Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...

Go down 
+6
Shaftronics
Aurum_Sol
Yokura
God is a Cat Girl
Rinrin
Zwiebel Force
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... Empty
PostSubject: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:45 am

So the Mega Garapon got me a Kuten instead of the Melfi/Sue-chan/Feng-Mei/Ah-chan/Elisalotte/Lolibox I wanted Evil or Very Mad

Well a lot of people tell me to be happy of getting such an semi OP laggylicious melee wonder but...well...you know...I suck at melee #em0

So my main question is: could Kuten become a gunner with enough tuning? Also: what about her BD? I really don't get what those dragon thingies are good for? And what type of damage do they deal?

Thanks in advance, especially on not hating me because I suck with Kuten Q_Q""""
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:06 pm

kuten actually isnt as OP or whatnot as everyone made her out to be.

1) kuten as gunner, not good.
2) the wind is nice for knocking things off the sky, but you technically cant move while shooting them, so i dont use em at all (excluding the blowback)
3) probably tec based.

main point: do not ever use kuten as a gunner.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Eeeeewwwww, so I consider her just as troll as Saggi IV - wait, he's actually useful .-.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:24 pm

saggi IV is lulzy. saggi I is bettah.
also id advice u to edit your favourite bot info before a mod warns you.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:51 pm

Rinrin wrote:
saggi IV is lulzy. saggi I is bettah.
also id advice u to edit your favourite bot info before a mod warns you.

Ty for all the info provided. I didn't think about the weird look w/o spaces.

What really is odd about saggi IV is that he's my first rail gun ever (I do have EVE-chan but...) and I do have more hits than misses with him (every1 says it'd take skill to do that o.O).

Ah btw: i tried to tec tune dat Kuten anyway (locked parts so sugoi o3o) and now it's like 13 (str is like 23 or such) = no difference in the dmg. It's either str or fixed dmg (the latter one was troll imo D:).
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:16 pm

And people still think that Eve uses a railgun? XDDD

BTW, are you testing against trees?
Because with such small change on Tec won't be that noticeable against other bots.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:17 pm

Kuten's Siyruu (HD attack) is str based.
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:58 pm

Yokura wrote:
Kuten's Siyruu (HD attack) is str based.

didnt play mine much, but it should also count as melee damage
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:20 pm

I seriously don't see what's wrong with Kuten having a melee weapon. Having a Handy Bazooka to open up some ranged/defensive options is PERFECTLY fine. It won't gimp Kuten in any single way.

You CAN make her a gunner, with melee as an option; People won't be expecting a rifle or pierce gun on a Kuten.

Its a perfectly viable build. Why not?

Saggi IV is less flexible than Kuten is in many, many ways. Both of them are useful in their own right. Lrn2play before making dismissive comments like that, please.

The thing about gunners, is that you don't -need- Tec as much as you need Str for melee. Focus on Mobility and you'll do just fine.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Get a scout rifle from berz and any LND bot can gun like that old spice commercial guy. Boy is he manly, sadly your kuten is not him. But she too, can be like him, if you start farming berzelius for a scouter rifle. I'm on a fizalivan.
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:47 pm

necrio wrote:
Get a scout rifle from berz and any LND bot can gun like that old spice commercial guy. Boy is he manly, sadly your kuten is not him. But she too, can be like him, if you start farming berzelius for a scouter rifle. I'm on a fizalivan.

I lol-ed. Just happened to watch that commerical yesterday too.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:59 pm

LOL. that commercial.

But yes, HD attack is str based and melee damage. This is the reason why you see dual buckler/fireflower/pompom kutens doing perfectly fine without a main weapon. because her HD attack is a good ranged weapon. AntiAnything.

If you are going to play as a hybrid gunner/melee, I would personally go for either handyzook or pierce gun. (Cause I personally like pierce gun, I don't actually think its quite worth the cost to put on a Kuten, but it's amusing) Handyzook would probably be best in terms of cost and anti-air utility.

Scouter/raid rifle are both solid guns and useful.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 11:02 pm

Scouter has some massive cost with a -4 str penalty. On a melee bot, trying to use it would be pretty difficult. If you feel the obsessive need to use a main weapon, Handy Magnum would be fine, assuming you can aim with it.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:15 pm

AGAIN my post was deleted for personal reasons. STOP deleting it.

handy zook at most is ok for knocking down airs.
and as trill said, handy magnum is fine. usable for farming and fighting.
pierce guns & most rifles are not recommended for a not so obvious reason. i'll let u figure out why #em1

i'll still recommend a pure melee build for an even more not so obvious reason.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Handy Mag (Mod is better, if you have one)
Handyzook
Beamgun (Mod)

(I've been playing with handy laser lately too. It's so amusing~ But I honestly can't tell if its any good)

Are generally all good choices due to the low cost. Kuten especially is quite pressed for cost. Assuming that you tune. If you're putting a main weapon on for farming, then you should probably reconsider your build. If you're not tuning, then feel free to add whatever weapon you wish until your capa is capped. or keep capa low, I dunno.

My Advice given is generally geared towards end-game-builds with all slots filled. So I apologize in advance if my advice isn't under the conditions that you were thinking of.

Most effective build will be no-main weapons. Why? Because Kuten already has an excellent ranged weapon and has no need for an extra main weapon. If you play better with a gun in your hand, all power to you. Theoretical and experimental are not the same.

When played melee-oriented with no main weapons, Kuten automatically has a sniper-sight-like effect since your target will not be alerted that you've targeted them. Adding a main weapon takes this advantage away instantly. You're not going to be -tuning- her into a gunner, with melee as backup. Nor Melee with a gun backup. You will most likely be building her into a hybrid, with no gun or melee priority, but both equally as important and swapped fluidly.

For this reason, it's supposed to be harder to play because it requires less autopilot, and more attention. Might also mention that Kuten is extremely flexible because of the fact that she comes with both a solid melee and ranged weapon. Which, I find is bullshit that it was also script as melee damage (is a good thing)

SlightlyOffTopic
Posts deleted? I don't think that's supposed to happen.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:10 am

Yokura wrote:
SlightlyOffTopic
Posts deleted? I don't think that's supposed to happen.
tis ok dont worry, i wasnt referring to u.
Back to top Go down
IAmTheGuy

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:12 pm

KUTEN <- main weapon...farming...why
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...   Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this... Empty

Back to top Go down

Kuten Jikun Long ~ I'm almost scared of asking this...
Page 1 of 1