Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?

Go down 
+12
mechaRev
Charz
Irvinning
Maelstrom
AhegaoMaster
aosepsa
uiso
Isdelft
Zwiebel Force
Astral_Dono
Winty
Fleur
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Fleur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fleur

Female Posts : 822

Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? Empty
PostSubject: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptySun May 24, 2015 11:28 am

SUP is my favorite robot type.

I really like the whole "help your team with heals/support so they'll win" concept.

But noob ivis/eris/sylvias are always an issue.

Im not talking about the average LND user, im talking about the ones that specifically and only aim for easy targets, aka SUPs. Eris/Ivis/Sylvias that follow me through the entire map (thanks to my SUPs having boost run) even if i have 400+ HP. That's not an exaggeration, i have to run through the entire map with an ivis/eris/sylvia following me.

They literally won't stop until they kill me. But only as a SUP, when i fight them with other LND they run away even if they have lots of HP.

Is there any realistic dissuasive measure i can take as a human-robot/S size SUP robot?

Im not talking about something to kill LNDs, a weapon (that is not ultra-difficult to get) that will make other LNDs desist from following me as a SUP.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptySun May 24, 2015 12:17 pm

TLS bind gun is really the only option for weapons
other than that, it's simply not being a target.
Back to top Go down
Fleur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fleur

Female Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptySun May 24, 2015 12:23 pm

Winty wrote:
TLS bind gun is really the only option for weapons

Im going to guess that's not a shop weapon? Can't find it, even in the RT weapon section.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptySun May 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Float dash + 38 FLY + Eco Boost on the Boost Drive is a must on any SUP if you want to avoid melees. TLS is a good bonus against non-warping ones.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptySun May 24, 2015 1:26 pm

Iirc shock zook is in shop. Idk. Nutz Bomb has a shock dealing BS and is UC (I think). And yeah, I'd try staying the fuck out of the fray with a high priority targt such as a on demand healer.
Back to top Go down
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Isdelft

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptySun May 24, 2015 4:24 pm

yo! do you think you are only one that like that concept?
Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? 2039ab25a1c5dd56f9e99a7856836ee8f87569c0f708436d4e7ca091544f9afd
this is only advice for you
Back to top Go down
uiso
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
uiso

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptySun May 24, 2015 4:25 pm

I run/tank/spear the hell out of lnds with my trinita and her shock bazooka or pull of death with my regina and her shock bazooka. Basically you need shock weps including the ability to run away.
Back to top Go down
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!
aosepsa

Male Posts : 1595

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptySun May 24, 2015 4:41 pm

there is none, DIE
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Female Posts : 3335

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptySun May 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Razz I recommend putting armor drive on your supports, last stand is useful.
Are you staying close to team? you make it sound as if you're like alone on some part of the map and random melee comes and finds you haha.
I'm not sure if you're using bubble healers or basic medics like melfi/regina/etc.
If you're going as a basic support, shock bazooka and TLS gun is good indeed, you could also be like almost everyone else and put a volt BS on your trintia/buff/etc.
Things like jet accel's are useful too, I guess just stay near your team mates, they should be able to attack enemy melee's once you request help and such.

Oh, if you're going to consider putting armor drive on your supports, I recommend getting the following:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Princess Nana on Sun May 24, 2015 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptySun May 24, 2015 9:28 pm

Just remember to never take Ablative Plate on your supports if you are going with armor drive :v
Back to top Go down
Irvinning
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Irvinning

Male Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptySun May 24, 2015 10:35 pm

If you can't change the AMs, the only thing you can easily get is the Nutz Bombirisu BS as Zwie said. I checked and didn't see shock zooks at shop, but I could be blind.
Having a high fly can be better as you can get to higher places easily, but only for quick escapes, since you need to land to recharge boost all the time. Going walk might not be a very good idea unless you get like Pink tier boostrun to (maybe) outrun them, as I've heard Pink tier boostrun for SUP is around Red tier for LND.
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptySun May 24, 2015 10:51 pm

The boost run efficiency is exactly 1 tier higher for LNDs than other types...
Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

Male Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptyMon May 25, 2015 2:43 pm

ever heard the term it is better to be safe than sorry ?

the same apply for your complain about being chased by lands the best thing to do is not allowing them to spot you without your team mates in the first place

the how your sup bot function is what governs your play style does your bot require you to sit on your ass to support like the musicians or it can spew heal bubbles while moving from place to another like Trinitia and buff devastator or does it have some offensive weapons to attack with while shooting heals and buffs like Amy or Melfi

once you made your choice try to craft survival strategies based on your bot mobility and  offensive or defensive capabilities like shock zooka and the TLS gun if they are available to you utilizing board radar is also a bonus because it enhance your surroundings awareness

unless you have weapons from the shock category slapped on your sups you will have hard time escaping from those pesky melee lands they will keep on chasing you forever the only way to get rid of this is to make some of your team mates attack them and hope they get distracted

normally when you escape you don`t escape to random locations but to your team itself to the base under the power spot because there is where the melee fag will likely to get showered with bullets

but sadly the team game play in CB is shity most of the matches compose of unbalanced teams steamrolling is a common practice and in this kind of environment you can`t rely on your team to survive but rather your own bot abilities if you tried to rely on teams they will left you to die      

from my experience melee rushers are not the only thing that makes your life hard while paying sups  biker moes can be a nightmare to sups

the bikers are at there best just harassers with high speed any non sup bot that can shoot and move have no problems against them or you can ignore it but they can be really annoying for heal groups they interrupt your actions and deal damage to you to continuously because they move at a really very high speed so sup players dubbed them Ninjas

tdlr melee rushers can`t be dealt with by just normal escaping you need to lure him into a trap or your team mates or die
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptyMon May 25, 2015 3:50 pm

Offense is the best defence
grab a mega beam gun or a paralyzer and make them fear you
or die trying
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptyMon May 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Whoops, shoc zook is gara only. Sorry ♪

You could try getting Bugsycait Booms shock tonfa. People say it's cool. I only got geso whips and Racla parts.

Paralyzer is fatter than a pot of butter ):
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptyMon May 25, 2015 7:17 pm

You'll eventually find out melee LNDs are the least of your issues since there's countermeasures against them.
Gunner LNDs are what you should fear since there's no SUP weapon capable of stopping them aside from Medicarest's Jam Bullet arrows.
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptyMon May 25, 2015 7:27 pm

As an melee user, I can say that these Bugsycait shock weapons are anoying
and it works well...

Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 7:55 pm

Gotta Go Fast!:
Back to top Go down
duckov
Anime Addict
duckov

Male Posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 2:39 pm

Why dont u just accept the fate and take mah SWORD Razz
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Duckov
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Male Posts : 386

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Halexander wrote:
Gotta Go Fast!:

Wait, why do you have both Float Dash and Boost Run? scratch
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 10:24 pm

to go fast.
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptyFri May 29, 2015 3:57 pm

Skulkraken wrote:
Halexander wrote:
Gotta Go Fast!:

Wait, why do you have both Float Dash and Boost Run? scratch

Even this high boost run isn't fast enough to get away from all melees, esp if they are glad tuned. Float dash on 35/34 is blazing fast, and is also useful for repositioning since knight is close range. Eco boostrun makes boost management easier.
Back to top Go down
SeinaruAverra
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? EmptyFri May 29, 2015 10:39 pm

Alright, I primarily Play Support and I see this all the time because they don't give.

UC/Easily Obtained Options:

Play as Winberrl
Paralyzer/Stun Gun
The Elctroshield booster/AM from that one mech...
Beam Weaponry.
Snail Bomb/Weapons that Slow.

Gara Options

TLS Binder
Winberrl AM's
Shock/Freeze Bazooka. The Freeze one is Especially Nasty as TGH doesn't effect the Freeze Chance unlike for Shock/Stun.
Raijin Sword.
Many Tesla Coil AM's
Beam Weaponry.
Synoris BS.

With The Ivis Army, most of them have the Long Cool down on their Chain Guard so Rapid or Long Firing weapons of the sort typically work better against her. Especially the Bind Guns as she can't easily remove them.

Eris is the tricky one. Broad Radar is your friend against her, since she still appears on Radar with it, however, you need to know what direction she is coming from before you unleash weaponry in said direction. TLS Binder, Winberrl AM's ruin her ability to Gank, While stuff such as the Synoris Booster knock her up and reveal her for your team to counter gank.

Sylvia has this nasty ability to destroy bullets, Especially in her Valentine Form, So the best thing is to knock up with the Synoris Booster, followed by Freeze/stun Zooka, Bind Weaponry, Or Even Snail Bombs, which most of the time they will walk into and slow themselves, preventing boost run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?   Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP? Empty

Back to top Go down

Defense against noob LNDs as a SUP?
Page 1 of 1