash, it'll still spell the difference between staying alive or imminent death). Given how players in CBTW like to play blitzkrieg, you're more than likely to run in to a few enemies from behind. Oh, and players there LOVE broad radar (i want it myself).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constructive advice on tuning por favor?   Constructive advice on tuning por favor? Empty

Back to top Go down

Constructive advice on tuning por favor?
Page 1 of 1