Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduction to LNDs?

Go down 
+5
Arti
Mew
Shaftronics
FireKiller87
tehprognoob
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

Introduction to LNDs? Empty
PostSubject: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 5:36 pm

I've never used really heavy-melee LNDs before, so I'd like to try because it seems fun.

Any UC/low-Rt melee moebots I can try? I can't hit jackshit with my melee, and my Jikun doesn't have the lag she needs. Besides, I still need to learn how to catch fast-moving people with melee.

Suggestions? I can handle a few Rt but not much. I'm looking at Misty in the shop right now...
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:36 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
I've never used really heavy-melee LNDs before, so I'd like to try because it seems fun.

Any UC/low-Rt melee moebots I can try? I can't hit jackshit with my melee, and my Jikun doesn't have the lag she needs. Besides, I still need to learn how to catch fast-moving people with melee.

Suggestions? I can handle a few Rt but not much. I'm looking at Misty in the shop right now...

I need to introduce you to Kitouski. He will show you THE ART OF NONLAGGY JIKUN.
DUN DUN DUN

Anyway...Red Squealer is a viable option, as well as non-laggy Jikun. Red Squealer AM is your go-to melee for M or L size bots, usually. Shop melee weps suck balls, so don't even go there.

I prefer using a Jikun because you can run in, let loose a couple of Rush Kicks, and run away before you get buttraped by six Airs coming to ruin your fun. Jikun Long is especially fun to use because her style of melee attack(kick twice, then backflip and launch target airborne) makes it easy to quickly proceed from target to target, dealing a good amount of damage in a shorter amount of time. W-Tackle is nice for confusing enemies and doing damage, but is imo a gimmicky weapon that doesn't do well once people figure it out. The same deal goes for lagkun, which is why I prefer not to use that.

Btw, Misty's usually played as hopping gunner, not straight-up melee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:49 pm

ZSG + Reaper Scythe + Buckler = Win.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:03 pm

There's nothing wrong with a High-walk Jikun with a Handy Bazooka or a good ranged weapon on it. Flandryll did very well on an alt by just using a Jikun Long with magnums. It all comes down to opportunity. Melee LNDs that rely on skill need to seek opportunity and take it whenever it presents itself, balancing risk and gains.

Its something that even I can't grasp that effectively, but then again, I'm a gunner first, and the melee is just a welcome option when opportunity presents itself.

Last edited by Shaftronics on Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:05 pm

@LXE Nah, too much Rt involved.
Is Kamui Staff good or crap? I have one, and I can probably get another as I grind Haku.

And yea, I can see why Misty is good for hopping. The mist field thing makes her hard to fight in a ranged shootoff.

So, Jikun Long with Combat Mag+Shield/Bazooka?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:11 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
Is Kamui Staff good or crap? I have one, and I can probably get another as I grind Haku.
100RT
You get 50RT a month, and there's another 50RT if you spam Arena.

There's your 100RT, or did you spend it on Garapon?
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Lagkun (Double viper or double buckler.)
Lag Squealer (Double Viper)
ZSG + Scythe/Kamui + Buckler/Range Weapon of Choice (Mag/Scouter/Whatever top tier UC lnd weapons.)
Accel Saber + Squealer AMs (I think 0z used to beat me up with this.)

Don't even try to melee with Misty. It's terrible. Mist will slow you down so badly.

I really can't think of much stuff for UC players.

Someone can add on for me.

I play mostly RT. (Yes, I know it's sad.)
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:15 pm

LXE wrote:
tehprognoob wrote:
100RT
You get 50RT a month, and there's another 50RT if you spam Arena.

There's your 100RT, or did you spend it on Garapon?

What 50 Rt a month 0_o
Ain't never gotten 50 Rt a month.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:15 pm

UC -> RT.

Grind moar matches.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Okay, so I've been testing Jikun+Combat Mag+Viper shield and I think I like it.

Are those non-alpha tunes good? They don't penalize for tuning in one specific area.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:45 pm

High Beta are usually what everyone uses.

But, do what you want.

I don't use Alpha or Gamma.
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:12 pm

High ___ Alpha and High ____ Beta are good. Usually. Depends on what stats you want to be good OTHER than the one in question you're tuning.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks for the new info.

I actually might consider trying some alpha tunes.
Back to top Go down
Rathmana
Rathmana

Male Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:08 pm

Well, I don't do melee much, and I'm not exactly offering anything all that new, but...

I've been using a Jikun Long with a Handy Bazooka and Viper Shield (don't have a Buckler yet) with relative success. Find a lone target, kick 'em up in the air, zook 'em until they fall back down, repeat until dead (them if you know what you're doing, you if you're like me). (What I'd give to have Broad Radar for this...c'mon, last three rolls I'll ever get before Mega Garapon disappears, gimme MBG/Elisa/Kuten!)
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:07 am

Using a Jikun with Combat Mag and Viper right now. Is it worse than Buckler? I got 1 buckler and 9 Viper shields, 4 of which are 3-Slot. I'm guessing Enhance Int doesn't help the kick though. Kicks...I wish I could get them to do the DMG I see from Rt-weapons Q_Q but I'm dreaming.

Anyways, if I were to get a ZSG, she'd be good for both melee and hopping, depending on needs?
Back to top Go down
Rathmana
Rathmana

Male Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:52 am

From what I understand, Viper Shield and Buckler defend the same amount of space and damage, but Buckler doesn't cost as much. So in terms of cost, yeah, Buckler is better, but in every other way, I believe they're the same (with the obvious exception of Viper Shield being easier to get).

You guess right about EIW and the kicks. Since those kicks are the leg's sub-weapon, EIW won't affect them.

I'll leave the subject of ZSG to others, as I haven't made any real use of her yet.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Okay, so here's what I can think of:

Spoiler:

No tunes yet. I would put on Moving Burst if I ever feel like I need a hop gunner in her as well. Thoughts?
I choose this because I have all of the mats save for a ZSG.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:02 pm

MB on a hop gunner is somewhat pointless. You should be able to alpha while in the animation of a hop. Which is what my Renny does.

The only stuff you really need for ZSG is Capa, EIW, Blast, Hop OR Boost Run (Maybe both. I'm a hopper melee though.)

Also, a scythe is much better. But, Kamui should work.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:32 pm

Eh, the way I shoot is I dash sideways and pelt. Think SDGO's Freedom side shoot if you're the same Mew from ggFTW. So I will need movement burst.
By scyth, it's the Reaper Scythe for 30 Rt in the shop that I'll want, right?
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:39 pm

I am not that Mew. In fact I am surprised you do not know who I am considering I have the same signature on both forums.

But, yes that is the scythe you want.
Back to top Go down
IAmTheGuy

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Melee sucks. There is no good uc/low rt option.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Kamui, Reaper Scythe says hi
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 5:49 pm

Fizaliven boost run hopper with Red Squealer AM's and Bucklers Razz

Play like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP6GgqUj5yA

BLODIA!
Back to top Go down
IAmTheGuy

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:51 am

Retrias wrote:
Kamui, Reaper Scythe says hi

IAmTheGuy wrote:
Melee sucks. There is no good uc/low rt option.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:11 am

RS am, DROPS
Kamui DROPS
Scythe SHOP RT

you are saying?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction to LNDs?   Introduction to LNDs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction to LNDs?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next