Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to Thoarla?

Go down 
+7
Kitouski
PhoenixAir
FireKiller87
Iseal
xzpwnz
Fireflywater
Reinel
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Reinel
Reinel

Male Posts : 99

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:07 pm

See topic title.

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:28 pm

Propeller bits. Fly high in the sky. Spam Jupitizer BD weapon.

A little overview, Jupitizer has limited horizontal range but nearly infinite vertical range. If you can escalate to h4x altitude, then you can just spam that thing like it was Geo AM3. Just, uh, be sure to have the propeller bits out and watch your boost gauge.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Fireflywater wrote:
Propeller bits. Fly high in the sky. Spam Jupitizer BD weapon.
LOL
Ask suguu he's smarts
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:45 pm

I think Jupitizer makes you lose altitude slightly every time you use it. Make sure to recover that eventually, or else some ART is gonna zooka you in the face.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 4:43 pm

Jupitizer is useless
Someone would only get hit by it in a 5- level room
By the time you're done performing the animation your target would be half way across the map
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:34 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
Jupitizer is useless
By the time you're done performing the animation your target would be half way across the map

Nope.avi

This usually is the case, I admit, but try using Jupitizer on a group of fat ARTs sitting down on the ground blasting away at your allies.
They have NO idea that a Thoarla floating right above them is charging Jupitizer, and that in about three seconds a lightning strike is about to hit them for 50-60 damage.

It's so much fun, you could even consider Jupitizer a siege breaker-type weapon. You do need a lot of height to use it, as enemies will grind you into organic dust if you're too low.

Speaking of ARTs, this is useful against enemies like Toy-Loli, as she's usually more worried about blasting enemies in front of her with Nukemissiles than about something above her.

Just be careful where you deploy your Jupitizer, you do 1 damage to any bot on the ground in the impact area while the lightning strike charges. This basically alerts enemies on the ground to your attack if they're alert, which can give away the game. It usually takes 3 seconds to charge and gives 2 seconds to ground targets to get the hell out of the blast radius before the lightning strike.

tl;dr Jupitizer can be used as a siege-breaker weapon against fatass ARTs/Toy-Loli if she's busy nuking allies on the ground. Use with a whole lot of height or you'll be turned into organic sludge in 10 seconds flat. Alert enemies will not be hit because silly CS put in some stupid 1 damage that alerts ground targets to the lightning strike. Great against fatter, immobile, or distracted targets. Poor against mobile or alert targets. The size of the target doesn't matter as much due to Jupitizer strike's fairly large radius, but fat is always a liability. Use Propeller Bit so you can nuke enemies with near-impunity until some Airs come along to ruin Thoarla's fun. Get the fuck out the moment enemies try to engage you in combat, it's not worth it.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:51 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
LOL
Back to top Go down
PhoenixAir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
PhoenixAir

Male Posts : 193

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:53 pm

stick a stardust cannon on it and call it a day
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:22 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
LOL
^ Most of this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Even most stupid/slowest fat art can dodge tat bolt and thoar even has no sniper sight to sneak attack so...And even if she has sniper sight, dont know if any fat art is stupid enuff to not see her from 80 range distance and attack her while she activate that bolt so...

Kitouski wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
LOL
^ Most of this thread.
Back to top Go down
pulupulu

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:21 am

quoting my old post, with a little update here and there
Quote :
Since this is about thoarla, I feel obliged to say what I know.

Her BD weapon jupitizer is basically the hardest hitting "single shot" weapon air weapon I know of.
A few key things to know about jupitizer:
--It has beam property. (1.4x vs land)
--It is not a true single hit, as it fire a single 1 damage shot to targeted area first. Whether TGH reduction is factored in or not, I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it does. (if you hit two trees, you will notice one who got hit with 1 dmg received less damage)
--The 2nd shot always yield big damage number sign (like those of critical hit). Whether it is true critical or not, I don't know, didn't test it on 0 tgh bot before.
--It can get back damage bonus. (was back damage +100% or +50%? can't remember)
--It has no (known) vertical height limit for lock-on.
--Enhance Internal Weapon cart only give 1 extra damage per upgrade (worthless, can get way more tech tune for that cost to increase damage)
--From the ground, it is hard to tell that you have been targeted by jupitizer (unless for some odd reason, you were looking at the ground instead of your target)
--Due to slow charge speed, moving targets are impossible to hit. Only really usable on non-moving targets (binded, arty camping, healer healing, afk, etc)
--Can not fire when out of boost.
--Use boost while firing
--Increase your max altitude about 150% to 200%, I can't really tell, but once jupitizer end, you will drop to 50% of what your altitude bar was. You will need to climb altitude again manually.
--Invincibility for majority of the jupitizer animation except beginning and the end. (you can be hit out of jupitizer if they attack right when you activate, and be hit when you begin to lower your altitude)

Difference of Frazia:
--Stun regain (huge survivability boost)
--triple shots jupitizer
----3 random shots, very inaccurate, extremely situational (perfect scenario is epoch encircle island [the map with 1 PS and on mountain platform] where there are massive amount of people scattered in one small concentrated area; all other scenario will fail, including breaking tree for items)
--hair color and bd frame appearance differ

PS breaking
Using the same amount of time, another weapon can fire several clips (2~6 shots) while jupitizer get 1 shot. Can 2~6 shots of your weapon do more damage than jupitizer?
I only see juptitizer PS breaking as a very situational safer breaking method. Most of the time being an arty shooting PS from far range will be better than jupitizer, especially with the amount of arty around on defense. She is really an arty with better booster. UC players don't have easy access to thoarla am3 for range, so maybe negatron rifle will have to be your range option. Or, do what everyone else already say, use omega blaster or stardust cannon.

Personally, I prefer omega blaster:
1. it spray, so I can accidentally hit other bots for some damage score.
2. it penetrate so I can shoot through my allies. (SDC can be completely negated because someone in front of you were too fat)
3. more shots per clip, so thoarla don't have to turn so many times before firing.
4. higher totaly damage in 1 shot (point blank 16 dmg x 9 shots), highly effective against big target. If you ever wonder whats a good counter to large melee only bot with shield... this is it (along with other similar things). (everything in this game is soft counter as far as i know)

Time I wish I was using stardust cannon:
1. when dog fighting against other air, especially small ones.
2. when trying to kill a ground target quickly, especially small ones.
3. when trying to stun something.
4. when trying to hit some thing farther than 100 range.

Basically: Stardust cannon for tactical level, and omega blaster for strategic level. Strategic level = do objective. Tactical level = I punch you, you punch me.

Things I didn't try:
thoarla with 40 tec + quick jump + shaden booster. (still no shaden booster)
-quick jump to regain altitude after jupitizer.
-40 tec for more damage (got to 34)
-shaden booster for flight speed + booster duration. (without shaden booster you can use floater bit, but you need to max WB gauge first; shaden booster also enable you to kind of ignore fly stat during tuning)

I can hit people with jupitizer with pretty good accuracy, BUT that's because I take serious care in picking my shots; not because the weapon is usable on tactical level. (unless I am in fun spam mode so i don't care about hitting or simply out of ammo)

study pulu's notes on default jupitizer study
-Jupitizer is absolutely a strategic class weapon.
-It require a ton of preconditions for it to be used.
-It is absolutely not worth using when you are aiming for one target. (unless you are trying your newly tuned thoarla damage Very Happy or bored and want to see someone run in circle in panic Laughing )
-It require ideal map condition. (green field, plague swamp, nebula tree, and some times, wide relic towers/dark field)
-At times, you can dodge attacks with it.
-Winberl is jupitizer's best friend, and some time lover.
-Floating bit increase the number of shots you can have per trip. However, it doesn't meant you can stay there and keep shooting.
-enemy land unit attacking into a corner/water on ally is some time also an ideal condition to fire.
-decent tree breaker to save ammo of primary weapon.
-board radar is almost a must, because situational/environmental condition must be observed .

My most rewarding observable experience with jupitizer is hitting 145 dmg on 3 lands at the same time along with their dual wonder bits out (winberl > rusher). Instant 500+ dmg.
My other good shots are normally not observable due to extreme distance, I just know the healing spot was raided and they were all in panic/shock while running in circle like wild chickens.

Compared to mecha anime, jupitizer is the spaceship's main cannon. You will see a bunch of small units dodge it (main character), while the not so observant cannon fodders get vaporized. It either make the main character's battle winnable (ally spaceship) or not winnable (hostile spaceship), because number of fighting units drastically changed after plan carried out strategic prediction.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:49 am

lol...

Get all capa carts, quick boost and 2x great rapid SDC. Never ever use the internal weapon. It's bad, worse than cancer.
Back to top Go down

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:01 am

Which Thoarla are you talking about? The one in the exoskeleton or the one with the exoskeleton bit?
Back to top Go down
Reinel
Reinel

Male Posts : 99

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:51 am

It's the normal one, the one in the exoskeleton.

Getting quite used on how Thoarla works; she works well when your target's highly distracted or stuck in water. With the right carts, she can (kinda) tank, too.

Thanks for the advice, guys! ^^ Keep it coming if you want. Taming the Jupitzer is a hard but very, very fun task, and I'm enjoying every second of it.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:59 am

xzpwnz wrote:
Jupitizer is useless
sometimes i wonder if you are actually xz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to Thoarla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Thoarla?   How to Thoarla? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Thoarla?
Page 1 of 1