Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Katalina BG or NEXT?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

Katalina BG or NEXT? Empty
PostSubject: Katalina BG or NEXT?   Katalina BG or NEXT? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 6:39 pm

So I got some rt from my video spamming spree and I rolled last week's weekly and landed with NEXT... Least I got an AIR bot :S I wanted Tao more >.>

So after some deliberation and some thinking, while I wanted a MLG-esque bot (and NEXT is a nice fit), I don't know if I'm comfortable playing a bot with retarded amounts of aiming DESPITE it being a charging weapon (man those weapons I remember were so annoying to aim with.. I gave it a test shot here and really all I had to do was face the guy properly and it'd hit, WTF IS WITH THAT?).

So I thought instead about the Katalina that's currently in the shop (the vanilla one), and I remember her being a nice MB build for harassing airs as a dual mini zook + internal.. .then again that was a while ago so is that feasible? I wanted the AIR bot I built next to be versatile in targets (ish, mainly LND of course, but if it was safe to chase airs, I would totally want to :S) and to be a little gimmicky; I'm okay with dealing with air sway as my gimmick lol so it fits a bit.

So is it worth to get that vanilla kat (and suffer a bit of lacking slots?) for that mb build, or is it just best to go dual buckler core spamming NEXT? .-. I don't want to waste 70 rt I could probably try for Mega Gara again for some new bots or something >.> (maybe even weekly for mellow/heart.....)
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG or NEXT?   Katalina BG or NEXT? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Yeah NEXT autoaims hard for you. It's pretty pitiful easyplay.

Kobrakai had an alpha build like that once before.

I'm not an amazing builder but you can get 40tec / 31fly relatively easily. Could keep str for prop bits if you wanted, but tec might be slightly lower and she already has her main to keep her afloat anyways.

Vanilla Kat can really run either dual buckler or moving burst, really, even with 2s. She's also the basis of a really silly build, but thankfully not many use it right.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG or NEXT?   Katalina BG or NEXT? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 7:40 pm

I should point out that Tao aims more for you than Next does, so if you feel bad about playing the latter I'm not sure why you're shooting for the former (hell, Next is technically better for being reliable against things that fly too).

I think Kata BG in general is overrated in our community. Boost steal is nice but people act like that 4 force DBMG wannabe is somehow straight-up more powerful than a weapon head and an actually-damage-oriented core like Tonitrus/Air Raider. The build in question does work though, if you're that interested in it.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG or NEXT?   Katalina BG or NEXT? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:08 pm

I realized that bit about Tao but she has the tornado that I feel should be better used than how I see used in arena now, and that was what I was really interested in..

I'm not sure if Kata BG is overrated (I thinks he's a very nice bot with cap and whatnot), but I agree her core is lackluster, which is why I question its reliability in terms of damage, usefulness, etc. But good to know the build works.

The thing is if I wanted dual mini zook normal kata, my only real target for damage are other AIRs :/ Which is kind of annoying because it seems every AIR player these days has accel roll/air loop now >.> Much harder to pin down with zook fire it feels...

And oddly enough after all the rolling I've ever done in my accounts, I've never was able to get air raider lol. My original alpha was a XX raptor (yes that's how poor man build it was). Don't know who Tonitrus is .-.

Maybe I stick to NEXT after all >> And maybe find something to MB with her charge up main.. Maybe Garula AMs..
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG or NEXT?   Katalina BG or NEXT? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Tonitrus is one of the best alpha cores. Think Pacifar in terms of cart selection (MB, all three hop carts) but with an internal weapon.

NEXT isn't a good idea to alpha with ;_;
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG or NEXT?   Katalina BG or NEXT? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Tonitrus sounds delicious.

And aw....
So much for something different with that .-.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katalina BG or NEXT?   Katalina BG or NEXT? Empty

Back to top Go down

Katalina BG or NEXT?
Page 1 of 1