Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?

Go down 
+12
Malphes
boytitan2
ngelicdark
CapeMike
BNOISE
Courius
Mew
Trill
FireKiller87
Dracatis
Squishy
bubiche
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bubiche
bubiche

How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? Empty
PostSubject: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:58 am

Well... I had done some offers to get 50 Rt and decided to buy Saggi simply because of his look but i really want to know how to use him (play style, replace any parts, weapons to use,tune,...).
I heard somewhere that i should use 2 shields since his railgun is more than enough. Is that a good idea?
I Really thank you and appreciate all your help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Squishy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Squishy

Female Posts : 143

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:21 pm

push WRK stat (sacrifice STR and FRY to 1 minimum) and get boost run
hint: use STEER RIDER for da feets

get both EIW carts and broad radar

maybe consider sniper sight or sneaky system

consider one back up weapon for face2face pew pew, rike handy zook or brast zook (burner works too but ROR BARON MEREE)

must pray rike a cowardry, camping bastage and stick with main team body ass muchi as possibre, and support dem by sniping down da AIRs (use broad radar to check for juiciest targets)

practice practice and memorize best sniping spotz dat haff gud retreat routes
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Personally I prefer FLY to WLK on my Maxis, because several melees have issues hitting things in air. And when you get good you can stand on tree and walk forward just in time to counter your knockback and stay up there. You might need a second weapon tell you get both EIW but after get two shields and snipe everything to death.

But yea Squishy is right for the rest of it. You can shoot and run but you want to stay with others or in out of the way places to avoid getting targeted by an up close encounter cause your not gonna be a faster flyer/runner then most that try to chase you down. You'll get mass damage and score the more you are ignored or deemed not worth the trouble.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Dracatis wrote:
Personally I prefer FLY to WLK on my Maxis, because several melees have issues hitting things in air. And when you get good you can stand on tree and walk forward just in time to counter your knockback and stay up there. You might need a second weapon tell you get both EIW but after get two shields and snipe everything to death.

But yea Squishy is right for the rest of it. You can shoot and run but you want to stay with others or in out of the way places to avoid getting targeted by an up close encounter cause your not gonna be a faster flyer/runner then most that try to chase you down. You'll get mass damage and score the more you are ignored or deemed not worth the trouble.

Truth. But you need to stay with at least two or more allies at all times. If somebody sees a fatass shooting at them with a giant railgun and there's nobody around to help Mr. Fatass, they're going to come after you. Saggy Fatass is not fast enough to save his own ass from anything except another fatass.

Get a bazooka until you're proficient with the Railgun, then drop the bazooka and pick up two shields.

No melee worth his or her salt will have problems hitting stuff that flies, honestly.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Not sure why people take two shields. At the most, they will cover the arms they hold IF you take arms that hug the body extremely tightly. A better setup IMO will be a Middle/Large Bazooka IMO , as they work nicely in close ranges where using a charging type weapon would be disadvantageous(good luck firing the first time some DBMG seraph or gatling starts shooting your face off). As for the other hand, I use a pompom, but if you'd like more diversity, you can use something such as Box Missiles, or Rocket Launcher. Main problem with fly based Saggi is that his aiming height is neutered due to his body leaning during flight, he lacks quick boost meaning having to move constantly due to some melee breathing down your neck will end with you not being able to escape due to lack of boost (Boost run gets 7 seconds of movement, if they take boost run, while fly based arts will get 4), and that turning speed is also gimped in flight, making firing difficult at times(before anyone says EVE, I was always under the impression that she is only able to pull it off because of her projectile size, and that walk-based hopping was a better route if you could manage it)
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 12:06 am

Small Saggy LGs.

Blast Bazooka (?)

Boost Run.

Viper Shield?

Tune for TEC. Don't forget your double missile bits.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 1:11 am

Aegis wrote:
Small Saggy LGs.

Blast Bazooka (?)

Boost Run.

Viper Shield?

Tune for TEC. Don't forget your double missile bits.

>negatory for small LG part to me... at least foundout i can aim something easier with that railgun if you a bit taller, especialy peeking from lower elevation / small cover is easier if you tall... despite it make you easier to spot. if they see you, it's already too late cause railgun charged already...

>anything that can give you advantage for short-mid combat , not must blast zoka. something like : L size rapid shotgun (compact shotgun or something, bastagant drops) , gattling zoka, rage machineguns , Grenade , long burner, dragon fang, or even jet hammer is fine.

>Viper Shield a bit useless for normal players due it wont cover Saggi BD size, but for ppl who used using it can be save life alot (turn your body so the shoot land on shield)

> TEC is a must for Snipers

> Dual missile Bit too much give attention , im prefer using dual rifle bits or sniping turret , more sniper barrel never hurt, especialy auto snipers company.

my Addition :

>Sniper Sight is a must for lv 9 bots, you dont want your opponent run away due they realised you point a railgun at em

>Stealth system is optional, but useful if you wanna hide longer in same spots...

>another optional : Howitzer AMJ. main point isnt the howitzer , but ultra long range enemy spotter... you can aim and charge your railgun to the white-lock-on direction before the red-lock-on comes... you can rid the AMJ if you got used already with his Railgun...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 1:16 am

Kamui Staff like a boss.
Kamui Staff > Bazooka
Back to top Go down
bubiche
bubiche

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 1:21 am

Thanks guys ^^ You helped me a lot.
I assume i should increase my TEC then. But about WLK and FLY, what should i take? And do I need some TGH?
Er... Sorry but what is Kamui Staff? Can someone please widen my knowledge? :">
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 1:22 am

Stealth and Sniper Sight are great fun with any of the Saggis...; you can get in 2-3 Railgun shots before your victim even realizes where you are if you've been careful! Very Happy

Boost Run is also helpful, as fat art is fat.... <_<;
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:39 am

Sniper>Stealth.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Personally don't like sniper sight on any bot. I feel like it's a crutch no matter what yo use, because there will be a player that's aware enough to know what's hittin them. And honestly, it's not too hard to tell what's a railgun bullet, and what's not.

My setup for my Sagi III (I never had a Sagi...) was a large baz/viper shield and his core. The large baz I was eventually gonna trade up for a titan zook, but I've chosen that loadout for flexibility. If you don't care about AIRs being in your face (Because they won't ever be~~), go for dual shields so it's less on cost, and more on HP. If you're not an RT player (which I guess so because you're using Sagi, and not something like Genbura, Mialy, EVE, etc.), then your most important priorities are two things: BR and TEC.

Get at least 20 FLY to move around, and make player awareness your crutch between survival and death. If you see a melee moving from behind you, take cover between meat shields, warn the team, and hopefully the melee will be taken down before you get too hurt. You should probably get used to a small Sagi because you won't have a lot of mobility to save you; so shrink your hitbox to save yourself more of a headache.

Other than that, it's really just practice. Each railgun fires in a slightly different way (take it from me, I've toyed around with most of the ones available) but once you keep playing, you'll get a feel for how far ahead you'll have to aim. Also, you can't lag -_- Or, at least, you must have the equal latency of most of the population. You can't hit something if it just lags through your shot that took you longer to pull out than say a bazooka -_-
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:10 pm

Eww non of yall know what the hell what u are talking about.

Figure out a way to get ec fly and wlk 30 get both internal weapons that the key to a balanced saggi. Also Learn boost run and get both core ups.

Do what these ppl said u will just be a free frag.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:37 pm

30/30 br with 30 tec is gonna be borderline impossible .-.

If you can pull it off in cosmicalc, then I'll believe you .-.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:36 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
Eww non of yall know what the hell what u are talking about.

Figure out a way to get ec fly and wlk 30 get both internal weapons that the key to a balanced saggi. Also Learn boost run and get both core ups.

Do what these ppl said u will just be a free frag.
have you even used a saggi before
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:42 pm

You took boytitan seriously? I'm disappointed.

He used a full.commando of Boost running Saggis with titan bazooka. Fed very well against BRD in the first clan tourney.

Anyway, just don't shoot while you're flying, if possible. I like having a large bazooka, if not blast, to deal with things up close. Blasting a seraph with a speed tuned large bazooka for 70's repeatedly is nice.

In my opinion, having a secondary weapon like a bazooka will give you a better option when farming or non-sniping combat. But as all "true" snipers, not getting yourselves in that situation in the first place is the best defence.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Trill wrote:
30/30 br with 30 tec is gonna be borderline impossible .-.

If you can pull it off in cosmicalc, then I'll believe you .-.

I doubt this would be practical, the cost, horry crap.
Yet, it met the requirements. 30, 30, 30, boost run.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:56 pm

Shaftronics wrote:

Anyway, just don't shoot while you're flying, if possible. I like having a large bazooka, if not blast, to deal with things up close. Blasting a seraph with a speed tuned large bazooka for 70's repeatedly is nice.
No.
Like I said
Kamui Staff > Bazooka at any size

maybe to be more specific
excluding blast bazooka and handy bazooka.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 10:29 pm

BNOISE wrote:
Shaftronics wrote:

No.
Like I said
Kamui Staff > Bazooka at any size

maybe to be more specific
excluding blast bazooka and handy bazooka.

Good Luck fending off that Seraph with a tuned plasma gun.

Not to mention how strapped for cap a tuned, broad + 2 EIW Saggi would be.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Shaftronics wrote:

Well your large bazooka is basically the same cost.
Kamui Staff gives you higher damage when it comes to damaging a target in front of you if you compare them.

As for the Seraph, well RUN AWAY! Arrow
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 12:19 am

BNOISE wrote:
Shaftronics wrote:

Well your large bazooka is basically the same cost.
Kamui Staff gives you higher damage when it comes to damaging a target in front of you if you compare them.

As for the Seraph, well RUN AWAY! Arrow

idk... mostly seraph in JP kinda love engange ultra long range combat with ranged tuned weapon... except Frau Legged... so mostly i just railgun em down...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 1:41 am

ment 25 at least of tec,wlk and fly,. My was thinking of my maxis 3 builds but they have capa tuned legs making it possibe to get those stats.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:58 am

boytitan2 wrote:
ment 25 at least of tec,wlk and fly,. My was thinking of my maxis 3 builds but they have capa tuned legs making it possibe to get those stats.

...What.

No, you get 40 TEC, Boost Run, and a handheld. Mobility can be slightly more neglected because Saggy Fatass is a sniper's bot, not a run-n-gunner.
Try this. This is Saggy Fatass I, right?
I'm also assuming you used all your RT to buy Saggy Fatass I, so most replacement parts are UC with the exception of Thoarla LG.

"Saggy Fatass I, 40 TEC 15 TGH 19/10 BR":

Alrighty, so 40 TEC gives 62 damage on the rails and 37 on the Handyzooka. I forget what 19/10 BR is, but it should be decent. Not superb though.
Accel Saber AM gives you the ability to tune more mobility(+2 WLK). Saggitary Maxis AM gives you +30 HP. Take your pick, your TEC will not be affected. Saggy Fatass also gains +2 TGH and -2 STR from Accel Saber AM.
Broad Radar gives you more time to put your ass in Boostrunning gear if a melee is coming to gut you. Internals are obvious.
Be warned that Saggy Fatass I doesn't have Quick Boost, so your gauge will recharge a bit slower than if you did have QB. Keep that in mind if you're fleeing for your life, and make the most efficient use of your gauge.
Slayer Bit helps defend yourself from melee if it ever gets that close.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Dont listen to a word FireKiller said hes part of the reason ppl dobnt realize arts are actualy more op than airs. If my aim in this game didnt fail I could prove that.
Back to top Go down
bubiche
bubiche

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:46 am

FireKiller87 wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:

...What.

No, you get 40 TEC, Boost Run, and a handheld. Mobility can be slightly more neglected because Saggy Fatass is a sniper's bot, not a run-n-gunner.
Try this. This is Saggy Fatass I, right?
I'm also assuming you used all your RT to buy Saggy Fatass I, so most replacement parts are UC with the exception of Thoarla LG.

"Saggy Fatass I, 40 TEC 15 TGH 19/10 BR":

Alrighty, so 40 TEC gives 62 damage on the rails and 37 on the Handyzooka. I forget what 19/10 BR is, but it should be decent. Not superb though.
Accel Saber AM gives you the ability to tune more mobility(+2 WLK). Saggitary Maxis AM gives you +30 HP. Take your pick, your TEC will not be affected. Saggy Fatass also gains +2 TGH and -2 STR from Accel Saber AM.
Broad Radar gives you more time to put your ass in Boostrunning gear if a melee is coming to gut you. Internals are obvious.
Be warned that Saggy Fatass I doesn't have Quick Boost, so your gauge will recharge a bit slower than if you did have QB. Keep that in mind if you're fleeing for your life, and make the most efficient use of your gauge.
Slayer Bit helps defend yourself from melee if it ever gets that close.
Thanks Very Happy That build looks great Very Happy
Btw, i can do more survey to get Rt so is there any Rt parts replacement in the build?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?   How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to use Saggitary Maxis effectively?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next