Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kuten Jikun Long M

Go down 
+6
Suguri
fggt
Halexander
Trill
Yokura
donggyu
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:18 am

What do you guys think of my first build? (Imagine with short boost for a little less str)
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:21 pm

donggyu wrote:
What do you guys think of my first build? (Imagine with short boost for a little less str)

Red tier boost run, check.
At least 2 slows, check.
12 tough minimum, check.
Broad Radar, check.
And decent str, assuming you drop one of the high runs for short boost you still get 32.

Seems pretty good to me. Are you going to level 10 for short boost or are you dropping blast guard or something?

I think you might reconsider not tuning the arms tho, you can split some of those high cost vanilla high tunes into 2 single tunes for better cost. All your parts are either UC obtainable or locked to the body, and the base tunes are pretty cheap. this is assuming you haven't actually leveled her to 10 yet so you can junk over and over, but still worth considering.

I have been messing with my build and cart reset yesterday to drop short boost and stun regain for float dash and quick boost. Both are more expensive, but they really are great choices. I find it easier to dodge with float dash, and easier to keep combos going too. Something else I never realized was that Kuten's air combo is slightly different, in that the last hit works different, so if you float into the attack, you can choose to do the air finisher by doing the whole combo, or pick the pop up ground finisher simply by pausing in one of the combo "breaks" and shooting a fujinken. This makes the combo finish in the grounded style, no matter how you started it. I am also considering dropping one of my bucklers for a beam gun mod, since I have 3s ones and it will free up some more capa that I need now with the more expensive carts...
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:59 pm

Halexander wrote:
donggyu wrote:

Red tier boost run, check.
At least 2 slows, check.
12 tough minimum, check.
Broad Radar, check.
And decent str, assuming you drop one of the high runs for short boost you still get 32.

Seems pretty good to me. Are you going to level 10 for short boost or are you dropping blast guard or something?

I think you might reconsider not tuning the arms tho, you can split some of those high cost vanilla high tunes into 2 single tunes for better cost. All your parts are either UC obtainable or locked to the body, and the base tunes are pretty cheap. this is assuming you haven't actually leveled her to 10 yet so you can junk over and over, but still worth considering.

I have been messing with my build and cart reset yesterday to drop short boost and stun regain for float dash and quick boost. Both are more expensive, but they really are great choices. I find it easier to dodge with float dash, and easier to keep combos going too. Something else I never realized was that Kuten's air combo is slightly different, in that the last hit works different, so if you float into the attack, you can choose to do the air finisher by doing the whole combo, or pick the pop up ground finisher simply by pausing in one of the combo "breaks" and shooting a fujinken. This makes the combo finish in the grounded style, no matter how you started it. I am also considering dropping one of my bucklers for a beam gun mod, since I have 3s ones and it will free up some more capa that I need now with the more expensive carts...

Suguri suggests taking Quickland along with Float Dash and Quickboost. You'd either have to drop Stun Regain, Boost Run, or Broad Radar to get Quickland, which I'm not certain is worth it or not. If its possible, could you try it with Quickland and post your input on it?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:11 pm

You can use both Float Dash and Boost Run? How would that work? Double-tap = Float Dash, Holding it down = Boost Run?
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Relict? wrote:
You can use both Float Dash and Boost Run? How would that work? Double-tap = Float Dash, Holding it down = Boost Run?

Tap > Hold = Boost Run in that direction

Tap > Tap = Float Dash in that direction

You can also do something like Tap > Tap > Hold and you will end the float dash into a boost run, but you do have a delay because you have to land the float dash before you can start boost running, thus the suggestion of quick land. That problem is actually the reason I still have boost run on there, since using only float dash for movement gives you a choppy movement, and a smart opponent will wait for the pauses to strike.

I have no experience with quick land since I don't play hoppers, so I am not sure how much of a difference it makes, but my Kuten will hit level 10 in 400 exp, so I can throw quick land on there and try it out. Again moving to a more expensive cart... Oh Kuten, why are you such a headache >.<
Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:59 am

How are you guys tuning Kuten M? I'm planning on spamming high str tunes after reaching optimal wlk + 2 slow tunes, but that doesn't seem cost efficient...
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:48 pm

donggyu wrote:
How are you guys tuning Kuten M? I'm planning on spamming high str tunes after reaching optimal wlk + 2 slow tunes, but that doesn't seem cost efficient...

At this point, I honestly have no clue what I am going to do with her :S

I have been messing with Quick Land, and it dose make float dash better. In fact, with quick land and quick boost, you can spam float dash everywhere. It makes boost run feel like a luxury. I may drop boost run all together since I have a pretty good base walk anyway, possibly try to push the walk up to the 36 break point. I just wish there was a nice chart for float dash speeds like there is for short boost and boost run. My Kuten has a faster float dash at 33 walk/18 fly than my 1 walk/38 fly Alba, so both stats must count...

Also, I tested if the fujinkens that shoot out if you break up the combo can cause slow. They can, just like Frau legs. This makes me kinda want to triple slow tune...

Another weird thing, if you float dash in any direction but forward and start the combo, Kuten will ground instantly, so you wont get the air combo. What she does instead is fire out the fujinken in the first combo break no matter what you do and it wont cause the normal pause, she just keeps kicking, so free hits. I can't remember if she did this before I had quick land or not, so it may be some weird interaction between the skills.

One last note, I did an informal test on the shield hitbox thing, by running strait into a meta cactus. I still got shielded, even though she hangs her shields out behind her when she runs. Interestingly, the shield animation still generated from the shield itself and not from the location of the soaked hit.
Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:01 pm

One possible build. However, it is at negative tec so you can't use wonderbit:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Even after quitting I don't really feel like giving out my full builds. I've got the following stats/carts with both revenge and weapon tunes, you should be able to figure it out pretty easily from there.

Quote :
HP: 550
STR: 40
TEC: 0
WLK: 32
FLY: 7
TGH: 12

LEVEL: 10

【カートリッジ】
キャパシティアップ +70×5
ソードガード
スタンリゲイン
フロートダッシュ
ブーストチューン
クイックランディング
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:25 pm

In english please
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:29 pm

I think is is:

Sword Guard
Stun Regain
Float Dash
Quick Boost
Quick Land
Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 5:57 pm

I haven't started tuning str yet, but I have one slow tune down and red-tier boost run.
The most recent match which I'm proud of:
Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 SjI4b
It was pretty one-sided with koi and loverofnao spamming resha, but oh well xD
See those 3 frags? That was 3 complete assassinations with 3 people at full hp Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Halexander wrote:
I think is is:

Sword Guard
Stun Regain
Float Dash
Quick BoostBoost Run
Quick Land
You wouldn't keep more than 1FLY if you didn't have it.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Float Dash is based off both WLK and FLY, moreso fly. There's ample reason to keep fly along with walk using a Floatdash based Kuten.

Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:42 pm

donggyu wrote:
I haven't started tuning str yet, but I have one slow tune down and red-tier boost run.
The most recent match which I'm proud of:
Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 SjI4b
It was pretty one-sided with koi and loverofnao spamming resha, but oh well xD
See those 3 frags? That was 3 complete assassinations with 3 people at full hp Smile
It's a Kuten after all.
You don't really need high str to do well with her.
(I suck at using melee, and can do well with her even without broad radar, which I actually find dispensable on her since I have red tier boost run and my targets are never hard to find)
Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:30 pm

I put dual rifles on my kuten and they are strangely super effective....not I'm a little hesitant on dropping wb =w=;;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:55 pm

M Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:09 am

donggyu wrote:
I put dual rifles on my kuten and they are strangely super effective
Dual Rifle Bits are extremely fragile bits with shitty duration and will break the instant you try to melee, if not before.

Last edited by LXE on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Hiding outdated information.)
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:49 am

LXE wrote:
donggyu wrote:
I put dual rifles on my kuten and they are strangely super effective
Dual Rifle Bits are extremely fragile bits with shitty duration and will break the instant you try to melee, if not before.
Quite so.
Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:36 am

Yeah I noticed that >.> I liked using them to chase down the enemy/keep them stunned after knock back though xD

My build so far:
This build is at level 9 and I need to get stun regain
Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 PSqu7
Not sure how to continue ._.
I should probably tune another slow...
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 12:23 pm

The second slow tune is pretty noticeable. I really wanted to do 3 slows, but I wanted a revenge tune too. The crappy thing about Kuten and Frau is that they have leg based weapons, and so those 3 slots have to fight over weapon, revenge, and capa tunes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long M   Kuten Jikun Long M - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kuten Jikun Long M
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2