Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need help the game version is being stupid need help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
arrow336
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 4

need help the game version is being stupid need help Empty
PostSubject: need help the game version is being stupid need help   need help the game version is being stupid need help EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:25 am

okay plz people i need help the cosmic break launcher says i am playing the newest version but the login screen says its not and wont let me in the version i have is 0.68.0 did i do something wrong or is cosmic break just stupid i have tried on two computers (this one i got yesterday) i dont know what to do btw the single mode thing works fine but i need help with the version thingy for multplayer
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: need help the game version is being stupid need help   need help the game version is being stupid need help EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:59 am

Delete ARCHIVE_VERSIONS.MF on update\dists\META-INF.

Reupdate after.
Back to top Go down
arrow336
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: need help the game version is being stupid need help   need help the game version is being stupid need help EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 8:14 am

i did what you said but then got version 0.67.0 next time i opened the launcher/patcher it was back to 0.68.0 again
Back to top Go down
Kieran
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kieran

Male Posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: need help the game version is being stupid need help   need help the game version is being stupid need help EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 11:53 am

Yeah i got the same issue. i haven´t found a solution yet, i did send a suport ticket and the answer i got is this:

We're sorry, but we do not have enough information about the bug that you have
described to offer you a concrete solution.

If you have not already, please try reinstalling the game to the default directory,
which is "C:\CyberStep\CosmicBreak_eng". Also, make sure that you are logged into
a Windows account that has administrator privileges, otherwise the game may not
be able to update itself correctly.

We have also received reports that flushing your DNS cache may sometimes help solve
patch/update related problems. In order to flush your DNS cache, first open a
Command Prompt (press Windows Key + R, type "cmd" into the box, then hit enter).
Next, type in the following command and hit enter:

ipconfig /flushdns

There is a Bug Report community on the official Community site where you may
discuss bugs and technical problems with other users and the staff. If you haven't
already, please try looking through that community for any information that might
help you solve your problem.

The URL of the Bug Report community is:
http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_c_home&target_c_commu_id=50

Thank you in advance for your patience.

I tested the flush and another reinstal but i didnt help.
I did a search in the community site and yes there was a Topic regarding this, read it but the only thing i havent tried yet is the "ask a friend for a copy of there folder" or whatever it was.( lazy to quote the actualy post) problem is non of my friends i have connection to play anymore.
Back to top Go down
arrow336
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: need help the game version is being stupid need help   need help the game version is being stupid need help EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 8:23 pm

hmm well this seems problematic the post on the page that you linked me is dated 2011-06-30 aka a while back but i was unable to find any solution and i have no friends that are as in to gaming as me so getting a copy from them nada if only i could provide more details hm well im using windows 7 and downloaded the game in firefox pluss i have problems downloading the browser plugin in internet explorer and firefox i have not tried much more than that and i have re-installed the game about 5 times
Back to top Go down
Kieran
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kieran

Male Posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: need help the game version is being stupid need help   need help the game version is being stupid need help EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:01 am

arrow336 wrote:
hmm well this seems problematic the post on the page that you linked me is dated 2011-06-30 aka a while back but i was unable to find any solution and i have no friends that are as in to gaming as me so getting a copy from them nada if only i could provide more details hm well im using windows 7 and downloaded the game in firefox pluss i have problems downloading the browser plugin in internet explorer and firefox i have not tried much more than that and i have re-installed the game about 5 times

Im guessing you have been able to play befor right? well same here, this is actualy the first time i am having problems.
I go this after the latest update, hopefully it will magicaly fix itself by the next update.
Back to top Go down
arrow336
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: need help the game version is being stupid need help   need help the game version is being stupid need help EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 3:45 pm

um no i have not played before this happened but today it fixed itself so now i shall continue playing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help the game version is being stupid need help   need help the game version is being stupid need help Empty

Back to top Go down

need help the game version is being stupid need help
Page 1 of 1