Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?

Go down 
+12
Malphes
boytitan2
ngelicdark
CapeMike
BNOISE
Courius
Mew
Trill
FireKiller87
Dracatis
Squishy
bubiche
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DavidRain
Despairing Abbey
Despairing Abbey

Male Posts : 157

How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:44 am

Oh god lawl this thread is funny, going 40 Tec over mobility in this game is lawl....(people misunderstood that I didn't say 40 tec is bad I said getting 40 tec at the cost of not getting OJ boost run is bad) And I'd go with BoyTitan on this one.( once again I'll state that all I agreed with was the 25 walk and fly thing was good not the whole don't listen to fire thing) 21 walk and 10 fly boost run speed is laughable to any Land with decent Walk.(once again getting flamed when no one read clearly, decent walk should go before 40 Tec because you only get broad radar at the high lvls, which takes awhile so better to have some mobility first before going 40 tec) 25 walk and Fly is a MUST. Tec is less important if all your gonna be able to do is shoot 2 shots at a seraph crim with a double beam machinegun before you die.(Making it clear again that mobility should have been at 25 at this point since ou can already get 25 tec easily, so you can get 40 tec afterwards) Getting boost run up is a must.(since people are flaming me I'll point out that I didn't say 25 walk 25 fly boost run, I said get boost run up, best to OJ speed) With thorla lg's, some nice BS' , accel saber ams and some accessory, you can reach 25 tec with out tunes. Then tune walk and fly. You can even fit snipe sight, Broad radar, Boost run and 2 Internals. Those who say snipe sight is useless on a sagi, are either lying or really that dumb.( I said that they were dumb cause he stated that he didn't even bother to try it before he said it was useless) You have shit tonne of speed on that railgun and the bullets are so thin you won't be able to tell where you got shot from unless you have the warning system. Plus the the bright flash from the blast can cover where the bullet came from. (The blast is bright and dis orienting when the guy is being pelted by others in front of him he will most likely ignore you untill the second or third hit. And by then you should have moved abit already to avoid stayong at one spot for too long and get left behind by team mates) i have edited this with the braketed things to make what I said clearer, so please avoid calling me out and insult me when I didn't even insult you because you were just partially wrong but not mean. So i ask of you to read slowly and not insult me anymore, I wasn't rude this time and the last time was a mistake tht I had already appologised for.

Last edited by DavidRain on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:01 pm

DavidRain wrote:
Oh god lawl this thread is funny, going 40 Tec over mobility in this game is lawl.... And I'd go with BoyTitan on this one. 21 walk and 10 fly boost run speed is laughable to any Land with decent Walk. 25 walk and Fly is a MUST. Tec is less important if all your gonna be able to do is shoot 2 shots at a seraph crim with a double beam machinegun before you die. Getting boost run up is a must. With thorla lg's, some nice BS' , accel saber ams and some accessory, you can reach 25 tec with out tunes. Then tune walk and fly. You can even fit snipe sight, Broad radar, Boost run and 2 Internals. Those who say snipe sight is useless on a sagi, are either lying or really that dumb. You have shit tonne of speed on that railgun and the bullets are so thin you won't be able to tell where you got shot from unless you have the warning system. Plus the the bright flash from the blast can cover where the bullet came from.

no, if you are experienced you will be able to trace the shot back simply by the point of impact -.-

that being said, snipersight is still a majorly underestimated card because it lets you land the first hit safely, i never looked at it for consecutive hits - anybody would start evasive maneuvers after being hit once, no matter if he knows where the shot came from or not
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:08 am

DavidRain wrote:
Oh god lawl this thread is funny, going 40 Tec over mobility in this game is lawl.... And I'd go with BoyTitan on this one. 21 walk and 10 fly boost run speed is laughable to any Land with decent Walk. 25 walk and Fly is a MUST. Tec is less important if all your gonna be able to do is shoot 2 shots at a seraph crim with a double beam machinegun before you die. Getting boost run up is a must. With thorla lg's, some nice BS' , accel saber ams and some accessory, you can reach 25 tec with out tunes. Then tune walk and fly. You can even fit snipe sight, Broad radar, Boost run and 2 Internals. Those who say snipe sight is useless on a sagi, are either lying or really that dumb. You have shit tonne of speed on that railgun and the bullets are so thin you won't be able to tell where you got shot from unless you have the warning system. Plus the the bright flash from the blast can cover where the bullet came from.

Sir, 25 Walk OR Fly will suffice.

WITHOUT Boost Run, even. Saggi max is very reliant on the map, how you play, perch points and if you have a sniping buddy or someone to watch your back. Its not just a herpderp I spam roll and hold both mouse button bot or just hold left mouse button and strafe for 5 minutes for gamewarrior bot.

Those who go 40 Tec for the killing/stopping power over a movement stat, if you can ahndle it, the payoff is there.

Those who pick mobility; What the fuck do you need so much for? You're in the wrong perch/area. Lul.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:40 am

I couldn't have said it better myself Shaft. Ty.

Also David, it seems like you enjoy insulting people instead of their arguments they put forth. For future reference, it'd be unwise to be burning so many bridges so easily by doing something as foolish as that. If you're willing to diss other ppl on internet forums for their arguments, then I wouldn't be so wrong to assume that you would jump the gun as easily as you would irl.

In regards to that particular subject though, if you play this game enough, you begin to see there's a gray area of mobility vs dmg. Sagi and other sniper/ART bots generally are the first breach to the gray area, and in most cases, while the mobility is nice, a sniper does not need to prioritize mobility to achieve his goal. In fact moving around a lot would probably hamper him because he will be wasting time moving about more than shooting down things. You also have to realize that to make up for mobility, there are other things that you can do, ie. hop, float dash, accel roll/air loop, or even boost run. Boost run can knock up low WLK to something semi decent to work with. I'm not even the first one to say this on the forums in more or less these exact words. If you don't trust me based on player credibility, then maybe you'll trust Bippu.

Anyways, gl to you OP. Sagi Max is a bot that requires more skill and finesse to game warrior with than many bots. Add to the fact that you're mostly UC only, and you already have another barrier to overcome. I just hope you won't become disillusioned with the fact other gara based moes are *so* much better; because if you ever do get them, you'll be ready to play them much better than people who pick them up based on player reviews *cough EVE cough* or looks. And the damage? Well, it depends on the bot and your loadout/build in the end.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
DavidRain wrote:

no, if you are experienced you will be able to trace the shot back simply by the point of impact -.-

that being said, snipersight is still a majorly underestimated card because it lets you land the first hit safely, i never looked at it for consecutive hits - anybody would start evasive maneuvers after being hit once, no matter if he knows where the shot came from or not
sniper sight is seriously useful on 1 shot big boom like railgun , Eevee blast or Sub Weapon lock on ... since your target never know someone actually aim at you till the shoot landed...

on consecutive hit ,obviously anyone will manuver away if get hit, but at least you still got first initiative due no detection... (especialy combined with stealth system) make it already too late and suffer lot damage before evasive action taken...

Shaftronics wrote:

Sir, 25 Walk OR Fly will suffice.

WITHOUT Boost Run, even. Saggi max is very reliant on the map, how you play, perch points and if you have a sniping buddy or someone to watch your back. Its not just a herpderp I spam roll and hold both mouse button bot or just hold left mouse button and strafe for 5 minutes for gamewarrior bot.

Those who go 40 Tec for the killing/stopping power over a movement stat, if you can ahndle it, the payoff is there.

Those who pick mobility; What the fuck do you need so much for? You're in the wrong perch/area. Lul.

both are fine depend on playstyle actually

high damage of course highly favored, since your presence in field become significant due you can shoot down your target fast.
while more mobile you are more you can move around find hiding /sniping spot before enemy comes, or retreat easily when situation get worse.
of course if can achieve both, are better... also you can use movement catridge like boost run to cover mobility weakness

ngelicdark wrote:

Anyways, gl to you OP. Sagi Max is a bot that requires more skill and finesse to game warrior with than many bots. Add to the fact that you're mostly UC only, and you already have another barrier to overcome. I just hope you won't become disillusioned with the fact other gara based moes are *so* much better; because if you ever do get them, you'll be ready to play them much better than people who pick them up based on player reviews *cough EVE cough* or looks. And the damage? Well, it depends on the bot and your loadout/build in the end.

im agree , sniping itself is Art (not ARTilerry, but well... close) , you need train and get used with it... it isnt autohoming missiles or rapid assault gun which can be swinged around ...

well... actually not only saggi, it applies for any bots who using fast ultra long range single non homing shot... like gathima Breaker AM/BD... thoarla Jupitizer AM... Breaker Gun ... negatron cannon... uuuh... what else?

Last edited by Courius on Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:21 pm

[edit]
wops.... pardon me double post... seems accidently i push send twice due lags...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
DavidRain
Despairing Abbey
Despairing Abbey

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:48 pm

ngelicdark wrote:

Also David, it seems like you enjoy insulting people instead of their arguments they put forth. For future reference, it'd be unwise to be burning so many bridges so easily by doing something as foolish as that. If you're willing to diss other ppl on internet forums for their arguments, then I wouldn't be so wrong to assume that you would jump the gun as easily as you would irl.

Wait a sec, dude I didn't even swear or anything how'd I insult you or anyone? All I said was 21 walk and 10 fly boost run speed was laughable to decent lands. Then I said that snipe sight was important and those who said its useless didn't even try it in the first place. I didn't insult YOU, did I? And for the record I only flamed once. And that was because of personal issues that pissed me off. Which I already appologised and meant it, so why are you calling me out saying that I'd shoot someone? Seems abit unfair.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:06 pm

DavidRain wrote:
ngelicdark wrote:

Wait a sec, dude I didn't even swear or anything how'd I insult you or anyone? All I said was 21 walk and 10 fly boost run speed was laughable to decent lands. Then I said that snipe sight was important and those who said its useless didn't even try it in the first place. I didn't insult YOU, did I? And for the record I only flamed once. And that was because of personal issues that pissed me off. Which I already appologised and meant it, so why are you calling me out saying that I'd shoot someone? Seems abit unfair.

Good sir, I believe you didn't even see the rest of what I put up besides the 21/10 Boost Run.
I put Broad Radar on the Saggy Fatass build for a reason.
Your goal is not to outrun any Land. That, I believe, is difficult to do owing to the fact that 1)Heavy ART's movement stats usually suck balls without tuning, 2)the fact that their movement stats suck limits the amount of upgrading that you can do. Land, in contrast, usually holds OJ/Red/Purple tier Boost Run. The very best that you can accomplish on Saggy is probably OJ tier run. You would also be sacrificing Railgun power for mobility, which in my view is utterly insipid due to the fact that most Saggy players do the majority of their damage through the rails.

Not to mention that mobility is somewhat wasted on a fatass like Saggy, as his battlefield presence is large enough that people can hit you no matter how much mobility you put on him. There's simply too much material for people to target when attacking Saggy Fatass.
Example: I ran circles around a Saggy Fatass with a 25 WLK SwayFlamme spamming Combat Mag shots. I waltzed out of the area about 30 seconds later without a scratch. The Saggy was a pile of steaming scrap metal.

Therefore, IMHO, overtuning mobility on something like Saggitary is a waste of time and material. It's indicative of the idiocy in the metagame that mobility > firepower every time. It's usually true, I admit, but in the case of building a bot that's going to be fatass no matter what you do, why not go for maximum firepower? You can't possibly lose out if you have maximum firepower and some mobility to match.

And BT, if you don't think what I'm saying is right, why don't you put forward a build of your own? Just saying that I'm part of the idiots who are hiding the fact that ART > AIR doesn't do much unless you can show it. Put forward some proof.
Back to top Go down
DavidRain
Despairing Abbey
Despairing Abbey

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:02 am

Dude you forgeting that I didn't say that that build is bad I just said that 21 walk 10 fly boost run speed is really slow and I stated that 25 tec can be reached with little to no effort. Further more all I said was I agreed with BT that 25 walk and fly would be usefull if not life saving. I did not say anything here was trash all I said was it made me laugh when I read some one say that snipe sight was useless when he stated he or she never bothered to use it on any of his or her bot. Re read the posts again. I don't want to argue over a bot that we both agree is AWESOME 40 tec is great on Sagi, that I can agree with. But sacrificing that much mobility that you can't reach OJ boost run is sad cause I managed 40 tec and still had OJ speed in JP before my account got hacked. I'll post a build if you want proof when my com allows me to but please don't call me out like that and insult me by saying that I'd shoot someone. Thats abit unfair when I didn't even quote you and then swear at you or say that you'd be an ass in real life. Gawd why are you even quoting me over this I didn't even say that build was bad just that it could be better.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:07 am

I assume you used full 3s parts on your JP Saggy build.
I also assume that OP has no RT with which to acquire 3s parts other than the random part obtained through Arena/farming Arcantus or Bastagant.

Therefore, obtaining OJ tier run is in my view out of OP's reach unless OP decides to use full stock Saggy parts, which I'm not even sure are full 3s(they probably are but I haven't checked).

And yes, Sniper Sight is definitely useful on Saggy. Since you're not going to be spamming shots, this lets you get in a hit or two and back off. Then get back into position, snipe some other poor idiot, rinse and repeat.
Back to top Go down
DavidRain
Despairing Abbey
Despairing Abbey

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:28 am

No my JP bots were shop rt I was younger that time so I had no money the only 3 slotted rt parts that I used were thorla lg that I got from cube it was amazingly 3 slotted. The other stuff were 2 slotted cube bot hd(I forgot which) and the other 2 bs were 1 toy box Bs(2 slotted) and another 3 slotted M sized UC bot bs(again forgot which one,sorry)
At lvl 10 my JP sagi had 25 walk and fly with 40 tec but negative str and 12 tough I think(tuned capacity once if I remebered right)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2