Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breakpoints for different groups (LNDs, AIRs, etc.)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hyorinryu
hyorinryu

Breakpoints for different groups (LNDs, AIRs, etc.) Empty
PostSubject: Breakpoints for different groups (LNDs, AIRs, etc.)   Breakpoints for different groups (LNDs, AIRs, etc.) EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:57 pm

The break point topic made me wonder. Do the different groups have different breakpoints, specifically for Walk and FLY? When people tune ARTs they say stop in the early 30s, while AIRs go for 38/40.

Also brings me to my next question. How do the movement bonuses of LND and AIR translate to ingame. If an ART/SUP has the same WLK/FLY as them, they will be slower than the LND/AIR, or do the LND/AIR posess breakpoints that ARTs and SUP don't have. Main reason I ask is because I would like to know at which point I should stop tuning my Lily's FLY.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Breakpoints for different groups (LNDs, AIRs, etc.)   Breakpoints for different groups (LNDs, AIRs, etc.) EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Breakpoints don't change as far as I'm aware. Land simply moves faster than other types on land.

All types have the same flight speed, airs just fly longer (and so do arts, though not nearly as significantly). Lands and supports can fly for 3 seconds, arts for 4, and airs for 10. Boost run lasts 2.5 times as long as flight for each type.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Breakpoints for different groups (LNDs, AIRs, etc.)   Breakpoints for different groups (LNDs, AIRs, etc.) EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:10 pm

Stop at 30 so you can tune for tech.
The main difference is that air units have a boost bar that goes on for more than 2x the boost that you get from your lily.
So basically they almost never have to land.
You really only need fly on your lily to allow you to float dash around the map and to dodge shots and charging melee.
You shouldn't be constantly holding onto the spacebar and shooting at things below you from above.
If you are you should just play an air unit.
If you want to shoot at things below you, find a ledge and just dock there and dont move for the rest of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breakpoints for different groups (LNDs, AIRs, etc.)   Breakpoints for different groups (LNDs, AIRs, etc.) Empty

Back to top Go down

Breakpoints for different groups (LNDs, AIRs, etc.)
Page 1 of 1