Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Death-Hallow
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Death-Hallow

Female Posts : 102

Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? Empty
PostSubject: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:01 pm

I need help with Thoarla Nimbus!
I need help fighting with her. Using a Large AIR type is not my style, but I want to try something different, so... Yea.
And, what kind of weapons do I use with her? I'm completely lost on that part.
I have, currently, a Beam Rifle and Blaster on her.
I haven't changed the weapons in a long time because I don't have any better weapons, that I know of. >.>
So, help me with weaponry and combat? Please? :3

Thanks~~~~~~ : D
Back to top Go down
http://death-hallow.deviantart.com/
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:13 pm

Make sure she has at least one of the following: Plasma Gun, Stardust Cannon (<-preferable), Auto Beam Rifle/Auto Beam Rifle Mod. These are your best options weapon-wise for L-air (unless there are some good M/L-size crossbows I'm not aware of that keep up with the previous weapons in performance). I still haven't completely figured out what to use for her other weapon though; currently running stardust + ABR on mine. Twin Blaster, Altair Blaster, and Custom Shotgun are all decent quick-response weapons if you find someone trying to take you on in close quarters.

As far as combat, you can treat her like an S or M-air thanks to her stats. Tune to 40 fly, get in, harass, get out.
Back to top Go down
Death-Hallow
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Death-Hallow

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:26 pm

@Suguri wrote:
Make sure she has at least one of the following: Plasma Gun, Stardust Cannon (<-preferable), Auto Beam Rifle/Auto Beam Rifle Mod. These are your best options weapon-wise for L-air (unless there are some good M/L-size crossbows I'm not aware of that keep up with the previous weapons in performance). I still haven't completely figured out what to use for her other weapon though; currently running stardust + ABR on mine. Twin Blaster, Altair Blaster, and Custom Shotgun are all decent quick-response weapons if you find someone trying to take you on in close quarters.

As far as combat, you can treat her like an S or M-air thanks to her stats. Tune to 40 fly, get in, harass, get out.

Okay, sounds cool, I'll try those weapons, if I have/can get any of them.
I doubt I can get a Stardust Cannon, no RT for me.
Unless there's a UC on. OuO But, I don't think there is.
And, I forgot about the Auto Beam Rifle/Auto Beam Rifle Mod. I'll check that out. xD;
I'll keep all this in mind, thanks! : D
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:31 pm

@Death-Hallow wrote:
I got both of mine off of Fractulus [first was 2*, and then 1*], though people will run Berzelius for them as well. No RT needed. Smile
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:32 pm

Boss runs drop Stardust Cannon, I think all of them drop it on CBEN.
Back to top Go down
Death-Hallow
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Death-Hallow

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:33 pm

@Z741 wrote:
@Death-Hallow wrote:
I got both of mine off of Fractulus [first was 2*, and then 1*], though people will run Berzelius for them as well. No RT needed. Smile

Okay, thanks for telling me! : D
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:33 pm

@Death-Hallow wrote:
@Suguri wrote:

And, I forgot about the Auto Beam Rifle/Auto Beam Rifle Mod. I'll check that out. xD;
Stardust Cannons can be obtained from Haku/Berzelius/Fractulus, although they're rather rare. I think 2-star Berz and 3-star Frac (more to 3-star Frac, of course, but 2-star Berz is obviously easier) had the best drop rates, off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Yeah, Stardust is a boss drop, from 2-3* berz, 1-3* frac, and 3* Haku. It got thrown into gara 3 as well as filler.

Frac most likely has the best drop rate, since it was initially his specific boss drop.

Last edited by Suguri on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Death-Hallow
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Death-Hallow

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:34 pm

@Midreus wrote:
@Death-Hallow wrote:
@Suguri wrote:

Stardust Cannons can be obtained from Haku/Berzelius/Fractulus, although they're rather rare. I think 2-star Berz and 3-star Frac (more to 3-star Frac, of course, but 2-star Berz is obviously easier) had the best drop rates, off the top of my head.

Thanks for the tip~ :3
Back to top Go down
Ayrix

Male Posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:42 pm

@Suguri wrote:
Yeah, Stardust is a boss drop, from 2-3* berz, 1-3* frac, and 3* Haku. It got thrown into gara 3 as well as filler.

Frac most likely has the best drop rate, since it was initially his specific boss drop.
Got mine from 1* Berz, 0-slot.
Not sure about if they can all give 0-3 slots or not.
They're rare anyway, good luck farming.
Back to top Go down
Death-Hallow
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Death-Hallow

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:43 pm

@Ayrix wrote:
@Suguri wrote:

Got mine from 1* Berz, 0-slot.
Not sure about if they can all give 0-3 slots or not.
They're rare anyway, good luck farming.

Thanks for the luck~ :3

Hey, anyone know how much cost the Stardust Cannon is, anyways?
Never mind! : D
I found out, it's 130 cost~

Last edited by Death-Hallow on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Death-Hallow
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Death-Hallow

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Hey, also, what's a good cartridge build?
I was thinking, maybe, like, this?
Tell me if it's okay, (( I'm not good with Cartridge Builds, so, no hate comments if it's lame )):

# Raise Cost Capacity +70
# Short Boost
# Shell Guard
# Sword Guard
# Quick Boost
# Beam Guard or Stealth System (( I couldn't decide between Beam or Stealth because beam weapons don't effect AIR's much and Stealth System would be good to have for flying high above the enemy's PS without an enemy seeing, then hitting the PS, and then running to a near by high cliff or something. Or when sneak attacking unsuspecting enemies, yea... ))

It's in random order, but I think I'm gonna get the Raise Cost Capacity's, (( I don't know if I'm gonna get them all first, or just the majority of them, and get the rest later. One of those two options. )), first and then randomly get the rest. :3 Also, I already have two Raise Cost Capacity, so, that can't be changed.
Back to top Go down
SaberAlter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SaberAlter

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:54 pm

@Death-Hallow wrote:

# Short Boost
# Shell Guard
# Sword Guard
# Quick Boost
# Beam Guard+Stealth System

fixed
Back to top Go down
Death-Hallow
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Death-Hallow

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:55 pm

@SaberAlter wrote:
@Death-Hallow wrote:

# Short Boost
# Shell Guard
# Sword Guard
# Quick Boost

fixed

Thanks, but, what was wrong with those three? Just wondering. :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:58 pm

You don't need short boost, shell guard has too little effect to be called useful, and you won't touch the ground so no need for sword guard.
Back to top Go down
SaberAlter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SaberAlter

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:59 pm

@Death-Hallow wrote:
@SaberAlter wrote:
@Death-Hallow wrote:

# Short Boost
# Shell Guard
# Sword Guard
# Quick Boost

fixed

short boost because you arent going to hop on air bots
shell guard because not many ppl use shell type weapons and besides 10% dmg reduce is nothing
sword guard because you will be in the air 90% of the time and ppl will shoot at you rather than meleeing

edit: got ninja'd by Cori Sad
Back to top Go down
Death-Hallow
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Death-Hallow

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:02 pm

@Cori wrote:
You don't need short boost, shell guard has too little effect to be called useful, and you won't touch the ground so no need for sword guard.

Okay, thanks~ :3
I thought Sword Guard might be a little useful, though, just in case I don't make it to a high cliff in time, (( I've done that before O.o It sucked )), and then get spammed by a land type.
Then again, I started checking my boost gauge all the time, so I guess I don't really need it.

@SaberAlter wrote:
@Death-Hallow wrote:
@SaberAlter wrote:

fixed

short boost because you arent going to hop on air bots
shell guard because not many ppl use shell type weapons and besides 10% dmg reduce is nothing
sword guard because you will be in the air 90% of the time and ppl will shoot at you rather than meleeing

edit: got ninja'd by Cori Sad

Thanks for telling me, too. :3
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:19 pm

I wouldn't even go for stealth system, unless the other team is full of legally-blind players, it does you no good if they can't see you on radar if they can see you on the horizons. If you're worried about getting up high, put on a Tengu BS, it gives you decent stats in addition to 30 quick jump/quick lands.
Back to top Go down
Death-Hallow
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Death-Hallow

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:22 pm

@knyx wrote:
I wouldn't even go for stealth system, unless the other team is full of legally-blind players, it does you no good if they can't see you on radar if they can see you on the horizons. If you're worried about getting up high, put on a Tengu BS, it gives you decent stats in addition to 30 quick jump/quick lands.

Stealth System is good, if you can use it well.
And I wasn't worried about getting up high, I was saying something else.
Thanks for the tip, though. I'll keep it in mind, I guess. : )

~

Now, for my last question... I think it's my last anyways.
What should I do for the two open slots in my cartridges? I have eight so far, from everyone's help, but I still need to fill the last two cartridge slots~~~~~
I don't know what I should chose, though. Ideas?
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:27 pm

I don't have her cartlist atm (and probably not for a while), what carts weren't covered in that last spiel?
Back to top Go down
Death-Hallow
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Death-Hallow

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:29 pm

@knyx wrote:
I don't have her cartlist atm (and probably not for a while), what carts weren't covered in that last spiel?

Um, several. I can't post right now, though.
I've got to go, post it up later.
Or, maybe someone else will, I don't know.
Sorry
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:59 pm

Just going to throw it out there, the most popular Thoarla builds in JP only go up to level 5 (x5 capacity) or level 6 (x5 capacity + quick boost). I had initially leveled my Thoarla to level 10 to get more carts, she doesn't have anywhere near enough capacity to make it work. Not only did I need to remove my tuned arms, I couldn't even fit the weapons I wanted with untuned parts.

To give you an idea of just how tight on cost you'll be after tuning, this is my lv5 thoarla with nothing but capacity carts. Tunes are all either +5 or +10 cost.

Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? Ipwf1f
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 11:58 pm

yuck, 0 wlk, good thing you got that tengu booster. Something tells me thorala was meant to use her weapons as side arms to the core weapon.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:00 am

@Intet wrote:
yuck, 0 wlk, good thing you got that tengu booster. Something tells me thorala was meant to use her weapons as side arms to the core weapon.
Jupitizer's a very, very situational weapon. The only time you'll ever be using it is if you're above a PS or repair bit and haven't been spotted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:02 am

1. Green Field
2. Propeller bit
3. Go from cliff to above PS
4. ???
5. Profit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?   Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her? Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoarla Nimbus - How do I use Her?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com