Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parts related questions, simple as that.

Go down 
+5
Raven
Klinkin
Yokura
xzpwnz
JupiterJazz5th
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JupiterJazz5th
JupiterJazz5th

Parts related questions, simple as that. Empty
PostSubject: Parts related questions, simple as that.   Parts related questions, simple as that. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:00 am

We all know that the fastest robots on the ground are small land types yes? So what I want to know is that if I take a certain speedy land bot's core and equipped it with medium sized parts, will it decrease the speed even if the speed stat is still the same?

Ok that was confusing, here's what's going on; Right now I'm trying to give my Shadow Hunter with 13 Speed points a bit more speed by switching its AMs and LG with Katana Max parts. Now I have a Katana Max/ Shadow Hunter with 15 Speed but it feels kinda slower. Am I just imagining it or for a bot to be considered small, does all of its parts have to be small-sized?

On the unrelated note, I've noticed that certain parts have unmentioned functions. Like Katana Max's Arm being able to extend more than what it appears. Are there any other parts like this or is it just K. Max's stuff only?
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Parts related questions, simple as that.   Parts related questions, simple as that. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:40 am

The speed doesn't decrease
Domiclown am extends the most
Back to top Go down
JupiterJazz5th
JupiterJazz5th

PostSubject: Re: Parts related questions, simple as that.   Parts related questions, simple as that. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:54 am

So as long as the core remains Small size, it'll still have the small size bot's speed bonus right? Cool then.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Parts related questions, simple as that.   Parts related questions, simple as that. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:49 am

Speed is the same regardless of size.

A 40wlk S size LND will run as fast as a 40wlk L size lnd.
A 40wlk S size ART/AIR/SUP will run as fast as L size ART/AIR/SUP

40wlk LND > 40wlk anything else

Fly speed is the same no matter if AIR/LND/ART/SUP.

What you're experiencing is probably just the feeling of L size LNDs going slower because they're fatter. It -seems- slower, but it is actually not. However, L size does mean a bigger target, so you will still be hit more often than S size. S size is more 'mobile', but L size is just as 'fast'.

Does that make sense? O:?
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Parts related questions, simple as that.   Parts related questions, simple as that. EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:05 am

Wait, so Airs don't get a bonus to fly speed? For some reason I thought they did. Huh...another reason airs are underpowered as a whole (again, not counting all the OP airs out there).
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Parts related questions, simple as that.   Parts related questions, simple as that. EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:19 am

Airs get bonus fly time, that's all
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Parts related questions, simple as that.   Parts related questions, simple as that. EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Too lazy to look at breakpoints, but 13 to 15 WLK might not even make a difference anyway.

Take a look at the "Extensive Guide to Cosmic Break." It has a list of the WLK breakpoints, which is essentially all the points at which your running speed will increase. It has nothing to do with size.
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: Parts related questions, simple as that.   Parts related questions, simple as that. EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:59 am

Klinkin wrote:
Huh...another reason airs are underpowered as a whole

I thought AIRs were the most overpowered type in this game what with the stage curvature and weapon choices etc. that are in their benefit.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Parts related questions, simple as that.   Parts related questions, simple as that. EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:29 am

one question, 40 WLK LND vs 40 FLY, which one faster
nzlk wrote:
Klinkin wrote:

I thought AIRs were the most overpowered type in this game what with the stage curvature and weapon choices etc. that are in their benefit.
yes, untill u find room stacked with muchi, reve, EVE or alba
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Parts related questions, simple as that.   Parts related questions, simple as that. EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:48 am

nzlk wrote:
Klinkin wrote:

I thought AIRs were the most overpowered type in this game
Depends on the IQ of the other players in the room.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Parts related questions, simple as that.   Parts related questions, simple as that. EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:49 am

nzlk wrote:
Klinkin wrote:

Art are
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Parts related questions, simple as that.   Parts related questions, simple as that. EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:53 am

xzpwnz wrote:
Art are

Agreed, granted it takes more work sometimes, but yah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parts related questions, simple as that.   Parts related questions, simple as that. Empty

Back to top Go down

Parts related questions, simple as that.
Page 1 of 1