Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus? Empty
PostSubject: Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus?   Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm looking for a new L air to replace my Aquila MkII. Can somebody help me decide between Baltheon and Thoarla Nimbus as well as supply some possible builds for them?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus?   Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:27 pm

I haven't used Balth (only Aigis), but I've heard regular balth's shield is fairly small and breaks faster than aigis's does. His arms have one of the few still-potent lasers though, I plan to buy him for them. His LG is decent too, though Big Mountaiz's is better. Thoarla is great, she's got great tec and decent fly, and plenty of spare capacity for customization and tuning. She's my most-used air, I definitely recommend her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus?   Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:31 pm

Kouzuki wrote:
I'm looking for a new L air to replace my Aquila MkII. Can somebody help me decide between Baltheon and Thoarla Nimbus as well as supply some possible builds for them?

Thoarla has high default core tec, that's already a plus for her. Baltheon has that infamous shield, all around good thing if you keep yourself out of your enemy's harm.
The most convenient build for most big airs is probably fitting them with stardust cannon. Since you're going to fly WAY above the enemy to not get hit, you need that huge projectile since it has deadly accuracy. Oh, and I don't think that laser AM on baltheon really fits him, the range is too close when you need to be up there. Gara Thoarla's lightning gun AM is also a good weapon. Or you can just get garula AM and be hax.

As for parts, I leave that to you.
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus?   Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Just to add something. Baltheon's shield can help you rack up quite a lot of support points though, and can be helpful at protecting the PS by hovering next to it. It can also help protect people when SUP bots are repairing. Overall, he makes for some nice support. You could mess up a lot of people's aim by being near the ARTs also, making you the target, which would further help you rack up some more support points. Don't rely too much on it though, if you're using the RT one that thing breaks faster than the Aegis one. Or from what it seems like to me, from playing him a few times. I'd ditch the AM weapons though and try to pack some stardust cannon(s) if you can get your hands on them.

- Narcomoeba
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus?   Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:38 pm

It seems like stardust cannon is the way to go for L airs, but would an automatic laser cannon work as a decent replacement? I remember reading a post by someone saying that it's decent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus?   Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Kouzuki wrote:
It seems like stardust cannon is the way to go for L airs, but would an automatic laser cannon work as a decent replacement? I remember reading a post by someone saying that it's decent.
If you compare them, stardust cannon beat it by a mile.
Most air that use ABR is mid or s sized, since they can't equip the big LL cannon. Unless you got Victor's AM, which is basically a stardust cannon for S and M sized air.

But we're talking about L size here, so yeah, stardust cannon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus?   Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:49 pm

Well thanks for the replies everyone! I think I'm going to go with Thoarla and try to find myself a stardust cannon. If my luck from garapon carries over maybe I can get my hands on one. But one last thing, should i replace Thoarla's legs with my Aquila MkII's legs? Aquila's legs have an extra slot so yea..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus?   Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:23 am

Kouzuki wrote:
Well thanks for the replies everyone! I think I'm going to go with Thoarla and try to find myself a stardust cannon. If my luck from garapon carries over maybe I can get my hands on one. But one last thing, should i replace Thoarla's legs with my Aquila MkII's legs? Aquila's legs have an extra slot so yea..
Thoarla's LG also gives booster slot, because she basically doesn't have any booster slot coming with her core.
Her LG also gives 3 TGH, but it's 2 slot, whereas Aquila II has 3. Oh, and Aquila LG is bigger, you might want to think about that too if you're worried about the size.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus?   Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus? Empty

Back to top Go down

Baltheon or Thoarla Nimbus?
Page 1 of 1