Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mayhems New Toy

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Mayhems New Toy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayhems New Toy   Mayhems New Toy - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:47 pm

sunjae429 wrote:
I wouldnt call a $1000 tower a good deal. If it were me I'd get a pretty shit and cheap tower and focus the money on the things inside.

The shop may have treated the 5570 like a high end since it may not even have a big variety. Theres a shop pm the way back from school, that had almost all graphic cards, even from those big outdated geforce8400s to Radeon 5970s. And frankly the 5570 is the cheapest 5000 series and is cheaper than most 4000 except for shit like 4350. But rather than cost, it's performance lacks greatly in comparison to the other stuff sold there. If I was on a tight budget I may have gone for a 5570 but since my desktop is currently on some random VIA/s3g unichrome pro integrated graphics and can't play cb even with updates I'm going for the cheapest one on sale, which is the geforce 7400.

One last thing, it normal for firefox not to lag on frames -_-;;;

It was $900something plus nearly $100 dollars worth of tax.

They never treated the 5570 like a high end card. But it's better than the card I had before to say the least. As I already said, it was the best deal within an hours drive at least. For the record, I was not willing to pay $500 dollars more for an i7 I wont use. It's doing exactly what I wanted it to do with ease. Don't forget the free $50 gaming headsets... Which btw are the best headsets I've ever owned in my entire life with built in bass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayhems New Toy   Mayhems New Toy - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:54 pm

Nothing can beat the headphones I got with my laptop. A free $500nzd headphone, Sony High Definition Audio with Bass Boost. Only down side is the size I guess.

I'm not saying you should spend an extra $500 for an i7 but I'd rather get that than getting a super expensive case.
Back to top Go down
werty16
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
werty16

Male Posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: Mayhems New Toy   Mayhems New Toy - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 6:44 am

AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
3328MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
and the 1 terabyte harddrive

tats mah pc since u guys seem to kno quite lot lemme kno how bad is it XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayhems New Toy   Mayhems New Toy - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:24 pm

werty16 wrote:
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
3328MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
and the 1 terabyte harddrive

tats mah pc since u guys seem to kno quite lot lemme kno how bad is it XD

Looks like a cheap and light pc, except the HDD XD

Looking at the fact you have 3328mb ram I can guess your os is 32-bit.

Graphics..., well okay I guess sorta like another mid range card.

Your CPU? All I can say is it's not the best thing around(says the guy withan i3-330m)
That athlon is like one of the cheapest you can get in market here in new Zealand. Imo It's barely handling CB. And if you're planning to play more games I suggest you get another CPU. That CPU was really built for office users, and that small home photo viewing or etc type. If you got this computer really cheap, good job, and if this wasnt, you got ripped off.
Back to top Go down
werty16
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
werty16

Male Posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: Mayhems New Toy   Mayhems New Toy - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 4:02 am

oh it was 1 of the cheapest things around and way better than rest of the low price ones
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayhems New Toy   Mayhems New Toy - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:38 am

werty16 wrote:
oh it was 1 of the cheapest things around and way better than rest of the low price ones

For obvious reasons...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayhems New Toy   Mayhems New Toy - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:01 am

I could not help but replace my Radeon HD 5570 with something a bit better for Christmas. That's right, I got myself a Christmas gift. Thus I picked up a card that is literally twice as powerful (but also twice as large in size)... The Radeon HD 5770!

Here are the specs for my old card:
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-5000/hd-5570/Pages/hd-5570-overview.aspx#2

Now here are the specs for my new card:
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-5000/hd-5770/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-5770-overview.aspx#2

Oh and it also came with a copy of Assassins Creed 1 for the pc for free.

It was only 200usd, so worth it.

Mayhems New Toy - Page 2 So_much_win_graphic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mayhems New Toy   Mayhems New Toy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mayhems New Toy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2