Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fate/Extra

Go down 
+6
Retrias
Hyoka
Fate
iAMsuperBlast
Segawa
Kirika
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

Fate/Extra - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:28 pm

raznazn wrote:
Well psp it is then. So when should i buy it? Boxing day or when vita comes out?

That, good sir, is up to you and your expendable income =P
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:57 pm

End of Week 4. God that battle against Lancer was intense.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:52 am

NovaZero wrote:
End of Week 4. God that battle against Lancer was intense.
Spoiler:

I didn't have much trouble with him, though that's because I super power leveled for that week =P I'm towards the end of Week 5 now, and 4 levels over the suggested level. I refuse to fight assassin tho till I give myself two more levels on the last day. I normally hate level grinding in any game (I'm usually 1/2 the suggested level in most rpgs), but random rps style rpg with a mage as your front line... I really don't have a choice @_@

Also, yes, I've found def boosting caster at the start of the battle to be invaluable for so many of the battles against physical hitting servants ^_^
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 12:47 pm

Week 5 Day 3.

God, I'm so peeved right now. My attempts to grind end with Caster getting killed by a slap. Guess I really should go all out with her spells, but I want to conserve her MP so I won't have to spend so much of my MP recovering her MP.

Doesn't help that I have to go through the Assassin's Poke of Doom challenge every damn time I reload the save.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Kirika wrote:
raznazn wrote:
No idea what you guys are talking about.

Essentially, the PSP Vita dosn't have the ability to play UMD discs (what the psp games are on). Both the PSP Vita and PSP have access to an online shopping network called the PSN (Play Station Network). You can't play the physical game, Fate/Extra, in a PSP Vita, but it's available as a downloadable game on the PSN for the Vita, from what I've heard. So, either way you could play it I think ^_^ It just depends if you want anything else for the Vita. For me, the PSP is generally cheaper (and will prolly only go down when the Vita comes out), and there's a lot of games not on the PSN network I've been wanting =P

Kirika there is an UMD Redemption program for the Vita, then again it is quite a bit of a hassle just to register your copy and re dl it
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:20 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Week 5 Day 3.

God, I'm so peeved right now. My attempts to grind end with Caster getting killed by a slap. Guess I really should go all out with her spells, but I want to conserve her MP so I won't have to spend so much of my MP recovering her MP.

Doesn't help that I have to go through the Assassin's Poke of Doom challenge every damn time I reload the save.

I remember having issue leveling early in that week. The first 3 days are essentially a bust =/ If it helps, one of Caster's moves recovers 10% of her MP after each battle.

Retrias wrote:
Kirika there is an UMD Redemption program for the Vita, then again it is quite a bit of a hassle just to register your copy and re dl it

I was unawares. Idk a whole lot about the Vita, I just heard that it wasn't backwards compatible, unless the UMD game had a PSN equivalent, so I just bought a psp slim =P
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:30 pm

Kirika wrote:
I remember having issue leveling early in that week. The first 3 days are essentially a bust =/ If it helps, one of Caster's moves recovers 10% of her MP after each battle.

That's why I'm conserving MP. Since I know if I went all out, I'll use up more than 10%.

And right now, I'm so pissed at those Necrophobias for slapping so hard and for Guarding every time I think they're going to Break and for Breaking every time I think they're going to Attack.

EDIT: Also, weee B endurance on Caster~
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:28 am

NovaZero wrote:
Kirika wrote:

That's why I'm conserving MP. Since I know if I went all out, I'll use up more than 10%.

And right now, I'm so pissed at those Necrophobias for slapping so hard and for Guarding every time I think they're going to Break and for Breaking every time I think they're going to Attack.

EDIT: Also, weee B endurance on Caster~

Whenever I'm not sure if something is going to break or def, I always select break, since that way you'll at least tie them =P

B def? That's great. I think my stats are now sitting at:

At: C
Def: D
Agi: D
Mag: A
Luck: D

And I'm lv. 32ish?

Don't think I'm getting her E-matrix tho T.T In Week 6, Day 2.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:18 pm

Kirika wrote:
Whenever I'm not sure if something is going to break or def, I always select break, since that way you'll at least tie them =P

B def? That's great. I think my stats are now sitting at:

At: C
Def: D
Agi: D
Mag: A
Luck: D

And I'm lv. 32ish?

Don't think I'm getting her E-matrix tho T.T In Week 6, Day 2.
I'm betting that Assassin's an Attack spammer, since Julius can seal your Guard. Also, despite having B Endurance, Assassin can still kill me in 2 strikes. Really hate his Chi buffs. At this point, I'm thinking of bringing in that Exorcist Blade in the final battle with Assassin so I can stun him whenever he buffs himself.
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Nova, this may help too.

Assassin ALWAYS buffs himself for the first turn of the round set. Then, idk if this is 100%, but he does his no second strike every 4 rounds, always in the second attack.

1-Buff, then No Second Strike
5-Buff, then No Second Strike
9-Buff, then No Second Strike,

And so on.

If you use Caster's defense spell on the second strike of each of those rounds, it makes this battle infinitely easier.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 3:16 am

Just beat Assassin.

Yeah, he does No Second Strike on his 1st turn as his 2nd move. Took another way to deal with it though.

1st try: buffs Caster's Endurance, gets No Second Strike'd, gets killed in move 3 because we both attacked.

2nd try: brought along Exorcist Blade instead of the defense buff wear, stuns Assassin on 1st move, No Second Strike doesn't come out, Caster proceeds to rape him. Seriously, I took no hits whatsoever because I either stun him whenever he tries to do Focused Chi or Caster stuns him with a Bestial Sky'd spell right after he does Focused Chi.
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:47 am

Somewhere in Week 6 now. Got up to Caster's 3rd matrix, and the scene with the scene where she declares me her husband, but idk if I'll get E.

Also, week 6 has a much easier start, lots of level up potential.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:39 am

Got Caster's Matrix E. My thoughts are in my sig.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fate

Male Posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:53 pm

yeah yeah if the game wasnt "T" rated we could see more hot caster action...
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:34 pm

Fate wrote:
yeah yeah if the game wasnt "T" rated we could see more hot caster action...

Lol, I agree that I wouldn't mind some Caster action =P Though, at the same time, I love that Typemoon is making effort to break into more public friendly gaming.

NovaZero wrote:
Got Caster's Matrix E. My thoughts are in my sig.

You did? What day did it pop up on? I'm in W7 Day 1 or 2...? Did you follow a specific FAQ on her?
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 12:57 am

Kirika wrote:
You did? What day did it pop up on? I'm in W7 Day 1 or 2...? Did you follow a specific FAQ on her?
Week 7 Day 3. You'll know when she tells you her story. No choice picking or anything.

Yeah, I did follow an FAQ. I chose the ff. as my answers during the important bits(note that my main is a girl. Yes, even that's kinda important for the Matrix E):
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:42 am

NovaZero wrote:
Kirika wrote:
Week 7 Day 3. You'll know when she tells you her story. No choice picking or anything.

Yeah, I did follow an FAQ. I chose the ff. as my answers during the important bits(note that my main is a girl. Yes, even that's kinda important for the Matrix E):
Spoiler:

Well, thanks for this. I'm in Week 7 Day 2 now (been dragging my feet, since I've had all this 'adult' stuff to take care of). I didn't follow a guide, since this is my first play through and that's just how I roll =P I'm betting I won't get it tho T.T
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:46 am

1 day before fight with Saber. Currently Lv 42. Thinking if I should just skip straight to the final day or grind for 1 more level.
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Omg! Just got to Day 3 of week 7, and I totally got Caster's E! There MUST be a hidden affection point mechanic, since I know I didn't choose all of the options in those trees of the guide.

In either event, I personally never pass up opportunity to level with Caster. However, I'd obviously just say to save on a separate file and try to take Saber. Worst case scenario, you'd just have to jump back to the previous save and power up your last few days =P

42 is 7 levels over the recommended, so I'd certainly hope you'd be fine @_@
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:08 am

Kirika wrote:
Omg! Just got to Day 3 of week 7, and I totally got Caster's E! There MUST be a hidden affection point mechanic, since I know I didn't choose all of the options in those trees of the guide.
Grats, Kirika~

Yeah, the points that determine whether you get Caster's Matrix E is iffy. I think you can still do stuff like say that Caster's ears are cute and still get the E. I heard she even mentions them in the end. Not really sure.

Quote :
In either event, I personally never pass up opportunity to level with Caster. However, I'd obviously just say to save on a separate file and try to take Saber. Worst case scenario, you'd just have to jump back to the previous save and power up your last few days =P

42 is 7 levels over the recommended, so I'd certainly hope you'd be fine @_@
That's why I overleveled. Hell, I was overleveled against the fight with Berserker and he could still kill Caster in 2-3 hits; his Noble Phantasm could outright kill me in one shot and is still as dangerous when I Guard it.

In any case, I just decided to skip straight to the battle since there's no point in trying to get Caster's Magic to EX unless I spent hours grinding; it's already A++ right now. And I kinda want to start Saber's route already, despite how freaking easy it'll be since I did so much grinding that I practically know most of my enemies' patterns.

EDIT: Fighting Saber now. Currently taking a break, as I still haven't beaten him yet due to losing again and I needed to charge my PSP up. He's not as bad as Berserker but you should still be careful.
Spoiler:

EDIT2: Finally beat Saber. Again, he's really not that bad, compared to Berserker, but he's still a threat.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:26 am

Beat the game, now doing New Game Plus with Saber. I can already see how piss easy this playthrough'll be. =x
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:14 pm

I haven't gotten much chance to play recently, and Eri intends to steal my game to play as Saber once I'm done with Caster @_@

How's Saber's play through so far, Nova?
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Kirika wrote:
I haven't gotten much chance to play recently, and Eri intends to steal my game to play as Saber once I'm done with Caster @_@

How's Saber's play through so far, Nova?
Feeling really lazy with the game, so I'm not even halfway through Week 1. Haven't even unlocked the Alteration of the Soul yet.
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:05 am

Dragging my feet since I've been so busy. Up to the fight with Saber now, at level 41 I think (got really lazy with the leveling, everything was only giving 2-300 xp, what's up with that?)? Nearly had him a few times, but a mix of sleep deprivation and bad luck had me KO'd in an unlucky round eventually. Also, I just remembered to read your advice in the previous post about his NP in the sixth move @_@

I'll try again after I finish some of my grading and such, and after I sleep for some amount of time =P
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:25 am

Kirika wrote:
Dragging my feet since I've been so busy. Up to the fight with Saber now, at level 41 I think (got really lazy with the leveling, everything was only giving 2-300 xp, what's up with that?)? Nearly had him a few times, but a mix of sleep deprivation and bad luck had me KO'd in an unlucky round eventually. Also, I just remembered to read your advice in the previous post about his NP in the sixth move @_@

I'll try again after I finish some of my grading and such, and after I sleep for some amount of time =P
Oh yeah, some more advice against Saber. Once his NP is usable, he can spam it, even mixing it up with his Attack Skill every now and then(caught me by surprise a few times), but the NP will always be used on Move 6 and his Attack Skill on Move 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fate/Extra   Fate/Extra - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fate/Extra
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next