Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maxis Questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Da_Box
Da_Box

Maxis Questions Empty
PostSubject: Maxis Questions   Maxis Questions EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 11:45 am

So I just spent all my UCs to get a Maxis (I'm a cheapskate, so I'd never buy one with my money), and I'm not going to lie, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I get bots then I leave them as is, I don't know shit about tune-ups, and I figured Maxis would be fine with just the railgun but apparently that was a dumbshit move.

I don't know what to do with it, what should I do? (Apart from not sucking.)
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

Maxis Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxis Questions   Maxis Questions EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:22 am

Moved to the correct forum.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

Maxis Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxis Questions   Maxis Questions EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:38 am

35 wlk
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Maxis Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxis Questions   Maxis Questions EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:03 am

35 wlk + 2 viper shields + EIW carts + blast guard
everything else is up to you really
most people just up their tech as far as possible afterwards

try playing in a low lvl room and see how good your railgun is at hitting things
sometimes it's more of a problem of you having bad aim rather than the gun itself

i know this cause i lag pretty badly so my saggit maxis 4 is pretty useless unless it's a giant map and im just sitting in the back where theres no one else to make me lag
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

Maxis Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxis Questions   Maxis Questions EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:08 am

Da_Box wrote:
So I just spent all my UCs to get a Maxis (I'm a cheapskate, so I'd never buy one with my money), and I'm not going to lie, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I get bots then I leave them as is, I don't know shit about tune-ups, and I figured Maxis would be fine with just the railgun but apparently that was a dumbshit move.

I don't know what to do with it, what should I do? (Apart from not sucking.)

Pretty much what I've been debating with myself. Go dual shield? Or take a cheap weapon to hit lnds, because I can't stop myself from shooting the lnds attacking my team mates, and using the railgun ends up being a waste of bullets most of the time (for me that is so).
Though if you have a nice aim and hit enough airs, by the time you run out of ammo, your score will be good enough to cover your cost and even stay on top 10 (most of the time and on 15vs15 rooms).

My build that I was going to tune tomorrow, was supposed to have 34tec (will have 36 later) and 35wlk, but no other weapons. Though if I feel like equipping something like a Handy zooka since it's cheap and still good hit everything with, I can just take out a shield, tune 1 or 2 new parts, and wait until I have protectors to get 38tec and 35wlk.

Though the problem that you might have, which I have, is that Maxis doesn't have short boost. So if you need to climb something, you will have to do it "manually", and dodge bullets with normal dash.

I think that some people get boost run? Though that really depends on how you play. (I for example don't like Boost Run on bots like Maxis.)

But, I think that as you get used to the bot, you also end up losing the constant necessity of having a secondary weapon.
Maxis is a pretty nice bot, but not easy to use nowadays.
Which makes me wonder: Is there any player that is good at using Maxis 1? Because I never heard of someone being known for that.

But basically, shoot airs, that's from where you get the most points, and your team might be happy for having someone making those enemy airs land right in the middle of your team.
Make him small and fast first, get both Enhance Internal Weapon carts, tune tec on the remaining slots, and you might want Broad Radar, so you know when to leave the place because a lnd is coming.
Oh, and don't use Great tunes. Just don't. They are no good.

I dunno how new or old are you to the game, but IMO, try to mess around with the bot for a while, so you get how it works and how you like to play it, then with all the opinions that you get, you will be able to do something good and enjoyable.

Even though I've been playing for a while, I'm still bad at it. XD (< there's a link, of me derping with Maxis that had a really bad build, and with only 1 tune. That's actually not so good gameplay video, but I dunno any others.)

Quote :
i know this cause i lag pretty badly so my saggit maxis 4 is pretty useless unless it's a giant map and im just sitting in the back where theres no one else to make me lag
IMO, Maxis 4 isn't as easy to aim with, since the projectile is slower, so you need to compensate on the aim.
Back to top Go down
Da_Box
Da_Box

Maxis Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxis Questions   Maxis Questions EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:34 am

Sorry for the wrong forum, and thanks for the answers as I now have a rough idea on how I should customize the big guy. To expand upon my situation I'm a triangle rank so I'm relatively new, I know almost nothing about tune-ups and what-not, but I know there's a place in the Grounds Area that'll help me with that. The reason I took Maxis is because a combination of a bad computer and a bad connection cause me to lag a lot, so using LND bots is out of the question because I end up teleporting, I figured I wouldn't have to move a lot using an ART like Maxis, the lag only gets in the way of my aim when I try to move around, so it's not a problem if I stand on a ledge all day.

Thanks for the answers again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maxis Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxis Questions   Maxis Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Maxis Questions
Page 1 of 1