Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta

Go down 
+8
FireKiller87
rei_hunter
Suguri
Shaftronics
bippusuta
Fireflywater
Priskern
Klinkin
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta Empty
PostSubject: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Recently, the meta has become very heavy on art types; it's not uncommon to see half of a team as arts. The obvious answer to this is a melee land, something along the lines of a Mighty Byne, but after talking to several veterans in Iconoclast, the consensus seems to be that UC players don't have any good options for that archtype. As a player who uses airs almost exclusively, this new meta has been rather hard on me; does anyone have any ideas for UC bots to counter large numbers of RT arts?

I've already heard about hoppers, and while my playstyle just really doesn't fit with the hooping technique, I'm willing to try that; what tunes do hoppers use?
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Not much choice on UC melee, UC land function as hopper most of the time. Your best bet is a tuned red squealer am attach lnd or jikun, which works fine too. They teleport through attacks enough to confuse people relying on auto aim sub.

Try misty hollow(try and grab one from monthly uc-rt or luck out from lotto/event robot cubes.)
Since most art don't hold an melee weapon, a misty with her mist activated can proves to be a major headache to an art.
Either that or play an art lol! ?

Though with that mention...I still see quite a lot of air though, most people will swap to one upon their 1st bot dying (IF they die that is :/).

Last edited by priskern on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:50 pm

If one enjoys to gun rather than spamming M2. I found success with flanking an ART, pummeling with Drum Gun rounds, and the rifling when they get too far. But the joke is to get past their long(?) range. Going around works, and remember that your booster flare is an easy sign of "OH HEY AIR" or something.

Or, play defensively. Classic ARTs do that, doing what they do helps avoid conflict between them.
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

Male Posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Pawnger hopper using Custom Magnum, Handy Bazooka, or Boost Gun (Rt shop) + buckler

Red Squealer hopper using Bazooka or Eight Vulcan + viper shield

If you are looking to target Art then Eight Vulcan Red Squealer is probably your best choice, the only Art that could really cause it a lot of trouble is Alba HD builds. Tune Wlk to somewhere in the mid 20s to low 30s (ask someone who cares if you are looking for breakpoints) then put the rest in Tec/HP. You could be a big loser and use Shino but I think Red Squealer's escape ability is too important for a k-shield-less UC build.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Yo, melee only player here.

UC Melee? Best bet would be Katana Max.

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t5848-full-uc-katana-max-melee-development-project

Or you could be a fag and use a Jikun and lag like a baws.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:40 pm

Jikuns are fine even if they don't lag, thanks to having their melee attached to their legs and BD. You can actually buy a UC Jikun from the shop and put the legs on something else, like a Katana Max if you so wish, however.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:17 pm

Red Squealer's still a solid UC melee option. Usually though I can deal with arts on gunner lands or even airs by using a dual 3way, axesword, or slayer bit.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:29 pm

Mighty Bynes are pretty common from the Robot Cubes. Those might be a good way to get rid of art heavy types.

Other than that, you should go play Chibi Union War Rooms to get ahold of Eight Vulcan Mod...

Another option could be Sharhead, or a Red Squealer Fag Bot.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:22 pm

-Jikun, with or without lag
-Red Squealer AM, or you can use the bot as well.
-LazFlamme works well as a mobile gunner with either Sway or Short Boost
-I tend to use Seraph Crim as a soft counter to fatass ARTs, as they tend to use missiles rather than bazookas. Smaller ARTs tend to use bazooka-type weapons, and are harder to strike from the air. 1x/2x Internals easily neuters missiles. Albatreos HD and Lily Le Reve are significant threats to this strategy, as well as anything with multiple Psygun weapons.
-Hopper Air with Slayer Bit + either shield or high-Force weapon
-ARTs using missiles exclusively are poor at attacking in close range. If you can get a gunner in their faces, they'll have a hard time attacking back. Most things with OJ-tier+ Boost Run can get in there quickly without suffering extreme damage.
-You can play an ART yourself as well. To outgun the opposition, you'll have to have something or do something that sets you apart from the rest. I don't recommend Alphag builds as they tend to be extremely slow and fat, turning your ass into a BP coffin(although it's possible to do well with it). Smaller ARTs, such as Lily Rain or Victory 1, tend to work better against fat ARTs as they are much more mobile and can easily make up for their lack of heavy firepower and average HP.
-Fighting smaller ARTs is a lot more annoying than it looks. It's tough to shoot them from the air, as the smaller target means you're less likely to hit the target directly and you need to account for leading, height difference, and lag. Your best bet is a mobile LND gunner with one, maybe two efficient secondary melee attack(s), like a hybrid-built Jikun Hu/Long. LazFlamme also works in this vein. Carts to take for this are Short Boost or Boost Run. Sway is also a good choice(although I hear it does weird shit to projectiles you fire when swaying). Float Dash tends to fuck with your aim harder than either Short Boost or Boost Run, so I would avoid that.

As for hopping tunes, tune WLK, keep FLY over 0(I dunno if you can sub FLY for WLK with Short Boost, never having used it myself) and tune TEC as you'll probably be shooting. If you are meleeing, tune STR. Be wary when meleeing with Short Boost as some melee, like Jikun LG, have different forms of attack when airborne.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:37 pm

I still see more airs and lnds than arts. scratch

UC solution? Lag.
Jikuns that doesn't lag die pretty damn fast, same about hoppers and lagquealers.

BTW, you don't need melee to kill most of the arts out there (since when the team is actually half arts, more than half of those arts are low ranks). A small Accel with a nice gun will do just fine, without hopping.
Back to top Go down
IAmTheGuy

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:44 am

Seraph Crimrose lul.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:57 am

God is a Cat Girl wrote:

UC solution? Lag.
Jikuns that doesn't lag die pretty damn fast, same about hoppers and lagquealers.

BTW, you don't need melee to kill most of the arts out there (since when the team is actually half arts, more than half of those arts are low ranks). A small Accel with a nice gun will do just fine, without hopping.

Anything with no lag that's played without skill, will die pretty fast, y'know.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 10:24 am

Any or most land cores can give trouble to arts, it's matter of mobility.

But for those 38 fly + float dash and 38 fly + quick boost + accele roll arts...don't even think about pursuing alone.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Shaftronics wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:

UC solution? Lag.

Anything with no lag that's played without skill, will die pretty fast, y'know.
Yeah, but those who doesn't lag doesn't really play as much skill as they play with gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 3:10 pm

Fizaliven + Squealer AM(x2 or axe) + Buckler + Hopper

You can even keep the HD for dropping grenades on groups or taking out wonderbits/shields that get in the way. If you set them on fire it's an easy kill too. If you run with an Axe you can do the running spin to do mass damage to a crowd or regular swings for taking out one person with your Squealer punch ready when you press E or good damage ending the combo.

It's effective enough to take down a few ARTs with skill and cheap enough that if you get stuck in an unlucky barrage the cost will hardly effect your score(team or personal).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta   UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta Empty

Back to top Go down

UC Answer to Current Art-Heavy Meta
Page 1 of 1