Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need advice.

Go down 
+3
FireKiller87
Suguri
wonjoon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wonjoon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
wonjoon

Female Posts : 782

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:20 am

Hello CBFF, I need your advice on what kind of cartridge and equipment(UC only) I need for Seraph Crimrose, Laz-chan, and Lily Rain.
Right now, all of them are at Lv.3 maxed(about to be Lv.4) and they all have 3X cartridge on HP and costs.

All of them are pretty much running at stock equipment other than Seraph Crimrose(who has Little Plasma Gun, Mini Bazooka, and wing units).
I don't really have a play style, so any kind of advice would be helpful and I would like to keep Laz-chan as a healer.

Let me know if I already screwed up with my cartridge choice, so I could junk my bots and start over again(I still have X2 EXP on).
Oh and I've already read koi and Anomalies's guide on Crimrose and Lily Rain, so I do have some ideas on what to do with them, but I wanted a second opinion.

Thank You!

P.S. I'm a casual player who wants to improve my game play with my favorite bots.
You could recommend me for a new bots, but I rather continue to play with my favorite bots.

P.S.2 I forgot to mention this, but wonder bits I'm using now for Crim and Lily is Sword Bits and Heal Bits for Laz-chan.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:26 am

Anomalies' guide is so outdated, I don't know if anything in it is even remotely accurate.

Carts vary a lot for seraph based on preference so I won't get into that.

For Lily, x2 handy zook is a pretty popular setup. Carts you should definitely have are quick boost, float dash, and probably moving burst.
Back to top Go down
wonjoon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
wonjoon

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:47 am

Suguri wrote:
Anomalies' guide is so outdated, I don't know if anything in it is even remotely accurate.

Carts vary a lot for seraph based on preference so I won't get into that.

For Lily, x2 handy zook is a pretty popular setup. Carts you should definitely have are quick boost, float dash, and probably moving burst.
Thanks for the awesome advice Sugori! I'll try it out now! ^^
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:47 am

For Lily, you can also go 1x Handyzooka plus a shield(either buckler or viper will suffice) and drop Moving Burst for a different cart. I don't have a list in front of me, but check them out. The shield is nice because Lily's HP is subpar compared with other Lv10 bots thanks to her shit cost carts, which give her 7 HP each time.

Your carts are just fine; in fact most bots take all or all but one cost cart for +HP and capacity for tunes.

For Crim, your weapons are good. I'd take Quick Boost on her for sure. If you want 3x Seraph Wings, you can ignore FLY tuning if you wish and grab 2x Internals.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:33 am

FireKiller87 wrote:
For Crim, your weapons are good. I'd take Quick Boost on her for sure. If you want 3x Seraph Wings, you can ignore FLY tuning if you wish and grab 2x Internals.
^
This, I just made my crim 24 FLY and tuned her for 40 TEC. But the way I play my Seraph is rushing and dealing high damage, so that's why I tuned her for that. If you play your bots mainly for survivability though, get 40 FLY even if you do get 2x's internals.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:09 am

Astral_Goddess wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
^
This, I just made my crim 24 FLY and tuned her for 40 TEC. But the way I play my Seraph is rushing and dealing high damage, so that's why I tuned her for that. If you play your bots mainly for survivability though, get 40 FLY even if you do get 2x's internals.

I'd actually NOT rush for 40 FLY as that will put a major cramp in your plans for high TEC. I'd shoot for 31/32 or 35/36 FLY. My Seraph has 36 FLY and enough capacity for 30 TEC with 6 Cost Capa carts, 2x Internals, Stun Regain and Quick Boost.
I tend to rush and press the attack, generally flying everywhere and firing my Minizooka at anything that's close by. I usually squeeze 700+ damage if I'm smart and run when its time so I can get three Seraph Wings out of the deal.

Keep in mind that Seraph has average HP(with six cost carts, you get 407 HP) and she's vulnerable to missiles if she doesn't have wings, so be careful when you decide to press an attack without your wings. Generally, I run into the attack without wings if there isn't going to be much capacity for fatass ARTs to shove missiles up my ass all day. Places like Dull Road usually need your Seraph Wings, because the flat terrain gives fatasses much better capacity to shoot at you, as opposed to Desiccant Hills or something like that(i don't remember the exact stage) where the high cliffs and uneven terrain hinder the use of fatasses.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:13 pm

If you want wings, take x2 internal, all capa, and ignore every stat except tec.

If you want to play her more conventionally, get 38 fly, take quick boost and a mobility cart, and the rest is up to you.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Note that if you want Wings and you follow Sugu's advice, your ass is going to be shot full of missiles the moment your third Seraph Wings run dry. It's definitely worth looking at, but you need to do a lot of damage while you're using the wings to make it worth the cost.
Let's face it, once your Wings run dry, you're fucked for any kind of combat, unless your targets are flying up to your team's front door and knocking, and even then it's not worth fighting em because they'll blow your ass out of the sky(and your mates aren't likely to help you out if you're being shanked). Seraph gets...what, base 24 FLY? Unless you're swapping parts for, say, Tentrion AMs, which would make her useable outside of Wings...probably. I'd say you need at least 31/32 FLY to be half-decent out of Wings, more is better ofc.

Another advantage of said build is that your Seraph'll generally be lower cost. 2x Internals are 60 cost, you need to tune to 40 TEC(which means you need to add on 20~28 TEC in tunes), and you need the Cost Capas. With Wings out, you also don't need to worry about any missiles, as long as you're not dumb enough to stick to walls everywhere you go. Just worry about bazookas, other Airs with 38 FLY, Albatreos HD, and Lily Rain Le Reve.

Getting a ground-mobility cart is useful even if you are taking 2x Internals. Useful for getting out if you overstay your Wings in enemy territory or making an Air Hopper/Float Dasher, making Seraph a heck of a lot more useful on the ground and in any general combat. This also tends to nullify missiles as they tend to detonate on the ground in front of you rather than detonating up your ass. Don't forget that they'll still track you better when you're in mid-hop or mid-Float Dash since you're still airborne, so don't Float Dash or hop if a missile's tracking close to you. Just run in the opposite direction(yes, you can run without needing to dash first) and you shouldn't take damage.
EDIT: Note that if you are taking a ground-mobility cart AND 2x Internals, Quick Boost is usually a must because your gauge won't charge quickly enough for you to Float Dash away if you overstay your Wings. It's usually charged enough once you land for you to hop once or twice. If you are Float Dashing, you'll need Quick Boost, and you'll either have to cut a Cost Capa cart or one of your Internals. This applies especially if you tend to use your Wings to assault heavily fortified areas and tend to overstay your Wings a lot, as you'll be forced to land in heavily guarded territory(and not having enough Boost to Float Dash away tends to end with your poor Crim being surrounded, gangbanged and left to die).

And don't forget that your hitbox is as fat as Thoarla's except without her gigantic fucking exo. Don't bumrush a group of six fatass ARTs because they'll grind you into dust even without missiles. Also keep in mind bots that have missiles with high-quality or exceptional tracking systems, like Destructor and his fangirl. They can still hit you(albeit with little consistency unless you're flying along a wall) with missiles even with Wings out.
Also be wary of fighting Toy-Lolis. Her cutesy little missiles can still crack you wide open thanks to their nuclear explosion, the little fucker. Get in close and spam Minizooka up her ass, as her missiles don't work as well up close. Be wary of the odd little bitch who's carrying a Blast Bazooka, that thing will eat you alive and spit out your dissolving metal bones.

About Wonder Bits, Crim usually packs Sword/Slayer Bits if they have Wings or don't need airtime. They sometimes pack Propeller Bits so they can hang out with 60sec+ airtime without using Wings(although without antihoming, AND Propeller Bits are lock-onable, so you can cause explosion splash damage if you strike them). Blaster/Dual Blaster essentially creates a force field in front of you, usually preventing anything from attacking in front, although the usual Blaster range is so shitty that you usually don't see these. Dual Beam Bits(normal one is completely useless) is not seen at all usually, even in lower-tier games, and generally deal little damage. They're useful if some fool tries to escape on low health and you just finished your weapon's magazine(thus unable to shoot his ass down so he can die violently) but not for much more than that.
Back to top Go down
wonjoon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
wonjoon

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:40 pm

Thank You so much everyone for the awesome advices! ^^
I didn't know there was so many different ways to play Seraph Crimson, so I'm not sure which option would be best for me, but I'll figure it out somehow! #em3
I guess I can start by observing other players who plays Seraph Crimson, haha.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:46 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
Another advantage of said build is that your Seraph'll generally be lower cost. 2x Internals are 60 cost
For most bots, yes, but Seraph's are 40 and 50.

FireKiller87 wrote:

EDIT: Note that if you are taking a ground-mobility cart AND 2x Internals, Quick Boost is usually a must because your gauge won't charge quickly enough for you to Float Dash away if you overstay your Wings.
Might want to try it before you say that.

FireKiller87 wrote:

And don't forget that your hitbox is as fat as Thoarla's
what

seraph's skinny as hell

And you should probably use slayer bits, unless you have a large supply of frac pulse bits/berz fly bits or are doing something gimmicky with unit-type bits.

Last edited by Suguri on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:48 pm

Suguri wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
Another advantage of said build is that your Seraph'll generally be lower cost. 2x Internals are 60 cost
For most bots, yes, but Seraph's are 40 and 50.

Whoops. My fault. It's been a while since I took a good look at her.

Alright, 90 cost. Tack on another 30. She'll usually still be low cost with 2x Internals and only TEC tuning, and you can usually get 31/32 FLY by swapping out her AMs for somethig better.
Back to top Go down
wonjoon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
wonjoon

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:30 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
Note that if you want Wings and you follow Sugu's advice, your ass is going to be shot full of missiles the moment your third Seraph Wings run dry. It's definitely worth looking at, but you need to do a lot of damage while you're using the wings to make it worth the cost.
Let's face it, once your Wings run dry, you're fucked for any kind of combat, unless your targets are flying up to your team's front door and knocking, and even then it's not worth fighting em because they'll blow your ass out of the sky(and your mates aren't likely to help you out if you're being shanked). Seraph gets...what, base 24 FLY? Unless you're swapping parts for, say, Tentrion AMs, which would make her useable outside of Wings...probably. I'd say you need at least 31/32 FLY to be half-decent out of Wings, more is better ofc.

Another advantage of said build is that your Seraph'll generally be lower cost. 2x Internals are 60 cost, you need to tune to 40 TEC(which means you need to add on 20~28 TEC in tunes), and you need the Cost Capas. With Wings out, you also don't need to worry about any missiles, as long as you're not dumb enough to stick to walls everywhere you go. Just worry about bazookas, other Airs with 38 FLY, Albatreos HD, and Lily Rain Le Reve.

Getting a ground-mobility cart is useful even if you are taking 2x Internals. Useful for getting out if you overstay your Wings in enemy territory or making an Air Hopper/Float Dasher, making Seraph a heck of a lot more useful on the ground and in any general combat. This also tends to nullify missiles as they tend to detonate on the ground in front of you rather than detonating up your ass. Don't forget that they'll still track you better when you're in mid-hop or mid-Float Dash since you're still airborne, so don't Float Dash or hop if a missile's tracking close to you. Just run in the opposite direction(yes, you can run without needing to dash first) and you shouldn't take damage.
EDIT: Note that if you are taking a ground-mobility cart AND 2x Internals, Quick Boost is usually a must because your gauge won't charge quickly enough for you to Float Dash away if you overstay your Wings. It's usually charged enough once you land for you to hop once or twice. If you are Float Dashing, you'll need Quick Boost, and you'll either have to cut a Cost Capa cart or one of your Internals. This applies especially if you tend to use your Wings to assault heavily fortified areas and tend to overstay your Wings a lot, as you'll be forced to land in heavily guarded territory(and not having enough Boost to Float Dash away tends to end with your poor Crim being surrounded, gangbanged and left to die).

And don't forget that your hitbox is as fat as Thoarla's except without her gigantic fucking exo. Don't bumrush a group of six fatass ARTs because they'll grind you into dust even without missiles. Also keep in mind bots that have missiles with high-quality or exceptional tracking systems, like Destructor and his fangirl. They can still hit you(albeit with little consistency unless you're flying along a wall) with missiles even with Wings out.
Also be wary of fighting Toy-Lolis. Her cutesy little missiles can still crack you wide open thanks to their nuclear explosion, the little fucker. Get in close and spam Minizooka up her ass, as her missiles don't work as well up close. Be wary of the odd little bitch who's carrying a Blast Bazooka, that thing will eat you alive and spit out your dissolving metal bones.

About Wonder Bits, Crim usually packs Sword/Slayer Bits if they have Wings or don't need airtime. They sometimes pack Propeller Bits so they can hang out with 60sec+ airtime without using Wings(although without antihoming, AND Propeller Bits are lock-onable, so you can cause explosion splash damage if you strike them). Blaster/Dual Blaster essentially creates a force field in front of you, usually preventing anything from attacking in front, although the usual Blaster range is so shitty that you usually don't see these. Dual Beam Bits(normal one is completely useless) is not seen at all usually, even in lower-tier games, and generally deal little damage. They're useful if some fool tries to escape on low health and you just finished your weapon's magazine(thus unable to shoot his ass down so he can die violently) but not for much more than that.
wow I totally missed this post, thanks for the awesome advice FireKiller87! ^^
I think now I have a good idea on what to do with Seraph Crimrose. #em3
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:06 pm

Suguri wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:

what

seraph's skinny as hell

when wings out, those wings also good part to be shooted with non tracking stuff like zoka... so yea... she got big hitbox when wings summoned

FireKiller87 wrote:

Also keep in mind bots that have missiles with high-quality or exceptional tracking systems, like Destructor and his fangirl.

wait... destructor and desu girl missiles can track seraph wings? i tought only homing that doesnt affect seraph wings is psyguns and mele-ing her

Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:17 pm

Courius wrote:
Suguri wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:

what

seraph's skinny as hell

when wings out, those wings also good part to be shooted with non tracking stuff like zoka... so yea... she got big hitbox when wings summoned
The wings are purely visual, her hitbox doesn't change at all.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:14 am

I put stun regain on my seraph,
it's nice cart to have cuz I don't get trolled by 100++ damage anymore
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:46 am

Suguri wrote:
Courius wrote:
Suguri wrote:

what

seraph's skinny as hell

WTF, I spent all that time screaming over her fatass hitbox n its just pure visuals?!

Oh well, one less thing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
wonjoon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
wonjoon

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:53 am

Suguri wrote:
Courius wrote:
Suguri wrote:

what

seraph's skinny as hell

That's good to know! alien

Nymph~ wrote:
I put stun regain on my seraph,
it's nice cart to have cuz I don't get trolled by 100++ damage anymore
How much HP does it restores when your Seraph is stunned?

FireKiller87 wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Courius wrote:

WTF, I spent all that time screaming over her fatass hitbox n its just pure visuals?!

Oh well, one less thing to worry about.
lol cat
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

I need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need advice.   I need advice. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:29 am

Stun Regain's mechanics are still not clear right now
Back to top Go down