Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saggitary Maxis

Go down 
+5
Nymph~
BNOISE
God is a Cat Girl
Fireflywater
Skyr
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

Male Posts : 280

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:01 am

Even though Maxis is a good sniper, he's dead when a air hovers over him and shoots. I have recently put on a howitzer on him because it shoots up so it can hit airs, but is it worth it's 90 cost?
My current build
【Robot Name】
Saggitary Maxis

【Parts】
BD: Saggitary Maxis BD
 WB: Sniping Unit
 LG: Katana Max LG
 HD: Saggitary Maxis HD
  HDAC: Taoyamenokazari
  FCAC: Monocle
 BS: Maril March BS
 AM: Accel Saber AM
  WP: Viper Shield
 AM: Howitzer AMJ
  AM: Accel Saber AM
   WP: Viper Shield

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 砲
SIZE: L
COST: 1180
CAPA: 1210
HP: 440
STR: 6
TEC: 25
WLK: 13
FLY: 11
TGH: 14

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×5
Enhance internal weapon×2
Beam Guard
Boost Run
Broad Radar

Also can broad radar also stealth system bots?
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:10 am

Hmm, uh, those stats are low for that cost, uh, I'd rearrange some parts here and there.
Howitzer is a completely ligament sub weapon that people keep overlooking. I don't know how that'll fair against close ranged AIRs though.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:43 am

I've recently junked my Maxis and started it over.
Since he's still below level 6, there's no boost run, so I sacrificed some stats, but ended up being mostly tec.

He looks like this:

Spoiler:

Note that the tuned BS is a junk part, that I couldn't tune enough slots, so it wasn't used where it was supposed to be.

I've been testing Howitzer on another art, but it's hard to say if it's good or not for now. Sometimes it's good, other times it isn't. But I don't use it at close range. :/

I dunno why, but sometimes on level 5 rooms, that's enough to get game warrior. O_O
I guess that both teams are terribad when it happens. XDDDD
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:14 am

The Howitzer does work with close ranged airs, but im just asking if it's really worth the 90 cost.
His BD already takes up more than half of his capa...
I don't think it's a good idea to take the viper shields off either.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:19 am

Skyr wrote:
The Howitzer does work with close ranged airs, but im just asking if it's really worth the 90 cost.
it's godly if you can't aim properly and need to hit things and need a subweapon
only draw back is it has low ammo Sad
but if you can aim properly, you probably won't need it cause your railgun does basically the same thing
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:41 am

howitzer have nice homming, at least for slow flying stuff, afaik it turn and start homming when the missile get near target and on circle / rectangle room it's pawn AIRs badly, not a bad UC alternatif
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:52 am

As a Saggi player, you simply need more movement stats
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:00 am

Yea i know, but I can't seem to find the capa for it.
I only howitzers when airs close as a last resort, so i don't need that much ammo
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:24 am

Howitzer is too costly for what it does IMO.

Maybe a bazooka would work for close AIRs?
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:03 am

ziix wrote:

hmm, this kind of zoka ?
Spoiler:
well, personally
i don't think there are much bots able to hold this "thing"
lol!
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:08 am

My two cents although I don't really own a Saggi. I feel it can apply to most ARTs.

Drop the Howitzer so you can free up the 90 capa for mobility. Mobility is the most important thing in this game. If an AIR is circle strafing you from above, with higher mobility you can get to your PS (if not already there), find cover, or use other teammates as meat shields.

The only things I can think of that would be able to strafe you would be Seraphs, AG's, or Shaden BS. All of which would be so fast it would render your howitzer near useless anyway.
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:20 am

I can hit seraphs easily when they are on top of me since the missiles goes straight to them.
All airs with over 25 fly can outrun me..... AGs kill me instantly
(Who uses airs that don't have 30 fly)
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:29 am

Skyr wrote:
I can hit seraphs easily when they are on top of me since the missiles goes straight to them.
Lvl 5 rooms
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:35 am

Nymph~ wrote:
ziix wrote:

hmm, this kind of zoka ?
Spoiler:
well, personally
i don't think there are much bots able to hold this "thing"
lol!

I meant a shop Steel Rider bazooka or a Handy Bazooka, but that works too if you can handle the costs.
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:04 am

I don't go to lvl 5 rooms....

Bazookas don't shoot up so they are useless. (Bots can't aim up completely)

The only other counters i can think of is loco's core weapon and amateus solar buster.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:29 am

BNOISE wrote:
Skyr wrote:
Lvl 5 rooms
me, that evil pot destroy half of my seraph slot, and I lost interest to tune her now
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:55 am

Yea, I hate tuning too.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:54 am

Before I had slapped dugdriver ams and gathima ams on my sagi, he toted around a titan zook.

AIRs that thought they could simply fly up to me so I couldn't aim with my railgun were soon flying away from 50-60 on hit damage.

Don't underestimate a zook. Just know when to start using it (around 200-300 range, when they're approaching you), and start keeping your distance.

If you can't, then that means you gotta tune more mobility stats.

Also, hafta ask, but do you play a tall or small sagi? If you play a tall one, you might want to forgo the whole "shoot over my teammates" in exchange to be a little more discreet.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:11 am

BNOISE wrote:
Skyr wrote:
Lvl 5 rooms

The airs that I use on those rooms are 30/32/35 fly. >_> And without tunes. >_>

I tested it today on my Maxis, and the Howitzer did worked against airs that were closer and above me. But I still can't let go of the Handy zook, which is better against certain airs, and I'd rather use it against a lnd that is close (too close) instead of the railgun. And though there aren't many, handy zook is really good against melee airs, since Howitzer will probably miss them (I happened to be attacked by a hellingal, he wasn't near the Howitzer, so the shots missed.).

You aren't using a bit that "follows" you, but when you do, sometimes the Howitzer will hit the bit if you are turning to the direction where the bit+Howitzer are. Though it doesn't happen that often.

The Howitzer seems to help localizing people as well, before the railgun locks at them.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:19 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
BNOISE wrote:
Skyr wrote:
Lvl 5 rooms

too mucho rt stuff and seraph crim stuff >.<
i get 33 fly on my seraph crim with 0 tunes

but in general, bots that aren't op'd and just basic when without tunes like mach knight, ghost raider, mach knight one etc etc.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:54 pm

BNOISE wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:
BNOISE wrote:
Lvl 5 rooms

too mucho rt stuff and seraph crim stuff >.<
i get 33 fly on my seraph crim with 0 tunes

but in general, bots that aren't op'd and just basic when without tunes like mach knight, ghost raider, mach knight one etc etc.

You rarely see those bots on the level 5 rooms. And even when you do, it's a circle that is lost and doesn't know his way to the circle rooms.
Most of the time, if they aren't RT bots, you might see Seraphs (oh of course), and sometimes an Izuna. Anything else is just rare (except a few gara bots of course).
But Seraphs and I think that Izuna's too, can reach 30fly without tunes.
Actually just tried it, and got 31 fly with Limited Plasma and Mini Zook, and with UC/Drop parts only. Zero tunes as well.

Maxis is actually a pretty good bot for level 5 rooms. With him you can get top 10 or even top 5 when there's the other versions on the room as well.
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:58 pm

I know zooks are good,but you need to away from the target to shoot since it will not shoot up and the airs will chase you.

Yea, my mobility sucks and I play small saggi
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Well, while doing something really fast, I'd mine kinda like this:
Spoiler:

But if I was to use Howitzer, then I'd something like this:

Spoiler:

I'd sacrifice the Broad Radar, and get more capa for a few more tunes.
I didn't calculated the speed all that much. But 25/6 boost run might not be all that bad.
There's still 15 capa free as well (there 5 capa from Autumn Earrings, but what I would be using is those weird glasses).

But in the end, it all comes down to the weapon of preference, since the stats are basically the same, only the weapon and capa (and broad radar in this case). With Howitzer you have 2 shields instead of one. So, yeah, it's preference. (I for example don't use Broad Radar as much. Unless I happen to have free capa for it).
Also, on the second build you can also sacrifice beam guard and 1 tune to get broad radar.

If you don't want to tune him, I can only say that you have to decide to either have tec or mobility. On mine I sacrificed tec for mobility, because even if I deal less damage, being able to last longer can also mean more chances of dealing more damage (shit happens, sometimes we die).
Also, on the tec X force graph, if you sacrifice a little bit of tec for mobility, it only goes down around 5 points. Which isn't so bad, since if you hit the air with howitzer and he gets stunned, you can back off really quickly and hit him again with the railgun (I did it today, it's pretty cool, but I doubt that I could pull it out everytime). It's like a combo. XD

Just experiment around. That's one of the main reasons why I junked my Maxis.

BTW, notice that on the builds that I posted I only did 2 tunes per part (max), and only 1 on the shield. Mostly because those parts can be obtained with 3s (without a single RT), so I'm already assuming that 1 slot is going to break (probably more, and will need more parts to do it so). And only 1 tune on the shield since the shop one only has 1s (I know you can get 3s on UC gara, but they seem to be harder to get comparing with the other parts, not to mention that they seem to drop less often than Accel from Lottos).
I also used accessories that have 1s for sure (on UC gara, but you can hunt for 1s Squidol Gear as alternative. And the glasses drop on arena at any time with 1s too sometimes)

UC cores and weapons might not be the best, but some parts are really awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saggitary Maxis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis   Saggitary Maxis Empty

Back to top Go down

Saggitary Maxis
Page 1 of 1