Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

11/2 Anti Lag System

Go down 
+13
yuhno
Fireflywater
Courius
God is a Cat Girl
Tryrant
Nymph~
Klinkin
Reversal
reVelske
NovaZero
ziix
sandreIDOY
Aria
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

11/2 Anti Lag System - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 11/2 Anti Lag System   11/2 Anti Lag System - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:32 pm

Anyone know how this system actually works? If I were designing something like this...heck, if I were doing this, I'd just say "screw laggers" and make all movement serverside. So far as I can tell, the system works by just moving your bot when you lag instead of keeping it still, and it tried to move it where it thinks you'll be. However, when a lagger lags and inevitably winds up somewhere other than where the system thought, does the server-side position or client-side position take priority when position has to be reconciled?
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

11/2 Anti Lag System - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 11/2 Anti Lag System   11/2 Anti Lag System - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 1:23 am

server side imo, if your ping higher than threshold. server will calculate any movement you do, thus when what you see (if your above threshold) is diferrent than server see, server will teleport you where server think you should be. the effect will gotten worse if we use high mobility bots or mobilty cart (loop, roll). when our ping lower than treshold, this system will completely shutdown

btw, the problem is HOW CB server calculate our ping, i think it's realtime so when our ping unstable and have spike (on ping 100 ms net, sometimes can spike to 500ms or even more especially if our net busy) for a split second, in that split second, server mark us as lagger and teleported us back
Back to top Go down

11/2 Anti Lag System
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2