Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna

Go down 
+4
bippusuta
anchimon
Yokura
Klinkin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna Empty
PostSubject: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 4:46 pm

Here's the build I'm currently working toward. It's a pretty standard air build; I decided to go with a standard Izuna I pulled from a Ro cube instead of the shop Nagi variant. Anything I should change?
Spoiler:
Most of my parts don't have all three slots filled because they simply don't have three slots; all my Tentrion AMs are 1s. However, both ACs and the Izuna BS have one empty slot, and I'm not sure whether to fill those with Tgh, Tec, or HP tunes, or just leave them empty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:19 pm

One mistake I've noticed is the High run tune and your boost tunes are all High Boost Beta. You're doing it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:41 pm

That High Run is intentional to keep my Wlk above 0. Also, I've heard that High Boost Beta is the most efficient boost tune; did I hear wrong?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Ditch quick land as you don't really need it.
Better to look for parts that can increase bit of the wlk need instead of tuning high run. Accessories are easy way to do it.
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Parts are pretty limited. The Tentrion AMs are definitely staying, and I don't have much in the way of good air 3s legs. Without the BS, I don't have a homing weapon (not that I spam wisps, but they have a place and a time). I could switch up my ACs a bit, but I'd need two +1 Wlk ones, and the only face ACs I have that give Wlk are Berry Earrings and a pair of Flower Pops, neither of which really help any other useful stats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Klinkin wrote:
That High Run is intentional to keep my Wlk above 0. Also, I've heard that High Boost Beta is the most efficient boost tune; did I hear wrong?
Yes, it is the highest efficiency tune, but using the High Run tune screws up the efficiency by a lot.

"The more you try to change the stats, you more cost you have to put on"

Last edited by LXE on Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Revised build a bit. Izuna BS isn't very good for classic AIR. As for High boost beta. A general rule of thumb is if you're going to tune a stat down, don't intend to tune it back up. So if you don't want your wlk to go down to 0, the solution is not to tune a Run tune, but to use Regular Boost tunes, or High Boost Tunes.

Spoiler:

You have 60 free capa to decide whatever you want.

EDIT: Oh, I just remembered Izuna has her internals. You can ditch quick jump and add in SniperSight or Beam Guard if you really want to.
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention, You only need to go up to 38FLY.
Back to top Go down
anchimon
Newcomer
Newcomer
anchimon

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Using the same parts, acc, carts, WB and weapons (20 more capa left):

Spoiler:

Make fly 38 since there is not very much difference between 38 and 40 fly.
I would trade quick land for stun regain but thats just me.
For the baz it would be better with 2 x great rapid beta and what you want in the last slot. If you think 20% speed is enough at least go great rapid beta + rapid (+25 cost, +20% speed, -10% ammo) instead of 2 x high rapid beta (+20 cost, +2%0 speed, -14% ammo).

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:48 pm

Here's what I came up with.
Spoiler:
- 3s Accel Saber AM, EVE Hair Ornament, 3s Mini Bazooka, and 1s Ace of Heart Earrings from Super UC Garapon
- 3s Sword Wing BS is a gift from other players.

I'd say, wait until you get better parts and then tune Izuna. (But then again, I think Seraph Crimrose is a better choice but that is just me)
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

Male Posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Cori wrote:
Ditch quick land as you don't really need it.

I wholeheartedly disagree, quick land is amazing with float dash.

Yokura wrote:
A general rule of thumb is if you're going to tune a stat down, don't intend to tune it back up

That depends entirely on how many slots you have. If you have enough slots that isn't the case.

Let me give an example of this. I've been meaning to tune my Regina for a long time now, so I've gone through this just recently. My goal is to get 34 Wlk and then try to get Tec as high as possible.

Build one, going the way you regularly would.
Spoiler:

Now using High Run Beta (-1 Tec -1 Fly). Your intuition tells you it would make reaching my goal of getting high Tec harder, right?

Spoiler:

The same but with capacity left over for tuning weapons. This is just an example, and it doesn't apply to many bots, but it's a good idea to not be closed minded about tuning and anti-tuning.

Here is how I would build an ABR/Mini-zook Izuna.

Spoiler:

You gain a (much more reliable than Izuna BD) stovl ability, paralyzer mini-zook for droppin' niggas other airs like it's nothing, and stun regain instead of beam guard because it's more universally useful. All using UC parts with a maximum of two tunes per part, assuming you don't care about Str for prop bits. You could use the last 20 capacity to make the High Rapids on the mini zook into Great Rapids but I personally have no trouble hitting with High Rapids.

Last edited by bippusuta on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:15 pm

bippusuta wrote:
Yokura wrote:
A general rule of thumb is if you're going to tune a stat down, don't intend to tune it back up
That depends entirely on how many slots you have. If you have enough slots that isn't the case.
LXE wrote:
Klinkin wrote:
Yes, it is the highest efficiency tune, but using the High Run tune screws up the efficiency by a lot.

He used 6 High Boost Beta and 1 High Run
total cost: 7 slots 45 capacity
Net stat change: +12 fly -4 Wlk -4 Str

Using 4 High Boost Alpha and 2 High Boost
Total cost: 6 slots 70 capacity
Net stat change: +12 Fly -4 Wlk

If you have the slots and don't care about Str then the first choice is obviously much better.
4 High Boost Beta + 2 High Boost
Total cost: 6 slots and 50 capacity
Net stat change: +12FLY, - 4WLK, -4STR
He doesn't have enough slots remember?
bippusuta wrote:
Here is how I would build an ABR/Mini-zook Izuna.

Spoiler:
There are a lot of things I could say that is wrong with that build.
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:25 pm

What's wrong with it?

And sorry I changed the first part of my post you quoted, I'm tired and fucked up in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:35 pm

1. The accesories, Why would you use those? EVE Hair Ornament and Ace of Heart Earrings are the best ones.
2. Tengu BS, if you want STOVL, invest your free RT on a Brickgale BLUE.
3. Great Tough is cost inefficient
4. Build Arm AM, Why? Accel Saber AM has better stats, looks better and is 3s from Super UC Garapon.
5. Paralyze tune on Mini Bazooka, to my knowledge, it will not pop up very often.

Here's another build
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Nilla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Nilla

Male Posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:41 pm

LXE wrote:

5. Paralyze tune on Mini Bazooka, to my knowledge, it will not pop up very often.

You're kidding right? Paralyze tune is a godsend on minizook
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:48 pm

BippuBestAdvice.

There's nothing wrong with Bippu's build, and it looks like the accessories are used to keep wlk up, and to have tough at the 11-breakpoint. Build Arm is a great arm, and is small and helps with accuracy. And as far as paralyze tune.. Expensive, but it'll be helpful. If you're not willing to throw down tune mats for that, that's okay too, because minizook shots on air are pretty much guaranteed stun.

Tengu BS > Brickgale BS iirc. But I personally wouldn't put a STOVL on Izuna since she already has an internal one, even if it is pretty shitty.

imo. As long as you have 38 fly, speed tune your minizook, you're good. Anything else will just make your Izuna better.

A lot of the advice we're giving also depends on how many slots you're willing to tune for. More slots, obviously more options and more efficient. As well as time and effort and tune materials that you will put into it. Tuning all 3 slots of a part is pretty painful, but worth it.
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:57 pm

LXE wrote:
1. The accesories, Why would you use those? EVE Hair Ornament and Ace of Heart Earrings are the best ones.
2. Tengu BS, if you want STOVL, invest your free RT on a Brickgale BLUE.
3. Great Tough is cost inefficient
4. Build Arm AM, Why? Accel Saber AM has better stats, looks better and is 3s from Super UC Garapon.

1) When working with limited slots but not so limited capacity it's always better to pick slotted accessories over unslotted. EVE ornaments aren't available with slots from anywhere and I don't know if the OP has any slotted Ace of Heart earrings from the old UC garapons. They are not slotted in Super UC.

2) I'm not going to tell the OP where to spend money. Brickgale BS is a good investment but it's not for me to choose so I worked with what I knew he would have available. And Brickgale BS2 is better in most cases. Either way Tengu BS is just as good and is available 3s through clan rank ups and friendship rewards, maybe personal rank ups too, I don't remember.

3) If I used all three slots then I could anti tune and it wouldn't be as inefficient, I limited it two per part.

4) Build Arm AM is incredibly cost efficient, provides 1 Wlk for anti-tuning, and is easy enough to get 2-3 slot versions of.

5) Paralyze tunes are amazing and I don't know why more people don't advantage of them. If you are using something that stuns already (like mini-zook) it will stun much harder with paralyze tunes.

Last edited by bippusuta on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:07 pm

Paralyze is kinda of luxury tune. I think most people get so used to a weapons properties they skip over it. That and it's costly at 50 cost. It's a nice tune, but fitting it maybe problematic for some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:24 pm

1. I've gotten 1s Ace of Heart Earrings from Super UC Garapon before.
2. I'm not either, there's free RT every month, but since Izuna already has vanish jump, so I think you won't need it.
3. As Yokura said, if you tune all 3 slots you will get the maximum efficiency out of a build.
4. Build Arm has 2 free stats, and Accel Saber also has 2 free stats. If you have the capacity, go with Accel Saber AM.
5. Sounds reasonable but as Intet said, it is a luxury tune.
Nilla wrote:
LXE wrote:

You're kidding right? Paralyze tune is a godsend on minizook
My bad, I didn't know. Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:59 pm

LXE wrote:
1. I've gotten 1s Ace of Heart Earrings from Super UC Garapon before..

Screenshots or gtfo. Q_Q I want 1s Ace of Heart Earrings. Keep hearing this, and then keep hearing that its false, and and and... >: LXE better not be lyin D< D<
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:20 pm

Yokura wrote:
LXE wrote:
1. I've gotten 1s Ace of Heart Earrings from Super UC Garapon before..

Screenshots or gtfo. Q_Q I want 1s Ace of Heart Earrings. Keep hearing this, and then keep hearing that its false, and and and... >: LXE better not be lyin D< D<

I got slotted ones from previous UC gara..

the ones in super UC are unslotted as far as my rolls go.
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna 0Cpy2
Not a single slotted Ace of Hearts Earrings so far. If they're in there they must be pretty damn rare.
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:11 am

Ok, so I redid the build a bit. The Seraph LGs already have 2 High Boost Beta tunes, and same with the Izuna BS; I tuned those a few weeks ago, so I'd like to work with what I already have.
Spoiler:

Changes:
  • Swapped High Boost Betas on Tentrion AMs for standard High Boost tunes.
  • Added a High Tech Alpha tune onto the Sunflower.
  • Replaced Beam Guard with Stun Regain.

So how important is 40 fly over 38, anyway? I might wind up going 39 by replacing the earrings with something else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna   Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna Empty

Back to top Go down

Build Critique: Classic Air Izuna
Page 1 of 1