Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Katalina BG questions

Go down 
+6
NotZetsubou
Aurum_Sol
fggt
mikuri
Mew
Squishy
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Katalina BG questions Empty
PostSubject: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:32 pm

ok...

Absolutlely love use'n this bot to the point where it is tune worthy in my eyes... and is really nice for epoch O when its the single PS on the hills (circle it/ side straife back and forth and unleash steal boost until someone picks you off) and just in general nice to get best jammer without use'n a nicole in arena and help out making airs fall/keeping arts and lands on the ground for teammates to pick off or solo myself with the steal boosts fast fire rate which seems to stun rather nicely.

wat i want to do, is soley use her steal boost wep and paste up a buckler x2. (once i get them... since berz hates me)

my question is more along the lines of tune'n, and making her Steal boost hit harder.

I was thinking of tuning straight TEC, since she is already at 29 fly and 11 tgh without tunes and i could slap some wings on to make it a little over 30, and with the side loop, its not really necessary to fly faster to be quite honest.

questions are... is the dmg tec based?(IE if i tune tec, will it hit for more dmg like most other weps, since its a internal wep, im not sure on this) will more tec give me more stolen boost? will more tec steal more boost from said person who is gettin trolled? is my use of solo steal boost as only wep with bucklers even viable?(im doing quite well with it even without the bucklers/viper shield, around 600-900 dmg a whole match if i dont die in 15v15 and almost always best jammer.. but not sure if ima lvl past lv5.. yes i know she has moving burst later... but i dont have wep arms or the extra rt arms to make a alpha build...)

just wanting to make sure what will actually happen if i go ahead and tune it... before i do and waste materials i could put on my other bots or tune this bot in a different direction. as it stands now... 14 tec, and its hitting anywehre from like 4-20 dmg, 20 being on lands really since its beam, but probably 10-15 as a median in arena dmg. ideally, what i want to do, is make that range more along the lines of like 10-30 or 12-35.

feel free to post thoughts as well on builds, im all ears. (since there isnt many topics on this chick who in my minds is very versatile, unique, and quite metagame viable)
Back to top Go down
Squishy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Squishy

Female Posts : 143

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:55 pm

38 fry furst
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:59 pm

Squishy wrote:
38 fry furst
- 38FLY First
- Then 11TGH or 16TGH
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:11 am

If you can dodge well might as well make it 11.

Or add Air Loop/Accel Roll.

By the way, what does her exclusive side boost do?
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:20 am

I have double Bucklers with double EIW with 40 fly, 16 TGH and currently 26 TEC.
I'm gonna get TEC as High as possible now with my slots left.

She's my favorite Air so far. But I replaced arms, put 2 boosters with quite good stats. She's now level 9... Getting 10 soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:23 am

her side boost is basically a dash in mid air to the side. a side dash. it completely fucks homing in the bum and makes people retarget to where you dashed, and then again when you fly away. its basically a lol you were fire'n missles at me? oh sorry about that side dash.

and again... her fly already now is 30 and 14 tgh without tunes since i put a diff BS on...

your not awnsering my questions at all...

ty mikuri,... for validating my ideas.. however, after tuning to 26 tec, was there a major difference in her boost steal DMG or stolen boost amount?

and yea, i put two tenitron arms, and a ace braver BS in the extra slot for more fly/tgh basically immediatly.

Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 2:03 am

38 fly and 16 tgh is easy to get wit her. I keep 1 AM since it's useful, 1 buckler and 1 mini zook.

Side boost is really good for dodge thought i still dont know if equipping roll/loop will override it.

EDIT: It will, so i will keep slide boost instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 4:28 am

based off of what im see'n on the tec chart, there is really no difference in the amount of dmg... 18 is a breakpoint, and the next one is like, 33 tec. (and the difference is one dmg)

so basically, with what i want to do... with double buck's... i came up with

18 tec, 16 tgh, 38 fly, with like a tune or two to spare. (again, at lv5, want to keep costs low)

that SHOULD maximize the dmg(without going nuts with tec and lose'n fly... and is a 1 dmg diff /sadpanda ), and highest fly w/ a good tgh.. i guess?

tell me if im wrong? thumbs up thumbs down?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 5:16 am

Business wrote:
at lv5, want to keep costs low
Cost doesn't matter if you're a good player.
The only time you should only keep a bot at lv5 is when you want to use it in a lv5 limited room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 5:24 am

LXE wrote:
Business wrote:
The only time you should only keep a bot at lv5 is when you want to use it in a lv5 limited room.

without frau, coil, or any other arms with wep's to make her a MB build bot, there is no reason for me to level her further, esp when i can basically max her stuff out at lv 5. (when i get to that 1-2 week period where all i do is berz/haku for mats)

but yes, im totally aware if your putting up numbers, cost aint a thang.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Business wrote:
LXE wrote:
Business wrote:

without frau, coil, or any other arms with wep's to make her a MB build bot, there is no reason for me to level her further, esp when i can basically max her stuff out at lv 5. (when i get to that 1-2 week period where all i do is berz/haku for mats)

yes, because keeping one of her shock applying high tough melee ams is not worth it
and good that you noticed right away how useless stealth system and broad radar are ... especially for this type of bot
Back to top Go down
NotZetsubou
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NotZetsubou

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:42 pm

what you should do on her arm

http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=2328&comment_count=3
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:59 pm

At least i know her AM is str...

Damn Aurum why u edited Mad
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 2:01 pm

tggt wrote:
At least i know her AM is str...

Damn Aurum why u edited :x

because i found it strange whats written in cosmi calc for the values i experienced and simply tested it, maybe i should tell koi that its incorrect in cosmi calc :)

edit: btw, i edited it before there where any replys :p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Business wrote:
LXE wrote:

yes, because keeping one of her shock applying high tough melee ams is not worth it
and good that you noticed right away how useless stealth system and broad radar are ... especially for this type of bot

as stated... without proper arms and really weapons since i have multiple other airs, and 2 other alphastrike MB airs at lv 7 right now, making a MB build is not possible right now. when/if i get those componants, i would be more than happy to place stealth or BR, and maybe both and level to 10. do not insult my int because im trying to do something with my bot that you would not.

and sorry that i dont melee with airs?

thanks for your input. sarcasm intended.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 4:18 pm

NotZetsubou wrote:
what you should do on her arm

http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=2328&comment_count=3

now that is a lovely idea... i just might do something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 4:26 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
good that you noticed right away how useless stealth system and broad radar are
Quote :
useless ... broad radar

Excuse me, what?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Arti wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:
good that you noticed right away how useless stealth system and broad radar are
Quote :
useless ... broad radar

Excuse me, what?

maybe you didnt notice the undertone of sarcasm and lol you loli business.

i sure did...

he can lick a rainbow.

... what... wanted to be a tad bit creative other than sayin.. well. you know.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Business wrote:

as stated... without proper arms and really weapons since i have multiple other airs, and 2 other alphastrike MB airs at lv 7 right now, making a MB build is not possible right now. when/if i get those componants, i would be more than happy to place stealth or BR, and maybe both and level to 10. do not insult my int because im trying to do something with my bot that you would not.

and sorry that i dont melee with airs?

thanks for your input. sarcasm intended.

Business wrote:

...just in general nice to get best jammer without use'n a nicole...

first, neither did i suggest MB nor Melee air - i suggested a harasser and a jamming weapon (that happens to be melee but comes in handy for shutting down enemy fatlands attacking your group or blocking certain airs abilitys (ag, baltheon, stovl)
second, im sorry for assuming you actually liked her jamming ability, which was the reason for suggesting to keep one of her ams
third, if i wanted to call you stupid, i would just do it

------------------------

i know that sarcasm isnt going well in written form but ... seriously arti ?
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:18 pm

I wouldnt suggest her AM's simply because their attack pushes you closer to the ground, which is rarely a good idea for an air. I'd suggest Crimrose AM, for size, looks, and +2 tec which is pretty decent enough. If you're going just corespam, I'm sure 2x internal would be decent enough. As for boosters, Beezle BS, Sword Wing BS, Mecha Jetter BS, Soljetter BS, and Pacifar BS are all good boosters I've seen. Not taking her past level 5 is fine, but keep in mind your lack of advanced mobility carts will cripple you in a fight against a skilled player. Float Dash, or shortboost(if she has this) are both great cartridgs for airs as they let you continue moving if grounded, instead of having to awkardly re-ascend, whch is difficult when you'd normally be under fire in such a situation to begin with.

You could probably get 38 fly 25ish tec with both internals at level 5, but would not leave much room for other cartridges if you did ever level her past 5. Just made a build in cosmicalc with 38 fly, 28 tec, and 16 TGH a level 5. You could then level her up and get Float Dash, Stun Regain, and Broad Radar keeping those stats and going to level 10 with her. Parts being Crimrose AM, and Sword Wing BS
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:59 pm

Hit a tec breakpoint for her 4 force core
Back to top Go down
Reversal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Reversal

Male Posts : 245

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Katalina is so terribly good
She is perfect for Haku. With default parts and equipped with a shotgun and a 3 way, she can take on Haku by herself.
Her being a FLY type means travelling is easy. Alpha striking with the Steal Boost and Shotgun is strong enough to easily take down Drain or Fire Haku. Her Shock Claws are a melee option against shield Haku. 3 ways can be used to take down all the others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:11 am

xzpwnz wrote:
Hit a tec breakpoint for her 4 force core

i touched on this. 18 is the breakpoint after 4 to goto 5. 6 is at 30something.

@sol... i havent nothing further to say to you. honestly.

@reversal, interesting concept, however, i have commando's set for haku, nothing fancy, but bots specifically aimed at it. Smile

@trill, solid points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG questions   Katalina BG questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Katalina BG questions
Page 1 of 1