Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait Empty
PostSubject: Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait   Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:22 pm

So you want to be able to defend your team mates, optionally heal them, literally decimate and dominate Ouka and at the same time be able to do moderate damage to the opposing team all while having mid bot stats right off the bat? Well you've come to the right place! Introducing *drum rolls*...

Bugsycait

That's right, a medium support bot with a serious bite. Don't get me wrong, you should change out some parts when you can, but right when you buy it, it's pretty good. I will explain more about this bot and then give out some tips on how to use it properly. Note the garapon version of this bot is not the same thing.

-Default Stats:
Cost: 800/890
HP: 380
Str: 14
Tec: 16
Wlk: 17
Fly:9
Tgh: 18

-Stat Review:
As you can see, by default the three main stats are tech, walk and toughness. The secondary stat is strength while fly is not that important. The best stat tune ups in my opinion are boosting up tech and walk or tech and toughness, maybe all three. You can also boost strength instead of tech if you plan on using melee weapons, which can be useful if you boost it high enough. However, my personal build revolves around using a bazooka, which has been proven to be very effective in Japan CB as I have been getting top 5 with it.

-My Build:
First thing is first, you want to put on a handy bazooka and a shield. After which, you can try replacing body parts if you have any better ones that will boost the important stats that were talked about above. Don't get rid of the arm with a sub weapon! Some people say they like using the booster but I replaced mine with better stats and less cost. I found the shield booster to be useless and costly.

-Bugsycait And You:
The most important part of this bot is the sub weapon which can be found on the left arm (by default). This arm generates moderate sized shields that block most attacks, deal minor damage and most importantly, disables sub weapons of enemy bots who touch the shields for a short time. Your most important roll is to take down melee bots such as Ouka and Byne. When they try rushing into you or other team mates, setup a shield in front of them and let them run into it. You will notice they will most of the time start running around doing nothing or try to stand next to someone and do nothing. The best part about your ability is that most people don't realize you used it on them. The only thing a melee bot can do is use any primary weapons they have or run away as fast as they can until the sub stun runs out. Those who stick around you and your team most likely don't realize they are now helpless. Once you disable their sub weapons, unleash your handy bazooka upon them until they die or try to run away after it is to late and THEN die. Just remember, your stun is on a timer. Be sure to hit them with your shield every so often so they are not able to get even one hit in on you or your mates. Also try to remember that your shield is running on ammo and will run out soon enough. Try to not use it unless it is on melee bots you know are about to destroy your entire team (Ouka and Byne). Also, just because it blocks most ranged weapons does not mean you should use it to do so. It is ok to every so often if you are protecting your team mate who is close to dieing or simply blocking a full barrage of an art. If that happens, spam shield until his full on attack is finished with on cool down and then RUN AWAY. Also try not to use your shield as a sword. It does do damage, but not enough for it to be a melee weapon. You want to save as much of it as you can so you can disable hardcore melee bots when they come rushing in... And they will come rushing in sooner or later. If you place on a heal bit, your second job is to heal team mates. Of course you'll need to do some damage to charge your WB gauge. The best way to do this is by killing trees or other things that will drop power ups and heals. You might even find a WB charge that will allow you to use your bit after using the item you find. Alternatively you can simply tell your team mates in team chat that you are a healer and require a WB item if they have them. The best place to heal is behind the lines so that enemies do not kill off people trying to heal, or kill off you or the bit. Also, just because you are support does not mean you can not be aggressive. With a shield and handy bazooka you can easily join your mates on the front lines and deal some damage. But just remember, first thing is fist, disable those melee rushers and heal your mates if you get heal bits. By the way, if you are able to get TWO arms with the shield, use both of them. This will double your ammo and thus allow you to use your sub ability more often without having to worry about the ammo as much. Also try to remember that the bot is M, thus you will be able to place on small legs if you wish to shrink the bot down, thus making you a harder target to hit. Being small also might attack melee rushers to you as small bots are normally weak... But little do they know, you have a secret under your sleeve. The more the better if you can look weak and helpless to melee bots, that way they come right into your trap and you can kill them with ease.

-Alternative Playstyle:
I have not tried this out, but it seems possible. Instead of a bazooka and shield, try to use a sword and shield or two swords. Note, this way you will be able to kill off other melee bots when they rush into your teams area, but you will not be able to rush into enemy lines like a Byne until you boost up your tgh. You will still be more about defense rather than offense. The most important thing about this bot will always be the arm and being able to use it to make melee bots useless.

-Overall Review:
This is by far the best most versatile support bot you can get in the game in my opinion. Before I bought it, I kept getting raped by Oukas and Bynes and other hardcore melee bots. But now I do the rapeing. Have fun with this bot, I know I have. Getting top 5 in Japan CB says it all. Killing the annoying melee rushers and farming points from healing is the way to go. Just note, I hear that Ivis using her abilities is not effected by the stun. I have not confirmed this, but it should be important to remember when you see an Ivis. Feel free to play around with this bot as you wish. You are not required to follow this guide, but my build has been proven to work. Even against Japanese players running Ouka.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait   Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:58 pm

Nothing says satisfaction like depriving melee gods of their ability to do melee via shock therapy.

OK, Ouka has Slash, but what good does that attack do?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait   Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:35 am

If you happen to have Bugsycait BOOM, try putting shock tonfa on one side to fight the land units and then equip the shock shield on the other side to block incoming artillery bullets.

I use a shield shotgun and a viper shield, along with Field Barrier LGJ to block off things.

My build for bugsycait might change though.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait   Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:06 pm

I've got the Garapon 'Boom' version of Bugsy, and assuming you can get the 1st melee hit in, you'll light up Ivis and Ouka users like a Christmas tree; deprived of their melee options, both will turn tail and run far more often than not! Very Happy

Definately agree with it being the most versatile SUP 'bot out there at the moment....
Back to top Go down
BARILLIAN
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait   Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:17 pm

Guide to Bugsycait

1. Short Boost
2. Quick Landing
3. Bazookas
4. HOP HOP HOP HOP HOP HOP HOP HOP HOP HOP
5. You can heal once in a while if you want to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait   Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait Empty

Back to top Go down

Guide To Properly Using Bugsycait
Page 1 of 1