Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Junking Robots with Locked Parts + a bunch of other questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 107

Junking Robots with Locked Parts + a bunch of other questions Empty
PostSubject: Junking Robots with Locked Parts + a bunch of other questions   Junking Robots with Locked Parts + a bunch of other questions EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:10 pm

I have a bunch of questions. I searched through the forums and wiki but couldn't find answers to all of these.

1) What happens to locked parts when you junk robots? Do they disappear, stay linked with the BD, or become unlocked? Second option seems most logical, because the third could be abused to unlock any locked parts.

2) What is this CrimRose Store that people are mentioning? (like here)

3) For Cartridges... Which special dash actions are useful? And are defensive cartridges important? I've been raising Capacity for almost every upgrade (have not gone past level 5 yet) and I'm a bit worried that I may be crippling my bot, but I'm really not one for defensive characters. orz

4) I have 100k UC at the moment. I've been rolling Super UC Garapon tons, but I was wondering if it's worth it to spend 150k to get 50 RT before conversion goes away. Would it be better to keep rolling Super UC Garapon or take a break and convert first?

5) Are missions and quests worth doing for drops/UC? I know that quests can be spammed to level bots up quickly, but I've been spending most of my time in Arena because I've never gotten any worthwhile drops from missions/quests.

Thanks in advance. :>
Back to top Go down
PhoenixAir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
PhoenixAir

Male Posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Junking Robots with Locked Parts + a bunch of other questions   Junking Robots with Locked Parts + a bunch of other questions EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Mac2492 wrote:
I have a bunch of questions. I searched through the forums and wiki but couldn't find answers to all of these.

1) What happens to locked parts when you junk robots? Do they disappear, stay linked with the BD, or become unlocked? Second option seems most logical, because the third could be abused to unlock any locked parts.

2) What is this CrimRose Store that people are mentioning? (like here)

3) For Cartridges... Which special dash actions are useful? And are defensive cartridges important? I've been raising Capacity for almost every upgrade (have not gone past level 5 yet) and I'm a bit worried that I may be crippling my bot, but I'm really not one for defensive characters. orz

4) I have 100k UC at the moment. I've been rolling Super UC Garapon tons, but I was wondering if it's worth it to spend 150k to get 50 RT before conversion goes away. Would it be better to keep rolling Super UC Garapon or take a break and convert first?

5) Are missions and quests worth doing for drops/UC? I know that quests can be spammed to level bots up quickly, but I've been spending most of my time in Arena because I've never gotten any worthwhile drops from missions/quests.

1. linked with bd i believe

2. crimrose store is on ground level where you trade in parts for points for accessory cubes or tune mats

3. depends on bot. be specific

4. remember you dont have to buy all 50 rt if you dont want. it is a monthly thing and resets monthly

5. Quests are worth doing(Haku, Berz and Frac drop useful items and mats, along with a good amount of exp. Arcantus drops arcantus only parts) missions imo aren't that great
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Junking Robots with Locked Parts + a bunch of other questions   Junking Robots with Locked Parts + a bunch of other questions EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:00 pm

Mac2492 wrote:

1) What happens to locked parts when you junk robots? Do they disappear, stay linked with the BD, or become unlocked? Second option seems most logical, because the third could be abused to unlock any locked parts. Second one, also, broken/tuned slots are restored.

2) What is this CrimRose Store that people are mentioning? (like here) Crimrose stand in front the cosmos pot, you trade in parts and weapons for points, which you exchange for tune materials.

3) For Cartridges... Which special dash actions are useful? And are defensive cartridges important? I've been raising Capacity for almost every upgrade (have not gone past level 5 yet) and I'm a bit worried that I may be crippling my bot, but I'm really not one for defensive characters. orz. Mobility is important for dodging attacks (surprising as it seems, yes, you don;t want to be hit by stuff, some exceptions may apply), some have extra perks (air loop allows you to gain altitude with each jump, sway has an invincibility frame, etc). Guard carts are situational, blast guard would be a great choice except the most common blast weapon (bazooka) is usually less than 50% blast. Beam guard is useful for some air to air combat but most airs use a mini zook if they're smart, this helps against AG though. Sword guard is useful if you are slower/worried about being caught against a LND, or do a lot of meleeing vs other melees. Shell guard is utter waste of space. Capacity is usually good, on most Rt and Gara bots it's usually worth it to take all of them since they're in short supply (usually 5-6), in UC bots this is usually not necessary.

4) I have 100k UC at the moment. I've been rolling Super UC Garapon tons, but I was wondering if it's worth it to spend 150k to get 50 RT before conversion goes away. Would it be better to keep rolling Super UC Garapon or take a break and convert first? I'd convert 40 rt and roll the rest until you're happy, since the last 10 is 50k, the 40k lot is probably the last one I would take safely if you don't farm lots.

5) Are missions and quests worth doing for drops/UC? I know that quests can be spammed to level bots up quickly, but I've been spending most of my time in Arena because I've never gotten any worthwhile drops from missions/quests. Run arc treasures, at Silver hero (27) you can get all 10 treasures, which is usually around 50k UC per week, this takes usually less than hour if you go seraph wing spam/prop bits. Routes are usually up 2-3 days after the update.

Back to top Go down
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Junking Robots with Locked Parts + a bunch of other questions   Junking Robots with Locked Parts + a bunch of other questions EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks a bunch, nix and knyx. :>

/out of questions for now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junking Robots with Locked Parts + a bunch of other questions   Junking Robots with Locked Parts + a bunch of other questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Junking Robots with Locked Parts + a bunch of other questions
Page 1 of 1