Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destructor (Girl as well)

Go down 
+3
Shaftronics
Courius
God is a Cat Girl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

Destructor (Girl as well) Empty
PostSubject: Destructor (Girl as well)   Destructor (Girl as well) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Today I was running some kind of tests on a new weapon for my Destructor, and while I don't like the weapon all that much, and despite it's occasional derp moments (like shooting too far from the enemy).
The weapon was LL Bulk Blast. I got 2 of them, so I wanted to try them out.
I did said "test" on the level 5 room mostly, since I haven't tuned Destructor yet (only using a couple of parts from another bot, and Destructor is only level 4, all capa carts), he's still slow (20 something fly, not near 30), so on other rooms it's was pretty hard to deal with it (and weapon isn't tuned either). But it was just to see if the weapon is worthy of staying or not.
Some pics if you want:
Spoiler:
The playstyle is basically, spam missiles and when airs get close, hit them with the zook. Simple as that.

Now, my questions are basically how much fly I should get.
For example, with what I have, and without sucking too many resources that I need for other bots, I can get 40fly but Tec will be as low as 26. Then I can reduce fly to get more tec.
Usually I tend to make them fully mobile without caring much about tec. Mostly because of the cheap parts and because if I last longer, I will score the same as always anyway, without making the team lose BR, if it matters anyway. Basically, I shoot and try to survive, while my hits aren't the greatest thing ever. It doesn't really bother me all that much though.
Note that the only arts that I tuned are wlk based, not fly.

But lets resume this question to:
Go full fly, or get XXfly to get more tec?

The second question is about Destructor girl.
Since her parts can't be changed, it's hard to make her wlk based, when you can only get around... what? 24wlk? Right now I find that slow to run away from most of the lnds.
Since I was getting all capa + all EIW + Railgun and buckler, her capa is only enough to get 29 Fly and 25 Tec. Which I don't find that bad to shot people and run away from lnds.
But that's basically the question. 29fly and 25 tec, doing it right or wrong?
Also, Railgun isn't runed.

Though, I really want that new Railgun, though I dunno if I will get it or not. But if I get it, I was thinking about using it on DG, but it has more 30 cost, so I would have to low the stats to 27fly/24tec, would it be all that bad?
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Destructor (Girl as well)   Destructor (Girl as well) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:42 am

infact destructor are the most newbie friendly ARTs ... it might a bit slow, but he seriously easy to use...

actually to make destructor (and destructor CN) sub weapon really work , you need all his internal... desu girl maybe only need 2 from 4, but if you want she outstand normal destructor , get all 4

the infamous FLY-Desu build in JP (for both Destructor and DG) suggest ya having 40 FLY and TEC... some TGH if still have capa... im not sure if this build can be applied to CN tho... not that many CN user i see in JP
the playstyle simple, yea... like you describe above, spam internal missiles, zook any airs coming with blast zook, and fly away if any Melle come (prolly short boost then fly)

Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Destructor (Girl as well)   Destructor (Girl as well) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:30 am

Its. Melee.

For the Nth time, I'm tired of seeing you spell that wrongly.

Anyway, I'd say get as much fly as you need or are comfortable with. If you're fine with 20, that's all you need. If you wanna go all survivalist and hit breakpoints at 34 or 38, that's fine too.

Personally, for Destructor, I'd probably get somewhere around 28 to 34. I mean, with accel roll and/or hopping carts, you'll be pretty survivable as-is.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Destructor (Girl as well)   Destructor (Girl as well) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:36 am

Refer to this thread on the ONLY way to play a Destructor: https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t3846-how-to-play-fat-arts-like-a-real-man

MANLINESS aside, you should look at 22 FLY minimum, 26 average, 31 MAXIMUM MOBILITY. Any higher and I'd consider it to be wasteful.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Destructor (Girl as well)   Destructor (Girl as well) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:54 am

reVelske wrote:
Refer to this thread on the ONLY way to play a Destructor: https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t3846-how-to-play-fat-arts-like-a-real-man

MANLINESS aside, you should look at 22 FLY minimum, 26 average, 31 MAXIMUM MOBILITY. Any higher and I'd consider it to be wasteful.

I thought the third FLYpoint was 32. In which case you'd go for 32. If not...well, I'm wrong, what can you say?

I use DG myself, and personally I think her WLK is good enough if you stay a good distance back. Mine has 22 WK 1 FLY without Boost Run(when fully tuned, she'll have 29 WLK 1 FLY with 2x TEC), but I can usually evade attacks by jumping and utilizing height advantages. If you're antsy about using WLK on DG, just hang back a bit more and spam her AAmissiles.
Problem is, you're running a Railgun. I'd cut that out for a Handyzook so you can defend yourself up close, not to mention it frees 70 initial capacity for more tunes.
If you don't run WLK, 29 FLY 25 TEC is fine.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: Destructor (Girl as well)   Destructor (Girl as well) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:09 am

as ppl say 20 FLY is not enough
get 28 atleast and 30+ to get better
for Destructor size, you should equip an tuned titan zook
TEC not mean anything much when you got an good tuned titan zook
keep TEC around 20 is still fine with bazooka type 's force
Back to top Go down
Squishy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Squishy

Female Posts : 143

PostSubject: Re: Destructor (Girl as well)   Destructor (Girl as well) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:19 am

2 keep up with metagayme's super AIRs and derp merees, u need 28 fry minimimumum, but 31 or 34 is betta!
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Destructor (Girl as well)   Destructor (Girl as well) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:38 am

So, most of you say 34fly?
I can get 34fly and 29 tec with a poorfag build. Well doesn't sound all that bad to me. Might do it.
Note that I already have a weapon for Destructor, no need to get a Titan zooka.
The weapon is supposed to have 362 speed after being tuned, without losing ammo. 362 speed is good for a zooka, right?

The main reason why I'm not going for WLK on DG is because from the experience that I had with other arts, below 32 wlk feels rather risky, since I usually have lnds after me. =3=
It's not like 32+wlk makes me "unhittable" by melee, but I can run away for a good while without being hit.
I'm using the railgun because... Well, I liked it. >_> Even though it can be a pain to hit with sometimes. I'm not a big fan of zookas, and my Le Reve is supposed to be the one using them, since I don't like the railgun on her. But I don't like Le Reve all that much, so I'm not tuning her any soon.
Even though I could change the shield for an Handy zook since the cost is the same, the shield happens to be useful when a TBG is the enemy. And it seems that DG is the only bot that I have that knows how to use a shield. >_>

Note: When I say poorfag build, it's like, mostly UC, and no triple tunes, since those are awfully hard to do (for me).

About Destructor being newbie friendly ART, yeah, it is. I've been using it since I first got it, though after a while it was a bit forgotten on the subgarage. Even though I would use it every once in a while, I never took full advantage of it, so I'm doing it now.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Destructor (Girl as well)   Destructor (Girl as well) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Well, I tuned Destructor today. It's only level 5, and I tested it on level 5 room.

Destructor (Girl as well) ScreenShot_20111007_2050_58_143

Not bad for a bot that only has 1 RT weapon, and all the rest is UC?
The map was that... Something coast? Our spawn was invaded, so there wasn't much of an opportunity to spam missiles.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Destructor (Girl as well)   Destructor (Girl as well) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:02 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Well, I tuned Destructor today. It's only level 5, and I tested it on level 5 room.

Destructor (Girl as well) ScreenShot_20111007_2050_58_143

Not bad for a bot that only has 1 RT weapon, and all the rest is UC?
The map was that... Something coast? Our spawn was invaded, so there wasn't much of an opportunity to spam missiles.

Canyon Coast? Meh...this map isn't really missile friendly anyway tbh(not that it's unfriendly towards missiles either, a lot of the terrain is flat).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destructor (Girl as well)   Destructor (Girl as well) Empty

Back to top Go down

Destructor (Girl as well)
Page 1 of 1