Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help with a destructor

Go down 
+4
Suguri
FireKiller87
Astral_Dono
Moghul
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

Need help with a destructor Empty
PostSubject: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:59 pm

so... i was considering buying a destructor (the missile one since i already have a CN and it's not very successful)

3 things:

1) IS. IT. WORTH. IT?!

2)if 1 is "yes" move on to 3

3) i can has build? uc/little rt pls. also, probly not much tuning is gonna be involved cuz im tuning some other bots now.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:46 pm

1st: Moved to the correct section

---

1: Yes, it's worth it. But hard to use since he's fat.

2: *skipped*

3: Tune for 40 TEC and get 3-slot Accel Saber AMs and put them on. As for the BS and LG, anything that gives the largest TEC value and has 2/3 slots. I'd probably also get both EIW carts for maximum damage output at 40 tec. If you can afford it, put a Middle/Large bazooka on him as well for close-range Anti-Air defense, and use his AA subs for long-range control.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:36 pm

amscray wrote:
so... i was considering buying a destructor (the missile one since i already have a CN and it's not very successful)

3 things:

1) IS. IT. WORTH. IT?!

2)if 1 is "yes" move on to 3

3) i can has build? uc/little rt pls. also, probly not much tuning is gonna be involved cuz im tuning some other bots now.

1. Depends on your playstyle, but generally yes. Destructor uses an AAmissile subweapon instead of CN's bazooka main. The AAmissiles are known as some of the more effective attacks in terms of the quality of their tracking systems. Destructor is usually one of the most effective UC heavy ARTs and is played like a fatass.

2. Skipped.

3. Again, depends on your playstyle. Here is a prospective build:
"Destructor, No tunes":
Good TEC and TGH for no tunes. Titan Baz rapes everything at close range without Blast Guard and basically gives you superiority over Air at all ranges, although it's somewhat difficult to find. If not, take Large Baz. Second weapon is your choice. If you don't get something useful/get a shield, drop Moving Burst. You may want to drop that anyway.
There are few good M/L/LL size BSes that are also UC. Grandum BS 3s is honestly your best bet, as nothing you try to do is going to make this fatass smaller anyway. Plus it adds crowd control capability to your existing AAmissiles.
Mobility cart is also your choice, although Destructor won't be on the front lines so Sway and Short Boost are not necessary.
In lieu of Moving Burst, take either Blast Guard or one Internal. You can also take Beam Guard if you suck that much against Air.

26 base TEC gives 50 dmg to the Titan baz, 26 dmg to your 0x Internal AAmissiles, and 25 dmg/missile to Grandum BS. 20 TGH is good for reducing stun. Slayer Bit in case you suck with your Baz or need to defend against a LND, like a Vanguard primed to slice your fatass core open. 517 HP gives you the damage absorption abilities of a fucking tank and can be augmented if you so desire.

You can also change the HD. Cosmo Kaiser is a good choice for UC Destructor: -1 STR +1 WLK for -5 cost.

Here is a prospective build for a fully tuned Destructor:
"Destructor, fully tuned":

40 TEC, ofc. 13/6 Boost Run is dark gray tier, which sucks but you're running a fatass so it's not to be used for quick getaways. Viper helps you live longer, along with Stun Regain. Moving Burst replaced by Blast Guard(can also take Beam Guard for -5 Cost). 59 damage on the Titan, 31 on AAmissiles, 30 on Grandum. 20 TGH. You can replace the Run tune on Big Mountaiz LG with High/Great Capa to do a lot more tuning, but it's really not worth it. At 1210 cost, Destructor is basically a walking BP coffin that also destroys anything that takes it too easy around him.
Your goal when playing Destructor is to sit down and make a stand. Acting as static Artillery support, your job is to stand in one spot and blow as many enemies to smithereens as you can before you die. Your best friends are the missiles you're packing in your BS and core. The Titan Baz is not a main weapon-its your secondary, to be used only if something's getting too close for comfort. It's only got 88 ammo, so it needs to be used sparingly and with maximum return on every shot.

When playing this fatass, I suggest NOT standing under the PS like so many other dumb fatasses.
1) People EXPECT fatasses to stick around under the PS. Thus, easy target.
2) You're using Subweapons, not main weapons. I don't think Hypershot works for subweapons like Grandum BS. If it does, then by all means carry around Hyper Shot.
3) PSes are usually the first place enemies look to ambush unwary targets, again because fatasses like to nest there. Destructor is not at all mobile and will NOT be able to escape a marauding Vanguard looking to stuff his sword into some fresh robot parts. Boost Running away will not help. Most Vanguards are built for Boost Run and...get this...THEY RUN FASTER THAN YOU WILL EVER RUN. Avoiding the PS will reduce the risk that a random suicide melee fag comes up to you and shoves his/her weapon up your metal ass. You still have to be cautious though.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:53 pm

Should answer all your questions.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:05 pm

I think that one of the points of having Short boost on Destructor is probably the same as you might want it on Nicole.
Not just to avoid or use it as a "platform" to fly away faster from the incoming lnd.
You can use short boost (I said probably because I have to test it on Destructor) to fire missiles in the air quicker and without flying around while firing or stand in the same place like a sitting duck.
If it works just like Nicole, you lock, hop and shoot, and the bot lands right away.
If you fly to any direction and shoot, the bot won't land for a while, so it's like flying on auto-mode without any way to control it. On wrong move and you might end up near a bunch of enemies. Short boost prevents that.

Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:23 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:

When playing this fatass, I suggest NOT standing under the PS like so many other dumb fatasses.
1) People EXPECT fatasses to stick around under the PS. Thus, easy target.
2) You're using Subweapons, not main weapons. I don't think Hypershot works for subweapons like Grandum BS. If it does, then by all means carry around Hyper Shot.
3) PSes are usually the first place enemies look to ambush unwary targets, again because fatasses like to nest there. Destructor is not at all mobile and will NOT be able to escape a marauding Vanguard looking to stuff his sword into some fresh robot parts. Boost Running away will not help. Most Vanguards are built for Boost Run and...get this...THEY RUN FASTER THAN YOU WILL EVER RUN. Avoiding the PS will reduce the risk that a random suicide melee fag comes up to you and shoves his/her weapon up your metal ass. You still have to be cautious though.

1)not only fat assess... all who have overheavy mobility (small + Big Guns?) and non combatant like support expected stay under PS. since easier to shower anything comes in sight (IF you see it... see my 3rd response). BUT , several snipers even hiding near PS and use it to lure target... so dont only expect easy target in PowerSpot... expect Easy Lead on your head too... procced with caution.

2)hypershot cut in half weapon reload time / interval , weapon charge time (linear cannon for example) , and weapon lock-on time... also often double shot per round ( ex : Auto Beam Rifle have 6 shoot from 3 shoot)
so yea, it works... even to melee (you will notice your swing combo faster). it make most crappiest weapon in your mind become so darn epic because rapid effect... (except if that weapon somehow have darn low Ammo)

3)if you think PS-es are best ambush place, then you're wrong, ppl already READY ON TRIGGER when they stand below powerspot , you gonna need at least Stealth System and make sure your target facing elsewhere... (if you've been seen, expect rain of bullet) , Best Place to Ambush are "Respawn Point" and "Tree Farm Area" ,especialy who comes farming Tree are mostly ppl who almost dead or support bots who ussualy give less fight than other type (but sometimes there's Deadly Doctor instead Combat Medic, so keep caution when proceed)
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:30 am

Suguri wrote:

Should answer all your questions.

that, sir is made of

Spoiler:

any replacement for thoarla lgs? i only got a pair and they're on my aquila epicness. also, i want my desu for a L commando. and i'm using thoarla lgs on aquila so i cant use it on him.

@ the other guys

dont u thing BM lg is way too huge? makes me more of a target?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:44 am

Don't bother with EIW IMHO, it will never be your main source of damage and it is far too situational a weapon. Its only real purpose is mass long-range AA and it nigh useless against mobile ground units.

Big Mountaiz LG is great for the massive health pool increase, as for hitbox... yeah well it will inevitably make you easier to hit. If you are going to go for something highly mobile (31 FLY) then you'll want smaller legs like Thoarla LG, which shouldn't be a problem to get anyways, just use the free 50 Rt from campaign/UC->RT/whatever to buy yourself one from shop.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:59 am

reVelske wrote:
Don't bother with EIW IMHO, it will never be your main source of damage and it is far too situational a weapon. Its only real purpose is mass long-range AA and it nigh useless against mobile ground units.

Big Mountaiz LG is great for the massive health pool increase, as for hitbox... yeah well it will inevitably make you easier to hit. If you are going to go for something highly mobile (31 FLY) then you'll want smaller legs like Thoarla LG, which shouldn't be a problem to get anyways, just use the free 50 Rt from campaign/UC->RT/whatever to buy yourself one from shop.

Honestly in Destructor's case, I think Big Mountaiz LG is worth it. He's not going to get any smaller. He might get shorter, but honestly most attackers are going to aim for center mass, aka his fatass core. And height really helps when you're aiming AAmissiles and Grandum BS. Whenever I use my DG, I have to boost over the heads of my allies to avoid hitting them with my AAmissiles because she's short.

NOTE: AAmissiles, while most effective against airborne targets, are also somewhat useful against ground targets. It really depends on the size and mobility of the target, size being more important. Grounded fatasses with mobility are hit almost as easily as airborne targets. Smaller targets that aren't as mobile tend to avoid being hit by missiles.
Destructor only has 2 EIW, which really isn't worth the trouble. The problem is, his cart selection isn't exactly stellar. If you're like me and you like to use AAmissiles, go ahead and take em. If not, don't bother.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 10:29 am

I used Katana Max LG on mine. Doesn't give tgh and only 1 of fly and tec, but while I made mine fly based, I did needed those 3 wlk so I could tune more fly (3wlk=6fly).
Also, pretty small. I think that if you equip Grandum BS, the legs won't even touch the ground. XD (this is also when Short Boost comes in)
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 12:58 pm

reVelske wrote:
Don't bother with EIW IMHO, it will never be your main source of damage and it is far too situational a weapon. Its only real purpose is mass long-range AA and it nigh useless against mobile ground units. got it

Big Mountaiz LG is great for the massive health pool increase, as for hitbox... yeah well it will inevitably make you easier to hit. If you are going to go for something highly mobile (31 FLY) then you'll want smaller legs like Thoarla LG, which shouldn't be a problem to get anyways, just use the free 50 Rt from campaign/UC->RT/whateveryeah but i need those rts and honestly, buying another thoarla...... it's kinda... yeah... i'd rather wait until the ro cubes to see if i get another thoarla or some other good lgs to buy yourself one from shop.

thanks guys!

pl0x give moar knowledge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:52 pm

From what I've heard, Destructor is already good enough without tunes.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 5:09 pm

Nothing is "good enough" without mobility.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:53 am

reVelske wrote:

Unless you're playing fatass, in which case it's never going to be "good enough" in your definition...unless you feel like spending all your slots on mobility tuning. I would rather have 40 TEC and average mobility on a Destructor.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:59 am

FireKiller87 wrote:
reVelske wrote:

Unless you're playing fatass, in which case it's never going to be "good enough" in your definition...unless you feel like spending all your slots on mobility tuning. I would rather have 40 TEC and average mobility on a Destructor.

have u seen that video? scroll up, lolz
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:19 am

amscray wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
reVelske wrote:

have u seen that video? scroll up, lolz

I have. Ero's using Short Boost, which tends to fuck with people and make them look stupid.
Doesn't change the fact that he's fatass and is going to get damaged no matter what you do to him. Which is why I would prefer 40 TEC on him.

Here, let's try this:
I'll assume you won't use Grandum BS, as it's too fat to put on a hopper. It's more for static defense, tbh. You can use it if you so desire.

"hopping Destructor, 8/11, 24 TEC 20 TGH no tunes":
I dunno whether or not you want missiles or bazookas on a hopper, as they usually don't stand there and fire away. I put Handyzook on, you can change and swap to your liking.

And here's a tuned build(added Rocket Launcher for more slots, again you can swap to your liking):
"Same Destructor, fully tuned":
All UC parts are...1s with the exception of Big Mountaiz LG 3s, which is fairly easy to find. If you find 3s of these UC parts, feel free to tune more. I would definitely move the tunes on the Rocket Launcher to those new slots. Again, pick your own weapons. Change Great Boost Beta to High Boost Beta if you get more slots.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:32 am

FireKiller87 wrote:

Doesn't change the fact that he's fatass and is going to get damaged no matter what you do to him. Which is why I would prefer 40 TEC on him.

Mobility's purpose isn't only evasiveness, I used to play a Grandum'd fatart regularly (with 26 FLY) and I can tell you that without having those FLY to allow me to reposition myself at ease and flee at approaching danger, my fatart would've been unplayable. And even when you are a fatart, the mobility still improves your evasiveness to a very significant degree. He only has 25 TEC but I will take that mobility over 40 TEC anyways. What's the point of being able to deal damage when you can't survive? No matter how well you position yourself and how great your dps is, if you are a sitting duck, you WILL die a horrible death.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:28 pm

one more thing...... why tengu ams and not accel saber? accel's better.

also i refuse to use BM lg, i prefer mach knight katana max due to size and stats. also, first chance i get, ima buy another thoarla lgs for 35 rt. i don't have a bs to put on it that will help me get more wlk for tuning. can't get it to 30. more like 26. TOPS. otherwise i'd have negative stats on wlk
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:03 pm

amscray wrote:
one more thing...... why tengu ams and not accel saber? accel's better.

also i refuse to use BM lg, i prefer mach knight katana max due to size and stats. also, first chance i get, ima buy another thoarla lgs for 35 rt. i don't have a bs to put on it that will help me get more wlk for tuning. can't get it to 30. more like 26. TOPS. otherwise i'd have negative stats on wlk

IIRC, Tengu is a bit smaller and has less cost. I forget, it's been a while.

Um, if you ever feel like using those AAmissiles without needing to boost over your allies heads, come talk to me. Either that or get a height advantage or stand where there are no other bots. Neither of any of those options are appealing.
Firstly, because boosting means people see you much easier because you're basically jumping up and down screaming "KILL ME!" while firing missiles at them, and it becomes predictable once people realize you send missiles at them every time you jump.

Secondly, height advantage basically gives you the same disadvantage as a fatass LG like Big Mountaiz: you're taller, people see you better, more shit to shoot at.

Finally, standing where no other bots are is also bad because people see your missiles coming much more easily(yes, they may be taken by surprise at first, but they will track back to you and slaughter your ass).
Plus, the absence of allied bots means it's a lot easier to get to you without encountering some form of resistance other than your own, not to mention most missile weapons SUCK at close range.

In this case, I would rather be taller. You do get the disadvantage of being more easily spotted and targeted in a crowd, but it allows you to fire AAmissiles much more easily in a crowd(you're taller than most and Destructor's AAmissile pods are next to his HD). You won't be jumping up and down like a dumbass, and you can stand in a crowd of friendlies while you fire. It makes getting to you a lot harder if the enemy is using anything except Breakers and Railguns and anything(with good range already) tuned for Range.
AND you get +95 HP plus some stats for only 50 cost and +height.

As for the BS, if you're looking at UC try Destructor BS, King Gigaton BS, or something similar. You can also use Grandum BS if you don't mind the castle fortress look/being extra fat on the sides(in which case you get a very nice MultiMissile subweapon that works very well for crowd control overall, not just against Air). RT has too many options to go over here, so I won't say anything. Take a good look through the calc.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:21 pm

Tengu is much larger than Accel AM.

My suggested build would be something more like this:

Spoiler:

If Grandum BS isnt your thing, I'd use another Maril BS, or Amateus BS if you have extra.

Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Trill wrote:
Tengu is much larger than Accel AM.

My suggested build would be something more like this:

Spoiler:

If Grandum BS isnt your thing, I'd use another Maril BS, or Amateus BS if you have extra.

Fire likes this build.
Although I thought OP said little RT or UC only, in which case I would definitely take a look at Destructor or King Gigaton BS. They are decent UC alternatives.
I'd also reconsider the Internals, although Destructor's lineup of carts is fairly crappy. Anti Burning might be nice if you get teampillared.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:18 am

fire, i still refuse to use BM lgs.

because: if i'm in a crowd i can hop and shoot and get vulnerable for 0.5 s whilst if i use BM lg i become tall ALL the time. also, i need short boost for situational dodging which is not available with BM lg. IT. IS. OUT. OF. THE. QUESTION!

now, as for bs u said destructor and gigaton. i agree completely.

i have a saggi maxis bs which i am using currently and i think i'll use destructor bs when i get thoarla lgs. or victory.

no money for giga. it's 50k......... so unless i get uberlucky with sp lotto, no cake for me.

also, guys remember i said little rt and maril march bs is not available

also, idk why everyone says the AA missiles suck against land. if i'm at the same level/lower (which happens a lot) i hit them often and relatively painfully.

as for rocket launchers, i refuse to use because of ONE thing. Seraphs and their Anti-Homing.

last thing, grandum bs would be hypocritical and not to mention stupid for me to use. i don't like BM lg cuz of size and same goes for grandum. it is one hell of a bs with good weapons but it is way too wide. it basically adds 2 jikuns to my back.

thank you for the tips and your help, i have decided on a build and this may now be locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with a destructor   Need help with a destructor Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with a destructor
Page 1 of 1