Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bugsycait Parts Questions

Go down 
+3
Shaftronics
CapeMike
Shance
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

Bugsycait Parts Questions Empty
PostSubject: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:48 pm

Does Bugsy BS actually work? I mean, that cost is ridiculous (a whopping 140 cost), but if it works, I'd put it on any repair bot I have even at the expense of not being able to tune the said bot.

And does it work equally well with the tried-and-tested Bugsy AM2?
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Shance wrote:
Does Bugsy BS actually work? I mean, that cost is ridiculous (a whopping 140 cost), but if it works, I'd put it on any repair bot I have even at the expense of not being able to tune the said bot.

And does it work equally well with the tried-and-tested Bugsy AM2?

In my own testing(which I hope is worth something, given how much I've used all the Bugsy stuff since Beta), The BS is pretty situational...against long-range weaponry, if you can see it coming, it's pretty darn effective, each shield launched will completely stop a projectile/shot and damage any unit touching/passing through it, and the potential spread of coverage is nice on maps with low ceilings....

The AM2(shock-shield) is, of course, a melee bot's worst nightmare come to life, but it also disables ANY sub-weapon of the target it hits...so if you can tag an Ivis with it in between Crimson Veils...her life expectancy can usually be measured in seconds.... Twisted Evil

The AM3(shock-tonfas) from Bugsy Boom is meant for melee-happy players, trading the ability to block ranged attacks for increased damage, and the tonfa has a high animation speed, giving it decent priority.

...does that help? Smile
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:16 pm

The melee has a slow start-up however, leaving the Shield to be significantly more reliable, considering it even blocks ranged attacks in a pinch. Only thing limiting you is the ammo on it.

The BS works well, especially when you know something's coming, or to block incoming missiles and against TBGs if they're in range. But its situational, and with alpha airs, AGs and Kutens, well.

Maybe its just something to put in your side dick, of sorts.
Back to top Go down
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Projectile-wise I don't think I'll have a problem with the timing for the shield. Does it also fend of melee attacks done from a considerable range (i.e. Squealer punch, Jikun lags, etc.)?
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

Male Posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Lag-kuns can just go through it and don't get shocked.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:37 am

Skyr wrote:

The shield has to make contact with the bot itself for the stun/disable to trigger..a smart Kun player can warp right through it and still do damage, but if you're even the slightest bit off-course, your Kun's gonna be a sitting duck!

The BS works quite well against TBG and any slow ranged projectile, but is definately situational.... Smile

Vanguards are a special case with the shield; stunning them on their 1st swing is nearly impossible; I've had solid luck luring them to me, backing away on their 1st swing JUST out of range...if they try to combo and my timing is right, I effectively combo-breaker them as they run smack into my shield...wish I had the means to record this somehow!
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

Male Posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:01 am

If the user of the Jikun is lagging badly(probably on purpose), they can just go through no matter what.
I have even tried on my Long when I was lagging and it doesn't even affect her.
Back to top Go down
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 6:40 am

How about the BS in PS/Hyspershot? Does it make a drastic difference in keeping projectiles away?
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:42 am

Shance wrote:
How about the BS in PS/Hyspershot? Does it make a drastic difference in keeping projectiles away?

No, lol. You still need a lock-on in the first place. That by itself is a flaw.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:50 am

Bugsycait's booster does NOT trigger the shock status. It says so on the booster description. It only blocks attacks and, worse of all, it requires lock-on. That means you're going to have to lock onto an enemy in the path of the projectile you're blocking.

And about the shock shield itself, it does not block anything "too big". Examples would be Red Squealer AM2, Daedalion AM2 (from a certain distance), ANY explosion, Vanguard swords, Rouche-chan's Barrier Shoot (well, you're a sitting duck spamming the shield right?), etc.

I HAVE seen someone counter a vanguard by turning sideways so that the shield's width could reach it.
Back to top Go down
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:53 am

So with the BS not working up to expectations, does it mean I should ditch the BS for something that would just add more/better stats?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:57 am

Shance wrote:
So with the BS not working up to expectations, does it mean I should ditch the BS for something that would just add more/better stats?

Yep. Unless you have a Jack Gadget BS2, a psygun is always appreciated. Oh, or Herizanius BS. That laser isn't so bad.

But yeah that aside, SUP boosters are just for stats.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:11 am

Hyoka wrote:
Shance wrote:

Yep. Unless you have a Jack Gadget BS2, a psygun is always appreciated. Oh, or Herizanius BS. That laser isn't so bad.

But yeah that aside, SUP boosters are just for stats.

Except unlike C21, Herizanius BS is a locked part in CB.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:47 pm

Hyoka wrote:
Bugsycait's booster does NOT trigger the shock status. It says so on the booster description. It only blocks attacks and, worse of all, it requires lock-on. That means you're going to have to lock onto an enemy in the path of the projectile you're blocking.

And about the shock shield itself, it does not block anything "too big". Examples would be Red Squealer AM2, Daedalion AM2 (from a certain distance), ANY explosion, Vanguard swords, Rouche-chan's Barrier Shoot (well, you're a sitting duck spamming the shield right?), etc.

I HAVE seen someone counter a vanguard by turning sideways so that the shield's width could reach it.

Also, jumping straight up(or hopping up, as it were) and using what I call the shock-shield's 'ROFLcopter' mode is an effective way to counter projectiles from above, and can sometimes catch low-flying airs and tall melee bots unaware.... Smile
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:42 pm

CapeMike wrote:
Skyr wrote:

The shield has to make contact with the bot itself for the stun/disable to trigger..a smart Kun player can warp right through it and still do damage, but if you're even the slightest bit off-course, your Kun's gonna be a sitting duck!

They shouldn't, but happens when they lag too much. Mine gets shocked even when I teleport through it.

Also, I find the shockshield more effective when you jump, since if you do that, you can shock people under you, but you can't jump too high. Basically, you don't need to hit with the shield. You will still be hit by vertical slashes, but most horizontal attacks will miss (avoiding it going through the shield and hit you, though on some cases, the going through shouldn't really happen).
I think that you can also extend your flighty time for a couple of seconds with that, though you won't be able to move.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:26 pm

CapeMike wrote:
Only applies to Jikun Long, Jikun Huehuehue lacks invincibility frames with his tackle as far as I'm aware. And if they really are a smart Jikun, they'll have a gun, which won't care about the fact that its owner is shocked.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:

They shouldn't, but happens when they lag too much. Mine gets shocked even when I teleport through it.
That's because, despite common belief, what you see when you see someone lagging and what they're actually doing are two entirely different things. Doesn't matter what your ping is, you have to go around that shield, not through it (unless, again, invincibility frames).
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:18 am

Suguri wrote:
CapeMike wrote:
Only applies to Jikun Long, Jikun Huehuehue lacks invincibility frames with his tackle as far as I'm aware. And if they really are a smart Jikun, they'll have a gun, which won't care about the fact that its owner is shocked.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:

That's because, despite common belief, what you see when you see someone lagging and what they're actually doing are two entirely different things. Doesn't matter what your ping is, you have to go around that shield, not through it (unless, again, invincibility frames).

This is why I've recently seen many more veteran players deliberately trying to flank me...they KNOW I'm hiding a shock-arm behind the Viper Shield, and realize once they get behind or to my opposite side, I'm pretty much defenseless at melee-range.... Still contemplating an alternate setup for defensive battles....
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 7:38 am

CapeMike wrote:
Suguri wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

God is a Cat Girl wrote:

This is why I've recently seen many more veteran players deliberately trying to flank me...they KNOW I'm hiding a shock-arm behind the Viper Shield, and realize once they get behind or to my opposite side, I'm pretty much defenseless at melee-range.... Still contemplating an alternate setup for defensive battles....

My Bugsycait has Sword, Beam and Blast Guard with Broad Radar. I barely get caught off-guard and don't mind taking a few hits to deal more damage in the long run, especially when healing + Broad Radar is awesome when you warn your entire heal group about an approaching vanguard who thinks its time to feed, only for it to be ganged up and chewed out within seconds. Situational awareness is important, you just gotta follow it through.
Back to top Go down
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:23 pm

Well, here's the thing why I asked about Caits: I'm improving a SUP bot I got from the RO cubes. And since it has an abundant supply of FLY for a general purpose bot, I plan to do a float dashing repair bot that can at least defend itself when enemies come close.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Shance wrote:
Well, here's the thing why I asked about Caits: I'm improving a SUP bot I got from the RO cubes. And since it has an abundant supply of FLY for a general purpose bot, I plan to do a float dashing repair bot that can at least defend itself when enemies come close.

That's an interesting idea..definately have to see how that plays out! Very Happy

Repair bots draw fire like rotten natto draws flies...you've GOT to be ready to bolt at any moment....
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Shance wrote:
Hm, I know what your setup is and it sounds similar to mine.

I found the BS viable, but had to drop it to make room for tuning (which I never got around to doing). Bugsy AM will definitely help though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugsycait Parts Questions   Bugsycait Parts Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Bugsycait Parts Questions
Page 1 of 1