Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER

Go down 
+6
NovaZero
Courius
Asagi-san
reVelske
Naisha
Moghul
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER Empty
PostSubject: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:17 am

right, so how do i go about it?

need a full build ( her legs and bs cannot be added to the build-on another bot)

EDIT: if not really feasible, any other build will do. i don't want her to rot in my inventory.
Back to top Go down
Naisha
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Naisha

Female Posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:32 am

i think Thoarla is not suit for PS breaking:
-Shes too Fat, i mean her bot
-Cannot Equip Head
-Her Cost is Pretty high

Some stuff you will need:
-Custom shotgun
-Build-in main weapon AM
-Asura AMJ
-Tentrion HD

Any BD with high Tgh and HP will be nice.
Back to top Go down
http://vnsharing.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=994
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:44 am

Naisha wrote:

-Custom shotgun
-Build-in main weapon AM
-Asura AMJ
-Tentrion HD

IMHO, any more than quad CSG/MMBG is excessive, and these asura AM builds rely heavily on the PS defenders being mentally crippled, otherwise they are nothing but cannonfodders.

And Thoarla? Give her an omega blaster and a shield and you are in business., FLY + TEC the bitch, propeller bit helps a tiny bit too. Circle strafe PS and shoot, nothing fancy.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:09 am

^ gotcha, thanks!

any other GOOD builds for dat thoarla?
Back to top Go down
Naisha
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Naisha

Female Posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:16 am

@^:
Shes a moe xD
Back to top Go down
http://vnsharing.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=994
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

Male Posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:14 am

amscray wrote:
^ gotcha, thanks!

any other GOOD builds for dat thoarla?

If you mean any other builds than the PS breaker you requested, there's always the generic Lightning Gun build. Stick a Shaden BS on her, get her TEC / FLY to around low 30's, tune the lightning gun to 500 speed, and there's a Buriden for you.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:13 pm

im ever saw a shaden-boostered thoarla bust a PS from full health using only her jupitizer... prolly full internal upgrade... she fly so damn high even i think only full internal saggi or triple great reach linear cannon can hit her from ground...

the problem... imo, i dont think it really worth the trouble get 2 jupitizer upgrade... something like blaster rain seems better...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:31 pm

If only we had Frazia...
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:59 pm

lol maybe i should have been clearer.....

i got thoarla from the 50 rt /month... i'm a uc player. which means... no shaden bs, no lightning arm, etc, etc.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Stardust Cannon + Viper Shield and 38 fly Thoarla was my main bot all the way up until star rank.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:08 pm

I like the concept of Thoarla + Dual Omega Blaster, although it sucks at distance(the spread on that bitch...). She needs something to shield her if you dual any type of weapon because her exo is so goddamn fat.
If you single-wield, get a tighter AM and get a nice little Viper Shield(put the viper on the AM closer to Thoarla's body), and you're in business.
Like Sugu said, Stardust Cannon's also a nice option. It lacks the spreadshot and quick RoF of CSG/Shotguns/Blasters/Omega Blaster, but it deals quite a bit of damage per shot and, with support, can easily take out a PS.
Hyper Shot is required on any and all Thoarla Breaker builds. Omega doesn't fire as fast as a CSG(but does put out a lot more hurt) and simply can't eat a PS in two seconds unless you hypershot it. Same with SDC, even more so in this case.

Thoarla's really tight on cost, so count on making a lot of room for Omega Blaster if you dual(it's 400 cost total, and that's a bitch). Especially if you tune a lot.
To make her easily feasible, put all of your Thoarla's tunes toward FLY. Her base TEC and TGH are more than sufficient for a good, arena-feasible build.
Crimson Veil is an option if you suffer once you charge at the PS, but it eats 30 cost that could be put towards FLY and is a very expensive tune if you don't use Handa Cosmos.
Thoarla's base mobility is very poor considering her parts, so tune to at least 31/32 FLY so she can get the fuck outta there once her job is done(or alternatively, you can completely skip tunes; just fly in, break the PS quick, and die, because this build won't be feasible for any form of enemy combat).

For carts, get the lowest cost carts possible to cut down on Thoarla's cost. Remember, her job is to break PSes. A breaker build like this is not feasible for any form of prolonged PvP combat, so you're gonna die soon after you break the PS. To avoid raping your score, you need to use as little cost as possible. Make sure the carts still help you out though-they shouldn't be useless.
Back to top Go down
pulupulu

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:53 pm

Since this is about thoarla, I feel obliged to say what I know.

Her BD weapon jupitizer is basically the hardest hitting "single shot" weapon air weapon I know of.
A few key things to know about jupitizer:
--It has beam property. (1.4x vs land)
--It is not truly single hit, as it fire a single 1 damage shot to targeted area first. Whether TGH reduction is factored in or not, I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it does.
--The 2nd shot always yield big damage number sign (like those of critical hit). Whether it is true critical or not, I don't know, didn't test it on 0 tgh bot before.
--It can get back damage bonus. (was back damage +100% or +50%? can't remember)
--It has no vertical height limit for lock-on.
--Enhance Internal Weapon cart only give 1 extra damage per upgrade (worthless, can get way more tech tune for that cost to increase damage)
--From the ground, it is hard to tell that you have been targeted by jupitizer (unless for some odd reason, you were looking at the ground instead of your target)
--Due to slow charge speed, moving targets are impossible to hit. Only really usable on non-moving targets (binded, arty camping, healer healing, afk, etc)
--Can not fire when out of boost.
--Use boost while firing
--Increase your max altitude from +50% to +100%, I can't really tell, but once jupitizer end, you will drop to 50% of what your altitude bar was. You will need to climb altitude again manually.
--Invincibility for majority of the jupitizer animation except beginning and the end. (you can be hit out of jupitizer if they attack right when you activate, and be hit when you begin to lower your altitude)

Difference of Frazia:
--Stun regain (huge survivability boost)
--triple shots jupitizer
----3 random shots, very inaccurate, extremely situational (perfect scenario is epoch encircle island [the map with 1 PS and on mountain platform] where there are massive amount of people scattered in one small concentrated area; all other scenario will fail, including breaking tree for items)
--hair color and bd frame appearance differ

PS breaking
Using the same amount of time, another weapon can fire several clips (2~6 shots) while jupitizer get 1 shot. Can 2~6 shots of your weapon do more damage than jupitizer?
I only see juptitizer PS breaking as a very situational safer breaking method. Most of the time being an arty shooting PS from far range will be better than jupitizer, especially with the amount of arty around on defense. She is really an arty with better booster. UC players don't have easy access to thoarla am3 for range, so maybe negatron rifle will have to be your range option. Or, do what everyone else already say, use omega blaster or stardust cannon.

Personally, I prefer omega blaster:
1. it spray, so I can accidentally hit other bots for some damage score.
2. it penetrate so I can shoot through my allies. (SDC can be completely negated because someone in front of you were too fat)
3. more shots per clip, so thoarla don't have to turn so many times before firing.
4. higher totaly damage in 1 shot (point blank 16 dmg x 9 shots), highly effective against big target. If you ever wonder whats a good counter to large melee only bot with shield... this is it (along with other similar things). (everything in this game is soft counter as far as i know)

Time I wish I was using stardust cannon:
1. when dog fighting against other air, especially small ones.
2. when trying to kill a ground target quickly, especially small ones.
3. when trying to stun something.
4. when trying to hit some thing farther than 100 range.

Basically: Stardust cannon for tactical level, and omega blaster for strategic level. Strategic level = do objective. Tactical level = I punch you, you punch me.

Things I didn't try:
thoarla with 40 tec + quick jump + shaden booster.
-quick jump for regain altitude after jupitizer.
-40 tec for more damage
-shaden booster for flight speed + booster duration. (without shaden booster you can use floater bit, but you need to max WB gauge first; shaden booster also enable you to kind of ignore fly stat during tuning)
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:18 am

You can combine Thoarla's Jupitizer with Propeller Bits for fun little streams of lightning destruction.

1) Thoarlas with lower FLY: Fly in, target immobile groups. When they scatter, retreat for a bit. Go back out when they group up again, blast their asses off, and retreat again. Rinse and repeat endlessly until they shoot your ass out of the sky, in which case you switch to your handheld(preferably, Stardust with double Great Rapid tunes or better, or an Omega Blaster if you prefer close combat) and shoot em until either you die or they do.

2) Thoarlas with higher FLY: Fly in, target either a PS grouping or other immobile groups. They'll scatter, which gives you a choice. You can either follow method 1 above from here(making it much more effective, ofc). Or you can basically become a lightning bomber, scattering enemy forces in your wake and dissolving resistance. Therefore, you help your forces advance and secure control of more and more enemy territory, and makes it more likely for you to win.
Basically, any time enemy forces regroup and try to attack your team as a cohesive force, you dive in and Jupitize their asses. They'll scatter(instinctively avoiding your lightning strike), and try to regroup elsewhere. You hang around, waiting for this to happen. As soon as they try again, you bomb the hell out of them. Essentially, preventing them from attacking as a group and weakening their entire force of resistance.
This strategy depends on 1) your team functioning as a cohesive whole, 2) your skill with Jupitizing enemies.

You also need to keep Wonder Drugs handy so you can have Propeller Bits at the ready whenever you need em, or so you can maintain them continuously(using a WD while your bit's active recharges their useful time fully).
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:02 am

I've attempted Jupitizer with Shaden Booster

The biggest problem is when you freeze to drop the jupitizer bolt, they all manage to follow and hit you while you're at it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER   Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoarla Nimbus PS BREAKER
Page 1 of 1