Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some questions about weapons and parts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
highgrind

Some questions about weapons and parts Empty
PostSubject: Some questions about weapons and parts   Some questions about weapons and parts EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:47 pm

So, tried rolling for alcy and I got trolled hard. I ended up getting two accel missile guns, three sturbanger MK2 and an orpheus ere (all from Halloween Gara).

I usually look into stuff I roll before I just feed to ouka, but these things have me somewhat stumped and since you guys are an ever-flowing well of knowledge I'd appreciate any tips people may have as to how the frick to put these things to use. Basically:

• What the frick do I do with the accel missile guns? They seem to hit decently and I was planning on making an alpha albatreos using both, but 160 cost each means the alba's stats suffer. Anyone got any tips as to what use I could get out of them?

• Same question as above but for the sturbanger. The AMJs were going to go on my alpha albatreos as I lack burst missile AMJs and someone told me they're quite good for alphas. The LGs seem okay, but... 10 ammo is suffering. Are they worth it? Basically, can I use anything on this guy other than the AMJs?

• Is an alpha build with the Sturbanger AMJs and the two accel missile guns worth it or did I just end up rolling a bunch of crap?

• EDIT: Forgot I also got an evil halberd mod. Should I double/triple G.Grap it and stick it onto a crescent saint and break my right mouse button?

Do note that I'm not asking people to build a bot for me, I just want some pointers as to what I could do with the guns and the bots. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
IceCream
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IceCream

Male Posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about weapons and parts   Some questions about weapons and parts EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 12:44 am

1. ) IMO , 1 accel missile is enuff

4.) Why put it on Crescent Saint ? There are other bots that u can stick it with .

And congrats with getting that orphenous .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about weapons and parts   Some questions about weapons and parts EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 12:49 am

IceCream wrote:
4.) Why put it on Crescent Saint ? There are other bots that u can stick it with .
Crescent Saint is a top tier air melee core.
Back to top Go down
IceCream
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IceCream

Male Posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about weapons and parts   Some questions about weapons and parts EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 12:54 am

Diabolical wrote:
IceCream wrote:
Crescent Saint is a top tier air melee core.

Oh. Ok.

Dont have one , haha . just asking

Thanks for the info , man
Back to top Go down
highgrind

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about weapons and parts   Some questions about weapons and parts EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 1:02 am

That and it's the only air core with decent base str I have at the moment. I dislike playing melee though so that's more of a "if all else fails" thing, and even then I have a lux legion I've never bothered tuning.

I'm mostly concerned about getting some use out of the accel missile guns and the sturbanger parts, though some people in-game told me the guns downright suck and the sturbanger AMJs aren't much better, either...
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about weapons and parts   Some questions about weapons and parts EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 8:37 am

Sturbanger amjs are really fucking gay. 2x 11(or something) force beam cancelling amjs that cost so little.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about weapons and parts   Some questions about weapons and parts EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 9:04 am

a 160 cost weapon is not meant to be used on a weapon-heavy alpha setup. Instead you should try for a synergy setup with it using only a few weapons, which makes it much easier to fit everything.
Back to top Go down
highgrind

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about weapons and parts   Some questions about weapons and parts EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 9:20 am

Winty wrote:
a 160 cost weapon is not meant to be used on a weapon-heavy alpha setup. Instead you should try for a synergy setup with it using only a few weapons, which makes it much easier to fit everything.

I've actually never really dwelled into the world of alpha arts. Could you elaborate a bit more? I'm honestly not sure what a synergy setup even is or how exactly I could go around to building something like that.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about weapons and parts   Some questions about weapons and parts EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 4:52 pm

http://puu.sh/cvoTK/8ec9f6d1fb.png

here's a synergy setup. Initially made as a joke build to mimick berz girl's weapons, it works really well. The might bazooka has the highest speed and a good stun modifier, meaning that if I hit with the bazooka, the burst missile shot and psygun shots will hit. If I get hit by disorder+badhoming, the psygun still works. If I get hit by charge delay, I can just shoot the bazooka alone. This allows me to ignore most of the status that would shut down alphas to an extent.

The main thing of a synergy build is having a strong weapon to stun with and then extra damage to follow up after the stun. Usually the stunning weapon is something that works relatively well alone.

Compare this to a more "traditional" setup, where you'd have 2x burst missile amjs, 2x ragna(or rouche) AMs, and a core or HD weapon and get most of your damage from the burst missiles and if they miss you do no damage at all. This kind of setup just relies on the barrier shots to block damage while the missiles do all the work, and the core or head is often an afterthought. The weapons don't work well together, it's just "shoot everything and hope." and it can be really effective starts to suffer against a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
highgrind

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about weapons and parts   Some questions about weapons and parts EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 5:36 pm

I think I got it. Wow, no wonder all people use is autoplay prebuilt moebots nowadays, this shit's more complicated to think out than I initially thought.

Unfortunately I lack many good art parts such as roar AMs and whatnot, so I'm totally lost as to where to go with the accel missile guns. Guess I'll try them out individually or something and see exactly what role they'd fit in. Maybe mount one on my alba after all as the core's got some decent stun. Or something, can't think straight when I'm passing out on my keyboard. Stupid all-nighters.
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about weapons and parts   Some questions about weapons and parts EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 5:41 pm

I have an albatroll, and the illumis AMJs, witch weapons are
better to use in their hands?
Back to top Go down
highgrind

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about weapons and parts   Some questions about weapons and parts EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:09 pm

Maelstrom wrote:
I have an albatroll, and the illumis AMJs, witch weapons are
better to use in their hands?

From what I've seen if you have Illumis AMJs you don't really need anything else. Maybe handy bazookas or dug AMs, a friend's initial albatreos had dual dug AMs and a dagomure BS with a Psycho formula HD2 and it was quite good for the longest time. Most of your damage will probably come from the AMJs anyway. Or at least it seems that way.

Makes me wish I had rolled an illumis instead of the sturbanger. her AMJs are so much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about weapons and parts   Some questions about weapons and parts Empty

Back to top Go down

Some questions about weapons and parts
Page 1 of 1