Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rail gun mechanics are wtf really

Go down 
+18
fggt
DavidRain
Priskern
Malphes
Klinkin
FreedomFighter
IronDicks
Nilla
God is a Cat Girl
Intet
Courius
Fireflywater
syllpher
-VB-
Kurt
AlkaidStar
Puddin'
boytitan2
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  Empty
PostSubject: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 6:08 am

Due to lag i now miss 80% of my shots with maxis 3 but with the new achi wat ever his name is that m sized rail gunner in weekly gara i can make 90% of my shots with. And maxis 4 will have shots that are dead on but hit for 4 dmg. Wile I notice maily users can hit for high dmg on all types. Genbu also has 100% accuracy damn near. And Im talking bout his first shot.

What the fuck is going on ??. Especially since on paper aside from linear cannon mod maxis 3 rail gun has the best stats.
Back to top Go down
Puddin'
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Puddin'

Female Posts : 345

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:06 am

You just bad bro.
Back to top Go down
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
AlkaidStar

Male Posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:16 am

Puddin' wrote:
You just bad bro.

EPIC
Back to top Go down
http://www.alkanidraw.blogspot.com
Kurt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kurt

Male Posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:27 am

Titty was always bad with aiming. I remember its attempts to shoot on Youtube.

Рукожопие неизлечимо.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:04 am

Puddin' wrote:
You just bad bro.

Um Why do i land with achishiban or wat ever the hell his name is genbu and linear cannons ??

Actualy I dont even use genbu right and land with him more than any of my maxis.
Back to top Go down
-VB-
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
-VB-

Male Posts : 172

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:23 am

Come on Bro , just admit that auto aim ruined your hand, or ask your internet.......lagging never good for railgun Embarassed
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Recorded gameplay of me uploading later.

And what I was trying to say is why do some rail guns hit easier than other when stat ise maxis 3 is the best ??. But not the case when it comes to performance.
Back to top Go down
syllpher
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
syllpher

Male Posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:49 pm

as much as i hate to admit it but BT iz right, lag is making various hits not registering. Pointblank mialy shot to a vanguard axer and no damage,no, he was not attacking, just standing.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Reminds me of the time I landed a direct-hit on an Aquila Girl with Linear Cannon. Because of Hypershot, I landed another one right on. Large explosion suggested it hits. No damage. Whyyyyy.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:29 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
with the new achi wat ever his name is that m sized rail gunner in weekly gara i can make 90% of my shots with.

achtseiben Railgun have piercing effect, mean it ignore your allies like beam rifle/ABR, make it easier to shoot from crowd without worry it gonna stuck on random fat friend...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Someone else posted a video in the community forum of them sniping with a linear cannon and hitting people, but the shots not registering due to the fact the threshold has been reset to 500ms. Now how viable sniping units are depends on who you'll be shooting at.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:41 pm

Meeh At least I can snipe all day in sdgo and fps games like a boss Cool Cool.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:27 pm

Intet wrote:
Someone else posted a video in the community forum of them sniping with a linear cannon and hitting people, but the shots not registering due to the fact the threshold has been reset to 500ms. Now how viable sniping units are depends on who you'll be shooting at.
That issue always existed.

Though now for me it doesn't happen as often as before the anti-lag patch, but still happens.

Back to old example. Before the anti-lag patch, on a battle I hit someone with a fat air 6 times in a row with Genbura, none registered. Then I shoot at the person following that fat air, and practically raped him. Note that there was only 1~2 seconds between shooting the first person and the second.

Though usually the biggest problems are AGs and Seraphs with a high ping. Small + really fast + high ping = Hits not registering.

Sometimes you hit them, but the game considers it an indirect hit even though they have no shield or aren't close to a wall/ceiling. Same happens when hitting lnds, though mostly when they are derping right click.

Why do you think that arts in JP are better than in EN and that airs are food in there?
Less lag = Auto-aim doesn't derp as much, making it easier to aim and hit, and hits register properly.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 5:42 pm

I would account meta differences due to player choices and effort spent into building a bot. You can still shred airs all day here, and those people will for the most part, still play air.

Back on topic, while not having hits register was always an issue, when the lag system was set to 300ms the amount of shots I had hit people increased dramatically.
Back to top Go down
Nilla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Nilla

Male Posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 5:57 pm

It's much easier to hit people now for me, stop drinking and railgunning
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:53 pm

mialys railgun explodes about 6 times after the first hit, i killed two people at once cus someone was standing behind the person i shot
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:19 pm

2 thing

1.you're lag
2.they're lag

*optional
Auto-Aim does suck job and ruin some perfect well aim shot.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:50 pm

Intet wrote:
I would account meta differences due to player choices and effort spent into building a bot. You can still shred airs all day here, and those people will for the most part, still play air.

Back on topic, while not having hits register was always an issue, when the lag system was set to 300ms the amount of shots I had hit people increased dramatically.

Same. I actually noticed when they changed it to 500ms right away, because suddenly there was hits not registering more often, but still not as often as before.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:55 pm

How ever internet settings were when the game first came out I want those back T__T.
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:22 pm

The railgun mechanics are a joke. Anything with the word "railgun" in its name should not be firing a shot at subsonic speeds. When you say "leading the target with a railgun," said target is a good several hundred kilometers away. While I could make this argument for just about any weapon in the game, railguns are particularly egregious examples; you cannot see a shot moving at Mach 7. You just can't. Also, a positron cannon is something completely different; why they have the same mechanics is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:35 pm

if you want Railgun to be like in RL physic it's simple, once it leave the barrel it hit immediately.
now call it OPgun Laughing

seriously, the Auto Aim should be able to turn off or lower it, Railgun got screw up by it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Klinkin wrote:
The railgun mechanics are a joke. Anything with the word "railgun" in its name should not be firing a shot at subsonic speeds. When you say "leading the target with a railgun," said target is a good several hundred kilometers away. While I could make this argument for just about any weapon in the game, railguns are particularly egregious examples; you cannot see a shot moving at Mach 7. You just can't. Also, a positron cannon is something completely different; why they have the same mechanics is beyond me.

Yes, this game needs to be steeped into realism. The railguns should also be good for only about 1-5 shots due to heat issues and also cause possible bot failure due to improper electromagnetic shielding. Also amataus' nova missiles should kill any bot just by melting them, grainaut should crush bots to death with it's localized gravity wells.

Why you still expect this game to have a shred of realism when it involves flying lolis is beyond me. Also gauss rifles =/= super sonic projectiles, it's entirely possible that the weaponry used in game is a crude model of an ideal railgun.

Use build arm arms, or ghost raider arms to help with aim.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:59 pm

In any game snipeing should be. I have the skill and aim to put my cursor on your fucking head from half way across the map for being a stationary dumb fuck your looseing half your hp or getting head shoted you deserve it.

CB Im a sniper YAY team mate blocks shot Fuck. Lag shield what the fuck. Has = Range damn near and no charge time Dammit How its a sniper if ppl can hit me come on. Shit dmg Fuck this >_<. Landing every single shot and still not get first and barely break 2.5k dmg THo you didnt die the whole game and used all your ammo with maxis 3 and not get first. OH FUCK OFF STUPID GAME. Small ass maps.

Rail guns should at the bare minimal have eve dmg and toybox after core ups range.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:35 am

boytitan2 wrote:
Landing every single shot and still not get first and barely break 2.5k dmg THo you didnt die the whole game and used all your ammo with maxis 3 and not get first. OH FUCK OFF STUPID GAME.
having a run like that with saggy 3 would put you at least in the top ten. the people who are meleeing/farming contrib will always get higher score than you if you're sniping.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:38 am

Malphes wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
Landing every single shot and still not get first and barely break 2.5k dmg THo you didnt die the whole game and used all your ammo with maxis 3 and not get first. OH FUCK OFF STUPID GAME.
having a run like that with saggy 3 would put you at least in the top ten. the people who are meleeing/farming contrib will always get higher score than you if you're sniping.

NOT GOOD ENUFF. A sniper run when landing all shots should have a minal 50% team contribute that game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rail gun mechanics are wtf really    Rail gun mechanics are wtf really  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rail gun mechanics are wtf really
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next